Houston Region, NJ Subregion: First Round: (5) John Cena vs. (28) Carlito

Who Wins This Match

• John Cena

• Carlito

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Meadowlands Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

aerial-view-meadowlands-arena-3bbb871b1fffe6fd_large.jpg

#5 John Cena

johncenaphotographc12171845.jpg

Vs.

#28 Carlito

carlito-wwe.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

I remember a while ago Cena feuding with Carlito( for the US championship in 2004 and in the elimination chamber match in 06), and staying kayfabe i don't remember Carlito going over Cena that often.
Also, Cena is a better draw, got over a lot better, and has actually won world titles.

Winner: Cena in 7:30 via STF.

John Cena, and it not even a close call.

Carlito went from passible, to good, to passible again, to crap in the span of 5 years.

John Cena is the face of a major promotion, how is he gonna lose? Carlito better call up Matt Morgan or Jesus to back him up if he wants to win this, and he won't.

My vote: SuperCena

Carlito may have won his first match in the WWE against Cena, but the success all but ended there. After that win Carlito never really did anything overly impressive in the WWE. Cena, on the other hand, went on to become WWE Champion multiple times and has beaten the likes of Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Batista, and Big Show, just to name a few.

Cena wins this one.

The last time Cena was in a match with Carlito, Cena won in under 5 minutes.

This sums up Carlito's entire career:

Meanwhile, John Cena is the face of the biggest company in professional wrestling history, and has a lock on a future Hall of Fame spot.

Cena goes over, huge.

This is a funny match up because Carlito debuted on SD by defeating John Cena for the US Title in his first match.

The sad thing is, that might have been Carlito's biggest or best moment in WWE.

John Cena went on to become, well, John Cena.

I am not the biggest fan of Cena by any means. But I think he easily defeats Carlito in this match and just as easily moves on to the next round.

SQUASH MATCH! Cena dominates here clearly. What the hell has done Carlito in his career? He could be erased from wrestling history books and no one would even care, and I include Carlito himself. He was a midcarder but he wasn't a good, solid one. He was less than mediocre, besides the back stabber and the apple spitting, Carlito was absolutely borring. WAIT! I know something was indeed cool about him, his afro and that's probably it. Cena wins with an AA followed by an STF just to make an statment that Carlito's catchphrase isn't cool at all.

Carlito has beaten Cena before by using underhanded tactics, so it isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. However, I don't think that Carlito would win here. Cena is a very tough man to beat and usually does not lose in big matches. Cena's strength and never say lose attitude will take him a long way in this tournament and should get him the win here.

Carlito never really gained much momentum in the WWE, while Cena has yet to slow down.

One win over Cena doesn't mean much if you are unable to run with it and accomplish something more.

Cena's merchandise sales alone are enough to get him past Carlito.

I hate John Cena. Really... I think he's one of the worst wrestlers in the past 20 years that are in the main event scene...

But Carlito is a waste of talent. A waste of space, too. If this were in Puerto Rico, I'd give a slight edge to Carlito... but on a given day... Cena at his best vs Carlito at his... Cena dominates here. Power makes Carlito cry and Carlito was beaten by an over the hill Ric Flair for his IC title. Cena would have no trouble with him.

Cena wins with the Protoplex at the 8 minute mark.

When Carlito was at the absolute pinnacle of his career, he feuded with John Cena, and though he did win one or two matches, he didn't come close to winning in the bigger picture. Since then, the Cena phenomenon has grown and grown, while Carlito isn't even good enough for TNA to take a chance on. Cena wins at a canter.

Wow, this is a travesty! People are just looking at a name and going with the one they've been brainwashed to think is the best. The fact of the matter is Carlito is virtually .500 against John Cena in one on one action in his career. Who else can say that? You know how some teams in sports play other teams "tough." That's what this right here is a case of. Carlito plays Cena tough.

Add in the fact that in their biggest matchup, for the US Title, Carlito came out the victor as well as magnificence of Carlito's hair and the number of wrestling fans Cena has chased away since being the in main event scene and this isn't even close.

Carlito all the way.

Gee, I wonder who I should vote for here? The multiple time WWE champion, the face of the WWE for the last several years, and a sure fire eventual Hall of Famer. Or the lazy, unmotivated, out of shape guy whose sole claim to fame was spitting apples in other guys' faces, a guy who was not even able to maintain his spot on the WWE roster and has not been able to find his way onto television with anyone else either.

Anonymous Mozzarella's YouTube video says it all as only Ric Flair can. Give this one to John Cena in a landslide.

John Cena is a 9 time World Champion and the biggest drawing superstar of the current era.

Carlito???? Let's just say that he's currently unemployed.

I pick Cena to win by AA in 2 minutes flat.

Alright, lets talk "primes". More so, Carlito's.. which lasted one night - the night he debuted. Oddly enough, it was the same night he beat John Cena and won a Championship. There you have it. Carlito deserves to win, no questioned asked. No, seriously, don't ask because beyond that night I have no real reason why Carlito would be considered a serious contender here.

*sigh* Cena's got this wrapped up and it won't, or shouldn't, be even remotely close. I'd love to see this go Carlito's way about similar to how last year I pushed HARD to get Moolah a victory over Hogan. Purely because I don't like Cena. He's funny on the mic, but inside the ring I dislike him for every reason I disliked Hogan. He always wins and only loses whenever someone "cheats".

Regardless of cheating here. Be it with an apple, a Cena spinner chain, or an outside body guard - Cena wins, easily. And that's not cool.

John Cena has this match. Cena is a nine time world champion and still has a good five or six years in him while Carlito was in the main event picture for at the most four months. His biggest accomplishment in the WWE was unifying the tag team titles in a dark match at Wrestlemania. His other two wrestlemania matches were a tag team match with Chris Masters at 22 and MITB at 24, both he lost. He should'nt even be allowed to wrestle in the same ring as John Cena.

John Cena wins this match to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back