• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I will probably stop watching WWE, because of Cena.

There's no chance in hell John Cena is better than Edge.

Opinions. We all have 'em, I suppose :suspic:

Yes and I explained why I done so. Also Cena would only make IC Champ back then with his rapper gimmick.

Agreed. And that's probably why he changed up, and it has worked quite well for him.

Maybe so but that's because most are kids, women or new fans that don't know what they're missing.He's shoved down their throats so they're forced to like him. There's loads of wrestlers in the WWE that would do a better job in his position.

What is with this new bullshit theory that Orton is popular with "the kids." He'
s NOT John Cena. He gets a positive reaction from the ENTIRE crowd. I often wonder where people come up with this idiotic theory. I understand Cena marks attempting to compare Orton and Cena, so they don't have to admit Orton is more popular (more popular, NOT a bigger deal). The whole "He's popular with kids and women" shit doesn't work with Orton. It just doesn't.

He personally might take it serious but he doesn't show it. Becoming loaded with energy after taking a beating and saying Miz eats poo poo isn't taking the business very seriously.

It's called having a character. The John Cena characters acts that way, so yes, he's taking it serious.

Jesus, am I really being forced to defend JOHN CENA. I never thought that would happen...

Opinions. We all have 'em, I suppose :suspic:

Agreed. And that's probably why he changed up, and it has worked quite well for him.

What is with this new bullshit theory that Orton is popular with "the kids." He'
s NOT John Cena. He gets a positive reaction from the ENTIRE crowd. I often wonder where people come up with this idiotic theory. I understand Cena marks attempting to compare Orton and Cena, so they don't have to admit Orton is more popular (more popular, NOT a bigger deal). The whole "He's popular with kids and women" shit doesn't work with Orton. It just doesn't.

It's called having a character. The John Cena characters acts that way, so yes, he's taking it serious.

Jesus, am I really being forced to defend JOHN CENA. I never thought that would happen...

Oh I take it you approve of "Baloney, fudge and mustard£ and "good gravy" or whatever the hell he says.

Saying Cena is better than Edge is a joke. Do explain how?

Cool story I don't care if you've been watching longer
But you do care if you've been watching wrestling longer than those who are younger than you? Do you know how hypocritical that makes you sound?

I can hate Cena if I want
No one said you couldn't.

and to be honest he deserves it.
Because...he works his ass off for you? Because he has filled more Make-A-Wish foundation requests than anyone ever outside of two Nascar drivers and Hulk Hogan? Because he works TV shows, house shows, films WWE movies, and goes on all the daytime talk shows? Because he takes green and under-performing talent and puts them over more than anyone in the business? Because he's willing to make anyone look good he's asked to make good? Because he's willing to take the bumps for the majority of the match, putting his own body through torment instead of his opponent? Because he's put on some of the best matches in the last 5 years?

What part of that exactly do you feel warrants your hatred?

Of course other wrestlers have done bad selling but cena takes it too far every match.
You're an idiot, and you obviously don't understand the concept of selling.

In what way is Cena the best worker?

See above.

Saying Cena is better than Edge is a joke. Do explain how?
How about because Cena could get himself over as a main-eventer, and Edge needed Cena's star power to get over as a main-eventer?

Seen as Slyfox closed a thread where I was saying what I thought on Cena and ruined a discussion I'musing this thread to respond.

I don't hate Cena the person. Yes he works his ass off, yes he does the make a wish foundation (which is a great thing), yes he's been in movies, but I just don't like him in WWE.

You said I don't understand selling. Are you actually saying that Cena is a good seller. Sure it's GREAT selling to respond to a DDT on the concrete floor by getting up bursting with energy and beating Barrett.

Oh and Edge is better than Cena. Any day.

Seen as Slyfox closed a thread where I was saying what I thought on Cena and ruined a discussion I'musing this thread to respond.
You're an idiot. Nobody closed this thread. Nick, I'm kind of ashamed of you right now for saying this child isn't a moron.

I don't hate Cena the person.
One down.

Yes he works his ass off
Two down.

Great, so now you agree he works his ass off. By extension of this, how many people do you know that works their ass of something they don't care about? Do you see how silly that makes you sound now?

I just don't like him in WWE.
That's fine, you don't have to like him. But most people care about him, and more people are willing to pay their money to watch him than anyone else since Rock and Austin left.

You said I don't understand selling.
I did.

Are you actually saying that Cena is a good seller. Sure it's GREAT selling to respond to a DDT on the concrete floor by getting up bursting with energy and beating Barrett.
I am saying he's a good seller. Wrestling is about telling a story, about entertaining fans. When Cena makes his comeback, and has a load of energy, that comeback only works because his selling has convinced his fans he was close to getting beaten. When he makes his comeback, he gets a great pop, because fans are excited to see he still has a chance in the match.

By that same token, if fans didn't buy his selling of the opponents offense, then they wouldn't care if he made a comeback. How often do you see matches where the jobber face gets beatdown, makes a comeback, and the crowd just sits and watches without giving a damn? Quite a bit...just not in Cena matches.

Oh and Edge is better than Cena. Any day.
And yet, there is absolutely ZERO evidence you can point to which supports your position. Cena is the reason Edge even got to be a main-eventer, Cena' had FAR more top level matches since 2005 than Edge, and let's not forget, Cena is still an active wrestler. Cena is a bigger draw, and more people care about him.

On what level can you possible say Edge is better? Because he takes big bumps? Is that what makes Edge better?

You're not very smart. Do yourself a favor and listen to Slyfox, I know a lot more about wrestling than you do.

You're an idiot. Nobody closed this thread. Nick, I'm kind of ashamed of you right now for saying this child isn't a moron.

One down.

Two down.

Great, so now you agree he works his ass off. By extension of this, how many people do you know that works their ass of something they don't care about? Do you see how silly that makes you sound now?

That's fine, you don't have to like him. But most people care about him, and more people are willing to pay their money to watch him than anyone else since Rock and Austin left.

I did.

I am saying he's a good seller. Wrestling is about telling a story, about entertaining fans. When Cena makes his comeback, and has a load of energy, that comeback only works because his selling has convinced his fans he was close to getting beaten. When he makes his comeback, he gets a great pop, because fans are excited to see he still has a chance in the match.

By that same token, if fans didn't buy his selling of the opponents offense, then they wouldn't care if he made a comeback. How often do you see matches where the jobber face gets beatdown, makes a comeback, and the crowd just sits and watches without giving a damn? Quite a bit...just not in Cena matches.

And yet, there is absolutely ZERO evidence you can point to which supports your position. Cena is the reason Edge even got to be a main-eventer, Cena' had FAR more top level matches since 2005 than Edge, and let's not forget, Cena is still an active wrestler. Cena is a bigger draw, and more people care about him.

On what level can you possible say Edge is better? Because he takes big bumps? Is that what makes Edge better?

You're not very smart. Do yourself a favor and listen to Slyfox, I know a lot more about wrestling than you do.

Cena is a shit seller. I said Cena takes it serious just he doesn't show it. Edge is better in every way.

Well done you probably do cause you're pretty sad. oh and strong 3rd person.

oh and if you didn't close it then why did it come up with invalid thread closed by administrator for a few minutes?

Cena is a shit seller.
Must be nice to not worry about looking stupid. You keep saying stupid things without every trying to back it up.

I said Cena takes it serious just he doesn't show it.
That doesn't even make sense. What you REALLY mean to say is that you just don't understand anything about pro wrestling.

Edge is better in every way.
No matter how many times you say it doesn't mean it will ever come true.

Well done you probably do cause you're pretty sad.
Actually, it's because I'm not an idiot. That's the difference between you and me. I'm not an idiot. Oh, and I'm not the one posting as a "prisoner" on an Internet wrestling forum.

oh and if you didn't close it then why did it come up with invalid thread closed by administrator for a few minutes?

Because the forum had a glitch. I can show you the log which proves no one has closed this thread. I'm not going to because you're not worth my time, but maybe if you sweet talk another member of Staff, they'll do it for you.

Must be nice to not worry about looking stupid. You keep saying stupid things without every trying to back it up.

That doesn't even make sense. What you REALLY mean to say is that you just don't understand anything about pro wrestling.

No matter how many times you say it doesn't mean it will ever come true.

Actually, it's because I'm not an idiot. That's the difference between you and me. I'm not an idiot. Oh, and I'm not the one posting as a "prisoner" on an Internet wrestling forum.

Because the forum had a glitch. I can show you the log which proves no one has closed this thread. I'm not going to because you're not worth my time, but maybe if you sweet talk another member of Staff, they'll do it for you.

You're clueless.

I'm not sad enough to have a "prison" on an internet forum and put someone in it for spamming a spam section.

You're clueless.
The rambling of a child who can't defend even one of the points you're trying to make.

I'm not sad enough to have a "prison" on an internet forum and put someone in it for spamming a spam section.
On one hand we have someone who tries to get people to follow the rules. On the other hand, we have someone who can't follow the rules, and despite being made to look like a total tool, still wants to post despite looking like an idiot.

And since you probably didn't follow all that, you're the idiot.

The rambling of a child who can't defend even one of the points you're trying to make.

On one hand we have someone who tries to get people to follow the rules. On the other hand, we have someone who can't follow the rules, and despite being made to look like a total tool, still wants to post despite looking like an idiot.

And since you probably didn't follow all that, you're the idiot.

a child? I'm 19 and you're 26. It's pretty pathetic you say that.

I've backed up all my claims. you're opinion is now worthless to me because I now know that you're clueless.

Oh boy, this was a fun read.

As someone already stated, everyone has their opinions. Wrestling is not like baseball, MMA, basketball, etc. where we have stats to back up "who is the best". I think we can all agree judging a wrestler by his wins and losses is not the way to go. Wrestling is like an art form. There is not set way to judge what is good and bad. The best way to do so is look at how much money they have made. In business, sucess is measured by profit. We can all agree Cena has made a lot of that.

The basis for the Cena hate is getting to a ridiclous level. The 5 moves argument hasn't been true since 2006. Sure he has a few set moves which we see every match. But what wrestler doesn't? How often does Cena wrestle a PPV match and people are left saying "Wow, that sucked." Not very many. Maybe WM 27, but that wasn't his fault. They weren't given enough ring time. I wouldn't say he's the best in ring worker we've ever seen, but I certainly enjoy the majority of his matches.

While I understand why someone might not enjoy his promos, you can't deny his charisma. I personally believe he is fantastic on the mic. He can be humerous, but contrary to what some people are saying in this thread, he can cut a very good serious promo. We saw a bunch of those with this latest Nexus feud.

The thing I find funny is how so many Cena haters adore The Rock, but I can't honestly think of two similar wrestlers. They're both around the same size, both are good in the ring but not fantastic (how can someone love the People's Elbow but hate on the 5 Knuckle Shuffle?), both can tell an excellent story during a match (Rock Vs. Austin, Rock Vs. HHH/ Cena Vs. Orton, Cena Vs. Edge), both have a ton of charisma and rely largely on comedy to get their promos over. While yes The Rock is funnier, I enjoy Cena's more serious promos over Rocky's. Hell, they both were faces who a large portion of the crowd hated. Cena's problem was he was already established as the top guy so they couldn't turn him.

To say Cena is a better heel (he would be an excellent heel but I don't know if he would top his drawing power as a face) and that he wouldn't have been a star in the attitude are just things I don't understand. He does everything right as a face. The problem is there are a few hundred fans at each show that want to make the show about themselves. Had Cena been wrestling 98-01, he may have been behind Rock, Austin, and HHH. Most likely behind Foley as well. But there's no reason to believe Angle, Kane, Jericho, Benoit, Big Show and Rikishi would be ahead of him. Even guys like Test, Billy Gunn, and The Big Bossman had semi main event pushes. Would he have been the top guy? No. But Cena would have certainly been right in the thick of the title race, judging by how other guys were being pushed.

If you don't like Cena, then that's fine. I just would like to see more educated hate for him. Simply saying "He sucks, Edge is way better in every way" isn't really saying much.

a child? I'm 19 and you're 26. It's pretty pathetic you say that.
Child has nothing to do with age, but rather maturity. You're a child.

I've backed up all my claims.
...no, no you haven't. You haven't backed up a single claim. Backing up a claim means giving evidence for your position.

you're opinion is now worthless to me because I now know that you're clueless.
Means a lot coming from a prisoner....

Child has nothing to do with age, but rather maturity. You're a child.

...no, no you haven't. You haven't backed up a single claim. Backing up a claim means giving evidence for your position.

Means a lot coming from a prisoner....

now that I've had a chance to think about it and read what Jerichoholic4Life said I agree I was acting like a child. And perhaps youre right about Cena being better than Edge. I'll have to watch closer now on.

*Facepalm*

The people in The Prison are the people who've broken the rules, Myself & Jenks alike. Then there's you. I certainly didn't go off on one on the Main Boards, I broke the rules and like you, I deserve to be here.

Here's to the multitude (if you know what that means) of Red Rep you get from everyone when they realise how much you fail. Although I'll give you one thing, you put a HELL of a lot of effort into looking stupid. Well done ;)

*Facepalm*

The people in The Prison are the people who've broken the rules, Myself & Jenks alike. Then there's you. I certainly didn't go off on one on the Main Boards, I broke the rules and like you, I deserve to be here.

Here's to the multitude (if you know what that means) of Red Rep you get from everyone when they realise how much you fail. Although I'll give you one thing, you put a HELL of a lot of effort into looking stupid. Well done ;)

Seems like you're really starting to get it. That's good.

I was really starting to get it a while back.

Whether you noticed or not Sly, I done my best to change my ways while in Prison.

Thanks for the "That's good"

now that I've had a chance to think about it and read what Jerichoholic4Life said I agree I was acting like a child. And perhaps youre right about Cena being better than Edge. I'll have to watch closer now on.

You're seeing sense? I need to see you keep this up. I may have to be nice to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back