• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How would you handle HBK / Taker after mania

streicher187

Getting Noticed By Management
Guessing both will be gone for a while after mania, how would you explain it? Just ideas of how you would write them off tv?

If I was in charge of explaining it, I would have Taker beat HBK then the next night on RAW have taker come out to say it was a great match and he is sorry blah,blah,blah Then have a superstars music play either Orton or a young guy like Sheamus and have him come down and destroy the undertaker putting him in a casket...

Then on Smackdown have kane come to the ring looking for answers and have Shamus(sp) come down carrying a bag to the ring and show a video of him taking undertakers casket to be burned. Then when the video ends have shemus knock kane out with an urn and walk away..

they can show kane going nuts and tearing apart his locker where we see the undertakers jacket and in the corner his mask. Driving kane over the edge he puts the mask back on and becomes the monster again this time wearing the takers coat as a tribute..

They could have Kane destroying people like he used to, not caring about winning just hurting people setting up a summerslam match with Kane/shamus afte rthe match which would see a shamus win they could turn the lights out and strike the gong hinting at a taker return..

They could tease the return for a while, putting the belt on shamus and at royal rumble have taker return as number 30 to win it and face shamus at the rumble..

HBK could then retire and stay that way:p

I like your idea as a way of making kane a monster again. I'm not too sure how they'll handle the fact both guys want time off. Last time I remember a match where both guys were leaving was brock vs goldberg and that wasn't to well recieved.

I don't normally post negative responses but that would never happen in a pg world Sheamus murdering the Undertaker? And why even if you went with Orton the Legend Killer it just doesn't make sense, it's like when Yokozuna killed him, it made Yoko look a little bad ass but then Taker didn't come back after him he had to fight fake taker so it's even been done.

You know in fact if you want Kane to become a monster again have him come out and take Undertaker apart after Mania and have him say that he could have beaten him and then just let him loose for most of the year until Takers return.

You know in fact if you want Kane to become a monster again have him come out and take Undertaker apart after Mania and have him say that he could have beaten him and then just let him loose for most of the year until Takers return.

That actually sounds like a good idea. It could set up into a Taker versus Kane feud that could possibly see an end at the next WM.

i really would love to see a story like this play out but not on the first raw after mania because i would want that as a tribute to hbk similar to one ric flair got with someone like hhh bringing out old superstars from hbks past like Marty Jannetty, bret hart, Chris Jericho, cena and orton ect then have undertaker come out then finally have hbks wife and children come out then the next week on raw have your story idea come in but instead of showing the clip of the burning just have Sheamus with a urn and leave it to the imagination of fans instead of showing it because of the pg era so yeah it would be great to see a story like this gives kane somethink writes undertaker off and Sheamus having a big feud can only be good for him

That actually sounds like a good idea. It could set up into a Taker versus Kane feud that could possibly see an end at the next WM.

do you think we really need kane undertaker for the third time at wrestlemania and this sounds like the story from last time kane destroys undertaker and then he returns just not a good idea

Check this out.
Tribute show on RAW and thenon Smackdown, Taker says Shawn was a good competitor but his time has come and gone, RIP. Taker goes on to say if HBK can't beat him at WM, no one can beat him, and the deadman's soul can finally rest in peace. Rolls his eyes back, lightning hits, lights go out, and he's gone.

Only to return later in the year, when someone starts saying they're not afraid of nobody, blah, blah, blah.

Undertaker comes back and finds that his soul is not free because of KANE!!!!

ooOOOoOoO

I think we've seen enough of Taker vs. Kane. I'm not sure what they're going to do with Taker at Mania next year, I hope he faces Cena but WWE needs to grow a set first and I'm not sure if that will happen. But either way, Kane for the third time would be a huge step down from the classic with Michaels at the 25th Anniversary and likely another all time great match tonight. Also, the storyline lasting a year like that is a bit unrealistic, WWE severely lacks that kind of long term booking although it might be something that would help out the product some. Then again, you run the risk of dragging it on and allowing the fans to become bored with it. If your plan is Taker vs. Sheamus at Mania, I'm not sure if I like that either, but if Sheamus gets good enough in the ring I might be able to tolerate it. One thing's for sure, though, the Cena match needs to happen before Taker retires, whether's next year or the year after.

I think for Shawn Michaels I can see him leaving for a long time only to return for one short run. Let's say leading to Wrestlemania 27. I can also totally see him have a pseudo dream match with John Morrison or Sting. Especially the latter, Sting accepts the hall of fame induction only so he can have one match with HBK at Wrestlemania. As for Morrison I can see a similar 1996 Austin-esque scenario where he will call out HBK from retirement to face him at Wrestlemania; eventually putting Morrison over win or lose.

Post WM26 I think both of them will be absent for quite some time and silence will be cast over the match after RAW. That way the other wrestlers should start building their own status's a bit like CM Punk did last year over Jeff Hardy. Triple H should also take a hiatus though that really means trusting the rest of the roster to really make the step up in their respective fueds. Former Legacy members, and the MITB winner in particular need to show how good they really are. The draft should also shake things up and I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Drew Mcintyre, Shaemus or Jack Swagger fued with each other or join up as a team. But taker and HBK deserve a long rest... well HBK I'm not sure what will happen. The young stars never seem to step up anymore to make WWE more interesting. I also agree that Taker must face Cena at Wrestlemania before he retires. Had Cena not lost at WM24 then he too would have had an undefeated streak but WWE writers ...well we already know they love to *waste* opportunity after opportunity (just look at Shelton Benjamin, were it not for Michael Hayes).

Love the original post here. It's a hell of a way to write off Undertaker for a while while elevating a young guy up or something and Kane gets a good push out of it and could be back in the main event scene. God I hope something like that would happen. Kane could use it, Taker could use a viable way out and a guy like Sheamus or a young guy would really benefit from it.

Well,I cant imagine for that to happen in PG RAW.Somebody kills somebody,casquet, please,little kids would be crying.I dont think that even if that would happen they wouldnt be using Kane because Kane is over in WWE,he jobes to anyone who askes him.

I think that Michaels will retire now and be back for next wrestlemania and Taker will go on vacation and be back by Summerslamm like last year

do you think we really need kane undertaker for the third time at wrestlemania and this sounds like the story from last time kane destroys undertaker and then he returns just not a good idea

Its not like John Cena vs Randy Orton were they fued non stop...Kane and Undertaker there haven't even faced more then 2 times at wrestlemania, so its ok for Undertaker vs Shawn for the second time but not ok for Undertaker vs Kane for the third time ? so hypocritical, i bet you just dont want Kane pushed

If it was me, I'd have CM Punk come down after the match and destroy Taker. After all, Taker did beat him for the world title not too long ago. Then whenever Taker does come back you have a prebuilt feud waiting there for him. Gets CM Punk even more heel heat also.

No matter what you do, it's going to seem like a step down to most fans because they've been spoiled with HBK/Taker two years in a row at Wrestlemania.

All the scenaros given are based around the Undertaker winning. What happens if he loses? You could have HBK go over Taker. Taker takes the loss hard and disappears. HBK comes out on Raw, says he has nothing less to accomplish then retires.

I would like for Undertaker to win tonight, and just leave HBK laying in the ring or dump him in a casket.

If they go just leaving him laying in the ring then they can so some kinda tribute on RAW where HHH and all the guys say goodbye to HBK. He leaves for about a year and comes back for one more match next year at WM27 in Atlanta Georgia where he fights Sting, who being inducted into the WWE HOF.

If they go the dumping him in the casket route, then have Taker come out on RAW or Smackdown saying he laid Michaels career to rest, and now he too can REST IN PEACE!! Have some big explosion of fire and lightning, and have everything disappear.

I do like the idea of using a young up and comer to take out Undertaker but I doubt WWE is smart enough to do something like that. I think Sheamus would be perfect but I believe that he will end up taking out HHH tonight at WM26 so there will be no need for him to take out Taker. Pushing Kane again like this would not be a bad idea either and I think having him face Taker at WM27 would be an epic match to end a epic storyline between the two.

I would love to see the original post come to fruition, but it will never happen. As much as we'd all like to see Kane put the mask back on and be what he once was again, I just don't think it's ever going to happen.

My guess would be that they just do what they did last year: don't explain anything. It's weak as hell, but I expect nothing less.

I see it playing out like this. Shawn Michaels loses and retires, which will explain his absence. As for Undertaker, for some reason I fully expect Kane to come out and do something to him that will cause "serious injury" like he's done in the past. The No DQ, No Countout stipulations are the main reason I believe this will happen. Of course, on the flip side, Kane could interfere and cost Undertaker the match and then "seriously injure" HBK, however, if Undertaker loses, I will never watch WWE again (and I'll sell my Raw ticket for May 17th in Toronto).

It's going to be simple to explain Michael's absence, he's going to lose and his 'career' will be over, so that's explained pretty easily. As far as Undertaker, well he usually takes time off after ever recent Wrestlemania. The fans know this, no real reason to explain anything, except other than the fact, that he needs a break because he is beat up. You people try to make a bigger deal out their absences when it is not needed at all. The explanation need only be very simple and short as to why they are not around.

Assuming The Undertaker wins tonight on Raw tomorrow it should end with the Druids rolling a casket to the ring. Then Taker comes out and proclaims he has done everything and beat everyone set in front of him. After he gets off the MIC he climbs into the coffin, lays down, druids slam it shut and they roll it out of the arena and that is how RAW ends. Bringing him back can be done when ever SummerSlam or Survivor Series with Mcentyre or Sheamus. Considering Mania 27 will be in Atlanta, GA if they can somehow get Sting under contract for the Hall OF FAme I would love Sting vs Undertaker at 27. Personally I think that would, hype wise, be a small step above HBK vs Taker.

Of course, it depends on who wins the match, but I have a scenario if the Undertaker is victorious. In fact, a few different current storylines would become intertwined with one another.

First, as most people probably agree, Sheamus vs. Triple H will take place before Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels. I believe Sheamus will win this match cleanly allowing his monster push to continue. After the match, I think Sheamus will further attack Triple H, seriously injuring him (I've heard Triple H may want some time off). This would explain Triple H's absence for the next month or so.

Then, as Undertaker and Shawn Michaels are finishing up their match, I believe Shawn will be in the position to deliver "Sweet Chin Music" and end the Undertaker's streak, however; their match is "No Disqualification, No Countout." At this point, I think Sheamus will come down to the ring and blindside Shawn Michaels. Whether he also attacks the Undertaker is irrelevant, as I feel the attack on Shawn Michaels will cost him the match and allow the Undertaker to extend his Wrestlemania streak. With this scenario, you allow the Undertaker's streak to stay intact without having Shawn lose cleanly two years in a row.

From there, Shawn Michaels will retire, but I don't think we will see a big sendoff on Monday Night Raw because I believe Shawn will return sometime in the future, just not as a full-time wrestler. I feel he will wrestle again next Wrestlemania and possibly make sporadic appearances over the next few years. There will be no need for a "Ric Flair-esque" retirement celebration.

The Undertaker, on the other hand; will take his usual extended time off post-Wrestlemania. I don't think any explanation is needed as the fans are used to his hiatuses by now.

So what about Sheamus? With the Undertaker's time off, Triple H's short break, and Shawn Michael's retirement, where does that leave Sheamus? Who does he feud with, and why did he get involved with Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels? Well, the answer is simple. Triple H, Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels, and the other powerful WWE employees are very high on Sheamus and feel he is the future of the company. In my opinion, Sheamus will reveal on Monday Night Raw his motives for interfering in the match. Sheamus will say that Shawn has been in the WWE for 25 years, and the Undertaker's streak started in 1991. Shawn has had PLENTY of time and opportunities to end the Undertaker's streak, but he BLEW it. He was too busy feuding with other superstars, "finding himself", recovering from injuries, etc. over the past 20 years, and when he had the chance last year to end the Undertaker's streak, he failed. But now his time is over and so is his career. It is now Sheamus' time, and he wants to be the one to end the Undertaker's streak next Wrestlemania.

And obviously, with the Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H taking time off, Sheamus will not have to deal with any of those superstars for the time being. He can move on to a new feud, probably involving one of the World Championships. This will allow Sheamus to continue his massive momentum and hopefully become a legitimate rival for any of the three in the future. The WWE can then decide over the next several months whether they should put Sheamus in a rematch against Triple H, faceoff against Shawn Michaels at Summerslam or Wrestlemania, or continue planting the seeds leading up to Undertaker vs. Sheamus at Wrestlemania 27.

All in all, I think this scenario would clearly explain the hiatuses and retirement while simultaneously trying to vault a superstar to the next level leading to potentially solid feuds and grudge matches down the road.

yeah, i can see morrison doing that vs michaels soon... that would give morrison (if he wins) a big push and use shawn michaels as a good stepping stone. this would push morrison into the spotlight.

anyways, both shawn and taker left for a while last year without them giving any info on where they were or what happened. i'd assume they'd do this, this year. maybe having a farewell RAW to HBK like they did for Ric Flair and give him a proper send off... but as for having a storyline come out of this, i don't think they will.

I think Taker will pay Shawn back for last year's loss and not do a Hogan.....Shawn is really the only person who deserves to end the streak. No death is going to happen with Bret there; no one would do that with the response when he said Owen in the hall of fame. There may be interference for a best of 3....aka next year-but 3 top guys, Shawn, taker and triple H off TV; Batista is injury prone; Rey? Punk? not big enough to headline--just based on their previous runs with the ball--any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back