• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hogan Opinions on The Rocks Return Retort to Hogan

orton0384

Pre-Show Stalwart
"That is one of the reasons me and Vince McMahon don't get along because we disagree on wrestling theory. He's a genius. He has done a great job keeping the business alive and keeping it rolling."

When asked if there was something Hogan didn't like about Rock's return: "Yeah, yeah. There is certain ways to do things. You know, for The Rock to come out and say, we've gone from Austin 3:16 to The People's Champion to all of a sudden, you can't see me (in whiny voice). They spent so much time building John Cena up. If it was me I would have said, from the Austin era to The People's Champion era to John Cena. And I just gotta know in my heart whose the better man. There is a way to really build somebody up. You know.

All of a sudden in three or four seconds he had the whole arena screaming that Cena sucks. Sometimes I just don't understand the philosophy because John Cena is going to be there all the time. And even though The Rock said he was back, he was only back for one day. He isn't going to be there wrestling every single week like John Cena is, you know, holding it down and keeping it real. All that stuff is scripted, they have Stephanie McMahon and writers telling The Rock exactly what to say. I just didn't understand why they wanted to destroy Cena so quickly." You can listen to the full interview if you

From Wrestlezone's page. Mister Hogan. You of all people should not be criticizing for not putting people over. YOU OF ALL people should just sit down and be quiet. To say that it's not right or fair for The Rock to bury Cena is hypocritical because you refused to promote and put over Cena yourself.

Am I alone in this opinion? Please share.

He is only voicing what everyone's said as criticisms of the Rock's promo. I loved it but it's a valid point. Cena got his time back this week and said exactly what Hogan said about being there every week.

Barely newsworthy really.

I'm not surprised or upset at all, if you read the Cena/Rock threads on this site people feel the same way. Many feel the Rock shouldn't have buried Cena and he made the roster look like shit. This is nothing new

I don't think the entire crowd was chanting Cena sucks though, the Rock got a mixed reaction from that.

If it weren't for Hogan burying whoever he could along the way, I could buy into what he's saying. Also, the fans seemed more than happy with what Cena said on Raw this past Monday, so I don't think Rock did any really damage to Cena's character. If he had been boo'd out of the building this past week, it would be a different story.

Thanks guy. While he is voicing his opinion I find that he has no merit in saying such things when he himself is guilty and culpable of doing that himself. To me if he had put Cena over in his time at WWE this would have been different. However, when I saw the Huckster running his mouth like that this article made me say "hmmmm ... thats not right."

Did Rocky bury the entire Cenation? I don't think so because that promo only made Attitude Era fans excited. The children I find and most women will still stick with Cena. Those fans don't see things as you or I do. Had the entire arena been booing Cena and booed him out of the building this past Monday then a burial parade would have been valid but Cena fought back and he still has people behind him.

I just don't think T.B. should be throwing out his opinion like that if he did not do anything to help put people over in his last WWE run.

Damn Nick B. You read my mind. Great ones think alike eh? LOL Green reppin you guys for not flaming me into oblivion! Thank you.

A load of bollocks really, Rock will always be my favourite but nothing he could say would bury Cena anyway.

WWE's just playing on the whole adult males hate Cena thing again.

Hasn't Hogan returned to WWE and been built up at the expense of existing talent only to leave after a short period several times already?

I don't really think Hogan has a right to comment on how thing should be done in the wrestling business. Wasn't he at the very least partially responsible for two wrestling promotions going down the shitter?

I tend to agree with mozz here. Hogan by no means is innocent either. He's one fo be a bit blinded by his own greatness sometimes. Bear in mind there wouldn't be a downfall of WCW dvd if it hadn't been for some certain people and egos involved.

I mean, this is largely just for shits and giggles. Its a stage act. I mean, you gotta also remember that sometime ago, Cena made some off the cuff remark about his movies, and made some remark about Rock. Whether it was taken out of context or not, its a way to build hype and publicity for one of WWE's biggest event's of the year. Please do know that if The Rock truly diskliked Cena and wanted nothing to do with him, he could've told WWE to screw off and would've just let Cena look like the bigger fool for sitting there and continue to bitch. I mean, Cena's movies are ok, but in reality, Rock's has had a better record for longevity (so far) than Cena's. Admittedtly, neither are competing for Oscars, but Rock has had a bit more success in the Disney run. Which isn't bad, because those tend to live on a little longer sometimes and garner quite a bit of mass appeal.

I mean, I don't think it has anything to do with anyone purposefully trying to be buried. Its the whole play on "No such thing as bad publicity." Besides, why not take something that COULD have been accidentally taken out of context, and try to make the best of it. Besides, I say, just run with it. I really don't think its as bad as people want to make it out to be. People will LOVE to over-dramatize everything, just to try to increase the chances of seeing Cena or Rock possibly do something. I'm not a Cena fan, kinda so-so on Rock, either way, its just going to be a great event overall. Don't really care. I'm sure they're both comfortable with their skills and shouldn't have to sell themselves ALL OVER again.

Seriously guys, it's fucking Hulk Hogan. This dude hasn't said anything remotely relevant in like 8 years. He's just trying to get people talking about him again to boost his ego.

I don't really think Hogan has a right to comment on how thing should be done in the wrestling business. Wasn't he at the very least partially responsible for two wrestling promotions going down the shitter?

Well Thank you for commenting and to all others who posted. Superthrust Mozzarellas post is special because he red repped me for being ignorant lol. Thanks for makin me feel not ignorant now sir. Y2J=WWE's LAST HOPE! :D

Yeah guys I'm sure it's for publicity but like I said it gets my Bushes trimmed seeing this person The Huckster run his mouth. The same goes for the shHhovel but that's a diff thread for a diff day!

Wow, the idiocy is running rampant in this thread.

1) Hogan is absolutely right. He and McMahon see things differently.

2) I agree with Hogan about his comments on Rock and Cena.

3) There is NO ONE in pro wrestling who has made more guys main-eventers than Hulk Hogan. For all of you saying he "buries" people, you are fucking nuts. He has put over more people than anyone in history.

Of course, you'd have to understand what "put over" actually means, so I can see why some of you fail to understand this point.

4) Blaming the death of WCW on Hogan is ignorance at its finest. Anyone who knows anything about the history of WCW knows how dumb that position is.

Hogan does have a point though. I don't think The Rock buried John Cena last week on Raw, but he did get the crowd to chant in unison Cena sucks. Even if that wasn't his intention, it isn't a wise move to degrade the top face of the company especially if you aren't going to wrestle him or put him over. I think Cena did a nice comeback this week, and got more fans on his side.

Make no mistake about it though. If WWE ever decides to have Cena and The Rock do a face to face verbal exchange then The Rock will easily win that one. Even if Cena has something great to say, you will hear more Rocky chants then Cena. I do think we will eventually see The Rock putting over Cena in due time though.

I agree. Hogan has no room to talk. Sure, he's put over a person or two in his time, but so has Rock. So they're pretty much on a level playing field there.

He has played his share of backstage politics and refused to do his share of jobs, matches, etc. etc. He has allowed his ego to overstep his legacy. And with his legacy, that's a big f'n ego.

If you don't think he contributed to the downfall of WCW, I'm sorry you think that. Of course he didn't do it by himself, he had some help from a couple of other people. But to say he didn't have a hand in it would also be folly. With his stature in the business, especially during the WCW era, it's silly to think that he didn't have any say in what was going on in the company, even without all the reports of him having a big hand in it.

This is a case where it would be the equivalent of, say, Shawn Michaels talking shit on Austin back in the day for getting fed up and leaving the company for a while when he's well known for "losing his smile" or faking a knee injury and going home. It would be the equivalent of Scott Hall bashing Hawk or Jake Roberts for their drinking. It just doesn't compute.

It's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black in my view. I think that he needs to stop worrying about the Rock showing up on WWE television and worry about the company he's in. Him and the other two members of the 3 egos of doom are not living up to their expectations so far. I think it's a matter of jealousy, too, and wanting to try to undermine the impact Rock had. So far Rock's had a more successful movie career and got a hell of a pop after 7 years away from the biz. I think maybe Hogan was a little miffed he didn't (and doesn't) get those kinds of accolades in TNA.

I said the same thing after I saw Rock's promo. But then I saw Cena's and breathed a sigh of relief. The point isn't really that there's a level of truth in it, it's who is saying it.

And it's kind of funny that he's saying something about it in the first place. It obviously caught his attention too, didn't it?

This doesn't anger me at all, because it doesn't surprise me either. That is a standard Hulk Hogan talking out of his ass moment. Even if people share that same opinion, they should probably agree that Hogan has no right to say anything about anybody.

This doesn't anger me at all, because it doesn't surprise me either. That is a standard Hulk Hogan talking out of his ass moment. Even if people share that same opinion, they should probably agree that Hogan has no right to say anything about anybody.

Oh really, why is that? Because he's right?

You think that Rock promo did some sort of damage?
Whether it did or not is irrelevant to the fact it COULD have. Why take that chance for a guy who is rarely around? And it would be one thing to say that stuff about, say, The Miz, because he's a heel, and he's not the number one guy in the company, the biggest moneymaker.

And they also recorded their largest rating in how long?
Hey, if Rock was going to be around every week, no problem. If Rock was an active wrestler again, no problem.

But he's not. We're on the Road to Wrestlemania, and people tuned in to see if Rock was coming back and see Undertaker come back. Once Rock is gone again, and we don't have cryptic returns, do you think that rating will stay that high?

And finally, what does ratings have to do with making money? You can get 5.0 ratings, but if people don't buy your merch, don't go to your live events and don't pay for your PPVs, what good is a rating? Don't get me wrong, ratings are important (as it shows the interest in your product), but one week's ratings are not enough justification for a guy who is never around to come back and bury your top moneymaker.

Hulk Hogan was absolutely right, and no one can deny it.

Whether it did or not is irrelevant to the fact it COULD have. Why take that chance for a guy who is rarely around? And it would be one thing to say that stuff about, say, The Miz, because he's a heel, and he's not the number one guy in the company, the biggest moneymaker.

No, it couldn't have. Remember who Cena is. He's the biggest name in professional wrestling today. He's the biggest draw in America. And you think that a promo by someone that plenty of Cena fans would struggle to remember would bury him? I fail to see the logic.

Ya'll dont think that this is just some giant respect angle? Considering Cena's career seems to have been built on big names calling him "nothing" and him proving them wrong time and time again.

Both guys take cheap shots at each other, call each other out on stuff that a fuckload of other people say anyway, then at the end Rock is forced to respect Cena and raises his arm and they shake hands acknowledging each others greatness. All damage (although there was none anyway) repaired and both look all the better for it.

Seeing how Rock said he's not going to wrestle again that's how I'd do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back