• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How would you book Bray Wyatt if he replaces Rusev in the Elimination Chamber?

NxtBigThing

Occasional Pre-Show
So with the reports of Rusev possibly out of the Elimination Chamber due to injury and Bray Wyatt replacing him I was thinking what be the best way to bring Wyatt in if he does replace Rusev. I think it be cool if Rusev did come down regardless if he can walk or not. He can say he doesn't care and one foot or not he can still beat all of them. While in the pod, the lights go out, and when they turn back on you have Wyatt in the pod with Rusev beating him mercifully. It could turn Rusev face, but give him a reason to go back with Lana. They could keep Rusev on tv without him wrestling and you'd have a fresh new storyline. It would also help Wyatt out as I think he needs something to prove he is the new face of evil and hopefully he would do more destruction to the other competitors. I think if they did that it be a great opportunity to give Wyatt the IC belt and have a program of him stalking Lana while Rusev is out which gives Wyatt a new feud when Rusev returns. So how would you book Wyatt if he does replace Rusev?

If Wyatt is in it, I would have him win it to swerve the Sheamus reports and to bring legitimacy back to the title. Afterwards, I would have him sit MITB out and attack Randy Orton costing him the MITB ladder match.I would have the two feud for the IC Title for a few months with Wyatt winning three (Summerslam,HIAC,NOC) and Orton (Battleground by DQ) winning once.

After that feud, I would have him feud with a returning Christian who wants "ONE MORE MATCH. The second matchup at TLC the rules is If Christian loses he must retire for good this time. Wyatt beats him and goes to assault Edge who is in Christian's corner....but then we hear "Oh you didn't know..." Road Dogg makes the save to set up a feud.

I know Road Dogg isn't a big name and that would be random as hell, but he has held the IC title and would have a good feud with Wyatt. Wyatt of course would win at RR. Not only would it help re-legitimize the Road Dogg and the NAO again because of a good match and feud. I would help legitimize Wyatt and the IC title because you have legends (Orton,Christian,RD) gunning for him and that title. Two even coming out of retirement for that opportunity.

I would even have him beat him down post match,but Billy Gunn runs down and immediately receives Sister Abragail and then Triple H comes out and get's in his face and Wyatt backs down.

I would have it lead to Triple H vs Bray Wyatt for the IC Title at WrestleMania. It would legitimize the IC title and Bray Wyatt if he goes over.

Some may say Triple H competing for the IC title at WrestleMania "your crazy!!!", But Cena competed for a less prestigious title and won it at Mania this year.

He would ultimately drop it to Finn Balor or Triple H later down the line.

Bray Wyatt is considered a main event talent, so if he doesn't win the IC title against a bunch of mid carders then I don't know what to do with him. They could have put others in this match to take Rusev's spot, but I'm assuming Wyatt is there to either cause havoc or to help Sheamus. Which makes no sense either because he's not known for helping others out.

In any case like I said, if he can't win the title against the group he's in there with, where does that put him against the rest of the roster?

Wouldn't even have him announced as a participant. I would make it seem as if they're only going to go ahead with 5 competitors and than when the countdown for the last pod runs out, lights go out, Wyatt appears in the ring and SA's a couple people (Truth, Ryback) to quickly eliminate them. I'd have him win the damn thing... why not?

If Bray Wyatt is in there, and he doesn't win, that's evidence that the WWE has lost faith in him. But who can blame them? He's atrocious in the ring, he's meandering and nonsensical on the mic. He's had plenty of time to really work on what is probably the most unique gimmick in the WWE, but he's shitting all over his chances (unless he HAS been working hard, and he's just maxed out). He's horribly overrated, BUT, he's still fighting in a near Main Event level. If they put him in the match, and he doesn't win, that's the WWE telling him that they're through giving him chance after chance after chance after chance and watching him squander them.

Bray Wyatt is considered a main event talent, so if he doesn't win the IC title against a bunch of mid carders then I don't know what to do with him. They could have put others in this match to take Rusev's spot, but I'm assuming Wyatt is there to either cause havoc or to help Sheamus. Which makes no sense either because he's not known for helping others out.

In any case like I said, if he can't win the title against the group he's in there with, where does that put him against the rest of the roster?

Yes I gotta agree with this. I corroborate completely on this. I don't want to see Bray Wyatt get pinned once again. Then what's the point in the new Face of Fear? He did nothing so elemental about it. If they're gonna put him in the match, they should make him win. Else just don't our him in there. Make the match between Bo and Neville as the fight for the spot that Rusev left.

Cheers!!

Well, there is no point in turning Rusev face. There have been far too many turns recently. Bray, if they feud, as a tweener would be the 'face'. I do like the idea of having the lights go out and Bray appear in the pod, but I'd have Rusev out until he is healthy. Bray can feud with Sheamus as his first 'face' feud, and then when Rusef is healthy, Bray vs Rusev.

However, I would not be at all surprised if it turned out that Bryan's injury has been a work all the way along and he ends up in the match is Rusev's spot.

If Bray Wyatt does have to replace Rusev tonight then they should have Bray attack Rusev to "cause" the injury so it could set up something between those two later down the road. The rivalry between Rusev and Ziggler could continue as well just by Lana staying with Ziggler. When Rusev returns he could destroy Ziggler in an unexpected attack and put him out for a while, then focus on Wyatt. Rusev vs. Wyatt could be a huge series of matches benefiting both guys. Then have Ziggler come back to work on getting payback on Rusev which could get him even more over as baby face than he already is. This would be a long-term story line but if WWE would be willing to put the effort in I think it could work, be great, and benefit all involved.

Rusev is already a heel in a program vs Lana and Ziggler. It wouldn't make sense for Wyatt to attack him and turn him face. Kane can just insert Wyatt into the match, there doesn't need to be a reason. I've been really enjoying Sheamus' heel run, but he's not feuding with anyone specific right now and an IC title run seems pretty boring for me. If Wyatt is added he wins. Plain and simple.

Wyatt is supposed to be this frightening force, maybe the strap gives him some fuel to back it up. There's no faces in the match that WWE are currently protecting, so Wyatt can win clean, and he should. Some say Wyatt's character doesn't jive with titles, I'd disagree. Talking to the title as if it contains essence or souls of its past holders could be interesting. He doesn't have to be the Undertaker, his first title doesn't need to be the World.

Wyatt can't go in and lose to midcarders. Truth has no direction, Ryback is in the same boat, and Ziggler is busy with Rusev. Sheamus is doing a decent job as heel, but he's not quite there. We've had Sheamus as midcard champ for most of last year, World Champ as most of the year before that. Sheamus holding a title isn't that interesting, we've seen it. We haven't seen Wyatt with the title.

Wyatt can't lose to a bunch of midcarders. Even losing to former World champ Sheamus makes no sense. The strap should go somewhere new and exciting. If Wyatt's in, he pins Ziggler or Ryback last. I'd prefer Ziggler as the two will likely put on the best finish based on skill. Ryback chases the IC title through the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back