I have my first acoustic show tonight...

Well obviously it must've been good then, people who aren't doing good usually gets booed off am I right?

Very true. Actually, most of them cheered after every song. I am so relieved that it went well. They didn't even notice all of my fuck-ups!!

...I've been in bands for the past 8 years but I've never had to sing with nothing but myself and an acoustic guitar player on stage.

I'm petrified.

Good Luck out there! Dont worry, the more nervous you are ...it will affect your voice during the concert. Stay calm, relaxed, and focused on one thing...your VOICE.

Sure youll do great, is there any youtube videos of your singing?

Messed up some lyrics, melodies, and arrangements. And my music stand fell on the floor and all of my lyrics and papers went flying in front of the crowd for a good laugh.

People were probably drunk or something. It's not really that bad a thing, unless you completely forget the lyrics to a song, and that's really not too big a deal either, unless you wrote it.

So I'm guessing you had a great time as well?

People were probably drunk or something. It's not really that bad a thing, unless you completely forget the lyrics to a song, and that's really not too big a deal either, unless you wrote it.

So I'm guessing you had a great time as well?

Yeah, it was fun. I hear that I have another one this Wednesday, but I need to leave my day job early for it. So I'm trying to make that happen. Extra cash always works :)

So any youtube videos of D-Man's singing?

Actually, there are. But they're old and the sound was awful. It sounds like I'm a bit off-key on some of the songs. Here are two of them:

Enjoy.

Yeah, it was fun. I hear that I have another one this Wednesday, but I need to leave my day job early for it. So I'm trying to make that happen. Extra cash always works :)

Hell yeah, extra cash is never a bad thing. I'm happy to hear you had a good time, because after all that's what matters.

By the way, I watched the "Let It Rock" performance, pretty kick-ass.

Yeah, I noticed that throughout the video. You seem much more energetic and moving. Getting the crowd a good show is always the most important, then it's all about how you achieve it really.

As long as yo could hold the notes, people know that you're moving around and can't sing perfectly. But if they're entertained, that's the most important part.

As long as yo could hold the notes, people know that you're moving around and can't sing perfectly. But if they're entertained, that's the most important part.

Well it certainly takes a bit of practice to get the hang of moving around and singing.

I'm guessing you got to sit on a chair and relax throughout your acoustic show though?

I have been on and off in a band for 5 years now, so can kinda relate.
Good luck dude, what're you singing?

I'd recommend Wild Horses but not the Stones version but the Chris Cornell/Lovemongers version, much more powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back