• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I know I'm like two years behind everyone....

Via Armbar

Has a pretty good dick.
but seriously, how much fucking better does Dexter plan on getting? I finished season 4 last night and I'm a couple episodes into season 5. It's so damn rare when a show doesn't just get better by the season but by the damn episode. The really don't care who they kill off it seems and it all started with
my homeboy Doakes.

I should be completely caught up within a week or so and I'll feel relevant again. After that though, I'm out of shows. I've narrowed it down to a few that I've heard good shit about:

Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Sons of Anarchy
Mad Men (Christina Hendricks should be reason enough to watch)

So what say you all? Which should I start after Dexter?

Not only does it stop getting better, it fucking plummets.

Although I haven't seen any of the new season so I don't now if it started improving again.

nooooooo.gif

Personally, I didn't like the finale to Season 5 of Dex, but overall it's still a very good season. Season 6 has been very good thus far too, in my opinion.

Breaking Bad is what you should watch next, though. As good as Dexter is, Breaking Bad is still 10 times better. Incredible, mind-blowing show.

I'm watching The Wire currently, and I have to back GD's recommendation. It's billed by a LOT as the greatest show in history, and so far it's lived up to the hype. I was expecting the show to turn out really overrated, but it truly is as great as it's hyped.

Friday Night Lights is a show worth checking out, too. As Time said, The Wire shows everything that's wrong with America, while Friday Night Lights gives tribute to what is right with it.

And Mad Men is awesome, but not for everybody. So, I would put that off until you watch the sure things like what I listed above.

Thanks for the suggestions man, Breaking Bad was on the top of my list anyway. The season 5 premier of Dexter kind of slowed down the momentum the show had after the season 4 finale. It doesn't seem right for some reason.

I already know that there's a slim to none chance that anything will ever replace LOST for me, but I know a lot of LOST fans who also love The Wire. I'll give both a shot.

Damn right The Wire's the greatest of all time, JMT. Welcome to the winning team.

As for Dexter, that peaked at the second season in my book and straight annoyed me by season five. I'm tolerating it this year though and just accepting the show it is.

I've seen all of them except SOA. So there. They're all good. Better than Dexter, in fact.

I personally loved Season 5 of Dexter. Great drama, and very well assembled characters. The day Season 6 is on Netflix, I may throw a party.

Breaking Bad & Sons Of Anarchy are both great shows, though Breaking Bad may be the best show on television right now

Don't listen to SNS, Dexter does not plummet. Alot of people HATED Season 5. Fuck those people. Season 5 isn't the best season, not close, but it's got it's merits and it's occasionally brilliant.

Season 6 so far however is fucking brilliant, and honestly, the way it's going right now, I'm thinking this might wind up being my favorite season of Dexter yet. I'm fucking amped every week to watch the new episodes. Seriously, get caught up Armbar so we can talk about this shit on Facebooker ******!

Afterwards, I'd highly recommend starting Breaking Bad since you haven't yet and that's one of the best shows still on TV today. The other shows aren't going anywhere, you can get around to them later, you should def check into Breaking Bad while it's still on air. Afterwards I'd recommend The Wire and Oz if you've never seen them.

Don't listen to SNS, Dexter does not plummet. Alot of people HATED Season 5. Fuck those people. Season 5 isn't the best season, not close, but it's got it's merits and it's occasionally brilliant.

If season 4 is considered by many to be the best season(including me), and season five isn't even close to being the best, wouldn't that mean the quality of the show plummeted?

If season 4 is considered by many to be the best season(including me), and season five isn't even close to being the best, wouldn't that mean the quality of the show plummeted?

"Plummeted" just brings up negative connotations as if the show went from "awesome" to "godawful atrocious shit", which I don't think Season 5 was at all.

I definitely disagree with Coco that season two was the best, I think they've gotten progressively better. With that being said, I'm almost halfway done with season 5 and it is most definitely a step down from 4. Still good, still intriguing...just not as fast paced and well constructed as previous seasons. I try to give shows that are amazing 90% of the time the benefit of the doubt. Even LOST had a rough spot or two in season 3.

My mom just had surgery so I'm taking care of her, hence all the free time. My social life is at a damn crawl but I'll live. I'm going to catch up with Dexter and then immediately start on Breaking Bad as it seems to be the top pick 'round here. I actually have a couple season of both Oz and Six Feet Under that I've never even opened. I only bought them because the Blockbuster across the street was going out of business and the season were on sale for $6 each. Couldn't pass it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back