I have one question ....

I own many shares of WWE stock, a few hundred dollars worth last check in fact... yay money. Personally I don't care what they put on as long as it makes me some cold hard cash. woot.

Going slightly off tangent, Randy Orton has nearly as many rest holds as the average member of the ROH roster. Yes, he really has that many rest holds.

Reactions: X
To be fair the average member of ROH's talent has gone down over the years. Won't be long before DGUSA has them beat in almost every way.

And Razor...come on man, who cares what makes money? Can't you just like what you like? Who cares if it draws?

And Razor...come on man, who cares what makes money? Can't you just like what you like? Who cares if it draws?

Isn't that the argument use to prove that the Attitude Era wasn't just a bunch of sex and violence for the sake of sex and violence? That it was a boom period that made the WWE tons of money?

At any rate, I understand that not everyone will like what Vince puts out, and that he doesn't put out Grade A stuff every night. In fact, I would say he rarely puts out the best he could. However, people who see that what he's doing obviously isn't that atrocious, because he's obviously making money from millions upon millions of people, aren't blindly following Vince. We just don't see him as the villain everyone else seems to see him as.

Sly is the biggest, "If it doesn't draw, it is shit," poster on the forum.

Milky tries to argue like Sly, but he isn't as good at it.

I've also seen Razor and Coco use the the whole, "If it makes money," argument.

So I really don't know who to tell you Lord S.

Isn't that the argument use to prove that the Attitude Era wasn't just a bunch of sex and violence for the sake of sex and violence? That it was a boom period that made the WWE tons of money?

It was a boom period that made the WWE tons of money. But why should that be the reason someone likes the Attitude Era product? I love the Attitude Era because it was at the peak of my love of wrestling as a kid, just like an older poster like Shocky might love the Hogan era because he grew up with it. Same with every wrestling fan really.

All I'm saying is, why should the drawing power of a wrestler/match/event be involved in your decision of whether or not you enjoy that wrestler/match/event? Shouldn't we form our own independent opinions?

At any rate, I understand that not everyone will like what Vince puts out, and that he doesn't put out Grade A stuff every night. In fact, I would say he rarely puts out the best he could. However, people who see that what he's doing obviously isn't that atrocious, because he's obviously making money from millions upon millions of people, aren't blindly following Vince. We just don't see him as the villain everyone else seems to see him as.

See, that argument might hold ground with me if success always equaled quality, but it doesn't. I hate to use this example because I always bring it up, but Transformers 2 made hundreds of millions of dollars. I don't think it's going to be winning any Oscars this year though, do you?

Guys that draw are doing good and guys that don't aren't doing their job right isn't a fair argument when everyone isn't given the same chance at getting over.

Terminator 2 probably shouldn't win anything this year, it came out 18 years ago. It won 4 oscars then though, for the record.

As for the biggest shareholdes, as Sidious puts it, I have no idea. I do know who is the person with the biggest vested interest in the product though, and that's him. I'd sooner be someone who blindly likes everything about the television show I watch than someone who watches it purely to complain.

Guys that draw are doing good and guys that don't aren't doing their job right isn't a fair argument when everyone isn't given the same chance at getting over.

My pride is swelling.

Well, that or I have an erection. Either way it's good for you Coco.

Terminator 2 probably shouldn't win anything this year, it came out 18 years ago. It won 4 oscars then though, for the record.

As for the biggest shareholdes, as Sidious puts it, I have no idea. I do know who is the person with the biggest vested interest in the product though, and that's him. I'd sooner be someone who blindly likes everything about the television show I watch than someone who watches it purely to complain.

X said Transformers 2, not Terminator 2.

X said Transformers 2, not Terminator 2.

So he did, I didn't really read it, and was being facaetious anyway, I obvs understand his point. It probably will still win a sound effects one.

I actually agree with most of Sidious' view for the new product, but he is talking out of his arse with this. He'd have a point if there were people saying "hornswoggle is good, because Vince says so", which is very different from "I hate Hornswoggle, but see why he is there" which is an observational statement.

I agree with Tasty. It seems self-serving to watch a program just to nit-pick and insult fans who want to see the company succeed. It would be like me watching a few episodes of Buffy, and going on to a forum dedicated to that show, just to bitch.

That being said, I'd consider myself to be one of these alleged "Shareholders", as I follow Vince no matter what. But, I've been conditioned to. It should also be noted, I'm a mark for any and all wrestling, save CHIKARA.

As for the drawing = quality argument, I'm not saying it does mean the product is good, but isn't it a fairly good indicator? I mean, if something is shit, wouldn't it be a complete and utter failure?

Hey, Sidious, were you joking in my birthday thread or were you legitimately angry?

And the day you learn that objective quality is not determined by the amount of revenue something generates will be the day you understand my point Sly.

To start things off; the term ROHbot is unquestionable one of the best pieces of terminology ever to be coined by the IWC. It manages to be both descriptive and amusing, in contrast to the oxymoronic branding of "smarks", which manages neither.

I guess I'd qualify as one of those shareholders.
Personally I think the show fucking sucks, which is why I don't watch it, but I have extremely little time for the people who queue up to spout off about what Vince "should" be doing. Vince's responsibility is not to entertain 'you'; it's to entertain his audience, which if you don't like the product then you are not a part of.

Like it, don't like it, I've never encountered a single person in my life who has told people that they have to like something because it's profitable, but for the love of Christ learn to distinguish between an opinion and an observation. (Slyfox practically stole my line)

And the day you learn that objective quality is not determined by the amount of revenue something generates will be the day you understand my point Sly.
Like I said...

You still don't get it. But, I've explained it to you so many times it's obvious you don't want to hear it, you'd just rather stick your head in the sand and pretend that your opinion actually matters. That's fine, I just always thought you were better than the thousands/millions of Internet fans who do the same thing. I thought you had the ability to think for yourself and look at the big picture, but clearly, at this point, you choose not to do that.

Every wrestler who has ever mattered has said that the only thing that matters is making money. Why do you presume your personal preferences means more than the words of guys like Hogan, McMahon, Flair, Hart, etc.?

Personally I think the show fucking sucks, which is why I don't watch it, but I have extremely little time for the people who queue up to spout off about what Vince "should" be doing. Vince's responsibility is not to entertain 'you'; it's to entertain his audience, which if you don't like the product then you are not a part of.

Like it, don't like it, I've never encountered a single person in my life who has told people that they have to like something because it's profitable, but for the love of Christ learn to distinguish between an opinion and an observation. (Slyfox practically stole my line)
This. Exactly. Read it twice ladies and gents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back