Great acoustic versions

Ferbian

Has Returned.
This is a kind of rip-off from TM's thread about guitar solos and "with orchestras" thread.

I found myself listening to Linkin Park - Pushing me away, a kind of acoustic version you could say, seeing as the only instrument playing is a Piano, and Chester singing the vocals clean without any of the roughness he used to have during Hybrid Theory and Meteora.
And it got me thinking of many other songs where the artists has made an acoustic version of a great song, and made a great acoustic version out of it, not necessarily better, but good enough for you to want to listen to it as if it was a regular album song.

The Linkin Park song:
[YOUTUBE]FOyHPzKh9GA[/YOUTUBE]

This one really shows off what an amazing voice Chester truly has, same with his work with Dead By Sunrise and Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight" album, which even though I must admit I'm a lover of the old Linkin Park, I still love this album, this song really shows how much Chester truly can adjust to any kind of vocals if you ask me (although it doesn't have the growling he became so wildly popular on)

Another great one (this one I'm gonna have to apologize to TM for, he's gonna hate it)
Breaking Benjamin - So Cold
[YOUTUBE]pJb_p7Gib0Q[/YOUTUBE]

A great song that really shows off how great this guy truly is (I'm a big fan of Breaking Benjamin and I wish they were more widespread around the world even if they aren't expected to perform anywhere else than North America)

Let's see what you guys think is a worthy mention.

I really love that Pushing Me Away acoustic that you posted. I think it's better than the actual song.

One of the greatest acoustic songs of all time is Clapton's Layla from his unplugged concert, if you count that as acoustic. Clapton found a way to bring a new meaning to the song, and instead of being the bluesy rocker that we've all heard, he turned it into a slow and beautiful song, but still retaining the bluesy edge to it. Plus the solo in the song is one of my favorite solos of all time, the man is a god on the guitar. I can't find the actual video, so here's the song, but I'm sure most of you have seen it before.

[YOUTUBE]9_jpWumPnxc[/YOUTUBE]

Another one that I really like is Incubus' I Miss You. The song seems a bit more raw and honest in the acoustic version, and they just seem to convey the message of the song a bit better without all the extra effects. One of my favourite tracks from Incubus, and the acoustic version IMO is better than the album version.

[YOUTUBE]kwUsVQkuLuw&[/YOUTUBE]

I really love that Pushing Me Away acoustic that you posted. I think it's better than the actual song.

While I completely agree the song is absolutely amazing live, I still have my love for the regular version, especially the live version they performed at House of Blues

[YOUTUBE]WcyCmczO0-Y[/YOUTUBE]

While it's not a part of being anywhere relevant to this thread certainly, I decided to post it anyway just to compare.

Keep them coming people.

This is one of my favorite acoustic songs ever. It just sounds so amazing acoustic, it's such a different sound then the normal Bullet for My Valentine.

Here is the acoustic version.

[YOUTUBE]hle1KU_dYi8[/YOUTUBE]

Here is the original version.

[YOUTUBE]J7vFTHQ-Q2s[/YOUTUBE]

I really love the BBC acoustic version of Girls not Grey by AFI. The acoustic work gives Davey a chance to display a softer vocal version of his song, while the acoustic guitar really keeps the rhythm going throughout the song. I also love the backing vocals, I believe Adam did them for the version of the song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back