If it didn't happen on TV... it didn't happen

tbanger

Happily paid for John Cena's album
I just had a thought, while thinking of the Edge Christian confrontation at Backlash. WWE do this, and I'd assume TNA do it as well.

Edge and Christian met backstage at Backlash. They argued about how Edge "used to be fun" and spoke as if they hadn't seen each other in a while. The thing is, they're (storyline) brothers. Even without acknowledging TNA, the WWE has to acknowledge that Christian has been alive. As if E&C wouldn't have had this argument sometime over the last five years or so!

But the way they worded the promo was like, "I have just noticed what you are doing and don't like it! Why aren't you a nice/funny guy anymore, brother?"

They could easily have re-worded it so it was like, "and now i'm back in the WWE, I want you to know, I think what you're doing is wrong, etc, etc."

What I'm talking about is the essentially the opposite of bringing things from real life into storyline, i.e Matt-Edge-Lita.

Can you think of funny examples where things happened on TV where you've thought... "Well, they didn't need to be backstage at a show for that to happen. Surely they would have discussed this at home, or somewhere else..."

Sorry if this is something that has been discussed already...

ok i dunno if this is exactly what you're looking for but its similar and also involves Christian.

Remember when himself and Jericho had a wager on air as to who could get with Trish first. Surely during the week somebody would have told Trish what was going on or she could have seen the tape!

Its like the wrestlers only exist for the two hours of the show and then dont exist during the week!

Ya, I've had the same thoughts. Pretty much everytime Edge and Vickie have some kind of trouble, they act like they haven't seen each other for a week and deal with their problems on TV like it is the 1st time.

I don't have a problem for it, it's just the way it is.

My personal favourite on this ridiculousness was when Orton punted Vince before he could get fired. Then he won the Royal Rumble so he couldn't get fired. Fine, but how do you explain the fact that he somehow managedto keep his job for a full six days between Raw on Monday and Royal Rumble on Sunday. Couldn't the board have sacked him in the meantime, or even Vince, assuming he wasn't in a coma.

I don't get is when some crazy psycho like Kane feuds with someone the attacks always happen during a broadcast. Someone like Kane would find you and attack you while you slept. Crazy doesn't run on a schedule between 9-11 on monday night or 10-11 on tuesday nights or 8-10 on Friday nights. Someone feuding with Kane would be at risk any time of the day or week not just during broadcasts. The only exceotion is title changes that happen during house shows but usually find their way back to whoever had them in the first place.

I personally think that its kinda stupid.

But, they can't say on tv like "Yeah vickie, we already talked about that idea... Mhmmm... Yeah that wasn't such a good idea... This one was though! I'm glad we resolved this at home!" Then nobody will know who or what the hell they are talking about. It will confuse everyone, and there won't be much exciting things on tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back