• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I will probably stop watching WWE, because of Cena.

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Yeah, I been thinking that after Wrestlemania, I might stop tuning into WWE.
I hadn't been thinking about it till recently, but now I'm pretty sure that if WWE doesn't change in some big way after Mania, I have no interest in watching it.

If you listen to the reports and follow the current storylines, you can get a good picture of what is to come in WWE.

For one thing, WWE will not be going back to a more mature show anytime soon. Now when I say that, I don't want people to get the idea I'm some big "Attitude Era" fan. When I first joined this site I got sick of the term the "Attitude Era" quick. To me it was just late 90s, early 2000's wrestling. I wasn't even a fan of it especially, I liked all of wrestling from Hogan/Warrior/Andre era till the Alliance Invasion/nWo return about the same.

I always liked the baby faces like Bret Hart and Sting and didn't even appreciate Austin until recently, but I was a fan of The Rock. Anyway, the point is, historically I should be a fan of a guy like Cena and a more kid friendly wrestling show, but I'm not.

I think because of who they are, WWE can easily swallow/hide their mistakes. They are like the New York Yankees. The yankees can give a guy 50 million dollars and if he bombs, they can make him disappear. Right now there is a guy named Kei Igawa who the yanks paid 50 million for somewhere in the minor leagues for the past few years. They made a mistake, but it seemingly hasn't affected them in anyway. Where as you have a team like the mets who are really handicapped by the deals they made with players such as Luis Castillo(6 mil a year) and Oliver Perez(12 mil a year). They can't just release the players, no one will trade for them and so the mets are forced to keep them on the roster and try to figure out a way to utilize them. Both have been a hindrance to the mets in recent years and are one the team again this year.

Point is, it doesn't seem to matter what WWE does, they always will maintain a decent audience. Their top face is booed by half the crowd at every show, if this were any other company, he would not be the top face for very long. But WWE makes up for this in other ways.

Anyway, let me get to my real issue. What Cena has said about The Rock recently and in the past has bothered me. It bothers me because people buy it. I can not stand when a face says all the wrong things and is cheered for it. It's almost like Cena could come out and say something about Jerry Lawler's mother and people would justify that Cena was right.

John Cena likes to say that if The Rock loved wrestling, he wouldn't of left for movies. Well John, why do you make movies? I'm guessing it's because of the money. The money is also the reason why John Cena is on RAW each and every week, he would not be doing this for free. He's an attention seeker as well so I'm sure that's another reason. John Cena doesn't wrestle for the love of the business and the love of the fans. He didn't grow up wanting to be a professional wrestler, or at least it wasn't his first pick. He wanted to be a football player, but he said he was too small. Sure he does the make a wish stuff and charity work, but so do all the wrestlers. When John does all the publicity work, it's what cements his place in the company and now guys like The Miz are following his lead.

What I'd like to know is, would Cena be around "forever" as he says, if he was jobbing each and every week and cut back to midcard. I remember The Rock would lose and lose clean like every other week. Triple H, Austin, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Benoit, Jericho, Angle, Lesnar, Goldberg ... I think The Rock might of lost more matches then he actually won.

Every week is the same thing for Cena. The odds are stacked against him and he always comes out on top. If he loses, it's never clean except maybe too a Triple H/Orton. And he's always fucking on! Would Cena be in wrestling forever if his career were more turbulent. If he wasn't always the good guy and had to portray the bad guy once in a while and didn't come out on top in every way possible? Cena is too comfortable.

Also how can you call out a guy for leaving the business when he's on top. No one who ever leaves wrestling should ever be questioned. With all the deaths, steroid and drug abuse, and injuries that occur - I really found Cena's reasoning to be stupid. Test, Benoit and Eddie have died since The Rock has been gone. Hell, The Rock is cousins with Umaga and Yokozuna. To make a statement that The Rock doesn't love the business or the fans because he left is just beyond stupid in my opinion. The Rock had a great career and left on top of his game. Where would he be if he had stayed? Limping around like Taker/HBK, constantly needing surgery like a Hogan? You never know if Rock could have ended up like a Test, Eddie, British Bulldog, and his cousin Umaga and dying from some bad mix of chemicals.

The Rock is an entertainer and has continued to entertain, just in a safer environment.

Point is, I'm tired of Cena and tired of his garbage. He should walk a mile in The Rock's shoes before he passes judgement like that.

By the way, this isn't even about Cena or The Rock. It's a dislike for the way Cena comes across as well as him being the key figure in WWE now and for years to come.

Cena will remain in the main event scene and he will most likely not turn heel anytime soon. If Cena were to turn heel at Mania, I would probably continue to watch WWE, if not, there really is no use.

Cena and Orton are the top faces. If Orton went back to heel, I couldn't care less. Same boring character anyway you cut it.
No matter what happens in WWE, these guys are always pencilied in at the top of the card and will receive the most air time/story importance.

The only thing that WWE has going for them right now is Sin Cara, but he will probably be on Smackdown and he does not speak english so .... though I'm still interested to see how he debuts and against who.

Other then that, I can't realy find a reason to watch WWE, or more specific Raw(I don't usually tune into Smackdown.) Their writing is not good, in my opinion. I think they have a lot of flaws that aren't being addressed because they are who they are. Their is no depth to their storylines. Sheamus vs Bryan, because Bryan looked at him the wrong way. Cena vs Miz because Miz eliminated Cena from the rumble. Orton vs Punk because Orton kicked Punk in the head in 2008 (probably the best story of the bunch.)

I think WWE needs a big re-haul and needs to start treating all wrestlers as equals. If they don't believe in their guys, why should we? If you wrote them some good storylines and booked them right, their would be no problem. 20 years ago, Wrestlemania had about 10 matches that people would consider mainevents(and that's when the belt never changed hands nearly as much.) They spend way to much time focusing on Cena/Orton and whoever they are feuding with that month who will eventually be discarded.

This is just me ranting. Do any of you share the same thoughts or totally disagree?

So if Cena is all about the money, why hasn't he left wrestling to pursue a career that makes a lot more money?

It shouldn't matter how you got into the business and if your intentions weren't to be a professional wrestler. Obviously, it does to you.

He called The Rock a liar and a fake. I'm not talking about Raw, I'm talking about what Cena said about The Rock years ago.

John Cena on The Rock before the 2008 Hall of Fame

"He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being.

"What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life."Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life.

"So explain to me why he can't come back for our 15th anniversary show or why he can't make an appearance at WrestleMania. I wish he'd just show up, say hi and leave. Do the eyebrow once and get out of town. (Which he did at the HOF that year, one and done, now he's back again - Cena wants Rock no where near WWE)
"Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that, because he's truly found another passion. He's good at acting. His films make money." -The Sun 2008

"Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it.

"Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this.

"That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off.

"Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

Dude, I hate to say it myself, but over the past month or so, I've started to realise how much I actually enjoy Cena. I mean, the "5 Move" thing is an issue, but recently, he's done a Dropkick and a Crossbody. That wowed me. Cena is entertaining actually, as much as it shocks me. I don't tune into Raw to watch him, but he's good at what he does. I found myself cheering for him last Monday. More because he was teaming with The Miz, but still, I cheered for Cena! I didn't know what was wrong with me there. But Jenks, don't stop watching WWE because of John Cena. Watch away, fast forward his parts if you have to, but don't give up watching just because of him. That is stupid.

You know, the five moves doesn't even bother me. He just does not appeal to me and he basically IS RAW. I will probably tune into Smackdown, which I'm figuring Sin Cara will be on.

I want to see something new. Like I said, I will continue to watch if Cena turns heel.

Who is Cena to question The Rock's love for the business?

Arguably WWE's most loyal and dedicated employee in history. The guy can get booed out of a fucking building week after week and will still come back and put on a show for the fans. You might sit at home and dismiss him because he isn't the guys from 15-20 years ago, but while your doing that, he is busy traveling to the next town to give his all to another arena full of people.

As for The Rock, he left for something else. Sure The Rock is entertaining, but he decided he would prefer to take his talents elsewhere and make more money. Does he really think he can just show up after seven years, insult a few guys, and then leave again without someone saying something? I applaud Cena for having the balls to call him out. Cena is working his ass for for the buisness in spite of people shitting on him. Cena has been a crucial part of WWE's survival in the past seven years, and he has every right in the world to question The Rock's loyalty. Cena said it best last week; The Rock says he loves the fans, but Cena is out there every night showing his love for the fans.

Actions speak louder than words ever will.

He called The Rock a liar and a fake. I'm not talking about Raw, I'm talking about what Cena said about The Rock years ago.

John Cena on The Rock before the 2008 Hall of Fame

he didn't call rock a liar or a fake all he said was the rock should give something back to the fans who made him

you got to remmember just last year He didn't want to be know as the rock no more it was DWAYNE

Who is Cena to question The Rock's love for the business?

You've gotta look at it from a non-kayfabe vantage point. Back for the last couple of years there have been guest hosts on Raw including Stone Cold, Trish Stratus, Bret Hart. Now the man has a career and prior commitments but if you ask yourself the question "couldn't he just come back for one night, surely?" it doesn't sound too unreasonable.

The point he was making is that if your going to say you love wrestling don't then avoid it like the plague because it might give you a bad rep in your acting career. If you really love it you can ignore what the critics say and just make the effort to make one single appearance. I don't think it was unfair for Cena to question Rocky, after all we did have to wait 7 years for this to come about. The important thing is I doubt anybody is questioning the man now.

Honestly though Jenks don't quit watching, it's not big enough to stop you watching, don't forget all the other superstars you like to watch!

Arguably WWE's most loyal and dedicated employee in history. The guy can get booed out of a fucking building week after week and will still come back and put on a show for the fans. You might sit at home and dismiss him because he isn't the guys from 15-20 years ago, but while your doing that, he is busy traveling to the next town to give his all to another arena full of people.

As for The Rock, he left for something else. Sure The Rock is entertaining, but he decided he would prefer to take his talents elsewhere and make more money. Does he really think he can just show up after seven years, insult a few guys, and then leave again without someone saying something? I applaud Cena for having the balls to call him out. Cena is working his ass for for the buisness in spite of people shitting on him. Cena has been a crucial part of WWE's survival in the past seven years, and he has every right in the world to question The Rock's loyalty. Cena said it best last week; The Rock says he loves the fans, but Cena is out there every night showing his love for the fans.

Actions speak louder than words ever will.

I will reference again what Cena said back in 2008 that started all of this.

"He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being.

"What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life.

"Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life.

"So explain to me why he can't come back for our 15th anniversary show or why he can't make an appearance at WrestleMania. I wish he'd just show up, say hi and leave. Do the eyebrow once and get out of town.

"Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that, because he's truly found another passion. He's good at acting. His films make money."

"Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it.

"Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this.

"That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off.

"Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back." - The Sun(UK) Feb 2008

It sounds like Cena's pissed off because he can't not just run off and become an actor like The Rock has. Cena is stuck, taking his steriods, having to take bumps night in night out. The Rock has already done the grunt work, he got out before he suffered any major injury and saved his body from lingering injuries as most other professional wrestlers have.

And it's easy for Cena to talk then, in the middle of his career, trying to get over with the fans 'Oh look at The Rock, he left, he doesn't love wrestling - I do!' I can't understand why people don't see what a bitch move that was. Remember, he made these comments in 2008. He said why can't The Rock come back for a one night deal, well didn't The Rock show up at the HOF that year, he was only four years removed from WWE at the time. Now The Rock is showing up at Mania.

It's hard to discuss this because you don't know what's real and kayfabe.
It seems like Cena is a puppet for the WWE and only says what they tell him too, so may be these are Vince's feelings and not necessarily Cena's. Why say "The Rock can't come back, do the eyebrow, and get out of town" when Cena knows Rock's appearing at the HOF ceremony that year?

Perhaps The Rock wanted to stay away from wrestling because he was tired of Vince controlling him. Vince is not an easy man to work for and he asks for a lot, probably too much, from all his wrestlers.

Also, I don't just disregards Cena's work as a wrestler (oh wait, he's a sports entertainer they don't wanna be called wrestlers anymore.) Cena does all the radio interviews along with wrestling, so he's seen as the hardest worker.
But why is he the only guy given for working hard? No one else comes near working as hard as Cena, I find that hard to believe.

It's because it's probably not true. It's the same Cena being shoved down your throat bullshit. Cena has granted the most make a wishes, Cena is the hardest worker(no one gives it their all like Cena in the ring :lmao:)

This is why I'd like to see Cena faced with a little adversity. Let's see how he reacts when he loses his spot on the card, when he is eventually turned heel, when some new star comes in and out shines him. You do realize Cena is one of the guys who bitches about guys like Mr Kennedy and delays WWE from picking up guys like Mistico(Sin Cara.)

It's easy for himself and someone like Orton to talk now, they are in the "good ol' boys" club. Orton/Cena don't even have to worry about their matches anymore, same garbage night after night. It won't be like this forever though. It will be interesting to see how Cena ages in WWE from here on out. Will we see Cena and his denim shorts when he's 40?

You're taking this way too seriously. It is a scripted show after all. It's like the Cole/Lawler's Mom thing; they'd never have gone there without his ok. Hell, it was probably his idea.

You've gotta look at it from a non-kayfabe vantage point. Back for the last couple of years there have been guest hosts on Raw including Stone Cold, Trish Stratus, Bret Hart. Now the man has a career and prior commitments but if you ask yourself the question "couldn't he just come back for one night, surely?" it doesn't sound too unreasonable.

The point he was making is that if your going to say you love wrestling don't then avoid it like the plague because it might give you a bad rep in your acting career. If you really love it you can ignore what the critics say and just make the effort to make one single appearance. I don't think it was unfair for Cena to question Rocky, after all we did have to wait 7 years for this to come about. The important thing is I doubt anybody is questioning the man now.

Honestly though Jenks don't quit watching, it's not big enough to stop you watching, don't forget all the other superstars you like to watch!

Lol, it's not this reason I'd stop watching. It's jut another reason for why I'm tried of Cena and what he says while portraying a face. If he became a heel I'd still watch, Cena is more suited to be a heel, it's just his nature. Same goes for Orton.

I'm going to stop watching because

- PG is here to stay. The Rock, Austin, and Cena would not have gotten over as they did if the WWE had been PG then. I think the PG era is really handicapping the young and upcoming stars. When all the veterans left for WCW in the late 90s, WWF took a shot with young guys like Rock, Austin, New Age Outlaws, Triple H and those guys were able to flourish because they could say and do whatever they wanted.

- I'm indifferent towards Orton/Cena and they are the two most important characters to the WWE. They will always receive first dibs on the best storylines, which leaves me only rooting for whoever they're up against, who they're going to bury anyway.

- The storylines aren't that good(this also has something to do with PG) And the young new guys are never given anything to work with - the Zack Rhyder's, Tyler Reks, DH Smith, Ted Dibiase, even guys in Corre like Gabriel who should have a bright future just come across looking like pawns.

- Everything is too predictable and WWE has gotten way too complacent and doesn't take chances. They are a slave to their sponsors/partners, just look at the whole Daniel Bryan incident.

I mean those are the reasons why I'd probably stop watching. It's not like I mean to be knocking WWE, it's just how things are. Chris Benoit really screwed things up for WWE.

All I see when I watch WWE is a rotation of guys having matches.

And right now, the WWE doesn't really have any more aces up it's sleeve. We've seen the return of The Rock, Bret Hart, Austin and we've probably seen the last important returns of Triple H and Taker.

What they have left is WWE returning to PG14, which doesn't seem likely. And Cena turning heel, which doesn't seem likely either with all the current heels, but if it were to happen, it would probably be at Mania.

DirtyJosé;2896049 said:
You're taking this way too seriously. It is a scripted show after all. It's like the Cole/Lawler's Mom thing; they'd never have gone there without his ok. Hell, it was probably his idea.

You know, I was actually thinking the thing about his mom being brought up might actually be his idea too.

Yeah, Lawler is old school wrestling where the mentality is "if your going to die do it in the ring, because it's good for business."

I'm sure he had no problem with it. Btw, this is the same company where Randy Orton told Rey that Eddie was "down there, in hell!"

That doesn't bug me either. It is a storyline. Lines get blurred when WWE tries to act like a legit sports company. They are a damn entertainment company that is wrestling based. Storylines and angles, should be able to go as far as they want to take them. It is scripted and written for entertainment, so there should be no lines to cross.

Pretty much. It's entertainment. Some of these things are picked from real life, but by the time it hits our screens it's been mapped out and sanitized.

No one else is gonna change your mind about watching or not, but I'm just saying you need to take a break from this. There is such a thing as over-analyzing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back