How will you plan your "slate" for the Redemption cycle?

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
I figure most of us, when we RP, have different methods that we use to shape this "slate" or empty canvas that we're given at the start of each new PPV cycle. This canvas serves as the basis of the picture we hope to complete at the end of the cycle, but how do we plan?

1.) We plan round to round as randomly as they come because we don't have a theme [feud] and we don't see a completed picture, and each win or loss shapes the overall story we're going for, and in turn creates the puzzle pieces for us to make the picture.

This would be short term planning based squarely on the outcomes of each round.

2.) We see a completed picture in our mind on the blank canvas for the end of the cycle. We have a theme [feud], and we create each puzzle piece around a particular side story or umbrella story from the feud, and only tweak them per round based on wins and losses, but the overall picture remains in our minds.

This is careful long term planning where the outcomes of each each round don't really matter.

3.) We don't see a completed picture, but we have a theme [feud] that may be shaped by each round as they come. The puzzle pieces will vary how they fall into place as when we tweak the theme as each round passes. Our character wins, our side story or umbrella story gains momentum. We lose and we have to change the story so we don't lose momentum.

This is long term planning where the overall picture is based squarely on the outcomes of each round.

4.) We don't have a theme [feud], but at the same time we see the completed picture or at least have an idea of one. Each round we may play off the themes or stories of our opponents in order to help us shape our own, as it fits into the picture that we ultimately want to see in the end.

This is short term planning, but the outcomes of each round don't really matter because we see the picture with our character inevitably being created as we see it anyway.

For the KC cycle I was the 2nd type of planning. Funkay and I had a theme and we tweaked the picture accordingly as we went. Ultimately it turned out pretty close to the picture I had in my mind at the end of the LL cycle. For the Redemption cycle I see myself using the 4th type of planning since a picture of what I want is there in my mind, but no feuds are set in stone yet.

So the question is what type of planning do you plan on using for the Redemption cycle to shape the picture on your slate?

1) Demand world championship match
2) Use creative clout to acquire it
3) ????
4) Win title

I've had my plan since the third week of the KC cycle.

If anything, all I have to worry about is going too far into the tournament, and ruining the point of that plan

I guess I would go with 2?

I just have a long term goal to reach and each ppv is a "milestone" towards it. Win or loss the theme adjusts the tone of the story. I also use location and lots of NPCs.

Number 4 for JGlass and Saboteur. I know what Sab is doing at the PPV, and I know what's going on for this cycle, but what happens after the PPV will be based on the results of my match.

Please tell me you're turning heel

If he keeps talking about swag, he's not going to have a choice. I'm going to push the big red button that turns people from faces to heels.

The heels to faces button is blue so we don't get confused.

If he keeps talking about swag, he's not going to have a choice. I'm going to push the big red button that turns people from faces to heels.

If I ever get on creative, I'll use that button with so much malice, people will think I'm Vince Russo

I guess tweener is green, or is it grey?

That's right, Blade's on creative again... welp, we're fucked if he can use creative clout. At least I was humble; I don't think I ever used it once.

That's right, Blade's on creative again... welp, we're fucked if he can use creative clout. At least I was humble; I don't think I ever used it once.

Didn't he also not have an alignment for, like, ever?

I remember Doctor jumping for joy that he chose one

The only time I ever really had a long term plan and thought out a RP well in advance of writing it it ended up kind of sucking (when I faced Barbosa for the KFAD case) so I think I'll just stick with randomly doing shit.

I guess I should actually answer the question....

I think of all cycles as their own mini-arc; each one offering a little more information, while bringing back certain things I want to be important down the road. When I first learned I was facing FalKon, I had a fairly constructive idea on where I wanted to take the character, and just let the cards call as they may. If I lost, it didn't affect me; just work that into the progression. I just want to try and synch up what my character is doing in RP's, with what he's doing on telly.

So, I guess I try and be spontaneous, but I have min-arcs to mark my progression, as well. And all of it should lead to Kingdom Come next year, where after that I will rinse and repeat

We've never had a tweener button. I think one day Blade came along and asked "what would happen if I hit the buttons at the same time?" Ever since then, Blade has been a crafty bugger who never gave up his key to the Creative board room and when we weren't looking, he would sneak into there and do the double button slap and make one of the roster members a tweener.

Thus why Blade is back on creative.

I like pushing buttons.

Also, tweeners can work dammit! Screw Lee and Phoenix and Ty and all the Creative heads who told me not to be a tweener!

I pulled it off, man.

Unless you ask Doc. Or possibly JGlass.

I don't usually plan out, so far in advance anyway, my RP cycle. That said, the first few RP's in any new characters development are probably going to be the ones that set up the characters personality.

With that in mind, I have a rough idea of how my first few cycles will go and how bit will shape Bobby Adams.

I guess tweener is green, or is it grey?

Tweening's cheating.

SHIT is a great example of a working tweener.

Oh yeah...

Nah, SHIT's a face. You should hear when promo-mode is engaged.

Lol true, if there is one thing I miss about not doing so many promo's anymore it was thinking of S.H.I.T's unique way of running down its opponents. Barbosa wrote a terrific promo mode moment once, I think that's the one you're thinking of.

As to the question, number 4 I think, I have an overall plan but I try to write as organically (I know) as possible with the end-game in mind, that way I can make allowances for who I am facing and things happening in the fed that change what happens for the long term with my RP's, so basically I write week to week not worrying about what happens next, because what happens happens. Sort of like when you go on a road trip with an ideal destination in mind but have a tendency to get side-track in, oh I don't know, just about every pub and beach on the way there and then if you never reach it, or end up going somewhere else, so what? Fun was had.

I usually have an arch for each cycle that varies based off what happens at the PPV. Sometimes, for events like Kingdom Come, I'll spend two-cycles building up to the event. However, sometimes, like this year, I don't exactly make it to the match I intended to be at. It's what I love about the competitive based fed, though. You never know what you are going to get, even if you are on creative, and then you have to adapt.

For me right now, the first couple of RP's I write are going to be all character development/backstory. Once I get involved in a feud, the RP's will become more oriented towards storyline development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back