Idol

Tim

Each country has their own version. American Idol, Australian Idol etc. Anyway, I have two questions; Do you watch you country's show, and do you think an Idol has lost its meaning and if so when?

To start off with, I am an avid watcher of the show, however I missed the start of this year's show and couldn't get into it this year. I usually love seeing what songs they perform. And there's always that one person that you hate, every year and there's always your favourite that you feel can never do wrong. I love the show.

But I believe that in recent years, actually winning the competition doesn't amount to anything. I can only name 2 of our six idols, and that's because the first one had a number of hits and the other one is the latest one. There is no real point to the actual competition anymore, and usually you might get one top 5 single, the one you sing on the show, and then drop off the music scene.

What des everybody else think?

um i use to watch it. like when shannon noll and that was around. but i have never really liked it since anthony callea came second. i mean come on he was way better than kasey/casey? and he comes second. she only made one song and i haven't even heard about her since. and then for more iceing on the cake lee hardy? or what ever that crazy looking fella comes 3rd. lol i jsut think it is rigged and gay. well not gay but defently rigged.

Idol is slowly starting to die over here. The "winners" don't do nearly as much as they used to and of all I think 7 winners, 2 have ever done anything, those being Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. Clay Aiken has done a lot as well, but the winner from his season has done almost nothing at all. I only watch during the last two shows or so and the first few to see the dreams crushed. There's nothing sweeter than seeing them get shot down. The show has nothing left to do, and it's just not worth watching anymore, if ever at all.

Yes, I've watched all the series of Australian Idols since it's start.

The Idol show is possible of creating some fairly recogniseable house hold names, Shannon Noll comes to mind from the Australian show, Lee Harding aswell because he was different to anything that had been in the top 12 in previous Idols. I felt that this year, Australian Idol was lacking in talent because, Tim, I don't know about you, but there is no way Madam Parker should have been in the top 12. No way. With the exception of Wes, Mark, Luke and to some extent Thanh.

Also, the try out shows are pretty funny to laugh at some of the idiots who can't sing who make fools of themselves and the people who stir up trouble in the judging room.

Rarely you will get a couple of good singers. Last year was pretty crap. Natalie Gaucie won and hasn't done anything since. I think Wes has the potential, it's just up to him wether he is dead serious about becoming something, but then again, there is always that stigma attached to the Idol singing shows where people don't always take you very seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back