IC: The Staff's Ownage Bitch?

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I've always wondered one thing: why do people always gun for IrishCanadian25 when they want to establish themselves as posters here? I kind of feel bad for the guy; I mean, all of us on staff have been owned at one time or another, but IrishCanadian25 has been owned more than the rest of us combined.

Uh oh, TDigs. This is an interesting topic. Close it before everyone comes at you angry for "begging to be flamed".

I've always wondered one thing: why do people always gun for IrishCanadian25 when they want to establish themselves as posters here? I kind of feel bad for the guy; I mean, all of us on staff have been owned at one time or another, but IrishCanadian25 has been owned more than the rest of us combined.

I have? How d'ya figure?

I have? How d'ya figure?

I didn't create this thread out of disrespect; I was genuinely curious as to why people feel the need to debate you.

Anyway, you probably have a higher success rate at rebuffing ownage attempts than the rest of us (that is to say, if we've been owned twice each while you've been owned five times, people have nonetheless attempted to own you about five times as much as ourselves).

It's because he's like a cuddly teddy bear. He won't hurt you if you beat him up a little.

CHIIIINNAAAATOOOOWN :(

I took on FTS. As far as I'm concerned, IC can take on Sid as much as his heart desires.

Not that I'm saying IC is a shit poster or anything. You all understand what I'm trying to say, I'm sure.

My first month here, I didn't 'debate' IC, but showed him I wouldn't back down by posting Hansen > Vader on my little status thingy. Knowing how much IC hearts Vader. I also debated Sly for about an hour or so on why Lex Luger's a waste of space. Sly will say he won. I say I just 'let it go'. But as long as your intentions are good, you'll be fine. Just posting, "FUCK YOU, NORCAL. I"M CALLING YOU OUT. PUMP DEEZ NUTZ!" would be tacky. Just make a stand and don't back down.

I took on FTS. As far as I'm concerned, IC can take on Sid as much as his heart desires.

Not that I'm saying IC is a shit poster or anything. You all understand what I'm trying to say, I'm sure.

Where did that come from?

Surprisingly enough, both of us have learned that we have very similar views on the wrestling business.

Where did that come from?

Surprisingly enough, both of us have learned that we have very similar views on the wrestling business.

Meh. It was either you or Sly, and I went with you. I was probably channeling a thread or two that I don't quite remember at the moment.

I was forced to take on IC25 and I made him look good.

Otherwise, I'd say IC is what you call a "talent enhancement."

The thing is is that IC and Sly are the two people that look at the post and not the poster more than anybody else. They will both reply to anyone, something that the other established posters amongst us don't always do. Sly will never admit defeat, and he doesn't post as much anymore, which leaves IC25 as the guy that the new people go after. I don't think I've ever really seen him get owned though, whatever that means, except for the time that someone posted a video of a bearhug, and IC claimed that it was from ages ago, clearly without watching it, because, as the guy pointed out, it was Brock Lesnar.

I mean, all of us on staff have been owned at one time or another
I think the words you were looking for is "most of us on Staff".

Because, clearly, not all of us have been.

The thing is is that IC and Sly are the two people that look at the post and not the poster more than anybody else. They will both reply to anyone, something that the other established posters amongst us don't always do. Sly will never admit defeat, and he doesn't post as much anymore
I won't admit it, because it's never happened. And yes, I don't really post as much anymore, but it's more because I'm busy with work and Admin stuff. Once school is out for summer, I'll probably post more.

I beat IC25 in the finals of the Debate League. That was my moment in the sun.

'nuff said.

I think the words you were looking for is "most of us on Staff".

Because, clearly, not all of us have been.

I won't admit it, because it's never happened. And yes, I don't really post as much anymore, but it's more because I'm busy with work and Admin stuff. Once school is out for summer, I'll probably post more.

Horseshit, I've beatn you before. I'd say most of our debates have ended in draws, but I've damn sure beaten you in debates before, at least as far as public opinion is concerned.

Horseshit, I've beatn you before. I'd say most of our debates have ended in draws, but I've damn sure beaten you in debates before, at least as far as public opinion is concerned.

I've never really understood how debates between two logically sound posters are won or lost. If the argument is flawed, then fine, but taking our argument about Canek that put me on the map as an example, I'm not sure either of us could win that debate, fun though it was to try.

I've never really understood how debates between two logically sound posters are won or lost. If the argument is flawed, then fine, but taking our argument about Canek that put me on the map as an example, I'm not sure either of us could win that debate, fun though it was to try.

Depends on the debate. Some debates end with no clear winner and with just loads of info, in which case everyone wins. Like you and I over Canek and some of my Vader debates. Some of the debates have such clear lines of debate and dissension. Sly and I have had both.

I beat IC25 in the finals of the Debate League. That was my moment in the sun.

'nuff said.

Speaking of which D-Man, where's that "monetary gift" you said you would give me if I deemed you the winner ;).

I suppose. Sly believes his opinons to be fact though, or rather, believes opinons can be true or false, and I don't believe I've ever seen him make a factual error in the traditional sense, so therefore it is impossible to beat him, in his eyes. I'd argue you beat him when debating Luger and Vader, in that respect, but I'm sure he'd think that your opinion, and therefore your argument, was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back