I have my first acoustic show tonight...

I'm sure you'll do fine mate. I've liked the stuff I've seen so far, so I have no doubt you'd be able to pull off an acoustic show without much, if any problems. Just make sure to have someone tape it will ya?

Will you be singing your usual Liquid Courage fare, or will you be branching out some? Either way, this takes some cojones. Knock 'em dead, D-Man.

It will be an interesting new mix. After all, acoustic songs are a whole new animal for live music. Now I'll be expanding my horizons to sing Daughtry, Duncan Sheik, Tesla, etc...

That's why it's so scary. I'm not nearly as familiar with these songs. And I don't have the safety net of an entire band behind me anymore.

Doug, for me, it's a TOTALLY different feel. Now I have to prove that I really CAN sing.

With the full band, I had rock guitars, effects, reverb... now it's just me and an acoustic guitar. It's scary.

Proving that you can sing shouldn't really be so hard mate. If you've managed to deliver whenever you've performed live, there's nothing other than simply going out there and doing what you usually do. I get the whole problem with the new texts and such however, but just try to keep it calm, and before you know it, your concert is over.

I know, Ferbs...

I've always doubted my vocals. I was a smoker for 16 years and I was in a metal band for four years. Both of those things KILLED my vocals for a long time. It took about 4 years for my vocals to repair themselves. Now I'm wondering if I'm ready for this.

Represent. While I haven't had the privilege of hearing any of your stuff, I'm thoroughly convinced you will blow them away. The beauty of acoustic is it's soulful, touching, and completely bad ass. Just close your eyes, belt it out, and listen to the crowd roar. Great selections by the way.

I see. Well like I've always said, I like your Liquid Courage stuff, and I'm sure you'd be able to deliver tonight mate. Either way, I wish you best of lucks, and you better damn well keep me updated.

Represent. While I haven't had the privilege of hearing any of your stuff, I'm thoroughly convinced you will blow them away. The beauty of acoustic is it's soulful, touching, and completely bad ass. Just close your eyes, belt it out, and listen to the crowd roar. Great selections by the way.

This is the plan :)

I really appreciate the support. One of these days, I have to post links to all of the online videos of my singing in the Liquid Courage Appreciation thread. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

I see. Well like I've always said, I like your Liquid Courage stuff, and I'm sure you'd be able to deliver tonight mate. Either way, I wish you best of lucks, and you better damn well keep me updated.

Appreciate that, mate. I promise to keep everyone posted.

Good good. What time is it now at your place, and when are you performing?

It's almost 4pm here and I go on at 8:30pm.

Good Luck D-Man, the amount of weed I plan on smoking today should put both of us at ease.

I've been dry for almost a week. Nothing since Friday night. But I got a text today and my source finally got some. Too bad I can't pick up until Saturday afternoon.

It's been a Loooooong week.

Just practice practice practice (I'm sure you know this already, but it's worth repeating). I've seen the videos of your band playing; you've got some nice pipes on you and you've got great stage presence. I think you'll be fine. Wish I could come.

DirtyJosé;2436454 said:
Just practice practice practice (I'm sure you know this already, but it's worth repeating). I've seen the videos of your band playing; you've got some nice pipes on you and you've got great stage presence. I think you'll be fine. Wish I could come.

I appreciate this very much. Thanks, bro.

It will make the re-up all the more special.

I think this is why I've been so uptight, lately. But you're right... once I smoke again I'm gonna be FUCKED up. I normally smoke bowls but I might just twist one up for added effect ;)

:rasta:

I know, Ferbs...

I've always doubted my vocals. I was a smoker for 16 years and I was in a metal band for four years. Both of those things KILLED my vocals for a long time. It took about 4 years for my vocals to repair themselves. Now I'm wondering if I'm ready for this.

Helped Lemmy

Good luck D-Man. I play acoustic gigs with my mate but I just play and he sings so I can’t really relate but it’s just about being confident. I can sing at home and around friends but I don’t think I could ever sing in front of strangers at a gig. Good luck mate, you have more courage than me 

Oh and I’ll have a billy for ya ;)

(We Aussies call a bong a billy BTW) 

Acousitc sets are a whole different animal. The best advice I can give is to not try anything risky. If you're worried about your voice, just play it safe. Other than that, just relax, you'll be fine and it will over in no time. Good luck :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back