• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I love Clerks II

Prax, Kevin Smith writes a LOT of dialogue and it's intended for a certain portion of the audience, not everyone. You're obviously not apart of the demographic Smith aims towards... doesn't make his movies shit, though.

However, Smith is currently making two movies that are supposed to appeal to everyone: Red State and Hit Somebody. These films will make or break Smith as a legitimate Writer/Director. If they don't do well, then Smith will be thought of as someone who can only appeal to a niche audience, and that will never change. Personally, I think Red State will be a gigantic piece of shit only made to bash Republicans and Christians, while Hit Somebody has potential to be the best sports movie in a very long time. But I'm rooting for Smith. Not only do I enjoy his View Askewniverse work, but his Q&As and Podcast have really made me like him as a person.

Prax, Kevin Smith writes a LOT of dialogue and it's intended for a certain portion of the audience, not everyone. You're obviously not apart of the demographic Smith aims towards... doesn't make his movies shit, though.

However, Smith is currently making two movies that are supposed to appeal to everyone: Red State and Hit Somebody. These films will make or break Smith as a legitimate Writer/Director. If they don't do well, then Smith will be thought of as someone who can only appeal to a niche audience, and that will never change. Personally, I think Red State will be a gigantic piece of shit only made to bash Republicans and Christians, while Hit Somebody has potential to be the best sports movie in a very long time. But I'm rooting for Smith. Not only do I enjoy his View Askewniverse work, but his Q&As and Podcast have really made me like him as a person.

Perfectly said, I'd rep you but I have to spread it around first

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back