• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hulk Hogan's Last Match - Who Should He Face?

If Hulk Hogan were to fight in one final match, I think it should be against Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Sure, it would be painful to watch as both of those geriatrics can't really move but I'd like it to be face "Real American" Hogan against heel Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania.

They could actually hype that enough to make it worthwhile.

Already been done....wasn't that at Wrestlemania 19??

If the WM18 match wasn't his true last great battle, then I guess you could argue that his match with Vince was.

He has the most history with the Undertaker. And a story of who will bury who - Taker burying Hulkamania forever or Hogan burying the Undertaker forever sells itself. The only other than that I would accept over that would be SCSA. If they could finally pull that off it would epic. Maybe even Bret Hart. One of those 3 for sure.

Although I don't want to see him wrestle ever again; Bound for Glory was painful, I blame Sting too so you can't say I'm being hypocritical but everyone knew It'd be horrible. However if there were ever to be some drug fueled creative meeting in WWE and Hulk Hogan was a free agent, I'd bring Hogan in to have his final match with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I'm sure It'd blow as much as Sting/Hogan did, but at least Hogan/Austin has a story behind it from the get go. Austin helped transcend the product Hogan revolutionized. The two biggest names in professional wrestling, maybe still today and probably of all-time. One claims he could wrestle, but would only do it if the time were right and the other is lucky to be mobile - but just to answer the question in the thread, Hulk Hogan vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Already been done....wasn't that at Wrestlemania 19??

If the WM18 match wasn't his true last great battle, then I guess you could argue that his match with Vince was.

All these matches people are suggesting except for Stone Cold have already been done. Let them do it again one more, and final time. I think it would actually be funny.

Ahhh yes but the problem there is Edge retired on medical grounds. So how is he going to Wrestle Hogan? Next....

I still say Undertaker. The Immortal Hulk Hogan going against the Dead Man at Wrestlemania. Epic! Who cares the match will suck. The story tells itself.

Eh one more match wont hurt ... if Hogan is way too old and broken down to wrestler but still does theoretically Edge can do it. I mean we all know Edge is going to wrestler one more match in his career (most retirees do ... heck Bret Hart technically had 4 more matches during the past two years).

Besides Undertaker is no more healthier than Edge anyways.

In my opinion he should have never had another match after WrestleMania 19. Hulk Hogan vs. Vince McMahon. It was a street fiht I think and Piper made an apperance. I think that should've been it, Hulk made the WWF and Vince made Hulk.

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3504196 said:
If it had to happen, I'd say let Randy Orton do it. Undertaker is a good choice, but I don't want to see 20-0 be a giant disaster or be all about Hogan. No thanks... Orton has history with him, has beaten Hogan before, and could reprise the old Legend Killer gimmick just for the match. That's of course if Orton was willing to go heel again. Maybe "put Hogan down for good this time".

RANDY ORTON NEVER BEAT HOGAN....EVER. Hogan pinned him in his last WWE match to date, @ Summerslam 2006...BROTHER!!! He was the one legend that the "legend killer" couldn't kill....Hulk still Rules!!

Stone Cold Steve Austin, some way, some how. It be a great way to end both careers. I know it wouldn't be an epic wrestling battle, but I would settle for a 5 to 10 minute match, if that's all they can do at this point. Hogan needs to come home to WWE, once and for all. Get a legends contract and battle Austin at mania 29 or 30, in MSG, where I believe Hulkamaina and Wrestlemania both began. That would be my dream scenario. I would have Austin winning the match, but both celebrating in the ring afterward. Hogan having a beer with Austin and then Austin doing a pose down with Hogan. It would be a classic moment in WWE history.

In my opinion he should have never had another match after WrestleMania 19. Hulk Hogan vs. Vince McMahon. It was a street fiht I think and Piper made an apperance. I think that should've been it, Hulk made the WWF and Vince made Hulk.

I agree 100% . I feel like Hogan is ruining his legacy by dragging on his career when his retirement is long over-due. Instead of ending his career on a good note after being drafted into the Hall Of Fame he goes and joins TNA bad move on his part.

hulk hogan + one more match = disaster. hulk hogan's latest last match was beyond painful to watch, same as with the nature boy ric flair's last match. honestly hogan would be stupid to go for another one. sure undertaker could carry him (and most likely hurt himself pretty bad in the process, even if WM 28 was to be his last match), for the sake of his own health and well being it would be a stupid idea. id say cena, but hogan just isnt what he used to be. id say goldberg but no it wont happen. honestly as a fan who isnt nuts i actually care bout hogan's well being so i hope he doesn't have another match.

I'm sorry. But that is awful. I was going to give you a pass since you are clearly in the dark (not knowing who is in the hall of fame or what they get when they are inducted). However, when you said you think it's gold, I had to chime in. Mean Gene, really? And revenge or forever being torn inside? I think your suggestion may have worked somewhat around 1989ish. But, this is just awful today. And by "worked", I mean as in a legitimate idea from a 7-year-old fan. Not actually have worked. I wanted to speak on the topic more, but I have to shake off this rubbish. Awful!
Thats the beauty of it though; its simplicity, Hulk Hogans best feuds were always the simple ones. Yeah mean gene cause its a hall of fame storyline so its got to be played out as if it was in 1989. No way would it be the main event it would just be a kind of side show for the ppv after wrestlemania or something. You can only use what you have and Hulk Hogan is a shit actor so he can't build up a good feud with anyone serious its always got to be something that would amuse a 7 year old and bemuse a grown man that was the whole thing about hogan all his career from the american flag wielding he man to the selfish pirate like hollywood hogan. And being torn up inside is what he'd say in the interview with mean gene "about brutus' actions actions" can't you see how it would be funny seeing all those old guys try to be serious about the whole thing? get a sense of humor man.

The answer is simple - no one. It's over. I'm not a Hogan hater, but I don't care to see him wrestle anymore. And no, that has nothing to do with his age.

I don't care if you're sixty, or sixteen - if you're too hurt to go, don't go. The guy can't walk. Do any of you watch TNA? I'm guessing not. It takes all he has to stand there and cut a promo. Physically, he's finished. He's done enough in the wrestling business to not need another match. His legacy is about as solid as one can be.

Hopefully his last match was his match with Sting at Bound For Glory but knowing TNA it will probably end up being against Flair and being a total botch fest

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back