Ideas for new titles

hman V1

Dark Match Jobber
I know that many people are bored with the current titles so i have some ides for new ones.

Intergender Tag Team Titles
When you think about it it can get some of the jobbers on all 3 brands some exposure allowing more intergender tag team matches

thats all i can think of, what r urs?

I was under the impression that the WWe needed another title, and then sometimes I say they don't need anymore; and they are ok with what they have. However, if this WGN show kicks off then they might very well need a title like a TV title and defend it every week on WGN. I don't know what their format is going to be. I'll assume a combined House Show can be called Superstars. But supposedly all brands will be featured. They can have semi mid-carders, and mid carders on the show with Main-eventers giving promos. Unless they have midcarders fight jobbers every week. This is a good place for a TV title but the title has to have meaning right away for it to work. Just a thought.

I dont think WWE needs another title. I mean the ones they already have dont mean anything. The U.S title for instance that title hasnt meant anything for years the same with the I.C title. Everybody knows also that the tag team division really doesnt mean anything to the Mcmahons either so those titles are meaningless as well, and lets not even mention the ECW title for God sake that title went out when the original ECW died out. The only title that means anything is the WWE title. If the company want their titles to mean anything they have to concentrate on the titles they do have and put prestige back in those titles.

the cruiserweight title would be welcomed back, cruiserweights are really entertaining and this would keep rey mysterio entertainin instead of the boring david vs goliath storylines hes always in, i think it would work on ecw, maybe get rid of the world tag title put all good tag teams on smackdown and all good divas on raw after getting rid of the divas belt

At this point I think WWE has more than enough titles, a couple too many even. Sure each show gets it's own world title (using that loosely for ECW) and the two big ones get a midcard title, but I totally disagree with the two sets of tag titles and the two women's titles.
First off, there aren't enough tag teams to have two sets of titles, and there are even less good ones that actually deserve to hold them. The way I see it, Miz & Morrison hit all the shows almost weekly anyway and there are the world tag team champs, why not just have a match at Mania with like 4 teams..maybe an elimination style match to combine the two sets and determine one tag team as champions for the entire company. I think it would be good for the division as it would inspire more competition and we would get to see the better quality teams on all shows going against each other.
The women's and diva's titles imo are utterly ridiculous. I understand they have about 50 girls in the company now, but that doesn't mean that they can all hold the title. In truth, there are only a few that I think can hold a women's title well, and most of those are on Raw. And why Natalya is not the #1 diva on Smackdown is beyond me as she is clearly the best women's wrestler they have on the show. Again, I would combine the two titles and have the women able to go between the shows, which would make for some new matches that we haven't really seen yet and again better competition as there would only be one title. This, however, will not be happening anytime soon as the Diva's title is still almost brand new.

Now, IF and only IF the WWE did both of those things..combining the tag and women's titles, then I could see them adding one more title. I'd say the cruiserweight title would definitely be the best, otherwise those smaller guys really aren't going to hold any titles for the most part (other than Mysterio and Bourne eventually, and maybe Kendrick).

Oddly enough, I actually think the Intergender Championship idea is good. I can't say it'd work well with anything, as you'd have to begin pairing several divas with several wrestlers, and make those teams stick. Which would them leave open the possible storyline of this guy attacking that girl, to get even with her male partner.

As far as other Championships, the thing is they already have enough single's straps, and it'd defeat the purpose to add anymore Tag titles.

The only idea I would give is bringing back the old school 6-Man Tag Team Championships, but the thing there is.. they don't even have enough good teams to fill out regular tag teams. How the fuck would anyone expect them to suddenly now begin pairing three people togethr in mini-stables.

I'd bring in a Hardcore title for ECW. Don't just skip here, give me the benefit of the doubt.

ECW is the show for bringing youth through, I get it, but there's little reason to watch it now Matt is on Smackdown, do we really want to watch Finlay vs Swagger for months? Or worse still, the Boogeyman?

Introduce a title for ECW, that is defended every week, against a random Super star in an Extreme rules match. If you could stick that on someone entertaining, and grab mid carders from other shows to put on some good old fashioned violence, you'd at least get viewers for that match. Play it as a lottery so the ECW title doesn't lose it's "shine", and that way you could grab a main event guy for a ratings spike if you need one.

I think that intergender tag titles could be good cuz I think that it could be used to push mid-carders and other divas that would otherwise get somewhat overlooked..if not intergender tag titles, bring back the hardcore championship so we can get some better matches to have more ladder matches, hardcore matches, tables, tlc, etc.

Nah, no more titles, the titles we have currently barely have any contenders or good storylines surrounding them. I mean right now the US title's main contender is someone just recently coming off of a 20+ week loosing streak, the IC title doesn't really have any contenders, the tag team titles really don't have any contenders at all, I mean it'd be relly unessesary to add anymore.

However now that you mention the intergender tag championship, I don't think that'd be a bad idea. There are many under-used wrestlers that that could help, and divas that won't get a title push (like Jillian) could benefit from that as well. But after a little while I'd see Vince loosing interest and eventually the titles would be adandoned.

ECW could used a TV title, I mean, there are a lot of guys that won't get a ECW title run, and it could really boost the ECW mid-card. Boogeyman, Ricky Ortiz, DJ, Gabriel, and Paul Burchill could really get a boost from that.

This idea has been passed around before, but stop me if I have stole anyone's idea. Or maybe great minds think alike. First off, unify all the belts on each level. There are too many, and it makes it look watered down. They could do this in a tournament fashion or some kind of gimmick that would lead to wrestlemania or one of the big ppvs. Now we go a little old school. Back in the day, the World Champ would travel to different territories and have the local champ have a shot at him to see if he could compete. Let's have the champs on each level are allowed to work both shows (ecw will be canceled in my scenario). The top contenders on each show would have to earn his title shot through tourneys and gimmick matches. Same with the tag team and women's titles. The IC/US title would be harder to do in this because that is the mid-card title. Maybe have the IC and US titles be the title of each show. Making the IC and US champs always in the conversation of the number 1 contender. I don't know, they could do so many things to shift things up. I think there are too many titles. It kind of reminds me of boxing and we all see the clusterfuck that sport is, and its real. To many world champs make people care less. Can anyone name the heavyweight champs in boxing? I think there are like 6 different titles. Well I rest my point with this, less titles are better. It makes the ones that are available more valuable.

WWE already has enough titles, but I will give my input. I think if any titles should be added it should be the Cruiserweight, or Hardcore coming back. The Cruiserweight title would be great for jobbers who have talent, but are just to small to make it big, and I really hate that they got rid of it. The Hardcore title was just a fun title to have, and it was fun watching the matches. Although if this were to return it would have to be without the 24 hour defense shit, because that was plain ridiculous.

Now your idea I do particularly like. If they combine the two tag titles, like I think they will, and should, this would be a great replacement. This would have great feuds if you actually think about it. I think that it would work.

Those are my ideas for titles.

I don't know whether this would be a good idea or not, but don't think it would work in WWE or TNA. If a new promotion were to surface, I wouldn't mind seeing a boxing style championship set up, with a lightweight champ, a middleweight champ, and a heavyweight champ, could be interesting. Also you could have wrestlers trying to lower their weight or gain weight (which may be bad, could promote the use of 'the juice' - don't think it would change anything anyway) to go for whichever title they want to go for. Could be interesting.

A while ago I thought it would have been fun to bring back the European title. There are a few good European wrestlers in the WWE, so it would be an interesting story. I proposed that Santino could become the first new European champion, before losing it to someone like DH Smith (if they gave him a European gimmick). DH could then defend it against Burchill, Finley or Regal. He could even have a feud with Kozlov over it. From there it can start moving to North American and other wrestlers, becoming a second belt on ECW, or a belt that can shift brands.

OK firts here are some that have to go, ALL OF ECW, that show is like watching a training camp, there is one established star, Finley, the rest are all newbies oh and The world's strongest man. OK that gimmick needs to go he hasn't been that since the Olympic in Atlanta that he never WON ANYTHING. The divas belt has to go, the only reason michele had it was cuz of Taker, and now who has it Maryse, she don't know a leg drop from an arm bar. The US belt, shelton has been beaten so many times, but when did he defend it last? The Heavyweight has no class since Edge has never been able to honestly win it. Edge can't get over w/o the help of a woman. He has all the talent but can't get over. The tag title are given to guys that aren't ready for singles titles. Bring back the Cruierweight there are too many guys under 250 that work there ass off and just can't be a "Top" Champion.

Right now, there's no room for a new title. Now, let's say for arguments sake that the tag, mid card, womens, and world titles from both shows were combined into 4 total, then there would be room for some more.

As for what i'd do, the only one I'd want is the Crusierweight back. Right now there's nothing for these guys to do but be jobbers and it's a waste of talent. Get Rey and Bourne into it for awhile then hand it over to some of the other guys. It makes little sense to have someone like Funaki fighting Kozlov. It would however make sense for him to fight Noble. It could be exclusive to ECW to give that show some flare, which it doesn't really need but i can't see it hurting. Other than that, right now there's too many already, but if those were unified, why not?

I think they should either bring back the Cruiserweight title or Hardcore title for ECW cause all the stars(with the exception of Miz & Morrison) on that brand only compete for 1 title. If the Hardcore title is brought back then they should have more Extreme rules matches & don't bring back the 24/7 rule. Now if the Cruiserweight title was defended then you could have a cruiserweight like Jamie Noble or Evan Bourne as the champion & then go from there.

All these ideas are good, but they could replace already redundant titles instead of just stacking. For example, why do we need WORLD tag team titles and WWE tag team titles? I mean, it's all WWE and it's all the same concept; male tag teams. The inter-gender tag team championship could replace the "WWE" tag titles on SmackDown. Makes sense considering SmackDown was originally intended as an all women's wrestling show.

Meanwhile, to REALLY differentiate the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship, you could set a weight limit. For example, any competitor of any weight could compete for the WWE title, whereas only heavyweights can compete for the World Heavyweight Championship on RAW, meaning anyone over the 275 lb mark or something. Main event guys like Mysterio and Punk could still be in the title picture on SmackDown, whereas HHH and others would be in the title picture on RAW.

To differentiate the Women's title from the Diva's title, just make competitors who have been with the company less than 3 years eligible for the Diva's title. That way the women's title would be for veteran women, making it more prestigious and the Diva's title would be contended by the rookies.

Then to make the US title unique, only US-born superstars could compete for it, making it special, along with the IC title considering anyone could compete for that. Winning the US title would be like becoming president or something, because only real Americans can compete for it.

Well i dont think a intergenter tag team belt is a good idea i mean really the only wrestlers/divas i can see competeing for it is

carltio and one of the bella

primo with the other bella

katie lea and paul burchcill

santino marella and beth pheniox

layla and william regal
those are like the only five establish intergender tag team already but if they are going to be bring back a title bring a title that wont overshadow the other two mid card title and make sure its on ecw and only defend every other week or two

Why does everyone think weight limits is a good idea? That severely limits your storytelling capabilities. Would you really like to make it so Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, etc are never able to win a world title because the Cruiserweight championship is the top they can get?

WWE is about storytelling, not the athleticism, which allows us to have someone like Big Show win the WWE title and then John Cena can. A smaller guy like Chris Jericho is acceptable as the WWE/WHC title holder and he's not 300 lbs. Anybody who is worthy of the main event in terms of entertainment is able to win the world title, while anybody who is not ready for that spot can win the midcard titles (IC/US). That's simple and effective. If you suddenly make it so only heavyweights can win the world titles, then we'll constantly be seeing Mark Henry vs Khali and you'd never see Jeff Hardy vs Edge.

So since the WWE is about telling a story and not the athleticism, the belts have to reflect that. One world title + one midcard title + one tag team title + one women's championship per brand (within reason). ECW doesn't have enough to support their solitary title, so they're struggling. Raw/ECW/Smackdown would have enough for ONE tag team division, not 2 or 3, so it'd make sense to unify those. For all intents and purposes, the women could have one division and wrestle on all three shows. And since you don't have enough for a solid women's division or a solid tag team division, an intergender tag team championship wouldn't work. If you increased the size of the rosters 3x more than what they are, yeah, it'd definitely work, but with the low # of talent they have, it's impossible to sustain that.

The only other type of belt that they could have that would serve any type of purpose is to bring back the Hardcore title or a variation of it. That gives you a different set of circumstances for a basis of feuds around the title and if booked correctly, it would help put some stars over. Imagine the storyline of having someone like a monster who, instead of just beating jobbers for 5 months in squash matches and then losing to the stars, is actually booked as the unbeatable Hardcore champion - the guy's allowed to be as ruthless as he wants to be, and even though everyone is allowed to use weapons, so is he, and you don't want to mess with him. Then, when you want to have him lose the title, you've got a perfect method of allowing him to lose but still keep his credibility, because its no-DQ.

Hardcore title is the only one that would make sense to add, and with the ECW title existing right now, there's no room for it. If they were to get rid of the ECW brand and ship the roster members off to Raw and Smackdown, merge the tag team titles, and add the Hardcore title as an inter-brand championship, it would work very well in my opinion for the people that were currently being neglected in the main event or midcard title scenes. Other than that, I can't think of any type of titles that would benefit the product.

Ok, this is how i would do it:

Unify the tag titles. Hold a tourny. Winning team takes the gold and unifies the titles.
Unify the womens titles. Hold a tourny. Winner takes the gold and unifies the titles.

After that there would be room for another title, maybe 2. It looks like everyone on this thread is mainly saying either the hardcore or cruiserweight would be the best option, i agree.

You could have a hardcore championship (yes, without the 24hr defence shit) and have the winner HAVE to defend it each week. Have them move from brand to brand defending it. I think it would be interesting and instead of him defending it 24hrs a day, have him defend it once a week, that still keeps the excitement of the belt alive, and maybe with this title changing hands more often they could stop changing the WWE and WHC titles so much.

The cruiserweight would also be good to have but the only problem with this one is if WWE were to bring it back, they would not put it on ECW. Therefore if they put it on say Smackdown! or Raw then you can bet (knowing the WWE) they would add an equilavent title to the other brand, so we would end up with 2 cruiserweight belts and it would end up being a shitty title like the US....

I would really like a hardcore title again, just without the 24hr defence crap.

Maybe everybody should have their own title. Everyone is a winner. Khali is the India Champ, Finlay the Irish Champ, Hornswoggle the Dwarven Champion, Rey Rey the Masked Champion, Vince the Owner's Champ, Candice the Dot. Com Advertising Champ, Festus the Mentally Handicapped Champ (Eugene could return to feud), Hawkins/Ryder the Edge/Christian Knockoff Champs, Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy as the Hardys Knockoff Champs, HBK the Overacting Champ, etc etc etc. Then you can just trade belts (gimmicks).

Seriously. No more belts. ECW TV Title MAYBE. Maybe. Maybe not.

At this moment in time they dont really nned any new titles, mayb as some1 mentioned a hardcore title for ECW this would be a good idea and enable midcard ecw superstars to gain a push for the ECW title instead of having a fatal four with the same four people after a fued has ended.

But in saying this bringing back the cruiserweight title would be good as it would give purpose to people like Rey Mesterio, Bourne, Helms, TBK, etc And have it defended on all shows, would be good so that it doesnt take too much time on the one show.

WWE also needs to revamp the tag team division, the only way to do this is to Unify both titles, and allow the champions on all show which is what Miz znd Morrison basically do. This would allow for greater fueds and then we would have more teams and these teams would already be established

I don't think WWE need any new titles. I honestly think they need to build up the ones they already have.

First things first they really need to Unify the tag team titles which is what I think they'll end up doing since the Colon's are already in a fude with M&M.

Next Unify the Womens and Divas Championship. Let the lady's flow between all three shows it make for a much better womens division

Then after all these things are done they show revamp the image of there mid-card titles. The US and IC titles both use to mean something now they're just props

If they did add another title I would make it a Mid-card title something like a TV title for ECW. The cruiserweight championship was retired because most if not all fans didn't care about the division. Vince McMahon didn't want Cruiserweights doing alot of high flying spots so after that rule the division sort of did out especially when hornswoggle became champion. If they did it my way alot more people would be able to shine and fans wouldn't get bored with matches so easily

wwe should definitely get a new title in soon
theres a lot of talent going to waste that could be huge

maybe a return of the cruiserweight title or light heavyweight?
or possibly for the larger guys not in tha division maybe a the television title from the wcw days or the european title

As many in this thread have already stated, the only new titles that I would create would be ones that unify existing titles. I would do the following:

1) Unify the Tag Titles and Women's Titles: Tag team and women's wrestling could be shown on all three of WWE's weekly shows, with wrestlers in the tag team and women's divisions on an at-large roster. Currently, there aren't enough tag teams or female wrestlers (at least good female wrestlers) to justify tag team and women's divisions on both Raw and Smackdown!.

2) Unify the WHC and WWE titles: Have one world champion for all three brands. This will bring back the illustriousness that used to be associated with the United States and Intercontinental championships. In fact, I would change the names of these belts respectively to the Smackdown! championship belt and the RAW championship belt. This way, the ECW championship belt could truly be seen as equal in worth to the United States and Intercontinental championship belts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back