How do you like to see stables break up?

Hulk Hogan's Brother

Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!
The formation of a stable is a pretty big event in the wrestling world. It usually generates a huge level of interest among wrestling fans and some companies even proclaim the formation of the said stable as possibly the biggest event in their company ever..(OH well TNA counts)

Something that possibly generates an equal amout of interest is when not everything is right within a stable ie its on the verge of breaking up. There are basically two ways that stables can break up:

1. Internally: This usually happens when a fellow stable mate(s) grows tired of his oppressive leader and revolts against him. It usually leads to a face turn for the guy who is revolting. It could put the guy over huge if this feud goes to plan.

2. Externally: This happens when a group of faces decide that enough is enough and form a group against the domineering stable. It usually leads to a multi man elimination match between the stable members and the group of faces with the stipulation being that the stable disbands if they happen to lose.

So I'm asking you which method do you like more. Would you like to see a stable being taken down by a group of faces( ie externally) or would you like to see a young guy within a stable stand up and revolt against the oppressive leader(ie internally)?

Personally I like to see a strife within the stable members with one of them turning against the leader( ie internally) for the following reasons:

1) Frankly this method elevates more people. The guys who feud with a stable get over whether they win or they lose. By letting a stable maate go over the leader you elevate one more guy who would not have been elevated had this group gotten taken down by a group of faces.

2) I may be nitpicking a bit here but the stiplulation of "if they lose they must disband" makes little sense to me. I mean on WWE a stable could actually disband by sending half of them to the other show. But that's not always been the case, has it? I mean the guys were in a stable before losing one match. So there is a chance that these guys still may be friends. So what's stopping them from working together again if they are on the same show?

But I guess that the method of break-up does depend as to what kind of a stable it is. We saw Evolution getting finished by the first method while a lot of guys think that nWo should have been consigned to history by the second method. So which is the method that works for you?

It's tough to say exactly what I like to see happen during the breakdown of stables. There's a lot of different ways of breaking them down, and if handled properly they can all be great in their own way.

I would however have to say a bit ala the Evolution kind of break-up is where it all lies for me. I don't want the top guy of the stable turning on the rest. I want the leader of the stable to go down with it, like Triple H did. Randy Orton left, Batista left, and Triple H kicked Ric Flair out more or less.

This way it has more or less everybody looking good. You're not "kicking" anybody out due to the fact that Ric Flair in this case really wasn't kicked as much of it was a final break-up for the faction. Triple H looked great carrying it through it all, Randy Orton and Batista looked great for turning on this major faction and their leader.

So, internally would probably be the right answer in this case.

I usually like it when stables get broken up internally. I don't think it adds to anything when they get separated say through drafts or something like that. I'm not really a big fan of stables anyways and I feel they sometimes make a superstar look like a loser ala SES. All they did was hold down Punk and he never won cleanly against the guys like Mysterio and so on. I am glad they broke up. Also, if someone is going to have a stable at least make the other guys look more credible and likable unlike Luke and Mercury. They just didn't have the looks or charisma to get over like Punk does.

I think the best method is for one of the secondary members who is about to get a huge push, should jump start that push by turning on the leader of the stable. If the leader turns on the others, it makes them look worse when the whole point of the stable should have made all of them look good. The leader is generally more established than the rest, so they can handle getting turned on better than the other guys could. Looking at Nexus as a modern example, if someone like Otunga were to turn on Barrett, it would be better for the group as a whole rather than if Barrett turned on the other guys because it would make all of them look weaker in comparison. In the scenario of Otunga turning on Barrett, it would create a feud for the two and a much better push for Otunga or whoever it would be in such a scenario. I also think that more people from a stable should be pushed after a split, rather than just one or two.

I have to go with Internally because it helps get the young guy over. When Orton broke away from Evolution it helped establish him as a main eventer. Who knows if Evolution was taken down externally then Randy orton and Batista might not have became who they became. So I think if a stable is to be broken up the best way to do this is to have a young guy in the group, to go out on his own and start feuding with the stable he left.

I think both are great if booked correctly. There are plenty of ways for a stable to break up, it just needs to be done right. I hate to see factions split up because one or more members are drafted, I just done see the point in that at all.

My personal favourite break up is Internally, however. If done correctly, it can really elevate a 2nd tier superstar up to the main event bracket, like Orton and Batista when they turned on Evolution. The leader of the faction is generally the main eventer- the star. For him to turn on his team mates and leave triumphant is just burying the others as the "top guy beats lower guys". If the secondary wrestler is booked right he can be over BEFORE he actually turns on his team mates. This happened with Batista before he left Evolution- he won with Rumble and then fans were desperate to see him turn on Triple H. If Batista had been attacked by Triple H, then it would not have worked as well

So internal is my preferred option, but external can work just as well if booked right

Definetly internally IF the guys in the stable need to get over and have a certain career path and a push coming out of the stable. Evolution of course is the perfect example. When it was all over, everyone who was part of it had a strong role in WWE. This is the way TNA should go with eventual Fortune/Immortal split.

However, in the case of a group which is comprised of talents who are already over at a high level, like the Main Event Mafia, definetly externally is the way to go, so the guys opposing them get over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back