• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I can't believe I'm asking this..

Literally everything lol. I was at a friends a couple of days ago and he had a game on, and I watched about 5 minutes of it but stopped because I didn't understand it. I then watched Game Plan, and it looks good, I just don't exactly understand. I mean, I know they have to get it to the other end to touch down, but what are the rules etc?

Sly and myself should start the "Soccer is Terrible" Headquarters. Why? No reason; just soccer sucks.

Sly and myself should start the "Soccer is Terrible" Headquarters. Why? No reason; just soccer sucks.
I'm game.

Actually, I enjoyed playing soccer when I was little, but it's just terribly boring to watch.

It's called football.
No, it's soccer.

As far as explaining football.

Simple rundown:

Two teams play at a time. We'll call one team the Red team, and the other Blue. We'll call the Refs the White team. Hope you understand the message there.

The Red team will generally have two separate factions on its team, offense and defense. Each faction will have a minimum of 11 players. The Blue team is the same, with 11 players on its offense and defense team. If Red's offense is on, then Blue's defense will be on. If Blue's offense is on, then Red's defense will be.

The goal is find a way to run or throw the ball into the specially designated areas on each end of the field, the "end zones". If you do that, it's a Touchdown and you get 6 points. There is also an upright goal post. If you are able to kick the ball through that after a touchdown, you get 1 point. If you can kick the ball through the post, but are unable to score a Touchdown, then you get three points.

Finally, on your trek to get to the "End Zone" which is where you make a Touchdown, you have to be able to advance forward at least 10 yards (a yard is similar in length to a meter) for every four plays, otherwise the other team gets the ball. If you go 10 yards, then the "Downs" start all over.

That's a basic overview.

Soccer is god awful compared to the NFL. They go to London for season openers, watch a full game, and afterwards you'll be amazed at the difference.

So...who's down for starting a Football vs. Soccer thread, eh? Anyone else want to start a war between the Americans and Brits?

So we can kick their ass again. :D

So...who's down for starting a Football vs. Soccer thread, eh? Anyone else want to start a war between the Americans and Brits?

So we can kick their ass again. :D
Meh, not really something to be proud of considering they've had their ass handed to them several times since the late 18th century.

I think the countdown of power goes something like this:

5. France (weakest)
4. Great Britain
3. USSR
2. The Brooklyn Brawler
1. United States (strongest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members