• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you think Undertaker's career will end?

Doomsday Device

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ive always thought that Taker's career will end at the Survivor Series. Since thats where he began. But now since theres been rumors of wwe taking out the Survivor Series ppv name Im not sure. I dont think it would be at a Wrestlemania, because of his streak.

I couldnt imagine who would be the one to retire him. It would be cool if they did some theatrical stuff like they used to. Like put him in a coffin or bury him. Or taken way by those druids.

How do you guys think it'll end with Taker.

There is a part of me that wishes The Undertakers career will never end you know, maybe WWE will just have him come back only at Wrestle Mania every year, just to keep the streak alive. The reason why i say that is because the dead man is the only reason why i still watch WWE t.v. Overall when that day comes when the Undertaker steps down i have a feeling it will either be a casket match or a buired alive match against somebody the WWE hopes will be the New "Undertaker" or the when he is finally beaten at Maina he will step down, but when it comes to wrestling you always have to expect the unexpected

If the undertaker loses his last match i dont want it to be at wrestlemania because his streak should remain intact, unless they can find one person who really deserves it and it wont be wasted on. But either way i think they should give him a nice sendoff like they did for flair because he deserves it for being such a hard worker thru the years.

With today's current roster I cant really think of anyone who could fit the position of ending Taker's career. Most likely it should be someone who's been around for a while, not some up and coming person. Michaels would be a perfect candidate but right now its his own career in jeopardy not Taker's.

Who do you guys think deserves to be the one who finally ends it for Taker, if it was to happen this year or the next.

If it has to happen in the next couple years i would say CM Punk will be the one to do it. He is one of the top heels but he hasnt accomplished as much as the other guys. It would also help his main event status. Plus taker and punk havent really had a good one on one match together.

First off if creative decide to end the streak, then it's got to be when Taker retires, they build the streak as a sort of lifeforce, and when/if it ends then that should see the end of Taker too.
Secondly, I'd say if they decide to end the streak it has to be to someone they have total confidence in to be a star, and seeing as creative seemingly have such little confidence in any but the top guys, why not.....

If (and its a big if) the wwe ever decided to go ahead with a cena heel turn, then what better way would there be than to end Taker's streak, and subsequently his career.
Have the match we seemed to be heading towards this year in either of the next two WM's, with Cena saying that as much as he respects Taker and his accomplishments (usual Cena rubbish) he'll do whatever it takes to end the streak and prove himself to the doubters and those that boo him week in week out.
Cena would be booed out the building by the majority of the crowd in a WM match with Taker as it is. By having the match start off as a face vs face, fair fought match, with Cena building more and more visibly frustrated with every 2 count, and having him snap and win with some total heel tactics, (Choking out Taker with his Chain/Tags in an STF) Making the phenom tap out to not only end the streak, but by doing so retiring the Undertaker himself, would give Cena one of the biggest and most shocking heel turns ever.Even the screaming kids would be hard pushed to love him after that.
Have him run his mouth off week after week post WM about how hes better than Taker and how he's the only superstar in the history of the WWE to be good enough to end the streak, and worst of all blame the fans for doubting him and booing him so much that they drove him to turn against them.
Let the inevitable post WM face champ come out and argue how he's instead the best cause he won the belt fair and square,lead this into a massive feud between the beloved face champ on Raw and have Cena doing beatdowns and steal the title after another hard fought match, through more heel tactics, and you've set him up as one of the most hated stars in the company.

And on the subject of a theatrical exit, it cant really be anything other than Taker in the middle of the ring, on one knee, hand raised, as he does, head bowed to the crowd as a thank you, as the druids carry a coffin down to ringside, Taker rises and climbs in, the druids seal it shut and carry it to the top of the ramp, and set it alight. Have the coffin disappear in the flames, and it would be, imo, a dramatic, and effective sendoff.

(First Post..Apologies if it sucks!) :icon_neutral:

If (and its a big if) the wwe ever decided to go ahead with a cena heel turn, then what better way would there be than to end Taker's streak, and subsequently his career. :icon_neutral:

If Cena ends Taker's streak and career I will be so pissed. The man is already the freaking "golden boy" and ending Taker's career isn't something he really needs to do. I was hoping he would end his career at Survivor Series but Vince had to get rid of it because he obviously had a dumbass moment and blamed the fans for a bad buyrate win it was creatives fault for not building up a PPV properly.

If Cena ends Taker's streak and career I will be so pissed.

Exactly why it would be perfect if they want ever want to go full on with a Cena heel turn, there's no other reason why he should be the one except to turn 99.9% of the fans (including the kids) against him. He might as well be a heel to anyone but the kids, but thats pretty much just cos we're fed up with him. End Taker's streak, and cheat to do it, and the majority of us are gonna have total hatred for the guy. :)

I say if Ted DiBiase jr. is over enough in a year and a half (roughly) he should fight Taker in his last match at Survivor Series. WWE does have SS on their ppv schedule again so it will probably be there or maybe they could retire the ppv itself there as well.

But I say DiBiase because his father was technically the one who brought Taker in to be part of the million dollar team in the first place. It would be a fitting outro. And his father should be in his corner. It would be a VERY workable storyline. And I'd love it! ...IF DiBiase is over enough by then. He probably will be.

First I think they should see if Taker will make it to 20-0 @ WM. Whats he at? 18-0 now? And work a very limited schedule until then. What do you guys think of that?

I don't believe the streak will end this year, simply because WWE could REALLY push it the year Taker retires have the Rumble winner, opt to face Undertaker (never been done before) and only if it's someone young, worthy and not going to leave wrestling in say years time, then I'm cool for the streak to be broken, however not by HBK, or HHH or anyone in the Twilight of their career, it needs to be someone who can brag about ending the streak who killed the Undertaker off.

The only fitting way I could see him going out would be to re-hash an old storyline, Royal Rumble 1994, the casket match, and literally have some of his old faces return and help the guy win, like Jake Roberts, Mark Henry, HBK, Edge (if he's heel) Orton (if he's heel), Kane, among others who aren't former Mania opponants, and literally have them help kill the Undertaker off.

Personally I'd like to see some camara work done, with psychology being used and the Undertaker being tormented by Paul Bearer about it being time to rest in peace etc etc, do it where the Undertaker is literally fighting himself to the point when the match takes place we know he's mentally gone, it's just a physical thing then have him be beating down, then dumped in a casket and taken off, and NEVER return, unless it's to collect his HOF.

I don't believe the streak will end this year, simply because WWE could REALLY push it the year Taker retires have the Rumble winner, opt to face Undertaker (never been done before) and only if it's someone young, worthy and not going to leave wrestling in say years time, then I'm cool for the streak to be broken, however not by HBK, or HHH or anyone in the Twilight of their career, it needs to be someone who can brag about ending the streak who killed the Undertaker off.

The only fitting way I could see him going out would be to re-hash an old storyline, Royal Rumble 1994, the casket match, and literally have some of his old faces return and help the guy win, like Jake Roberts, Mark Henry, HBK, Edge (if he's heel) Orton (if he's heel), Kane, among others who aren't former Mania opponants, and literally have them help kill the Undertaker off.

Personally I'd like to see some camara work done, with psychology being used and the Undertaker being tormented by Paul Bearer about it being time to rest in peace etc etc, do it where the Undertaker is literally fighting himself to the point when the match takes place we know he's mentally gone, it's just a physical thing then have him be beating down, then dumped in a casket and taken off, and NEVER return, unless it's to collect his HOF.

I personally Love this Idea, It reminds me of how some story lines used to be back in the day.

I believe that at Survivor Series is the best way to do it, If you will end that PPV, I would do it with the exit of the Deadman.

I would really like his career to end with a passing of the torch to the shawn michaels of this era... that's right John Morrison. The E touched on the Jomo being the next HBK with the mini-feud he had with The Miz. I would love them to bring back this storyline at next years WM and John MOrrison stating that he will do what Shawn could never do... beat Taker at Mania kind of storyline. I remember reading a while back that if Taker's streak were to end, it would be more likely be to a young star who Taker great potential in. Just an idea, but I think it would have an awesome build, and boost start the rest of JoMos career.

I think it will happen in about two years, at a little show called Wrestlemania.

But as for his most famous aspect of his career, apparently, his streak will remain. He is going to beat Shawn Michaels this year, and then get to go on and face someone next year, perhaps John Cena. People will once again worry about the streak, but Taker will win again.

I suspect his last Wrestlemania will be the next year when he faces someone like Triple H for the second time. Who better to lost to Taker than Triple H. There will be a moment of silence afterwards, and I think his retirement will not be talked about but assumed. it will be brought up weeks leading up to the match. Then after the match, the lights will go off, and he will be gone.

I"m sure Taker's send off will be handled correctly however they choose to do it. Any wishes Taker has most likely will be honored. This guy has been the backbone of the WWE for years. Given his old school ways I just wonder who he'll put over on the way out. Every talks Cena, HBK, Orton, Edge...but they're made already. I'm thinking Taker will choose an up and coming wrestler. Ziggler, Swagger, Kofi, Morrison, MacIntire, Shaemus, etc. Hell, if one of them shows enough promise in the next year it could be someone from NXT, though I highly doubt it.
However they send him off I hope it is HUGE. Bigger than Ric Flair's send off. Not dissin Flair but I think Taker deserves one hell of a party.
When it does come to pass it'll be bittersweet. I remember watching his debut as a kid. It'll be great to see how they send him off, yet sad to see him go.

I think Taker's retiring must be an unforgettable one.Creative team must spend a lot of time to find the appropriate way to do so.

I think there are some ways:1- Taker doesn't retire till WM 28 and when he is 20-0 , They involve Paul Bearer and he takes the Undertaker for away.

2-Somebody beat Taker @ WM and then at some other point Taker beat that person and then leave because he will have no reason to stay.And mark my words I think Cena will do it and will turn heel during the match.It could be the biggest turn in history.Then He can continue the feud with Taker and have Taker beat him in HIAC or somewhere else , and it is over.Taker can say there is no more streak , and after beating Cena there is no soul to take, so he must leave.

The most exciting part of his retirement is that someday he should be inducted into HoF.How the hell they will do that.Can a dead man come out in a suit and thank his fans and shake hands for the crowd?!It will be intersting to watch how they will do Taker's HoF ceremony.

Ive always thought that Taker's career will end at the Survivor Series. Since thats where he began. But now since theres been rumors of wwe taking out the Survivor Series ppv name Im not sure. I dont think it would be at a Wrestlemania, because of his streak.

I couldnt imagine who would be the one to retire him. It would be cool if they did some theatrical stuff like they used to. Like put him in a coffin or bury him. Or taken way by those druids.

How do you guys think it'll end with Taker.

I like your Idea of the theatrical stuff. Maybe have him in the coffin and then a surprise someone comes out and lights the casket on fire to end the deadmans career at hopefully survivor series. Oh yeah i almost forgot, so here ill play it out in your heads. Taker loses his match to lets say HHH just for the sake of saying someone, ok so he loses to him, the druids bring a coffin down and taker climbs in with a camera shot over his face he rolls his eyes into his head as the lid shuts the druids wheel the casket up to the top of the ramp. then Kane's music hits! he comes out and says that HHH doesnt get the satisfaction of truly getting rid of the deadman, He (kane) does and he does his thing where he raises his arms and brings them down and lights the casket on fire and watches as it burns. then as the casket is burning. Takers music hits the lights go completely out and when the lights are back on the casket is gone and left in its place is Undertakers hat that he wears down to the ring.

thats just my mind being creative but i thought it would be a cool way to end it. I couldnt think of anyone else to use for Takers opponent though besides HHH so sorry about that.

There is a part of me that wishes The Undertakers career will never end you know, maybe WWE will just have him come back only at Wrestle Mania every year, just to keep the streak alive. The reason why i say that is because the dead man is the only reason why i still watch WWE t.v. Overall when that day comes when the Undertaker steps down i have a feeling it will either be a casket match or a buired alive match against somebody the WWE hopes will be the New "Undertaker" or the when he is finally beaten at Maina he will step down, but when it comes to wrestling you always have to expect the unexpected

That's exactly what I've always said and some ppl have argued against it, but it is doable for him to appear every WrestleMania there after

We had a thread last year on who would induct him and I really am starting to wonder now if they may wait till he's dead for character reasons and he may be "out of place" as he never even appears at all at the HOF with the others in the audience
I also wonder if Vince wants to wait till he dies

I dont see why, but really I'd like to hear both their speeches

Just a side thought, anyway I see his last match at Mania because you can go out on top

I just really wonder if they'll wait till he's dead and I think it's not odd to ask considering he isnt allowed to do much like contract signings either because of his gimmick

I'd like Undertaker to reform the Ministry, but with new members replacing everyone except Kane. All new members (including Ted DiBiase) would be people who had the potentional to become the "next phenom" of sorts. They would dominate WWE for about a year. Towards the end, bad things would start to happen like the lights turning off in Takers matches, members being attacked etc. Undertaker wins the WWE title (leading to his first long term reign), Paul Bearer returns. Then while Undertaker is distracted Kane would come out from under the ring and tombstone Undertaker.

Paul Bearer would say its taken 6 years for him to return but he wants to end Undertaker's career once and for all, Kane agrees and says he has never been able to defeat Undertaker and wants to destroy the shadow he lives in. This leads to an epic 3 month long rivalry. They have 3 PPV matches, with their second being a non title casket match that Kane would win. Paul Bearer and Kane would try to set the casket on fire but Undertaker would break out and attack them, lock Kane inside the casket and set it on fire with Kane inside. This leads to Kane returning masked.

They have an inferno match at Survivor Series which Undertaker wins to end their rivalry and Kane won't be seen for months. After the match The Million Dollar Man arrives and says he has decided it is time to end Undertaker's career. He brings Ted DiBiase out who reveals he only joined the Ministry to learn everything about Undertaker so that when the day came, he could defeat him. The Million Dolar Man then says he begun his career, and now his son will end it.

The Undertaker and Ted DiBiase have a huge 5 month rivalry in which the DiBiase's would involve and bring back significant people from Undertaker's past. It end with a WWE title match at Wrestlemania 28, Undertaker's 20th WM, where Taker puts his streak (if hes undefeated), title and career on the line. The match would be a classic 30 minute encounter. During the match Kane returns and realigns with Undertaker. Taker wins and becomes 20 - 0. Paul Bearer returns after the match and say its time, the creatures of the night are calling him etc and holds up the urn. Undertaker then waits in the ring for a bit, looking to the audience before doing his signitare pose with the title and then lying it down in the middle of the ring, goes to the entrance, looks back to the audience and leaves.

Sorry it was long aha

i can remember hearing a rumour a couple of years ago, that the creative team does not get to decide on who ends takers streak, but taker is allowed to decide who ends his streak if he choses too..as far as who would induct him in the hall of fame when his time comes it has to be good old William Alvin "Bill" Moody aka percy pringle aka paul bearer

I think it will happen in about two years, at a little show called Wrestlemania.

But as for his most famous aspect of his career, apparently, his streak will remain. He is going to beat Shawn Michaels this year, and then get to go on and face someone next year, perhaps John Cena. People will once again worry about the streak, but Taker will win again.

I suspect his last Wrestlemania will be the next year when he faces someone like Triple H for the second time. Who better to lost to Taker than Triple H. There will be a moment of silence afterwards, and I think his retirement will not be talked about but assumed. it will be brought up weeks leading up to the match. Then after the match, the lights will go off, and he will be gone.

Dammit TM! now I have no reason to post in this thread except for completely 100% agreeing with you.
It would be the perfect way to leave people in shock, after winning his 20th match at Wrestlemania (cause I simply don't see Undertaker or WWE stopping at an odd number like, say 19)
All thou I don't know if Triple H should be the last one to fight the Undertaker.
I actually think it should be someone who he hasn't faced at Wrestlemania, and someone who is established so that it seems like a legit thing.
And there's two names that comes to mind, John Cena, which you have already mentioned, a perfect number 19, and then perhaps Chris Jericho.
But that's only if we decide to have a new name to actually face him, because if it's just another 2nd encounter, then Triple H fits just fine, or hell Kane could be a great final match for Undertaker, I mean why not his own brother to be his final match opponent?

There will have to be some mystery to end the Undertakers career, so that we're never really sure that he's gone forever, firstly it leaves him open to come back if he ever wanted to (though i'd hope not) and secondly it'd be sortta magical to have him burst into flames and never be heard of again or something, i mean imagine if he'd been coming to the ring the other week and the pyro went off in his face and he had run to the back and was never heard of again, people would be talking about it for years wondering if it was an actual accident, a kayfabe accident or caused by someone else, but either way Undertaker would be gone...least until his inevitable induction to the hall of fame of course

There is one problem with locking the Undertaker in a casket and setting it on fire, IT'S BEEN DONE OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Randy and Bob Orton did it, Kane has done it several times. Sometimes the posts on this site amaze me. You complain the WWE does nothing but reuse storylines, but again and again, you do nothing but wish to repeat history. Next I guess someone will want the streak to end via a Dusty finish.

Ok, time to come off the soapbox. I don't see there being an emotional sendoff in ring like what Flair had, not because the Undertaker doesn't deserve it, but because it's not his character. I think it would tarnish the reputation of the Undertaker if we saw everyone from the back coming out crying and hugging him.

Have a buildup to Wrestlemania 28 with everyone knowing that win, lose, or draw this is it for the Undertaker. Have him win to go 20-0, then simply walk away.

I'd love a Kane vs Undertaker Casket Match to end Takers career but it'd have to also take Kane out, put Taker in the casket burn it and have it open and pull Kane in with him, Double retirement it'd be amazing. I don't think that would happen Kane has a few more years left than Taker but it'd be a great end to two really amazing/fun superstars.

I'd love a Kane vs Undertaker Casket Match to end Takers career but it'd have to also take Kane out, put Taker in the casket burn it and have it open and pull Kane in with him, Double retirement it'd be amazing. I don't think that would happen Kane has a few more years left than Taker but it'd be a great end to two really amazing/fun superstars.

For some reason Ihonestly think when Kane and Undertaker retire, they actually retire together, We all know Kane is a glorified Jobber to teh stars, however Kane has always been a corner stone in WWE, he's had some of the more edgier storylines, some that could of been worked better some that creative messed up on.

Kane only has one pinfall win over the Undertaker (happened in May/June 1998, winner become 1# contender) I think it would be fitting if Kane won MITB (at mania26 and keeps it) Kane could openly admitted he's retiring say Next year at Wrestlemania, and that is when he's cashing in his case, so Vince could come out and say the fans deserve a MITB winner who's gunna cash in when they least expect it.. roll on the PPV (Gives a reason to why the PPV is happening) and Kane can go on his merry way, looking dominant against the jobbers, but have beat some of the top stars to give him the main event level feel, then come Royal Rumble he could come out and annouce he's going to face the Undertaker in his retirement match at Mania, the Streak on the line, Kane is 0-2 at Mania against Taker, and Taker has stated the only guy he'd willing and job to at Mania is Kane because he did it twice for Taker, and has done multiple jobs for him in the past.

So now Mania 27 we have Kane Vs Undertaker III maybe have Undertaker annouce that if he loses he'll retire so we've got the double retirement, and have Kane win CLEAN, get up look around in awe & amazement, Undertaker gets up and let them embrace, let Kane leave the ring and walk away and let the Undertaker take his final bow and then walk away.

I think it would be fitting if Kane won MITB (at mania26 and keeps it) Kane could openly admitted he's retiring say Next year at Wrestlemania, and that is when he's cashing in his case, so Vince could come out and say the fans deserve a MITB winner who's gunna cash in when they least expect it..

There's just two problems about that, or well one of them is a potential problem.
The first one (the potential problem) is that you'd figure WWE would have the MITB winner cash it in before the next MITB match occurs, which would be the PPV in summer, so Kane wouldn't be able to hold onto the briefcase until next Wrestlemania where I'm guessing from so much I understood of your post, that it's where you wanted Kane to cash it in right?

the 2nd problem would be that if Kane was to be able to hold onto the briefcase until next Wrestlemania, then it would be expiring on that night, because the MITB briefcase contract only allows the wrestler to cash it in before the next Wrestlemania, so it would become useless if Kane was to cash it in at the next Wrestlemania.

Besides, the last thing you mentioned, Undertaker taking his final bow, and the hugging and such, would be what I'd consider a break of kayfabe, because the only "honorable" kind of thing Undertaker does is the kneeling thing, so it really wouldn't work that well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back