If The BFG Series Winner Doesn't Win At BFG...

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
...I just think that the whole thing will ultimately come off as sort of a waste of time.

I guess, however, it could depend on whether or not the series is sticking around. If it's just been a one year deal, then I guess it doesn't really make quite as much of a difference. It'll still seem like something of a waste with all the attention and the months that the series has been going on. If the idea is for it to stick around, then not having the first winner walk out with the title at BFG could blow a huge hole in the entire concept. If TNA plans to have this as an annual tournament, then the winner of the first one definitely needs to walk out with the title in my view at BFG. After all, imagine if Edge had cashed in the first MITB briefcase and lost. While it doesn't always happen, most people tend to expect a World Championship change during a company's biggest ppv.

The BFG Series has been a different way of building up the TNA WHC match at Bound For Glory, which is TNA's biggest ppv event of the year. The current "Final Four" of the series are Bully Ray, Bobby Roode, Cowboy James Storm & Gunner. I think that all of us are fairly certain that Gunner won't be winning the BFG Series as he's not nearly ready to be in the TNA WHC picture, especially at their biggest ppv. Guy just doesn't have the credibility right now, so that leaves 3 known and well respected wrestlers who've made their mark primarily or almost entirely in the tag team picture.

Could not possibly agree more.

And I'll take it a step further and say that if Roode or Storm don't win the title the entire series will be a colossal failure. Sure it started a few stories and continued others, built up Gunner and Crimson moderately well, but if it's just going to be used to further along stories it loses a lot of the momentum the winner (the person who should matter the most) would receive. This entire thing has to set up a payoff and if it doesn't and wrestler X (Roode hopefully) loses the first BFG series any future attempt to start another series will seem totally unimportant.

And I'll go a step farther than that. You have a heel champion at this point (I'll reserve talking about how poorly it was executed to turn him heel but he is a heel) and that heel champion is Kurt Angle. Most would argue that Angle is the best TNA has in terms of ability and credibility. Beating Angle on TNA's biggest stage CLEANLY would be huge for anyone. It would create a superstar that ran the gauntlet and beat out 11 other wrestlers and then toppled the biggest star in the company. THAT is how you build a star. Thus, if somehow a Roode or Storm wins the series and turns heel in order to beat the champ, the whole thing looks like crap as well.

Not with me yet? Let's recap. Both Storm and Roode have dealt with injuries and have fought as valiant babyfaces to get where they've gotten in the series. If they win it, they will have overcome everything to win. That's a true babyface way to accomplish things. After all that, after months of fighting, scrapping, and overcoming odds, you CANNOT turn the guy who wins heel. That guy didn't need help to beat 11 guys so he should be strong enough to beat one. I know TNA has this tendency to want heel champions 12 months a year, but it's ok to have a babyface triumph to become a major star. Heck, it's actually what the company needs. If it's Roode, he's a guy you can send out to do tons of media and really promote the company as its top good guy. That's what needs to happen with this tournament. If it doesn't, you are talking about taking almost 4 months of programming and matches and taking a giant dump on it.

I have faith that this won't happen, but it's tough to be sure. After all, the triumphant face last year was Kurt Angle who had beaten 9 guys to get to the title match for the first time in a while and he was screwed when him winning would have been a great moment. This time, go the opposite way. Let the babyface triumph and give the fans a real moment to remember.

And even another step further than that, keep both Storm and Roode as faces, let one of, if not the best ever tag teams in TNA break up as faces. Have doesn't make it to the BFG finals come out and hug the title winner after struggling to get to the upper echelon for years together.

That isn't required or anything but none of you can say that it wouldn't be a great moment in TNA history.

Yea I really think that Rhoode or Storm HAS to Win this Series and cement one of them as a STAR and this Series is the Best way to do this after 4 months if build winning the Series is HUGE and on top of that Kurt Angle is champion and they will Main Event BFG the biggest PPV of the year for TNA and If either beats Kurt Angle who is argueably TNA's biggest Star Cleanly that person is solidifed as a Top guy in TNA and a Star for this company. Rhoode or Storm celebrating their first World Title Win and the other guy congratulating the winner would a great way to end BFG.

Jeffy Hardy the Impact golden boy going to jail for drugs, Current Champion drives drunk again and gets a 3 yr contact. Between Bubba ray, Rhoode, Storm and Gunner none of them have anything wrong, if they really want to get into the WHC picture they will need to commit murder, and kill someone. Impact wrestling is the worst thing in the world now, RVD and his Drugs, Hardy ( Matt) and his drugs/Drinking, Hardy (Jeff) and his drugs, Angle and His drunkenness, Hall and his drinking ( granted his was a problem long before). I guess those old commercials were wrong people do think "I want to be a junkie when I grow up, I can work for Impact wrestling"

I hope it ends up being Roode vs. Storm for the right to be the #1 contender. I love them as a tag team but it may be time to split them up and let them go out on their own.

Personally I really hope Roode ends up winning the title at BFG, he is fantastic and would be a perfect challenger for BFG and I believe he would be a great champion. After the match maybe have Storm come down to congratulate the guy and then turn on him and let them feud for a while in the main event picture. Both guys deserve it, frankly I am a big fan of both Roode and Storm and would be up for either guy to become world champ.

I also think a World Title feud between both guys would be a fantastic way to go, it would be something new, fresh and a great idea all around. Some would say Bully Ray but I like Roode and Storm better and feel overall both ARE better.

Anyways that's what I hope happens. They are my favorite tag team but both could do so much more in TNA and both could have successful runs as singles stars.

Anywho, It's pretty obvious TNA has built this series for the last 4 months. I don't see why they would end it with Angle winning when he is leaving TV for awhile anyhow.

Unfortunately, I know who wins which takes away from the enjoyment or shock value if there is any shock into it but It won't disappoint. I'm excited for the potential matches that can be delivered this month and next month.

I do think this BFG series concept will be a main stay because it really helps sell house show tickets because fans do get a legit TV match on the road with the same exact passion and intensity which is one of the reasons they did it. It's also raised more awareness to newer fans, casual fans or fans in general on BFG and the significance of the PPV which has increased tickets which is what I think is most important. This is the first time, BFG has gotten a build from 5 months in advance, whenever a major event happens in wrestling or for TNA they usually sell well with prior build up and if you look at ticketmaster and call them, Bound For Glory is nearly sold out. The series concept is a total helper for them.

There really is no way they would ditch the concept after it created Crimson, repackaged Samoa Joe and now seems to be giving a new direction to Roode and Storm as singles stars.

i dont agree unless the winner loses then is not pushed after the title again. i really hope Robert Rhoode wins the match and the title. James Storm is ok, but i think Rhoode is better, Gunner just doesnt connect with me and while i like Bully Ray's character and his skills, i do NOT like his name. Bully Ray just sounds cheesy to me. they should've just called him another name, BUT keep his bully image. his look isnt bad, i just dont like his name. i would like for Rhoode to win though, he's been in the company for a while and i like his mic work and his in ring skills though i admit, James Storm isnt a bad option.

i couldnt agree more the winner of the BFG series NEEDS to win the title at BFG! and thats why i didnt want crimson to win the series as hes not ready for the title...out of the last 4 left id say either roode or storm needs to win the whole tournament then go on to the win the title..gunner isnt ready for the title and bully ray isnt good enough imho

If the winner of the BFG series losses and they (TNA) messes this up it just might be the final knife in me watching. I watched since FSN and up until now. I hope they don't screw this up either. I personally want Bully Ray to win the whole thing. What would be right is to have a face Roode win an keep him face and make him win against Angle.

TNA if you fuck this up, I just might truly lose fate in you. So don't as much as I like WWE its been on for 15 years and I really need the change of pace in my wrestling life. I tired UFC but them hugging on the floor for 3 mins out of a 5 minute round just doesn't work. For it being real it is boring as watching paint dry. So don't fuck this up.

The series winner has to win the title; it wouldn't make since if they didn't. My problem with most of the post is that some feel it's a failure if Roode doesn't win it. While I wouldn't mind seing Roode win it, I think it would be great to see Gunner or Bully Ray win. Bully Ray really deserves it, he's fought and struggled for years to get to the top and this would be an excellent last hoorah for an old vet. Then there's Gunner, we're always complaining that these companies don't build it's young talent. What better way to build than put the strap on Gunner. It ties right into the Kurt Angle storyline of him destroying young talent, and the rest of immortal turns on him. It kinda reminds me of Randy Orton and Evolution. This was one of the steps used to make Orton a bigger star. The same can be done for Gunner.

The winner of the BFG Series defeating Angle/Sting/Anderson/whoever at Bound For Glory is absolutely crucial for TNA's future. This series could become something that they do every year to help push future stars, but if they ruin it this year with the first winner then it will not seem like a big deal if they try it next year. Roode and Storm are definitely ready to take a step into the main event scene. Even Bully Ray could give it a shot, although I'd rather they not have him win it. Gunner is not ready yet, however Gunner winning (as much as I dislike him) is better than the winner losing at Bound For Glory. The series has the potential to become a prestigious and important part of TNA's year because it's a concept that no one else does, but it all comes down to this year's winner going on to win the main event at the biggest show of the year. It could turn into TNA's answer to the Royal Rumble if the guy wins or yet another waste of everyone's time if the guy loses.

I had Crimson winning it and getting screwed out of his shot at Bfg setting somthing up at a later ppv. I see that as stupid and that's about all I can say. Sure Crimson was hot as shit and technically still the leader in points. But they had to put a cap on him, bring him back have him beat a few more people and do something. They aren't doing shit with the Tv title. Give that to him and build him up as a monster with it.

I want Roode to win it. While both him and storm have been in the tag scene forever. Roode has a total package type deal. I want to see Kurt beating him at Bfg and have Roode come back with an Upset victory. Best finish in my mind.

I think either Storm and Roode are good for the title picture, but I hope they aren't like WWE and decide that if one partner is getting a push they have them split. It'll be Angle vs ___ I'm sure, and it will most likely be from Beer Money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back