• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If HHH can...

Y4J

Occasional Pre-Show
WHY can't HBK get at least ONE more title run? He got a TINY one for like a month when he took the elimination chamber, but if HHH can get title shots EVEN when there is DESERVING heels and faces should before him, why can't HBK?

The guy is one of, if not THE best worker STILL in WWE at the age of 43 or 44 and no matter WHAT the guy is doing, it's gold. In the ring at Mania 25, his match with Taker SAVED that God awful ppv.. His feud with JBL was actually INTRUIGING because of his work in it. His promos are still great, and he's still massive over.

I mean, sure he isn't the top guy, but I think that just shows how great he is.. The guy is practically the best, and he doesn't even NEED the title to show it. Like some do *cough cough HHH cough cough.* It also shows his love for the business.. Putting people over, putting great matches. Hell he put Orton over, stipulation or not, and Orton still PINNED him in the ring.

But WWE needs to take advantage of HBK right now.. Not saying they aren't, but like I said.. If HHH can, HBK can as well. Give the guy a title run.. Let us having some great matches and storylines. Because HBK will make it work.

Couldn't agree more. I would love to see another semi-lengthy title run from The Heartbreak Kid before he retires from the business. He is one of those stand up guys that leaves everything he has in the ring, and doesn't care about putting people over. If anybody deserves one last run besides the Undertaker, it's Shawn Michaels. Michaels is way over, his mic skills are spot on, and he can still get it done. Let's hope Vince realizes this and gives him one more shot.

From my understanding HBK does not want the title. I too wondered why it has been over 6 years since ANY singles title run.

I will say this though: HBK is very picky about who he puts over; maybe pickier than HHH. Game lost to Cena, Benjamin, and Hardy long before HBK did. I have read that HBK isn't necessarily against putting someone over, its who and when; even now. I'm not saying HHH isn't picky but both should be. Victories mean more. When Cena made HHH tap at WM 22, you knew exactly where Cena stood. Unlike Benoit, Cena was youner and more charasmatic. And unlike JBL the previous year, at WM22, Cena actually beat a well established champ. I could go on but I will save that for another thread as this is not the point.

But back to the original point, I would like to see HBK with the title but he seems to do fine without it. HBK is not defined by the belt like HHH is. It is a huge difference in character. Much like Taker doesn't need the belt. If HHH is going to get people over, he needs the belt first. HBK does it just by his legendary status. So that maybe why you will see more reigns from the Game and probably no more by Shawn.

WHY can't HBK get at least ONE more title run? He got a TINY one for like a month when he took the elimination chamber, but if HHH can get title shots EVEN when there is DESERVING heels and faces should before him, why can't HBK?

The guy is one of, if not THE best worker STILL in WWE at the age of 43 or 44 and no matter WHAT the guy is doing, it's gold. In the ring at Mania 25, his match with Taker SAVED that God awful ppv.. His feud with JBL was actually INTRUIGING because of his work in it. His promos are still great, and he's still massive over.

I mean, sure he isn't the top guy, but I think that just shows how great he is.. The guy is practically the best, and he doesn't even NEED the title to show it. Like some do *cough cough HHH cough cough.* It also shows his love for the business.. Putting people over, putting great matches. Hell he put Orton over, stipulation or not, and Orton still PINNED him in the ring.

But WWE needs to take advantage of HBK right now.. Not saying they aren't, but like I said.. If HHH can, HBK can as well. Give the guy a title run.. Let us having some great matches and storylines. Because HBK will make it work.

Your comment of he doesn't even need the title says it all. He doesn't need it therefore he won't get it.

HBK works a limited schedule for WWE. If he was a world champion that just wouldn't work. It was reported that he was in real bad shape after that ladder match with Jericho at No Mercy, and the same thing is being reported about him after the match with Taker at WM 25. We all know HBK has a history of knee and back injuries, and that's just going to keep getting worse as time goes on. He's happy with his position in WWE. Plus HBK is already considering retirement, so I don't think he'll have a title run. HHH put over Orton at No Mercy 2007 (which by the way kicked off the Age Of Orton), and he only had the title for a couple of hours.

Veteran's don't really need a title even though I'd like to see HBK with a title before he retires. But when your a real Veteran like HBK, Undertaker, etc., at 10 + year career your already well established with fans. It is nice to see a veteran with a title although its not really what they need at that point of there career.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to have the title. He doesn't want to be "The Man." He also doesn't work a full time schedule since he doesn't work house shows. I'm sure WWE would like for him to be a champion again, however with his limited schedule, they probably wouldn't give him one. I do however think that maybe an IC or US title run would be good for him and the prestige of one of those belts. Slap the IC title on HBK and let him run with it for 6-8 months. Bring up the prestige of the belt and let him get some work in with those mid-carders that really need a boost.

First...WWE is a business.A business needs a face that's recognized by the main audience; in WWE's case, kids.That face needs to work a full schedule, including house shows, tv, interviews, newspapers etc.Vince, although i'm sure would award Shawn with a last reign as WWE or WH champion, wants what's best for the biz.Shawn also wants what's best for the biz, aka pushing young guns to replace the old guys, + he isn't young anymore.he's 43, considering retirement and for some years doesn't work a full schedule.
I would love to see HBK for one last amazing run at the top, but that's only his decision i think.

I could'nt agree more!

HHH is getting so much pushes in WWE, and i know why

greddyy!!!!!!! he is so damn greddy! he does'nt want to put anyone over!

not even Orton at Mania, even when personally Orton is bigger than Triple H right now, i dont care if HHH has the title, Randy is getting more boos than HHH is getting cheers...plus HHH is in the mcmahon family now! thats one of the main reasons he is still holding that belt!

and HBK deserves the title 40x more than HHH does, hbk doesnt NEED it to prove anything, but he hasnt had a reign in soooo long, and come on, HBK vs Taker was the main match at mania, that is what drew probaly 90% of the crowd there

Simply put, because it's not his show anymore, and he realizes it. Shawn is doing what most wrestlers have a difficult time doing; he is doing his best to stay out of the spotlight. It benefits HBK and the WWE for HBK to play the role he is now, and to keep putting on phenomenal matches without being put into the spotlight. Shawn and Taker are both more useful to help build new stars, and to work angles with wrestlers that are on their way to the top. I'm clamoring for an HBK/ Matt Hardy feud, as I feel the matches could be tremendous.

Certain wrestlers need the belt to get a reaction, HBK is one of the few that transcends titles, and doesn't need the strap to put himself over. He understands that, as long as he's Shawn Michaels and puts on great matches, he is going to have a role with the E. He knows that, and is willing to take a backseat to guys like Cena, Orton, etc. It is why, at least in my eyes, he will be a man of professionalism...

All right, at least from 2001 on to the present....

First...WWE is a business.A business needs a face that's recognized by the main audience; in WWE's case, kids.That face needs to work a full schedule, including house shows, tv, interviews, newspapers etc.Vince, although i'm sure would award Shawn with a last reign as WWE or WH champion, wants what's best for the biz.Shawn also wants what's best for the biz, aka pushing young guns to replace the old guys, + he isn't young anymore.he's 43, considering retirement and for some years doesn't work a full schedule.
I would love to see HBK for one last amazing run at the top, but that's only his decision i think.

Oh trust me I know..

I guess it's more cuz Shawn doesn't want it..

I think my thread should have been called WHY can't HHH be like HBK and realize it''s all about matches, and quality instead of QUANTITY of championships. In other words, why can't HHH be like HBK. be involved in great stories and matches and let the new blood like Edge, Orton, Jericho (Since he's at top of his game as a heel) Cena, Rey, and even Punk, MVP, and returning Kennedy run the show.

If this is HBK's last year of steady TV and PPV's, then I guarantee he will have one of the straps for a month- from one PPV to the next- so he can pass the torch to the next guy that will take his spot. HHH has the belt because of the name. He doesn't have half the workload he used to. Granted HBK does less, but HHH isn't working the workload of an Edge, Jericho, or even Cena.

If you want to talk house shows, HHH doesn't do half as many as he used to. HBK does the occasional house show, but nothing like the 90's. Shawn Michaels will probably work 85 times a year, including TV and PPV's ( I heard that in an interview with him). HHH does the TV taping and at most 2 shows per week (HHH also said that in an interview I read). He's a McMahon, the belt is on him for TV purposes for the fans and merchandise. They are only 4 years apart, and Michaels can still out work Hunter. He might need a little longer of a recovery period after a hard fought match, but there is nothing HHH can do better that Shawn Michaels. Right now he's taking an extended break so he can come back strong for some 2009 feuds. If the WWE runs 300dates a year, HHH might just make half of them. His kids are the grandchildren of the McMahons, so he's getting special treatment, and gets a lighter workload than say an Edge, Hardy, Cena or Jericho (and I'm not a Cena guy either, but he does work). They are the vets that carry the house shows. Its true he doesn't want or need the strap, but out of respect they will put it on him for a month sometime within the next year. He can still do all the things he used to, but he's just a tad slower. Hunter moves like a slug and is very predictable. Put HBK in the main event against Ortan at Mania and they would have torn it down. Give it some time.

Oh trust me I know..

I guess it's more cuz Shawn doesn't want it..

I think my thread should have been called WHY can't HHH be like HBK and realize it''s all about matches, and quality instead of QUANTITY of championships. In other words, why can't HHH be like HBK. be involved in great stories and matches and let the new blood like Edge, Orton, Jericho (Since he's at top of his game as a heel) Cena, Rey, and even Punk, MVP, and returning Kennedy run the show.

I think part of the problem with Triple H is his character is based on his obsession with the title. He will attack anyone, use anyone, and even screw anyone (not in the sexual context). So was Austin's, Rock's and Hogan's. Hogan worked for companies with one belt and longer reigns were tolerated. Austin worked with one belt and had his career cut short. Rock left after a short time. HBK's character isn't about the pursuit of the title. I know some people that were growing intolerant of Austin and Rock due to their constant chase of the title. Injuries may have kept Austin fresh longer and the Rock never had lengthy title reigns to my knowledge.

People are also starting to grow intolerant of Edge's title reign frequency and Cena's title reign legnth. If it wasn't Triple H banging Steph, people would be complaining louder about those two.

People are intolerant of Triple H's character because he is doing what many wish they could and probably would do: marry a hot heiress of a near-billion dollar industry, become heavily involved in the business, enjoys success, and enjoys wealth. Complain all you want but most people that you work with would do it. I have done things at work that would be deemed political. I have also watched others do so. Another reason they are intolerant is he has been going on for close to 10 years now.

As far as the new blood, Im not sure Jericho or Edge have ever beaten Triple H. I do believe Edge did pin Triple H in a triple-threat at Survivor Series. I don't know nor will I speculate why Jericho's matches have always favored the Game. The Age of Orton began at Triple H's expense. Cena was solidified as not just a second rate champ when he made HHH tap at WM22. Im not sure Rey, MVP, or Punk would do the best job selling PPVs for more than a 2-3 month period; at least not right now. And Kennedy... can he please get in the ring and stay there without hurting himself or someone else for 5 minutes? When he can do that, lets talk about him being a future fixture in the company.

Bottom line, the show should be about the belt. It is a show about a sport after all. Triple H is the Patriots and HBK is the Dallas Cowboys. One is hell-bent on the ultimate prize and a consistent competitor and the other is a huge draw no matter what he does.

Listen everyone... does HBK put on more exciting matches than HHH? I'm sure most of you will agree that the answer is YES. Because of this, does HBK deserve another title run? HELL NO. And here's why...

#1 - HBK is injury plagued.
The guy has constant back and knee problems while HHH is healthy (for the most part). When you run a billion dollar company like the WWE, you can't throw a title on someone that becomes more prone to injury in every match that they participate in, no matter HOW good of a worker they are.

#2 - It's time to pass the torch.
Let's face it, HBK's career is winding down and HHH's is still going strong. Throwing a strap on HHH puts butts in the seats and viewers on television. He is still younger, running hot and has a lot more to give than HBK does as the company's champion . HHH is better served as someone that can carry a title and represent the company until a young stud comes along to knock him off his perch. HBK is best served as someone that chases after a young stud's title and losing, which will elevate the new talent. While HHH is a modern title holder, HBK is a modern title chaser.

#3 - A champion must work a full schedule.
There is nothing more disappointing to the fans than buying a ticket to a show to see the champion NOT wrestle (or even show up to the show, for that matter). What good is a champion that only wrestles at a PPV and refuses to get physical at any time in between?

I'm not taking away from HBK because I've been a HUGE fan of his for a long time. He was my favorite wrestler when the Rockers broke up and he was in and out of the IC title picture, my favorite wrestler during the Monday Night Wars, and made a miracle happen (in my eyes) when he returned to the WWE at Summerslam. But, the time-honored tradition in the business of professional wrestling is that when your career is winding down, it's your time to be used to put over new talent. And as far as I'm concerned, no one is better at this than HBK.

The man is a GOD in pro-wrestling, but his time has come and gone.

I never did much like HBK, but I do agree that puting the IC or the US title on him would be great for the title. Having him fued with any of the up and comers now would be great. He could teach a lot of the young talent on how to be a great superstar and that would also give the belts some much needed legitimacy. It would be great if they would put the IC belt on him and have him hold it until WM26 and then drop it and retire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back