• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I just bought Playstation Move

Graphics definitely aren't the most important part of a game for me, but when a game has beautiful graphics it's quite breath taking. One reason I loved Red Dead Redemption so much was because of the breath taking landscapes.

No it was the PS3 network. Sony said to wait for the patch.

You do realize that what you described is nearly impossible, right? That you couldn't get on for a week, because other people were on, and the only reason you could get back is because of a software patch...you realize that makes almost no sense, correct?

More likely, there was damage to a facility Sony keeps their servers in, and they had to get the servers which run in that area up and running again. But to say that a patch fixed a lag problem which caused you to be unable to sign on makes absolutely zero sense. Which doesn't surprise me, given who I'm reading it from.

Yes, god forbid anybody have a different opinion than that of Slyfox.

In his defense, your opinion is completely stupid and founded upon absolutely zero facts.

Just sayin'.

Dude you actually said:

Microsoft have been more about reliability and customer satisfaction more than anything. Machinery that is easy to use, and gives the user all the benefits.

And think it's the right view point? I won't go into how unreliable the 360 is or how on the original X-Box they pissed off most Japanese gamers and released a smaller version of their pad for little hand people!

Reliability, simplicity and customer satisfaction are not Microsoft console traits.

In my opinion, I believe they are.
Your opinion runs contradictory to every piece of evidence out there. From the incredible bloat that is the Windows Operating System, to their proprietary software model, to the high failure rate of the 360, to their threatening legal action for anyone who creates PC drivers for the Kinect system, not to mention how they set web browsing standards back 5-10 years, to say they are about reliability, simplicity and customer satisfaction is just stupid.

My opinion is that the sky is green.

How can an OPINION be wrong?

Yeah Seth explained it slightly better than me, your opinion is against every bit of evidence out there. Therefore an opinion can be wrong.

PS3s are awesome, I only recently got one and really only play Guitar Hero on it, but then again I only have two games right now.

Opinions in and of themselves are not inherently wrong, but if an opinion is based on faulty logic or misinformation than they are drawn into question. The issue of taste is also an influencing factor on the acceptability of opinions, but that's a very difficult subject matter.

You do realize that what you described is nearly impossible, right? That you couldn't get on for a week, because other people were on, and the only reason you could get back is because of a software patch...you realize that makes almost no sense, correct?

More likely, there was damage to a facility Sony keeps their servers in, and they had to get the servers which run in that area up and running again. But to say that a patch fixed a lag problem which caused you to be unable to sign on makes absolutely zero sense. Which doesn't surprise me, given who I'm reading it from.

In his defense, your opinion is completely stupid and founded upon absolutely zero facts.

Just sayin'.

No you misunderstood. The game was unplayable due to lag which was a software issue so people had to download the patch and fix the issue. Basically the game itself was lagging so bad and was due to a technical issue on the PSN network so people had to download a patch to fix it and make the game playable. You could still play other games fine and log in.

Yes, god forbid anybody have a different opinion than that of Slyfox.

You’re entitled to your opinion. As I mentioned in the 360 vs. PS3 thread in the Video Game section, which I suggest you read and reply to, what console people believe is better is mainly due to what needs they want in their gaming console.

The facts that you are trying using to back up you’re opinion, are all very wrong. And that's the issue I have with your claim that the Xbox is the better console.

No you misunderstood. The game was unplayable due to lag which was a software issue so people had to download the patch and fix the issue. Basically the game itself was lagging so bad and was due to a technical issue on the PSN network so people had to download a patch to fix it and make the game playable. You could still play other games fine and log in.

That still doesn't make sense.

The software is the game itself and can in no way affect you're network/network connection which is the source of lag.

Actually, I was quite sure what you were trying to say, I just wanted you to say it so you couldn't back out. Because now you look like an idiot.

The problem which you're describing has NOTHING to do with the Playstation Network, but rather the company which distributed the game software. The fact you can play other games on it proves it wasn't the Sony networks, but a bug in the game. The patch was put out by the game's software company, and distributed via the network. In this case, the PSN actually ENHANCED your experience, not hinder it. For if not for the Playstation Network, you would have had to downloaded the patch from your computer, put it on a flash drive, and then copied it to your Playstation. The Playstation Network actually HELPED you.

You just made yourself look stupid. And furthered my position of how good the Playstation Network is. Once again, PS3 rules.

My opinion is that the sky is green.

That's not an opinion, it's a belief. You can't have an opinion on a universal truth because it is either 0 or 1, and opinions are qualitative not quantative.
Beliefs are based on things set in stone and can therefore be proven or disproven, opinions are based on disputable things like what good music is or other things with no common criteria to define them.

Besides if you say the sky is green, your not offering your opinion on the thing, your not telling people what it is you think about it, merely what it is you think the subject happens to be.

Sorry but I'm very thorough on this. Had an arguement on the internet with some stupid girl about why there is no such thing as good music because an opinion can't be wrong. She was saying that there is good music and you may not like it but it's ignorant not to say it isn't good. So I asked her what the criteria for a good song is, and if there is some why we still have what people consider to be "bad" music. She couldn't answer that one. Started because I said I thought paramore were average.

Yeah..... all that out of one little statement. Anyway....

But the colour of the sky is not set in stone, it changes so often and is known to go green when Tornado's form in certain areas. Therefore it is not a universal truth.

Thanks for biting the bait you totally missed the point of that, evidence shows that mostly the sky is blue, but it can be green. Just like evidence shows the 360 is an unreliable machine for most, but for some it can be reliable.

I've owned an original Xbox and 2 Xbox 360's. They all got the dreaded Red Rings o' Death and died on me. I played MW2 on Xbox Live like 4 months ago on my friend's 360, and I was doing nothing but listening to annoying ass little kids and getting thrown into hacked lobbies. I bought my PS3 in March of 2009 and had absolutely not a single issue, a problem, nothing. I had to sell it a month or so ago to pay some bills, but I too believe the PS3 is the far superior system. The PS3 exclusive titles, because they're exclusive to PS3, they can put more time and detail into the graphics and the game. Blu-Ray discs hold an enormous amount of stuff. Look at Gran Turismo 5. God of War III, Uncharted 1 & 2. Those games were outstanding. I'll take a PS3 over a 360 any day.

To be fair Fred, there are just as many whiney twelve year olds that bitch and complain and blast rap music through their headsets on the Playstation as on the 360.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back