• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Well Can Christian Fit Into Raw?

I think he'll fit just great if they give him some mic time.

I think there's a good chance that this will happen:

Christian wins MITB at Wrestlemania. Edge beats Jericho for the belt. Christian "out-Edges" Edge by cashing in and taking his former partner's newly won title right then and there.
You seriously think there will be 3 changes to the WHC holder over the course of 2 PPVs? I HIGHLY doubt it. Jericho needs to beat Edge to regain any integrity that he lost by leaning on HBK's interference to win the WHC in the first place. I know a lot of people think Jericho is a transitional champion and is just holding the title and keeping it warm for Edge, but that is ridiculous, and if the WWE wants to really build up the Edge/Jericho feud, they need Jericho to win at WM.

As for Christian...I don't know. He deserves a push but I don't think MITB is the right place for that push as there are too many good young stars that also deserve a push who would be more fit to win MITB. I think Christian is just in that match to make it a better overall match. Everybody knows Christian can put on one hell of a ladder match. I hope they finally let Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, or Dolph Ziggler get a shot at MITB.

The GOOD news is that Christian is on Raw and finally on one of the two bigger rosters, where he belongs. The BAD news is that he's on Raw, which already has a top face, he could have potentially become the top face of Smackdown. At least he's not on the same brand as Edge though. He might not become the top face but at least he doesn't have to worry about Edge overshadowing him. I think Christian will fit in great on Raw. The main event scene is a bit full.... but he could be in the upper midcard putting some guys over and occasionally main eventing, getting a few world title shots here and there. His first WWE World title reign is coming soon, I'm sure of it. I'm very glad that Christian is back on Raw, he's going to do great there because we all know he's capable of putting on awesome matches and feuds.

I see a lot of possibilities for christian a feud w/ the miz would make entertaining promos both are great on the mic and in the ring christian could carry their matches as the miz continously improve his in-ring work. He could hold the U.S. belt or if wwe plans him to make the money in the bank winner he could be wwe champion or go to smackdown( I prefer the second choice as edge,jericho and christian would be a feud of EPIC proportions!!!)

So i read that Christian has gone to Raw as a result of the 'ECW free agent' thing they're doing now, and all i could think was, "Oh no!"

Granted i wasn't as upset about that as i was to hear that Taker/HBK II will be career vs streak, but it was still upsetting.

Why you may ask? Why would you not want Christian as part of the flagship show, when he can have all these great fueds with so and so, or such and such, blah, blah, blah.

Because they blatantly won't do anything with him, that's why!

Despite putting on consistently good matches and having the crowd behind him from the minute he re-appeared on WWE tv, Vince McMahon won't push him, because he 'knows' better than us.

He's such a successful billionaire because he knows better than to listen to what we actually want. Oh wait, he's not a billionaire..... so then surely.....?

I'd love to see Christian rise to the ME tier ASAP, but it's not going to happen on Raw. Christian will now become Raw's equivalent of Kane. Jobber, that every now and then, will be made to look dominant. He'll beat nobodies, and every now and then he'll beat someone higher up than him, but any fued he finds himself in is likely to end with him flat on his back having just been pinned by some idiot that Vince is trying to force us to like.

He already lost to Sheamus didn't he?

Raw is where mid-carders take their careers to die. In the last year only Miz, Kofi and Sheamus have had any impact on RAW at all. Everyone else has been forgotten or kicked out to make room for more nobodies.

Swagger, Bourne, Carlito, Primo, Kennedy, MVP, Cryme Tyme, Lance Cade. These are all guys that were put on Raw after making an impact on a different show, that have ended up doing next to fuck all during their entire run on Raw. Kofi, Sheamus, Punk, Miz, Lashley and Umaga are the only 5 guys in the last 3 years that i can think of that actually have done something since being part of RAW.

When they're willing to put more time and emphasis on William Regal as the GM, than the young guys in the mid-card, i struggle to have any faith in Vince McMahon to use Christian to his full potential.

We love him, Vince doesn't, so Christian and all of us have to go without, just because Vince doesn't agree.

I hope i'm wrong, i seriously do, but i doubt i am.

Well what do you know? Christian ended up on Raw. Surprising for sure. From this point forward, it's do or die for Christian. I never saw Christian's first WWE run but from what I've heard, he was basically buried by Cena. But now Christian is riding a great wave of momentum coming off a dominant ECW Championship reign and now qualifying for MITB at Wrestlemania (I thought WWE was scrapping that? Ah but that's a topic for another thread). Who knows? Maybe Christian will actually be utilized properly this time around. He deserves to be on the bigger of the two shows but he could always get lost in the clusterfuck that is the Raw midcard.

I foresee a good feud with Miz and a good US title reign. Maybe he'll compete for the WWE title every now and again and maybe even win. He can also acknowlege that he is the longest reigning (WW)ECW Champion to establish his credibility. But only time will tell what will happen next for him. I'd like to see him win MITB and immediately establish himself as a credible WWE title condender but at the same time, I don't want to see him get squashed by Cena or Batista or whoever is champ. It's sink or swim now for Christian.

Even though I have been clamoring for Christian to be sent to Smackdown for months and months now, I'm actually not upset that he's been placed on Raw. Why? Because I think the WWE are slowly planting the seeds for an Edge-Christian feud after Mania (I just don't see Edge being the face of Smackdown, he's been on that show for years now). As long as it's leading in that direction, I have zero problem with this and in fact I'm really looking forward to seeing Christian on Raw each week if this is the case. And considering how he's already been picked as the favorite of MITB after quickly winning his qualifier this Monday, I really do believe he will go on to win the Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania, and he'll use that title shot against Edge. Now, if I am correct and this is what the WWE is thinking...fucking Bravo to the McMahons for getting something right, because that would be the best thing I've seen in years. I simply cannot wait for the inevitable Edge/Christian feud, and oh baby it IS coming.

Christian can fit in freakin well on RAW-If he turns heel.

If anyone can do it, it's him. He's been a heel before, and a darn good one at that. He would give Raw a much needed heel as well as faces clog the main event scene. Heck, even at out cancelled ppv, Survivor Series, we had 3 faces against each other for the title.

As much as I love Christian as a face, his cockiness and attitude are suited for that of a heel. Remember when he was doing commentary on ECW right before the Rumble, and he brought a list of questins for the announcers to ask him because he said the last ones they asked him were stupid. That's a heelish type of move, or at least a tweener.

So here's where Christian comes in. We assume Cena wins the belt back at Wrestlemania, and defends it in a stipulation match against Batista at Extreme Rules(they got rid of Backlash.) I know it's been done before, but Christian wins money in the bank, and then procedes to freakin annihilate Cena with a con-chair-to.

He then cashes in his MITB priviledge by easily defeating a worn down Cena, and wins the world title. His explanation for his actions could be that he was sick and tired of being overlooked on that "third rate" show, and being left off of PPV's. He touched on that before when he had his ladder match with Shelton, just not as a heel He can say he did what he had to do, which was take the WWE title, ensuring he'll never be left off of a ppv again.

He then blame his peeps for being left off of ppv's. He can claim that if they were clamoring for him so much, and in his corner, they would have flooded WWE with calls and emails demanding he be put on EVERY PPV. Even if they did, it didn't happen, so he's got a window there too.

So you get mega-heat for Christian immediately. I know the guy is immensely popular, but so was Jericho, and to a slightly lesser extent, CM Punk. Both of those guys turned on a popular face, as well as the fans, and wound up hated.

Who better to do it against then arguably the company's no.1 face, John Cena? If something of this nature doesn't happen, he'll get lost in the shuffle like Kofi has right now. To me, you have to turn him heel in order to have him find a place on the roster.

Either that, or have him form a tag team with Kofi and have them take the tag titles from ShowMiz, but that would be a slight step down for both. If you want to keep him relevant and in the mix, preferably the main event picture, then turning him heel is the way to go.

All of this, of course, is dependent on him winning MITB, and also what direction they go with the draft. Having him on Raw could be a bait and switch, and he could be drafted to Smackdown. Or vice versa, you have Edge being drafted back to Raw. That would make for a compelling feud as well, and WWE has been throwing subtle hints since Backlash last year that it will happen. Now you have Edge as an Uber-face, and Christian can be the heel. I know this dynamic was done before, but it was in the mid-card, and furthermore, it clicked! Plus it was a long time ago, so alot of people weren't even watching wrestling back then.(Like the kiddies)

Either way they do it, Christian needs to be a heel for it to happen and him not languish in the midcard. And I do think he will turn heel, and will fit nicely on Raw. It's just a matter of against who.

I don't know how well Christian will fit in on RAW. Personally I love the guy and I think he has been poorly utilized by the WWE historically and currently. Christian has all the tools to be successful, but he could very well get lost in the shuffle on RAW. There is not enough room for the guys who have already been established as upper mid card - main event talent, and now with the addition of Batista to the RAW roster, Christian has yet another obstacle to overcome.

christian has raised the raw rating this week. chirstian=ratings. i prey to god he wins the mitb and cashes it in on john cena at wm26 and win. that would be awesome.

Christian can fit in perfectly on Raw. Raw has a major lack of main event-level faces. John Cena is there, biggest face in the company (whether I like him or not). Triple H is there, but up until this point he and HBK have been doing their tired DX bit, so he hasn't been in that category. I would mention HBK in this category, but...1. He is playing the heel role with Taker. 2. Even though he could return from that feud and get a face pop whenever he wants, it looks though he will be taking time off after Mania. Randy Orton is bouncing around in the tweener section. One night, he gets the biggest pop on the show (usually when he does something really bad to Ted or Cody).

I really think this opens things up for Christian on Raw. With MITB coming up at Mania, I think he has a damn good chance at taking the briefcase. I think other guys have a slim chance, but I don't think guys like Kofi, Ted, Cody, or MVP are likely to get the WWE Championship, at least I hope not (not YET for Ted or Cody, not real big on Kofi personally, and I hope MVP NEVER gets the title).

Unless the WWE plans on giving Cena the title for like a year, I see a Christian title reign coming up soon. It will probably be more along the lines of CM Punks first reign, short and sweet. But I think behind Triple H and Cena, he is their biggest face now. And to give the WWE title a fresh champion, Christan could be the next face in line for that.

IMO, I believe that right now Christian is getting a HUGE push, he is getting put into the MItB match this year and out of the 4 announced people competing in the match he needs this more.

I don't know, but I think WWE made a big mistake.
Just like Christian back in his first run with the WWE had had been always a mid carder not a main eventer, but after he jump shifted into SD! he fits in more with it!

Well i just saw the poster for the ppv...fatal four way, and hes on the cover..actually its just him, so im pretty sure there about to do big things with him..considering they just dont put anyone on the cover..so this looks like hell probably main eventing or lower main event....hopefully this goes far

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back