If Some One Turns, Who?

If Team Cena member was to turn, Who would it be?

• John Cena

• Dolph Ziggler

• Big Show

• Ryback

• Eric Rowan

Results are only viewable after voting.

RedRegan1005

Leading A Revolution
Triple H said it before, there is always a plan B. So lets say at Survivor Series one man on Team Cena saves his job security by turning on Team Cena screwing them and helping Team Authority.

The question is simple. Of the five men on Team Cena who do you think would be most likely to turn? And who would you wanna see turn most?

Most Likely: Eric Rowan - I would hope this wouldn't happen cause i'm interested in seeing where a babyface run could go with him. However it would make the most sense that the crazy former partner of Luke Harper was suddenly placed on Team Cena just as an insurance policy for team Authority.

Who I Would Want To: John Cena - I know the topic has been beaten into the ground, but come on it could work. John Cena screws the WWE. With the top guy in the WWE with the Authority it would make them seem unstoppable. Plus an interesting he didn't even come out to hething to note is that there have been multiple multiple beat downs, including all the ones this past Monday, on Cena's teammates where lp despite being shown in the Arena moments before and after. Wishful thinking but just my point of view.

I voted Ziggler forgetting that he just lost his title Monday, and it would make no sense for him to join the group that cost him his Intercontinental title.

So I guess Erick Rowan is the most likely choice.

In before this thread magically disappears. My guess would be Rowan though. I would've said a Sheamus heel turn, coming down the ramp of course, but they're running with the injury angle. Might be real... :shrug:

A DZ heel turn would be dumb. He's finally gotten over almost entirely with the crowd. More over than he's ever been at least. Why ruin that?

Considering they would've already had the Survivor Series storyline written before the Sheamus injury/Rowan addition, I doubt that anything interesting will happen with Rowan in the match. They might actually let him eliminate Kane or Henry so he doesn't get completely buried, but my guess is he'll just get eliminated (probably at the hands of Rusev), and that will be that. No heel turn or anything.

Big Show heel turn would lack complete logic, considering what the Authority has done to him in the past year. I don't think Steph's promise of "being on the HOF ballot in 2015" or whatever would carry enough gravity to effect a PPV main event match. So I'm crossing Rowan and Show off the heel-turn list.

Ziggler is just so mega-over with the universe already that it wouldn't really benefit him or anybody to turn heel. The company kind of lacks solid babyfaces at the moment, and Ziggler is one of the few who can get over even without being given much mic time. So I just don't see them turning Ziggler heel, especially with Bryan out indefinitely, Reigns missing time, and Sheamus potentially injured as well.

I'm sure John Cena will turn heel at SOME point in the next few years - he almost HAS to - but I doubt it would come right now. Not with Lesnar's future up in the air and the WWE possibly needing a babyface Cena to win the title at Rumble and hold it until WrestleMania.

This brings me to Ryback. I honestly don't believe that the WWE would repackage Ryback and push him as this huge babyface just to have him turn heel after one month of actually generating semi-decent reactions from the fans. They already teased him turning on Cena during the opening segment of Raw a few weeks back, just to have him "turn face" again in the closing segment of the show. I really don't see them revisiting Ryback turning on Cena for the second time in three weeks.

At the moment, there just doesn't seem to be a good opportunity for anyone on Team Cena to turn heel. I think for the most part, we're going to see a clean match between Cena and the Authority, with Team Cena prevailing because of some timely interference from Randy Orton. Maybe Triple H gets involved as well, but I don't see any major swerves coming.

Then again, isn't that the point of a swerve? That you never see it coming?

Big Show turning heel would make no sense, he's already made his obligatory flip-flop this year.

Erick Rowan betraying the team would be irrelevant since he's a complete nobody and it would mean nothing.

Dolph Ziggler turning would be a laughably bad decision, considering he's the most over babyface in the company, and him joining the group that just stole his title would be one of the most brain-dead ideas ever.

Cena's not turning heel. Deal with it.

The ONLY choice is Ryback. Ryback as a babyface just doesn't work. Everything about him screams heel.

Yeah, the only two logical options are Ryback and Rowan and Ryback makes the most sense, I guess. They teased it by the Authority bringing up the videos of Cena making fun of Ryback next year.

Part of me wondered if they've been teasing a face Ryback vs HHH in the future but I'm not sure. I think Ryback should stay heel, though, and let Rowan screw team Cena.

Or heaven forbid you let the Authority when cleanly and have a clean finish to a PPV.

Or heaven forbid you let the Authority when cleanly and have a clean finish to a PPV.

Right!?! I think the reason a lot of people liked the "Hall of Pain" from Mark Henry was that he was a heel, and he flat out destroyed people. He beat people and beat them clean and was getting over because that's a character of is done so rarely these days.

I don't get why heels can't win without cheating or without some kind of swerve. Can a guy that's a jerk not simply be better than someone else? Punk made it work until they turned him face...

I don't think the cliffhangers and the BS finishes help draw people in the next night on RAW.

Don't think it makes any sense for anyone other than John Cena to go heel, as there aren't much benefits in turning any of the other guys heel.

John Cena: Given he is Team Captain, him turning Heel on Sunday would definitely be the kind of swerve required to get people to tune in and renew subs,etc. The fact that most people believe it to be impossible makes such a moment even bigger.

Dolph Ziggler: Suited to being a face and has the crowd behind him. Turning him heel would achieve what exactly anyway? There is already Rollins, who is a much better 'small' heel guy anyway.

Big Show: No comment.

Ryback: Just returned to being face. The chants are working. Turning him back heel again makes no sense at this point as there is absolutely no benefit in it.

Rowan: Again, see Ryback. Turn him heel and he gets completely lost because he just isn't that good. Turning him face was a nice swerve and might help him get over better given it was unlikely and people might give it time.

Want a Heel turn for a Team Cena member? See Sheamus.

I'm telling you guys, no one's going to turn. Orton's going to come back (It is in St. Louis, after all) and either help Cena defeat Rollins which completes his face turn or accidentally on-purpose cost Cena the match by DQ when he goes after Rollins for taking him out a few weeks ago.

Truthfully, there aren't enough faces right now to make a heel turn. I just don't think it makes sense, especially when you have other alternatives.

You can have Triple H be his own Plan B by getting involved in the match and making it a 6-on-5...

I see him opening the show with a major announcement that he is using the power of The Authority to make it a 6-on-5 handicap match and he is wrestling in it now...

That opens the door for the 2nd "surprise" being Orton returning during the match and helping Cena win...

I don't think anyone will turn, but if anyone did, it would be Rowan in my opinion. Working for the Authority, destruction from within etc.

But yes, like the others, I'm mainly banking on an Orton return. :)

There are a good amount of scenarios that can plausibly happen to end this match in truth. Roman Reigns was originally scheduled to return in November (don't know if that changed or not) and of course, it makes total sense to have Randy Orton return at SS, in his home town to cost The Authority. As I see it, there are 5 options:

1. Roman Reigns: Of course, there's always the possibility that somebody like Rowan could be taken out of the SS match via attack and Reigns return as his replacement but barring this I see Reigns either costing The Authority OR Team Cena the match. I can see it coming down to Cena vs Rollins, and at a point when both men are down (and the ref), Reigns music hits, he comes down, stares down Rollins, and either SMP's him or turns and does it to Cena. To me it all depends on if the WWE wants to push Reigns as the next heel or face of the company (pun intended). This would set up either a feud with Rollins, or Cena.

2. Randy Orton: Same kind of scenario as RR but without the heel turn part. If he shows up at SS, he's costing The Authority the match imo.

3. Ziggler turn: I guess Ziggler could do it to save his job, but I don't see why they would take the title off of him... That would make no sense, unless he screws Team Cena and Harper literally hands him the title saying, "I'm a team playa"... even that makes little sense. This is a possibility but I don't see it happening.

4. Rowan turn: This scenario is more likely than Ziggler turning. Harper and Rowan could still be together with Harper pulling the strings. It's possible that Rowan is a plant by The Authority and he will end up re-uniting with Harper by turning on Team Cena. Still unlikely.

5. Ryback: This is the most logical choice to turn imo but that doesn't mean I would like it, (personally I prefer Ryback as a face at this point). With Reigns and Orton coming back, the main event face scene will be pretty stacked (Cena, Reigns, Orton, Ambrose) while there are a lack of top active heels right now (Rollins, Wyatt, *Lesnar), I'd throw Rusev into that category but I don't think he's there yet. Anyway, Cena's not going to be doing much until RR and Ryback is a "sexy" roadblock to run through on his way to Brock Lesnar. Like I said, I don't necessarily like this scenario, but I'm trying to look at it through WWE's eyes.

All in all, I don't think any of the turn scenarios are very likely and RR will probably return around Rumble time. That leaves Orton which is the most logical and likely option.

my only guess is eric rowan. If wwe turn ziggler or ryback then they both back from their push. Big show turn is absolute meaningless. Even at ss they injured someone and bring orton for that place. May be he lied to cena.

I see both Eric Rowan and Ryback turning. I see Rowan turning to side with harper which could tie into the "she" Rowan was looking for, "she" being stephanie, and then ryback just leaving to be counted out after hes cleaned house of team authority and randomly meat-hook clotheslining Big Show allowing him to be put into the accolade or World Strongest Slammed afterwards eliminating him, since ryback has said previously he isnt team cena or team authority.

Later on as the odds are stacked Cena eliminates a couple of people and gets attacked from behind by rollins.

Then a cluster-fudge ending randy comes outta nowhere and RKO's Cena, everyone thinks hes joined team authority, and then he bangs out another RKO outta nowhere to Rollins, but Rollins lands on Cena and picks up the victory for team authority while randy walks to the back straight after he had dropped Rollins with the RKO

You have to remember people, it doesnt matter how meaningless a heel turn would be for Eric Rowan and Ryback, the show is focused around cena and showing him to be a hero. But yeah both Eric Rowan and Ryback turn stacking the odds once again against Cena, he overcomes the odds again sunday but just comes out unlucky on this occasion :)

Don't think it makes any sense for anyone other than John Cena to go heel, as there aren't much benefits in turning any of the other guys heel.

Ziggler: He was (illogically) a heel for a hell of a long time, and while WWE doesn't mind occasionally abandoning logic, I don't think Dolph turning heel again is big enough news to cause much excitement or consternation.

Big Show: Done & dusted. He can function equally well as good or bad, but why would we get excited about another face change? Besides, they've already done that with his buddy Mark Henry.

Ryback: Let's give him some time as a face; he recently returned after a hiatus, coming back as a good guy on the basis of......well, nothing. So, what's the hurry to make him bad? His crowd reaction is pretty good, unlike, say, Batista, whom they turned bad quickly because the crowd wasn't going for him and it became almost embarrassing to cast him as a face. Ryback has no such problem......yet.

Rowan: It might be useful to first find out whether he is a face or heel before turning him to the other side.

Cena:As the OP says, this has been discussed to death, but I'm still hoping for it. While it's been speculated WWE management is too "scared" to do it because this would hurt Cena's merchandise sales (which I think is ridiculous; they could make new "bad guy" Cena products and they'd sell like hotcakes) but I believe this face turn would be absolutely huge, even topping the Hulk Hogan transformation in WCW. I can't guess what the Survivor Series match against the Authority is supposed to accomplish if the plan is for Triple H's team to lose, but a bad guy Cena would rock the building if they did it right.

Cena:As the OP says, this has been discussed to death, but I'm still hoping for it. While it's been speculated WWE management is too "scared" to do it because this would hurt Cena's merchandise sales (which I think is ridiculous; they could make new "bad guy" Cena products and they'd sell like hotcakes) but I believe this face turn would be absolutely huge, even topping the Hulk Hogan transformation in WCW. I can't guess what the Survivor Series match against the Authority is supposed to accomplish if the plan is for Triple H's team to lose, but a bad guy Cena would rock the building if they did it right.

Indeed.

Other than a Huge Surprise like a Sting, Reigns, Bryan etc....a John Cena Heel turn is the biggest swerve that can be pulled....and even though we are both posting and giving such ideas, still, I'd say, both of us would be pleasantly surprised that they have finally pulled the trigger on a Cena Heel turn....

What happens to Brock-Cena III in such a case? Who cares anyway....maybe somehow Orton gets it, or maybe we get swerved and the new Mania Main Event is Reigns vs Heel Cena which would be much more unpredictable than Reigns-Lesnar would be...

But, I'm holding my breath on such a scenario because it makes too much sense for the WWE to do it.

I think that Vince turns, and swerves the fans. He's a natural heel, he's the natural heel Authority guy, and it can just be construed as a work the entire time. I see Orton returning, but only to fight AGAINST the Authority, making Rollins the natural feud, and then Vince comes out and swerves the faces.

The smark fans won't let Ziggler turn. They won't let Ryback turn. Rowan doesn't make sense in the match, really, but I don't see him turning, they can do big things with Rowan and Harper feuding for the Intercontinental title. And Big Show is one PPV away from retiring. His matches have the Andre treatment, 90% leaning on ropes and laying on his back.

Honestly I think with the death of the Authority we will see a new big bad emerging from Survivor Series in the way of the long rumoured John Cena heel turn. A new faction of Cena, Rollins and Harper with the blessing of HHH running amok on the rest of the WWE.

I'm all for John Cena turning heel at some point, but at the moment, what would his kayfabe logic be? Before he can turn heel, I think he needs to be given an actual REASON to turn heel. I don't see what that reasoning could be just yet. Especially if they're building to an eventual Rusev-Cena feud, which wouldn't work if they're both huge heels.

Where is the no one turns option?

I agree with what someone else further above the thread said about no one turning.

Cena is Cena, and he will never turn heel. The WWE makes way too much money off him in merchandise sales, and I don't see it happening just to please the IWC.

Ziggler is crazy over and he doesn't make a good heel. His moveset is a face moveset and he would lose all momentum going to the dark side.

Big Show, no way, he's so pissed at his friend Mark Henry right now, makes no sense. He's a face and he's staying that way.

Ryback just came off being a heel and look where it got him, paired up with Curtis Axle. Besides he gave an interview saying he let the fans and himself down, and he won't let that happen again. He's a face for the time being.

Rowan is the most obvious choice, that's why he's the least likely to turn. He needs to feud with Harper, and then maybe we'll find out a little more about what went on with the Wyatt's.

HHH's plan B probably involves getting himself into the match to ensure a victory. Enter Orton, he'll put a stop to that and to complete the face turn we've all been waiting for. So if anyone is going to turn it will be Orton.

As much as I would love it to be John Cena, I don't think anyone is likely to turn. And if someone is more likely, then it has to be Eric Rowan.

Rowan needs to go out on his own and I would hate to see him turn on the best chance he has of doing that. But I'm afraid that it makes the most sense. His partnership with Bray and Harper lends itself to this school of thought. When you consider that Bray Wyatt couldn't get the better of John Cena on a few different occasions, it makes it completely logical that Rowan could finally screw Cena out of his big win – Wyatt claiming to be the mastermind behind the whole plan. I reckon that Rowan and Ryback are the only logical wrestlers who could do this.

And whilst that is something that might happen, I am telling you something that definitely shouldn't happen; the Big Show being the one who turns. Jesus, my eyes nearly rolled up inside my skull when I think of how disinterested and disappointed I would be if this happened. The Big Show is not a heel. For all his size, he just cannot pull off being the bad guy. This needs to be avoided at all costs.

As much as I would love it to be John Cena, I don't think anyone is likely to turn. And if someone is more likely, then it has to be Eric Rowan.

Rowan needs to go out on his own and I would hate to see him turn on the best chance he has of doing that. But I'm afraid that it makes the most sense. His partnership with Bray and Harper lends itself to this school of thought. When you consider that Bray Wyatt couldn't get the better of John Cena on a few different occasions, it makes it completely logical that Rowan could finally screw Cena out of his big win – Wyatt claiming to be the mastermind behind the whole plan. I reckon that Rowan and Ryback are the only logical wrestlers who could do this.

And whilst that is something that might happen, I am telling you something that definitely shouldn't happen; the Big Show being the one who turns. Jesus, my eyes nearly rolled up inside my skull when I think of how disinterested and disappointed I would be if this happened. The Big Show is not a heel. For all his size, he just cannot pull off being the bad guy. This needs to be avoided at all costs.

I really hope Rowan doesn't turn. This sudden, apparent face turn by joining team Cena is the most interesting I've found him. He and Harper are newly on their own and they are now instantly opposing each other.

I find this so interesting because it asks so many questions. And it points them at Bray Wyatt. He "healed" these men and released them onto the world, yet they're already on opposite sides. Can both men be furthering his message by making sure that no matter who wins that the family will have an inside man?

I think the Wyatt family storyline is far from over and I think that a time will come when Bray calls them home. It will be explained that Bray interfered in the Ambrose/Rollins match to distract Dean while the power struggle played itself out. Then he sent Harper and Rowan to join opposing sides so that no matter which side wins, they Wyatt family is the real winner. Bray will be able to call the shots without ever being on the radar and it will, eventually, culminate with the Wyatt family having a brief moment of power where Bray will call them home and Bray will have a WHC match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back