Hogan Region, Chicago Subregion, First Round:(5)Chris Jericho vs. (28)Tully Blanchard

Who Wins This Match?

• Chris Jericho

• Tully Blanchard

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Hogan Region, Chicago Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois.

14-08212012-503403dbdc640.jpeg

220px-Chris_Jericho_at_FoF.jpg

#5. Chris Jericho

Vs.

tully-blanchard.jpg

#28. Tully Blanchard

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This is my favorite match of the first round by far. Tully and Chris would without a doubt cut unbelievable promos leading up to this match. Their styles mesh perfectly. In my perfect world Tully goes over. In the real world Jericho goes over. I would pay to see this match three times at least. Vote Jericho.

This would be one hell of a fight. Both Blanchard and Jericho have faced and beaten some of the best and both guys have held numerous championships throughout their careers. However, Jericho is a multi-time World champion, has headlined numerous PPV, including Wrestlemania, and has beaten some of the greatest of all time in a variety of different ways and has done it largely on his own. Whether it was defeating HHH clean in 99, using every trick in the book to beat the Rock in 02, targeting Shawn Michaels' eye in 08, or taking advantage of an AJ Styles' mistake in 2016, at his best, Jericho always finds a way to win. Blanchard almost always had somebody watching his back, whether it was Baby Doll, JJ Dillon, the Horsemen, or Arn Anderson; in this scenario, he'd have to find a way to beat one of the craftiest wrestlers of all time on his own.

It's much to early for Jericho to go out. Tully puts up a heck of a fight, but Jericho once again finds a way to win.

This is another match I think I'd really enjoy. Blanchard was one of my favorite heels as a kid and like the other members of the Four Horsemen, he brought his own unique attributes to the group. Chris Jericho may be the biggest example in WCW's history in which the company dropped the ball with someone. Jericho in WCW was young, dynamic, charismatic and could put on some of the best matches in the company with anyone.

Ultimately, I have to go with Jericho after what'd be a tough bout that'd probably include some brawling, some high flying and some technical knowhow. Jericho is a 6 time World Champion that's feuded with and, in many cases, beaten most of the biggest stars in pro wrestling to come about in my lifetime whereas Tully Blanchard, as much as I like him, was ultimately a strong mid-card and tag team player. It wouldn't necessarily bother me if Tully made it past Jericho, it'd be a pretty big upset really but also an upset that's just not too likely.

I really don't have much knowledge about Tully Blanchard. Regardless, Chris Jericho is one of the greatest wrestlers to eveeeeer step into the wrestling ring. He still can go, right? Not many wrestlers can be as consistent and bring up fresh faces as Chris Jericho does. He not just been consistent and fresh with what he brings on his character and mic, he also can go toe to toe with the present generation superstars, say AJ Styles. It's debatable if I had known Tully but Jericho wins.

This match would probably steal the show for the first round. Both performers are great in the ring, on the mic, and they both have great characters. Jericho, however, is just a little more accomplished than Tully and I think that Jericho would win relatively easy here.

Chris Jericho is overrated. Horribly so. Every year he manages to go over performers that were, in their primes, much bigger deals than he ever was. And the same will probably be true this year as well. However, Tully Blanchard was not one of those performers. Tully was primarily a career mid card wrestler in the territory era, which of course carries significantly more weight than being a career mid card wrestler in the modern or current era thanks to the levels of competition back then. Tully himself won many top regional championships. However, Jericho is a multiple time world champion, defeating just about every big name of the modern era in huge matches. He's generated enough revenue and has proven to be popular enough to carry the WWE for short periods of time when needed. And even after all this time, him putting over a younger star still means something. To me that puts Jericho over.

Vote Y2J.

This would be a top quality match and if both Y2J and Tully were part of a tag team match I would give Blanchard the definite edge but in singles it's Jericho all the way.

The first ever Undisputed Champ, most IC title reigns in history, a man who has reinvented himself so many times and still performing at his absolute best to this day.

Jericho needs to go through here

Blanchard was pretty good I suppose, but for whatever reason never really cracked the highest echelons of the business as a singles star. Jericho has done that, and actually managed to reinvent himself a number of times. For me, this is a pretty straightforward Jericho win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back