Hogan Region, Chicago Subregion, First Round: (13) Great Muta vs. (20) Kofi Kingston

Who Wins This Match?

• Great Muta

• Kofi Kingston

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Hogan Region, Chicago Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois.

14-08212012-503403dbdc640.jpeg

220px-Great_Muta.jpg

#13. Great Muta

Vs.

kofi-kingston.jpg

#20. Kofi Kingston

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Yaz, I love you man and I know you love Kofi, but he's really up against it here. Muta is the most internationally successful wrestler to ever emerge from Japan (until Nakamura makes it to the main roster anyway). He wins titles wherever he goes, is a massive draw in his home country and to a degree abroad. He's also constantly re-invented himself in a bid to stay fresh and on the pulse of things. While I think Kofi's a solid match for him inside the ring, I think the external factors are just way too much for Kingston to overcome when it boils down to it. The Great Muta, after a terrific encounter, puts down the Boston born Jamaican-Ghanaian.

This would be a really solid match, one I'd personally like to see. I'm going to vote for Kofi because he is my guy, but Muta is the guy who should go over. You could potentially argue that Muta didn't have the success in America that he did in Japan, which is common for a lot of guys, but Muta was still fairly successful here in The US. Like Funk said, he is one of, if not the most successful Japanese wrestlers to ever wrestle abroad.

Kofi is no slouch, he is a future legit WWE HOF member with plenty of titles to throw around, and I'm glad a few more people are giving him some respect in the tournament, but for now I'll concede this one.

The Great Muta. One of the most influential, revered, and successful wrestlers ever to come out of Japan, and that's saying something. Kofi Kingston. Career mid-carder (sorry Yaz). I could make a long-winded argument but I don't think there's really much of a need. Just getting my written vote in in case something crazy goes down in this one.

Vote Muta.

Great Muta was All Japan's ace, as well as being a top star in both WCW and New Japan. He's a true international sensation and a multiple time world champion. Kofi Kingston is in the prime of his career right now, as the New Day is the greatest thing that's ever happened to him. He's held the IC title how many times? I can even remember half of them.

In my opinion this should be a standard win for someone like Muta.

This would be one hell of an entertaining match, but unless there was major New Day interference, it has to be Muta in this one. He's the bigger star, more influential and had more than enough to put Kofi away.

Kingston has had a really good career and it's a shame that he goes out in the first round but it's got to happen here. Vote Muta

Muta is probably better on the whole, but I've voted for Kingston. For two reasons really, winning big in pre-Bischoff WCW is not exactly the same thing as great success in North America. The second is that yeah, Muta was innovative, but the New Day have totally taken the world by storm and a big part of that is Kingston. Those guys were given an absolute car crash of a gimmick and made themselves the most over thing on the roster. It's no great tragedy if Kingston loses this, but that achievement alone is worth voting for.

The Great Muta is indeed a great wrestler. A legend perhaps. As much as I love Kofi Kingston and like The New Day, I can't give a vote to someone who has been mostly in midcard and upper midcard over a true legendary wrestler like Muta.

So, Muta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back