How would YOU rate people power overall?

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
John Lauranaitis has left the building as far as being in charge of raw and smackdown goes, he might come back down the line or next week for all we know but for now People Power is over.....

wether you thought CM Punk should have been the one to drive him out or he will come back later, it doesnt matter.

I want you to tell me how would you rate Big Johnny as a character, GM, etc ? did you enjoy his reign of terror which started almost a year later ?

Discuss....

I was actually a fan of Big Johnny. I thought they were going to do good with Johnny. Johnny had a chance to be a great heel authority figure like Vince or Bischoff in their primes. I would of loved him to feud with Punk, that would be an excellent feud. I think over time, he became a disappointment and became stale. I'll give Johnny a 6 out of 10 as a GM/Character.

I have to admit that I really wasn't a fan of Big Johnny at the beginning of the whole thing but he seemed to really grow comfortable with the on screen character and that ended up growing on me and I enjoyed some of the stuff he did.

While I haven't watched Raw yet (West Coast, but read the spoilers) from how it is described it seems to be a disappointment (Cena wins, blah blah blah...) and wish they would have continued the story out further. Although no Mr. McMahon, I'll rate him as a solid 7 overall due to the improvement over time.

The whole thing REALLY grew on me over time.

I'm bummed it's over to be honest. I thought he turned out to be a great addition as the GM. I think they ended this way too early.

I could see not wanting to take this to Mania next year, but should have at least let it stay into the fall... After all, we all know that there's a summer lull in quality sometimes.

This whole "guest GM" thing is going to get old real quick. Not only that, now there's no real HEEL power force in the WWE currently.

Just a quick question: Did anybody expect Johnny's reign to end this early?

I thought Johnny as a GM was good. Not great, but not the worst. He drew a reaction every time he came out, especially with his introduction. Hell, sometimes you couldn't even hear him when he announced his job title.

I thought that not only was it WAY too early to be feuding with Cena, but also too soon for his job to be put on the line. I'd rate the reign overall as a 7 out of 10. Good heel heat, did a good job of flaunting his power, but was disappointingly short.

I was a fan of Johnny but there were loads of problems with him.

Overall, I give him a 5.5/10 as a GM.
I had several issues with him, mostly his voice and mic skills. Honestly, when I listen to him talk, I know for a fact a mess up is coming. And 90% of the time, he does. His voice is just annoying to me, and makes me want to mute the TV and wait until he is done talking. His mic skills speak for themselves. Also, his selling makes me sad. I liked him much more when he was feuding with Punk.

I liked him, but there were several issues that made him a pain to watch.

Johnny Ace was a big part of raw and hell yeah it was too early for him to leave (although i think he'll be back). he was probably the best heel in the roster. i think they shud have made Johnny help elevate young heels like ziggler, in the Punk vs Ziggler feuds. so i rate it a 7 because it didnt last too long.

boring and predictable same as punks title reign i like punk but cena and orton with the strap is much more interesting but overall i hated it eric was the last good raw gm his feud with cena was good

I think John Lauranaitis is really funny. He's a self absorbed, stupid heel GM who delusionally believes he is fooling the crowd into thinking he is a man of the people.

His promo skills are unusual, but I think they really sell his character, i.e. a guy who is not very good at his job, which kind of makes them perfect.

I'd be surprised if this "firing" lasts long. He's the biggest heel in the company. Now would be a good time to put him in a feud with Sheamus.

He was a good GM, One of the better ones we have had in a long time. Was disappointed they ended his time so quick really. Would have been happy if it lasted longer, he was getting better and better and yet now they seemed to dropped it .. till he comes back some how later on maybe. As his backstage duitys have been cut back would allow him to spend more time on screen

I suppose Johnny was better than that silly ass laptop and the unseen GM sending random text messages to Michael Cole. As far as past GMs go, I think every single GM of either RAW or Smackdown have done much better than JL. There's just something about Johnny that is unlikeable and that carries over into his character. Which is good for getting heat, but, lousy for consistently performing. Plus, he makes numerous mistakes on air and doesn't seem too comfortable talking on the mic. Two very bad things and things that GMs should be able to do well to communicate their points. As for rating, I'd give "people power" a 2 out of 10.

I have to admit that I really wasn't a fan of Big Johnny at the beginning of the whole thing but he seemed to really grow comfortable with the on screen character and that ended up growing on me and I enjoyed some of the stuff he did.

The whole thing REALLY grew on me over time.

This is why he was never any good. I thought the same thing a few weeks ago. "I've gotten used to him." The problem is the show is supposed to be entertaining. If you have just choke on what they give you in order to like it, then it's no good.

JL was terrible. And he always will be. Besides the voice he couldn't say practically one sentence without screwing it up. I'll admit he got better over time, so maybe that's why so many "got used" to him. But really, that's just a testament to how awful he was when he first came on screen.

I am glad "People Power" is over.

boring and predictable same as punks title reign i like punk but cena and orton with the strap is much more interesting but overall i hated it eric was the last good raw gm his feud with cena was good

Did you just say that Punk's title reigns are predictable but Cena's aren't?!? EVERYTHING about Cena is predictable. He faces insurmountable odds and yet somehow manages to overcome them no matter how high the deck is stacked. WWE dropped the ball big time when it comes to his Mania loss because they are so convinced that protecting Cena is what is best for the company...

I could go on but it would be best suited for a separate thread.

As for the reign of "People Power", it was uneventful and lackluster. Part of that was Johnny's fault (being that he is horrible on the microphone) but a big part of it was WWE's fault and their true lack of star power. Relying on the Big Show, Tensai and Kane to be your main hired guns is pathetic. Big Show gets no heat and we have all seen him lose waaaay too often to take him seriously. Tensai, same thing... but people have even less interest in him than Show. And Otunga is a jobber. So THAT is who Johnny had to back him up.

If the WWE was serious with Johnny they would have done a much better job building up his stable. Miz, ADR, Cody, Swagger, Ziggler - all of those guys would have made for better backup than Show, Tensai and Otunga. It also didn't help that Johnny really had very little authority as HHH and VKM were always threatening his job.

To wrap it up I give "People Power" a 4 out of 10. It had it's decent moments but it fell to the power of Super Cena and was pretty handicapped when it came to success all along.

It was an interesting program with limited staying power. After all, with the over-the-top characters pushed forward by WWE all these years, how long was an understated man with a muted personality and a monotone delivery going to last? To WWE's credit, they didn't extend it into seeming-eternity, as they did with programs like the Anonymous General Manager. They did the program, built on it, let weaknesses seep in.,....and ended it. Well done.

Of course, this presumes there won't be some sort of turn that winds up with Johnny L. putting himself back in the driver's seat in the next week or so. Something like that wouldn't be beyond WWE, would it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm sick of the meddling general manager persona in general. Given that, I hated the whole "people power" thing. I never really even understood what that meant, to be honest (I get it: the bad guy GM claims he's doing what the people want while actually doing the opposite as a way to generate heat). In general though, the whole thing led to some of the most boring moments of television in recent memory, certainly including the conclusion to last night's Raw.

6/10

It started strong with his feud with CM Punk with the whole is he actually trying to screw Punk aspect. Him and Punk had some good back and forth and was quite entertaining.

As soon as they had him turn on Cena with little explanation it just seemed like they were confused on how to end it so they went with the old stand by of cena getting rid of the GM. It reminds me of a lot of WWE storylines actually, half-baked and end with a whimper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back