I just found my first post on here.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
January 15, 2009

Doc Matthews said:
I'm greatly anticipating his return. Shame they're moving him to RAW, because I don't get to watch RAW. I love Evan Bourne. I mean, he had people chanting his name is his TV debut! That's awesome right there.

Him and Kofi would make a brilliant team. They teamed up once, why not have them as a real team?

Is it strange that I find his performance on the mic to be oddly endearing?

This is quite interesting.

After seeing a load of threads with posts like this:
Doc Matthews said:
She's the "interim" GM.
Course, last time that happened, we got Vickie Guerrero.

Anyone else see Tommy Dreamer becoming GM after he retires?

If it were up to me I'd pick Ted DiBiase Sr. but whatever.

I found one like this:
Doc Matthews said:
Wow. You're making yourself look more and more mature, JohnCenaSucks316. I don't hate Miz. A load of people don't hate Miz. In fact, Miz-haters have become the minority. And placing random gay "jokes" in your post is both insulting to gay people and ridiculously juvenile.

Now, actually on-topic, I'm looking forward to this match. Sure, we've seen it quite a few times before, but I'm not bothered. First, it's for the undisputed Tag Championships. Second, it's on Wrestlemania. Third, the matches with these four recently have been nothing short of stellar. Did you see The Miz v. Primo on last week's ECW? That match was incredible! If we take in the first two points, we can assume that the four performers will be giving it their all to put on a good show, and if they step up their already great performance, it will be...maybe not a show-stealer, but it'll be a damn good match.

Wow, am I inconsistent.

The fact that The Miz was on Reality TV will forever taint his name. I admit he's great but I hate him for being a "reality star".

I would have much preferred to have your first post rather than the total essay (considering it was my first) I just found for mine :| . It did give me Becca rep though on my first post, so it's not that bad.

April 29th 2009

Lol. I just registered pretty much for the sake of saying what S.O.H.O.O.D said before seeing it. Epic fail.

Anyway, I agree that I think Miz will call out HHH next week to build up this cowardly heel gimmick. I think this will come after a match, because after all, Miz could do with a match after getting drafted. Plus it furthers the possibilities of what The Miz could say. "I've just defeated two people in one night (Triple H + Match Victim), and that makes three people in two weeks. WWE, I've defeated two of your franchise players at least and now you have no choice but to look at your new face of the company".

Now as to whether Cena appearing or not is bad, I've got to go with the Who Cares category. With Cena not coming out when he WAS in the building it makes Miz look like he'd just legitimately won the match afterwards with a forfeit and this can be built upon in next week's script. If Batista went completely cleanly over Big Show it would kill all momentum they'd built up with Big Show lately. A countout was believable. What wasn't believable was Cena coming out just one night after. Cena's always been criticised for not selling injuries and the scriptwriters didn't do him any justice here with the Superman appearance. All he needed was a bloody cape! Lastly, given the fact that Batista struggles with Batista Bombing bigger men (See Umaga, WM24 I believe?), it was a good way for Batista to pick up the win. A spear on someone that large just would have made them look completely weak.

My preference was what Ushiku said earlier, they should have simply played Cena's music. It goes against what I said about making The Miz look like he had a legitimate win over Cena but they could have followed this up with Cena potentially challenging The Miz in a coming week as payback and then Big Show costing Cena the match to actually give Miz a legitimate victory anyway. It helps furthen the feud too... "I cost you a match, you cost me a match", ongoing.

All in all, I don't particularly care because I think a Cena-Big Show match will be a travesty. Granted they've had alright matches in the past but with Cena going away on "I Think I'm The Rock" business, I think thats potentially spoiled things. I mean, you have him almost get completely injured, only to come back believably not 100% in storyline, just to have him fully put on the shelf for a while on television. It may build up Big Show but with a heel champion already, I don't see how they'd fit Big Show into a good feud with the champion afterwards that will capture the audience excitement personally, and its not as if Batista is going to win the title suddenly, at least I bloody hope not. Don't quote me on it, WWE is swerving a bit lately!

Hope that was an alright first post haha.

PS. One last idea with The Miz without meaning to go off topic, I'd love for him to call out someone like Hacksaw, then Hacksaw does come out to Miz's shock. And The Miz says "I honestly thought you'd have been released by now". It'd be great!

Going to have to STRONLY disagree, respectfully. If Penn couldn't stuff GSP's takedowns there's no way in hell Diaz could. Penns TDD is top notch, easily the best in LW and probably top 5 in WW. And GSP took him down will little trouble. Same with Hughes in their first fight.

Now i know that mma math never really works out, but i just have to go with logic and it says that GSP takes down Diaz, no question about it. Now what happens when they get there is a little different, but still i give the advantage to GSP. He controls the top like no one else. Again with Penn, he has an AMAZING gaurd. And he never really had an answer for GSP. Not to downplay Diaz's bjj, because i think he' still underated in that sense, but against the guy who uses translates wrestling so well into his mma game its completly nullified.

As far as standup goes, i think this is where they're the most evenly matched. Diaz has shown good power in his boxing but so has GSP, just maybe not so much his last couple fights. You can use Alves as an example. Alves is one of the best strikers in the division as far as all around striking is concerned not just boxing. And Rush wasn't completly dominated in the standup in that fight, so i have no reason to believe Diaz would have much more to offer.

It think that was my first post, it was in a thread about Nick diaz in the mma section.

If you were talking to me, BC, then I sure did. Lulz.

It took me a few posts to get used to the style on here. Once I did, I improved dramatically. Cool.

Moi said:
I agree, I think if they had a lower card of people who lost all of the time but had something a bit quirky about them, people would still be entertained by the matches, despite the foregone conclusion of the match.

Now that Heat has finished, all of the Charlie Haas, Val Venis, Super Crazy etc. kind of wrestlers should start being used for this purpose, but I doubt it will happen, and we will end up wishing them well in their future endeavors.

How I've grown.

My first ickle post:

I like Celebrity involvement in Wrestlemania. I like Big Show vs Mayweather angle and the Tyson one was okay. As for this Wrestlemania: Mickey Rourke is only there because he did "The Wrestler" which became a good springboard for a legends angle at Mania. Similarly, I hope someone decides to kill Kid Rock at this years Mania. Like having Umaga drive a truck over Kid Rock's head would be acceptable.

My posts have never been complimented outside of rep. Well, except for Tenta saying I'm on ST's level and GD and 48 saying I'm better than ST. There's a reason I never have quotes about me in my sig, except for one where X said I look like a Smurf.

Oh well. At least I was never dreadful.

Not too shabby, I received two green reps for my first post:

1. Kane... Mr Jacobs has done a lot for the WWE over his whole career. What's he got to show for it on the part of the WWE??? The record for eliminating the most competitors in the RR & a hell of a lot of tag team title runs. Most of his title wins make Kane look weak. For example, he beat chavo for the ecw tiitle one on one but lost when versing 2 guys his own size. Since Kane is very well over, a large following no matter heel or face, & still in okay shape... why not one more demented monster heel run with the title??? Vince owes Kane.

2. Hmmm... tough choice. My original thoughts was Christian but he is to ECW as HBK is to RAW & taker is to SD! so i'd build him up for a later main event run. So, even though I will get crapped on for this choice but Jeff Hardy. Simply because he has got pretty much every title on his resume in the WWE like Edge did before he got into the Main Event picture. It would be a mockery to Jeff if stayed to compete for the IC & tag titles the rest of his career whilst someone who was in jeffs position (aka edge) got the push. I mean, these guys fueded with each other & produced, among others, some of the best matches of all time. Only however, if Jeff straightens himself up for good & everyone else stops knocking him back (aka Trips)

My posts have never been complimented outside of rep. Well, except for Tenta saying I'm on ST's level and GD and 48 saying I'm better than ST. There's a reason I never have quotes about me in my sig, except for one where X said I look like a Smurf.

Oh well. At least I was never dreadful.

There's a reason why the said you're better than ST. And it's not because they think he's an incredible poster, yet you barely edged him out.

Never said that. Just said you should probably brag about another comparison. Preferably against a poster who actually comes up with his own ideas for once.

Heh, I wasn't bragging. No sirree.

That's the thing, people never compare me to anyone. I'm not recognized for anything but my sigs. It gets a little frustrating sometimes. I mean, I love making sigs for people and I like that people love them, but sometimes I wish people would recognize me for the good posts I make.

Well, you DO play up your sigs all the time. They're awesome, don't get me wrong. But when you post in the ECW section, are the self-proclaimed "LD ****e," and only make sigs....which one of those are going to get more noticed?

Also, take into account that almost fucking no one posts in the ECW section.

Haha. Well, it's the NXT section now.

I've done a lot of posting in the whole WWE section lately. There have just been a lot of really good topics lately. I try and post all around the board but WWE seems to be my main nonspam area. Maybe if I continue at the pace I'm going people will start to take notice.

I've passed on the LD ****e title to th3truthiness now, anyway, who I wish posted more nonspam as he's really good.

How do you find your first post? For me, when I go to "All Posts by Kanye South", the earliest it takes me to is a Bar Room post I made about a month back.

How do you find your first post? For me, when I go to "All Posts by Kanye South", the earliest it takes me to is a Bar Room post I made about a month back.

I searched my name in the Archives. I didn't go into the Bar Room until I had one hundred posts. I was hoping not to get labeled a barfly.

It didn't work. :suspic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back