Houston Region, NJ Subregion: First Round: (4) Chris Jericho vs. (29) One Man Gang

Who Wins This Match

• Chris Jericho

• One Man Gang

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Meadowlands Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

aerial-view-meadowlands-arena-3bbb871b1fffe6fd_large.jpg

#4 Chris Jericho

chrisjericho.jpg

Vs.

#29 One Man Gang

onemangang.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Chris Jericho easily.

I mean yeah, One Man Gang is big, but that's about it. He held some NWA titles but nothing that would put a smudge on Jericho's outstanding career. Jericho is another guy who has done it all, and is a future hall of famer. From his classic cruiserweight bouts in WCW to his world title reigns in the WWE, he's had one of the most storied careers of all time. I see Jericho winning this one with a rare but excellent finish with a lionsault about 5 minutes into the match.

And here we go.

I'm going Chris Jericho to save my pre-written posts for the matches that need it.

Chris Jericho because of recognizability. He wrestled around the world, in multiple promotions, and has become an industry-wide recognized fantastic worker. He can make anybody look good, while looking great himself.

Honestly, I've never even heard of One Man Gang until I looked him up and recognized him as Akeem The African Dream (he was on an old wrestling tape I have), and even then, I had to sit there and stare at him before I vaguely remembered who he was.

Jericho squashes.

It has to be Jericho. No disrespect to OMG, but he has had nowhere near the level of success that Jericho has. While that has little bearing on the outcome of a match, it's hard to not take it into account. Probably slightly down to my bias of Jericho being one of my all-time favourites, I just can't see Jericho losing this one.

KB has obviously messed up the poll that goes with this match as there is really only one choice for this match, ladies and gentlement and that is Chris Jericho.

Out of those criteria listed from KB to judge the two wrestlers on, Chris Jericho beats One Man Gang quiet easily. In terms of influence at the highest point in their career, who exactly has One Man Gang influenced?

Chris Jericho on the other hand, as his dead serious, no country for old men heel persona has obviously influenced The Miz. His promo against MVP while he was walking down the corridor talking quiet and being serious reeked of Jericho and I'm pretty sure in an interview Miz has said something about Jericho's heel persona.

In terms of accomplishments in WWF/E One Man Gang only has a Slammy from 1987 and that's it. The closest he came to a World Championship was a tournament at WrestleMania IV where as Jericho's a multi time world champion, record breaking Intercontinental Champion, I can really go on and on.

Jericho always connects with the crowd better than most Superstars anyway and has a lot more experience in high profile matches.

Easy stroll in the park for Chris Jericho in round 1.

Jericho's intensity will engulf OMG's chances of going on in this tournament. Jericho's success is those of legends, and Jericho's gonna be one in the next 5 years.

My vote: The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah.

Blah, blah, blah. Jericho had the better career. Blah, blah, blah. I figure this is just too obvious, and doesn't need to be talked about at any length.

Gang was a physical bastard who didn't give a shit. Win, lose, draw..didn't matter to him. This match shows what I'm talking about:

[YOUTUBE]MzeBF_fugEo[/YOUTUBE]

Gang just wanted to hurt people, and I'm sure that didn't always sit well with Slick (yes, I had to throw a bone to one of my favorite managers of all time). However, Gang is too dumb, and too worthless to win this match. Gang would probably throw Jericho a beating like he did Savage at WMIV, but Jericho outsmarts him in the end. Well, Jericho outsmarts him, or Gang shoots himself in the foot. Either way, it's Jericho moving on.

Chris Jericho wins!

He is one of the best wrestlers in the world, One Man Gang doesn't hold a candle to Y2J. Jericho is one of the biggest wrestlers of the last decade, he's easily a sure fire Hall of Famer and even on his latest WWE run he showed that he can still go with the best of today and beat them no matter what their style is. Also his match with Bryan Danielson on NXT was awesome.

Chris Jericho after a Codebreaker and Lionsault after six - eight minutes.

Chris Jericho wins this match, and never lets us forget it.

The One Man Gang was a beast. But he truly has no business even thinking he can win this match. He was a big ass blob of shit, and Jericho would mold that shit into a bigger pile of defeated shit.

The size difference in this match means nothing. In some matches and in some cases, it would. But not in this one. I see Jericho winning this match, clean, with a Codebreaker.

Though Jericho would be booked to win this match. He would have to he on his toes and make sure he doesn't get hurt, because OMG wasn't exactly the best technician and was known for going a bit overboard.

OMG loses this match against Jericho even if he has Akeem as a tag partner lol.

I see Jericho taking this. OMG probably won't even show up or even get in the ring. Jericho is one of the most well rounded stars. His ability to entertain inside the and outside of the ring while thinking on his feet. He's been a mentor on NXT, and a defeated The Rock and Stone Cold in the same night. He's a jack of all trades and has managed to do quite well with anything he does. He's a musician, Fozzy. He's hosted his own tv shows, Redemption Song, VH1 I Love...series. He's been in various movies, Albino Farm, Android Apocalypse. He's also done stage productions as well. He's a NY Times best selling author, A Lion's Tale, and Undisputed. He's been able to leave WWE and come back with a pretty damn good marketing gimmick, the Save_Us.Y2J epic, and it was welcomed quite successfully. He's always been a great entertainer, and he's a very well spoken person with many appearances on such political and news shows like Fox's Red Eye, and Nancy Grace, and other television programs for various events and social commentary. Is there anything this man can't do? Screw the rest. Jericho is best. I'm a Jericho-holic!! Let's go Jericho!!

Jericho will definatly be the one going over in this match. He is one of the most well rounded wrestlers to step in the ring. He is superb both on the mic and in the ring.
He can get heat when he wants it and have the fans cheer him with the simpliest moves the crowd are like putty in his hands and do what he wants them to do.
His first ever promo in the wwf said it best Jericho is excelence.
Go Jericho Go. Go Jericho Go.

We all know Jericho wins this one. Charisma, mic skills, in ring skills, get over as heel or face, classic matches, classic feuds, put over younger talent etc. Jericho has done it all, he is one of those guys you tune in just to hear what he is saying and how. Chris Jericho is one of the best entertainers out there. One Mang Gang is exactly that, a one face coin. Jericho has my vote.

Jericho has a lot of experience facing and defeating larger guys. Also, he has faced and defeated much better and bigger men then The One Man Gang. His experience in big matches, his quickness, and his ability to outsmart and cheat will all play into his favor in this match.

I almost voted for One Man Gang. It was by accident, but it still would have counted.

There is no need to go into great detail as to why Jericho advances, and there is a number of reasons why he should do so.

Accomplishments alone giver Jericho a free pass to the second round. Jericho is a multiple tag-team champion, a nine time Interconential Champion, a six time World Champion and for the past two years has been ranked in the Top 5 of best singles wrestler of the year by PWI.

As much as I enjoy Akeem the African dream (albeit not in the way intended) he is pretty much just a big, dumb wrestler who beats crap wrestlers in squash matches before losing to someone with a bit of intelligence. Jericho is certainly the man with a little bit of intelligence, and Gang would almost certainly fall foul of that, in some moronic fashion. Jericho to win this, after a brief period where he is beaten down on.

Of course it is Chris Jericho going over here. A future Hall of Famer, versus a guy not good enough to even lace up his boots. I see Jericho going very deep into this tournament. I see Jericho outworking OMB, out finessing him, and eventually getting him to submit via the Walls of Jericho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back