• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hogan Matches With The Wrong Outcome

Well you must remember Sid has asked for his release prior to WrestleMania....so I think Vince was reluctant to have Sid go over Hogan then jump to WCW. In the grand scheme of things, yes it would've made sense for Sid to go over. Sid was staying, Hogan taking a leave of absence. But the reality is, Sid was unreliable. It's too bad because Sid could've had a run similar to "Taker's.

Except that Hogan outweighed Rude by a 100 pounds lol. I personally liked the angle with Slaughter. It was one of the greatest heel turns of all time and brought out raw emotion from fans. Too bad it didn't happen closer to Slaughter's prime. By 1990, his best days were done.

I wonder what if Slaughter went over Hogan at WM7 and Warrior vs. Savage goes on last.

Slaughter going over Hogan would give Slaughter enough heat for a few months as Hogan chases the title perhaps until Summer Slam.

I can see it now Slaughter beating Hogan and covering him over the Iraqi flag.

And Warrior / Savage, the way it actually happened, would have been an epic way to close the show.

This is a good question:

Hulk Hogan had NO business losing, by pinfall, to Jacques Rougeau in Canada.
Hulk Hogan had NO business losing, by pinfall and on TV, to Arn Anderson.
Hogan should not have lost his match with Flair at Uncensored 99.
Hogan should have lost clean to Sting at Starcade.
Hogan should have lost, clean, to Randy Savage the Nitro after Spring Stampedie 98.
Hogan should NOT have lost to Roddy Piper at Starrcade 97.

Hogan lost to Rougeau in a non-televised favour to Rougeau who at the time was retiring, and he offered to do the job. Hogan had alot of respect for the family, and added to the night as nobody believed the current WCW Champion would put over Jacques that night, clean.

HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN should have never lost to The Rock at No Way Out 2003. I understandwhy he lost at WrestleMania (even though I wanted to see him win and was one of the millions and millions of Hulkamaniacs cheering him on that night) after all, The Rock was their nee top face and no one knew at the time that he would soon leave for a career in film. But by No Way Out The Rock was only an occasional performer and had no business going over.
Undertaker dropped the title to Hogan on a special show that was promoted like a week or so in advance. This Tuesday in Texas was built up just a little bit more than a house show, but nowhere near the levels of Summerslam or I'd argue an In Your House event. It wasn't all that great, except maybe a killer promo or two between Jake "The Snake" Roberts and Randy Savage. Going into the main event, it was established that Jack Tunney would be sitting at ringside to make sure no shenanigans would take place in the championship match.

It still had interference (Flair) and a dirty win for Hogan.

Tunney stripped Hulk of the belt later and put it on the line in the Rumble, making Hogan pinning Taker sort of silly in hindsight. Why not just have Taker cheat, knocking Hogan out with the urn or something? Tunney would see it and vacating the title would still go according to plan, but now Hogan doesn't look like an asshole for cheating. Both wrestlers would have saved some face at what was really a forgettable event.
How much of that was hogan moaning and politicking? In the modern era they would have waited a month.
Absolutely NONE of it was due to politics. The entire purpose of That PPV (heck the only reason Undertaker even won the title at the time) was to have those two screw job finishes so that Tunny would vacate the title and put it up for grabs in the Royal Rumblef or Flair to win it. The long term plan was to make Flair champion by WrestleMania so that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN could defeat him for the title at WrestleMania. Only the steroid case prevented that outcome.

The Jarrett thing was at bash at the beach 2000, Halloween havoc 99
Had hogan just lay down for sting.... Never understood why.

That's Vince Russo booking for you. The absolute worst individual in the history of the sport. He has no idea what makes the wrestling business work. Nor does he try. All he is interested in a shock value TV. And he doesn't even do that well as is evident by the number of angles he recycles.

SMH at people listing the Ultimate Warrior. Hogan had been on top FOREVER at that point. Only a fluke screwjob cheating ref got the title off of him for a year. So really, he'd been the man since '84.

Warrior was every bit as over as Hogan was at that time. He was red hot and the time was perfect to put the title on him.

SMH at people listing the Ultimate Warrior. Hogan had been on top FOREVER at that point. Only a fluke screwjob cheating ref got the title off of him for a year. So really, he'd been the man since '84.

Warrior was every bit as over as Hogan was at that time. He was red hot and the time was perfect to put the title on him.

Add to that the fact that Hogan disappeared shortly after and would not be back till his return match at SummerSlam that year. While WWE has no issues having a champ like Brock who won't go on the road with the title that would have never happened back then.

Add to that the fact that Hogan disappeared shortly after and would not be back till his return match at SummerSlam that year. While WWE has no issues having a champ like Brock who won't go on the road with the title that would have never happened back then.

Not true, Hogan routinely disappeared for months on end with no matches in the late 80s, often going as much as two months without a title defense, and when he was active he only did a handful of Friday shows.

In fact, the old kayfabe wrestling magazines often ran articles about WWE letting Hogan get away with violating the "30 Day Title Defense" rule.

The only match that truly comes to mind with the wrong outcome is his match with orton in 2006. While i wasn't a fan of orton back then in fact, i actually jump for joy when hogan actually beat him but looking in hindsight all these years later, it would have help orton a lot more getting the win over hogan.

Has far as his other matches, i might want to say the sting match at starrcade 97 not because Sting won because that was the right call but because of how sting won. I was made to look like a complete jobber for pretty much the entire match, then lose clean to Hogan only for Bret hart to come in and pretty much give sting a second chance at beating hogan which by the way hogan won, sting really didn'T deserve that chance. It was a complete clusterfuck and pretty much killed any momentum that Sting had at the time

Wrestlemania 7... but the outcome is affected by the opponent. Should never have been Slaughter but Rick Rude - and Hogan should have lost.

Hogan had no business picking Slaughter for his opponent and dismissing Rude

I don't know man... The Hogan / Slaughter angle is one of the most memorable feuds in professional wrestling history. As great as Rick Rude was, I can't think of one possible angle that would have been more compelling than Sgt Slaughter defecting and going up against the American Hero Hulk Hogan.

I'd be interested in hearing what Rick Rude angle would have been significantly better than Hogan / Slaughter.

Everyone's already pointed out the whole Sting mess at Starcade 97. What a way to flush a years worth of build up down the shitter. Just because you didn't want to be beaten clean. That whole thing stunk to high heaven and it wasn't just Hogan. Nick Patrick fucked up the count. Remember it was supposed to be a fast count but it wasn't fast at all. That whole thing just pisses me off when I think about it.

As a Hitman fan, I loved the idea of bringing him into the match but I found it a little weird that they spent a whole year building up Hogan / Sting to the point that it had literally become the company's greatest angle ever only to end it by referencing something that happened in WWF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back