• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hogan Considering Return to Reality Television?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
According to a tweet from Hogan's official Twitter account, Hulk Hogan is considering returning to the world of reality television again, likely as a result of the reality special "Finding Hulk Hogan" that was aired on A&E a few weeks ago.

Hulk Hogan said:
"It would be me,Jennifer and what's really going on with my new life and my relationship with my kids. The shoot version,"

Words to note, IMO: the shoot version.

We know TNA is going full-force with the worked shoots angle, so it's likely this would tie into their programming if/when it launched, and you can bet your Momma's backside that BHE will be producing it. I don't recall how well (or how poorly) Hogan Knows Best did when it was on, but I do know that it was picked up heavily by TMZ and a slew of other gossip rags, so a return to reality television for Hogan now could be a great thing for TNA if the conditions are right.

Thoughts on Hogan returning and the potential effect it could have for TNA? Do you think it would be positive or negative, and why? Concerns?

When I first read the title of this thread, I must have missed the word "reality." I thought it simply said that Hogan was considering a return to television, in general. Having read earlier in the week that DDP had been approached by some people from TNA about returning to television, I assumed a group, possibly lead by Eric Bischoff, were considering a new television program to pay tribute to the show "The Golden Girls." You know, a new TV show called "The Golden Boys," starring Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, and of course, Eric Bischoff as the parent.

In all seriousness, the whole idea of Hogan returning to reality TV would be futile and I think it would be a further insult to his already damaged legacy. I don't think a show of this nature would either help or hurt TNA in terms of ratings, money, fan appeal, whatever. It would be just another example of Hogan being Hogan, keeping the spotlight on himself, convinced that the world still revolves around him. I for one never watched a single episode of Hogan Knows Best, I won't watch this new reality TV show if it materializes, hell I wouldn't even watch The Golden Boys.

Hulk hogan can't stay away from the spotlight and let others grow. Hogan's first crack at hogan knows best was a joke and had less viewers than the number of times he been a champion. He needs to stay retired and pass the torch to people who don't wanna be in the business just for the money and is a hypocrite.

I couldn't stand the Finding Hulk Hogan special, and I would not want to see Hogan do another reality TV show. Hogan Knows Best was okay at first. It was funny, and it was kind of cool to see Hogan talk to Vince McMahon about his contract status, but as time went on, the show just became very dull to me. I couldn't get into it anymore.

I don't want to see Hogan get more time to talk about how great he is, and I surely don't want to see any type of wrestling angles worked into this show. TNA already has ReAction as their non wrestling shoot style show, so I don't think TNA needs another shoot show where wrestling angles would be involved. This show could pull in some decent ratings, but I don't think it would be enough to help boost the ratings on Impact. Hogan isn't as big as he used to be, so even if this show were to happen, I just can't see it being a hit at all.

I don't get why would he want to continue to do this and i think one of the reason why is because if he do a reality show it gives TNA exposure so that they can get more ratings. But i am one of those people who don't care for him right now because he always want to stay on top, its not like he going to get off tv any time soon. I think this is one of the ways where he wants to earn more money.

Hulk hogan can't stay away from the spotlight and let others grow. Hogan's first crack at hogan knows best was a joke and had less viewers than the number of times he been a champion. He needs to stay retired and pass the torch to people who don't wanna be in the business just for the money and is a hypocrite.

To me another Hogan reality show is ******ed and stupid from a personal opinion, I personally never liked Hogan's reality show at all, I watched Hulk Hogan because I want to see him as a wrestler not as Terry Bollea.

However, your comment about his show being a dud is a ridiculous and unfounded statement, I personally could not stand it but it made VH1 and Hogan himself a decent enough amount of money to not only go three seasons but also create a spin off which was even more abysmal again just my opinion but there were enough people that watched it, and as much I could not stand it, it proved to also be successful.

Reality TV to me is just rancid, but what else is Hogan going to do...Othello? HA, that'd be a sad and scary though, but hey you gotta do what you gotta do to make a paycheck, and considering how much of a hit Hogan's wallet took, he's only doing what he can to financially survive. Like any ego driven celebrity of course he's going to take a chance if a network offers him a chance to a TV show. It couldn't be any worse than the "Vince McMahon Kiss My Ass Club" or the "Katie Vick" storylines that WWE have been prone to do in the last decade.

As far as your claims that Hogan never passed the torch to anyone, ridiculous and just as unfounded as your opening statement in your post. It's not Hogan's fault if people like Lesnar, Warrior and Goldberg didn't run with the torch as long as Hogan or other stars like Flair, Piper, and Austin had. And don't kid yourself when you think Hogan is the only one who's not in this business for the money, dude the entertainment business was made for people who want money, don't let the illusionistic bullshit of this artform fool you. As much as I like these people as entertainers, I pay for the fantasy of wrestling with the knowledge and realization that all these people wear facades. Hulk Hogan might wear the the one of the biggest facades but he is in a far from exclusive class in doing such. The fact that you are resorting to saying that like Hogan's desire for wealth and greed are a shock and that you make him sound like he's the only one is a naive thought, you or I don't know these people, I'm sure there are MANY in that business like any other sports or entertainment outlet out there that love to know they make more money in a day an average person rakes in a year. Not to say they don't have a passion for what they do, but I SERIOUSLY doubt any of the greats in this business would wrestle 300 days a year if they were making minimum wage and risking their overall health to do so. If it wasn't about the money for most of these people, most would probably be happy enough moonlighting indy shows on the weekends while working a REGULAR job.

The man is just trying to further his financial gain by investing in his financial rehabilitation as uninspiring as he is compared to his heyday, it's his prerogative to do what he can to bring himself and TNA further publicity. Besides here's one way to help you refine your opinion, here's a tip, blame the network executives like A&E, VH1 and Spike TV. Those people who run the show there obviously know they can make some sort of money off of Hogan. I personally can't stand this concept of him doing anything that breaks his Hulk Hogan character, but sadly enough according to what the networks consider a success, these networks have time and again found an audience that was willing to buy into Hogan's personal life. Why anyone would be interested in the personal lives of celebrities even the ones they like is beyond me. I watch to be entertained by a character and a story, if I want scandals I'll look at my own life and create drama, I don't need it spoon fed to me like most people who watch reality television do.

Maybe it's time most people look at other parts of TNA and wrestling in general and avoid always playing the let's blame Hulk Hogan game. All the champions in TNA are under forty years old and many of these same people are involved in major storylines with the vets like Hogan and Flair, it's up to those performers now to see if they can use the rub to their full advantage. People love blaming the vets for scenarios where the young talent is being held down, but sometimes many of these detractors are so far off the mark in regards to this idea. Yes it's true many of these young people lose out on segment time to some of these vets, but in the ring which is where the damned focus should be anyway is where you are getting these guys doing what the older folks can't do the same way anymore and that's wrestle. However these days most people find the word wrestling or any of its forms to be as dirty as an F-BOMB or the C-WORD but I suppose that's the price we pay for today's product being what it is. And we get to see that, so let's not act like these vets are taking up all the TV time, because they are surely not. Such exaggeration is unnecessary, it's counterproductive and it takes away from any credibility that detractors may think they have in an argument.

In closing, be a little more objective in your post, all I hear is the same tired old rants and complaints about things which are at best disputable and at worst downright inaccurate.

I don't know if people will still be interested at this point. Hogan was the center of controversy a few years ago, but with Sarah Palin and Jersey Shore receiving the most attention for their shows I doubt Hogan's new reality show will be the same.

The divorce and his son's car accident aren't really as relevant as before. I'm sure people will tune in and watch. I seriously doubt it will do anything for TNA though.

I actually liked Hogan knows best. You got a little taste of what he does in his everyday life. The focus of the show was never about him, it was about the problems and antics of his family. To me the show normalized Hogan. Before that he was the larger than life icon that changed the wrestling world. But because of it I see him as that and a genuinely good dude, who acts like the rest of us and has human flaws. It changed my whole perspective on him.

If he indeed has a new show in the works, I'll watch it and I know plenty of people who will to. Some of them who never watched wrestling but watched Hogan Knows Best because it was on VH1. Those people will now see Hogan and his family on a show talking about TNA and how great it is. They'll look it up, maybe like it, and become a fan.

There is plenty of reward in this show with very little risk. Fans who will hate on the show, probably already lost respect for him before this and I doubt this will make many people loathe him or TNA any more than they already do. The reward is TNA getting potentially mainstream exposure and gaining a bigger audience.

Even if the show isn't a huge hit, it will get people talking about Hogan, who will be talking about TNA. He's stayed out of the celebrity media spotlight for a while now so he has lost some of his relevance in the mainstream. But if the show is on VH1 or E!, people will watch.

Hogan is broke and will take any scrap thrown to him. His ex-wife took him for about everything and he needs money, no matter where it comes from. I can't blame him for taking any money making opportunity he is offered. Even if the show isn't a success, he will make a few bucks.

I don't have much hope for the show to have long term success, though I wish him luck. His previous show was popular mainly because of Brooke, who later spun off here own show. I'll probably tune in to see what its all about, but I'm not a fan of reality shows so I'll probably only see one show.

Ric-Flair.jpg

He should stay off television period wether it be wrestling, reality tv or anything else. Hogans time has come and gone its about time that he comes to terms with the fact he's stayed around to long and all he is doing is wrecking the legacy he once had.

I think him wanting to do another show is a combo of a couple things:

His ex-wife being a money-grubbing bitch is the big one. She reamed him good in the divorce and he needs money. I doubt the contract he signed with TNA was that much.

He needs the spot light on him. He isn't getting enough of it from TNA, so he thinks by doing another reality show he can gain some more of that fame.

It's a real shame. Imagine how great Hogan's legacy would have been if he had left the WWF and "stopped." No WCW. No TNA. Just walked away on top.

I'm sorry, I watched that Hogan documentary thing on A&E, and it was basically hocking his biography. I think he is addicted to the fame monster. Sad to say there are people in this world no matter what the outcome, will want to be in the spotlight AT ALL COSTS. As much as Hogan will want to try to spin this to make it look like he's going to tell the whole story behind his new life, we all know its going to be more damage control, and more publicity for anything and everything. Granted, I agree he's been through hell, and his documentary about his depression and alcoholism, I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE, no matter how conceited or anything they've become. But spin it all you want, we know this is another way to have him be in control of his publicity, could it be a good thing? Who knows? But the last time they did a reality show, it ended in divorce, and the track record right now for couples doing reality shows is not a very good one, and if I were him and his new bride, I'd REALLY reconsider that whole thing. You ask any of those couples who did one of those Newlywed-Life type shows, and they would all tell you they regret it. So, I hope he would just end up turning it down, besides, the market is very oversaturated with all these private lives on display, and he should've learned his lesson from the LAST time he did one of these shows.

I'm sorry, I watched that Hogan documentary thing on A&E, and it was basically hocking his biography. I think he is addicted to the fame monster. Sad to say there are people in this world no matter what the outcome, will want to be in the spotlight AT ALL COSTS. As much as Hogan will want to try to spin this to make it look like he's going to tell the whole story behind his new life, we all know its going to be more damage control, and more publicity for anything and everything. Granted, I agree he's been through hell, and his documentary about his depression and alcoholism, I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE, no matter how conceited or anything they've become. But spin it all you want, we know this is another way to have him be in control of his publicity, could it be a good thing? Who knows? But the last time they did a reality show, it ended in divorce, and the track record right now for couples doing reality shows is not a very good one, and if I were him and his new bride, I'd REALLY reconsider that whole thing. You ask any of those couples who did one of those Newlywed-Life type shows, and they would all tell you they regret it. So, I hope he would just end up turning it down, besides, the market is very oversaturated with all these private lives on display, and he should've learned his lesson from the LAST time he did one of these shows.

That's why I learned a long time ago man, that never put too much stock into who these people are in real life, because they'll always find a way to disappoint you. The track record for reality show TV couples is horrible, no doubt about it, but this should not shock any of us at all. But these people put themselves in that position, I don't sympathize with people like Terry Bollea, because plain and simply put, I don't know the man, I sympathize with the idea of what these people go through, but it doesn't affect my life in anyway shape or form. It's not as if he is a friend or family member. But I'll always be grateful that he took the persona of Hulk Hogan and played arguably the most important role in revolutionizing professional wrestling. However, this is not a shock that he would take the opportunity to potentially do another reality show. This all just par for the course man. I don't know what the true idea is behind this next reality show, but if there's an audience that the networks seem to be an adequate enough one to support this venture, then all the power to those involved. The best way to counter the potential negativity of this idea is to ignore it, I know that more likely than not, I will not be watching this show. The Hulk Hogan character for me has been hit or miss since the 2000s, however I still believe he has something to offer in pro wrestling, I just don't know when that time's going to come, but I don't see this reality show being that thing. Again, like I had mentioned it in my last post as a fan, I can understand the reason for this show being conceived but as a fan I'm woefully disappointed, but that's just the way it is.

This time, I hope its worse then it was before and he DOES end up shooting himself. Seriously, this guy has destroyed careers. He needs a backseat. Or die.

That being said, it's good he's getting SOMETHING. I don't expect this thing to last more than 9 months. Jersey Shore has pretty much dominated reality TV so...

This time, I hope its worse then it was before and he DOES end up shooting himself. Seriously, this guy has destroyed careers. He needs a backseat. Or die.

That being said, it's good he's getting SOMETHING. I don't expect this thing to last more than 9 months. Jersey Shore has pretty much dominated reality TV so...

And seriously you are putting up nonconstructive and unneeded postings, why don't you go and post something with merit, instead you're just trying to get a rise out of people and pull the typical troll card. What's the point dude, seriously? I know you are doing this to get a rise out of people and I'm probably a less than intelligent person for even dignifying your statement.

However, forum posters like you just warrant the need to be called out on your idiocy. So you're a backstage authority on anything and everything that's ever happened in the world of wrestling, if you can show me uncontested proof that you indeed are, then I'll be impressed. But otherwise, just shut up and go find other internet trolls to congregate with, because we don't need it in a place where people want to speak intelligently about something.

Well seeing, I usually don't post at all and not really make any trouble on Wrestlezone I don't know how that's considering Trolling. It's a true fact. His reality TV show's after effect was pretty much the worst time in his life. And what's more that instead of finally understanding that there are other people except himself he runs a decent wrestling company into the ground for himself because a phone call saved him from not killing himself. So yeah, I do hope he ends up killing himself after this because quite frankly he cannot stay retired and even if does NOT want to stay retired which is fine, elevate young talent not make another NWO with a drugged up champion. And I'm not trolling in any way, did I say anything bad about you, or anyone else in wrestlezone? I just despise him that's all. There are so many people positing up the "JOHN CENA SUX" threads all day, is that considering trolling as well? I'm speaking my mind here and so are you. So, I don't see a problem with what I posted.

Well seeing, I usually don't post at all and not really make any trouble on Wrestlezone I don't know how that's considering Trolling. It's a true fact. His reality TV show's after effect was pretty much the worst time in his life. And what's more that instead of finally understanding that there are other people except himself he runs a decent wrestling company into the ground for himself because a phone call saved him from not killing himself. So yeah, I do hope he ends up killing himself after this because quite frankly he cannot stay retired and even if does NOT want to stay retired which is fine, elevate young talent not make another NWO with a drugged up champion. And I'm not trolling in any way, did I say anything bad about you, or anyone else in wrestlezone? I just despise him that's all. There are so many people positing up the "JOHN CENA SUX" threads all day, is that considering trolling as well? I'm speaking my mind here and so are you. So, I don't see a problem with what I posted.

I don't begrudge people for posting opinions about things, you're anti-Hogan that is fine, no one is stopping you from thinking that way, but when you bring up the concept of hoping someone shoots themselves is pretty stupid and doesn't contribute at all to what the original point of this post was. If there's anything that I wish to have die is the concept of Hogan doing another reality show. The first one to me was not worth my time and I never watched it, the chaos and controversy that ensued afterwards, it is what it is, his family got put in the limelight and a lot of suffering happened because of it. Which that same suffering mind you really did happen on both sides, if you want the truth. But at the same time, no one told that 22 year old Marine John Graziano to go carousing with the Hogans and get tanked. A responsible individual such as this man should have been VERY AWARE of his actions since he took the oath to serve our country. It's sad to think that a 22 year old would so willingly be influenced by a 17 year old celebrity kid when you break it all right down. Being the older and more responsible individual who bore the title United States Marine, Graziano should have made it clear that there was no way in hell they were going to get plastered and pull a Fast And The Furious on the streets of Clearwater, Florida. I say this because I myself took that same oath nearly ten years ago, and understood that as an individual you carry yourself to a higher standard and maturity level. Obviously, John Graziano while he did not deserve to have that happen to him, made just as big if not a bigger error in judgment that night than anyone else involved. I personally could not stand the fact the Hogan comments made that were on that tape when he visited his son, no matter how out of context they could have been, but it's what you expect from typical celebrities. They need to make bucks and that's the only way they know how to function, and we as a society in the greater whole eat it up.

Even though Hogan is what he is as his real self Terry Bollea; a disappointment and arguably proof of how unwise idol worship tends to be; it shouldn't shock us about what he might really be behind the "red and yellow". It's no surprise considering the fact that he's a celebrity (most of them are assholes to me, until proven otherwise) I'm not going to go and say that I hope he shoots himself. That's just plain ridiculous and stupid, and it only creates a negative vibe and counteracts any constructive discussion of the matter at hand, even for as trivial as it truly is in the long run.

Other than that presidency angle in 1998 which was all a fake retirement angle that served as a ruse for the nWo's reformation, Hogan has never had a retirement, just sabbaticals. There's quite a difference, as far as Hogan's role in wrestling today, I don't see him carrying the company as a champion or trying to work matches. I've seen him over the years wrestling individuals that can claim in storyline that they had gotten a win over the "Babe Ruth of Wrestling" only to not be able to carry that momentum for the long haul. Think all you want about the man personally, but he is not the keeper of these stars in wrestling. The cream most of the time will rise, and Hogan can only do so much to make these people into stars. As far as his current role in TNA goes, yea I've seen him in a lot of segment time. But then again I don't hear people bitch up when Vince McMahon had his ass kissing club and his title reigns as WWF and ECW Champion, if you want to talk about a self-gratifying and ego driven pathology look no further than the esteemed WWE Chairman. I'll admit I had a soft spot for the Austin-McMahon feud, but there was some stuff that Vince McMahon never needed to do to get his point across. And it just seems like Hogan is derided much harsher for doing much less by comparison. And I don't care about JR's declaration of VKM's inevitable "comeuppance", how many times did we really need to see Vince's ass? From William Regal to Shawn Michaels it seems like quite a few people can lay claim to an up close and personal viewing of Vince's duff. Until the day I see someone literally liplock Hulk Hogan's UV-ravaged backside on live TV, Vince McMahon will always make The Hulkster look like Mr. Modest by comparison.

And lastly, what's up with playing the moral police here with Jeff Hardy's behavior outside of the ring? Yeah, it's a shame someone is going to do something stupid like he did when he got arrested last year, but you know what, the judicial system has been less than expeditious in doing anything about what he did, by being so "offended" by Hogan being the manager of a "drugged out champion", you're making Hardy out to sound like Pablo Escobar, when he's anything but. I'm not saying I'd want to rely on a guy with major chemical dependencies like him, but unless you're living in North Carolina and are a taxpayer of that state, why do you really care what Jeff Hardy's legal woes are really all about? Sure, he has the potential to hurt someone seriously in the ring, and if I were TNA's brass, I personally would be cautious about employing someone like this. But again, I am not playing the moral compass here on this guy's lifestyle. Ain't worth my time, although it's a difficult art to do these days, I like trying to keep things kayfabe.

Therefore, I hope you can see where I might challenge a statement that you didn't bother to back up or really argue. Hence, why I think you're a troll.

Well that was pretty long.

As far as comparing Hogan's ego and McMahon's ego I do admit both of them are megalomaniacs but one runs a global corporation while the other is driving a company into the ground. Ratings speak for themselves.

Also, you're over-analyzing my statement when I said "Drugged up champion" I don't mean Drugs are bad, just describing Jeff Hardy. If I call Matt Hardy Fatt Hardy, I don't hate Fat people, I think Matt is just a little out of shape.

Secondly, I sincerly believe Hogan should shoot himself, along with most of the morons in the republican party (Especially Palin) and pretty much most of the Corporate America who, by the way runs that country and uses the soldiers, not to defend anyone but for own agenda. And no, this isn't a conspiracy. This is 100% factual. Don't believe me? Look at the Bush Administration for the past 8 years and their favoritism. Look at the profits gained by Wall Street in the past 8 years and look at the poverty in the past 8 years. But that's besides the point...

Ah yes, me trolling. I don't know why you're snapping over me saying Hogan should kill himself. I have my opinion, you have yours. I did present a argument that his reality TV show will burn to the ground in about 9 months in my original post so that really summed up my arguments about Hogan. I prefer not to write up paragraphs because I'm way too friggin' lazy; and this also isn't a protest against writing big paragraphs. So yeah, Hogan should kill himself and this reality show will burn to the ground. Oh and also, if we wanna talk politics, message me and I'll make a thread and we can talk over there I'd best avoid an infraction talking about politics in a wrestling thread.

Well that was pretty long.

As far as comparing Hogan's ego and McMahon's ego I do admit both of them are megalomaniacs but one runs a global corporation while the other is driving a company into the ground. Ratings speak for themselves.

Also, you're over-analyzing my statement when I said "Drugged up champion" I don't mean Drugs are bad, just describing Jeff Hardy. If I call Matt Hardy Fatt Hardy, I don't hate Fat people, I think Matt is just a little out of shape.

Secondly, I sincerly believe Hogan should shoot himself, along with most of the morons in the republican party (Especially Palin) and pretty much most of the Corporate America who, by the way runs that country and uses the soldiers, not to defend anyone but for own agenda. And no, this isn't a conspiracy. This is 100% factual. Don't believe me? Look at the Bush Administration for the past 8 years and their favoritism. Look at the profits gained by Wall Street in the past 8 years and look at the poverty in the past 8 years. But that's besides the point...

Ah yes, me trolling. I don't know why you're snapping over me saying Hogan should kill himself. I have my opinion, you have yours. I did present a argument that his reality TV show will burn to the ground in about 9 months in my original post so that really summed up my arguments about Hogan. I prefer not to write up paragraphs because I'm way too friggin' lazy; and this also isn't a protest against writing big paragraphs. So yeah, Hogan should kill himself and this reality show will burn to the ground. Oh and also, if we wanna talk politics, message me and I'll make a thread and we can talk over there I'd best avoid an infraction talking about politics in a wrestling thread.

Hmmm...you are correct sir, when I don't have character limits, I do indeed take advantage, sometimes even to my own chagrin so I can agree with you. And while I won't get too crazy with politics here, I'll admit there are some ideals I do have that did not always agree with my military status. One of the main reasons why I am a fully discharged veteran after eight years of combined active/inactive time. Therefore, I am not going to argue with your complete assessment in that regard. I just don't really dig the whole wishing death upon people thing, it happens to us all at one point or another anyway, death that is.

One last thing to mention with Hogan and Vince though, while TNA's ratings are nothing like WWE's, Hogan's presence considering his reputation should have done more for TNA, but as fans we should expect better out of Vince.

Anyway man, since you debated with me in a matter that I can appreciate and while I am still not in total agreement, I will definitely talk to you some more in the future. Take care, boss.

I have to say it because well its oh so true ...Hulk Hogan is the BRET Farve of Wrestling. It is plain and simple he cannot handle not being in the spotlight.

Some TNA fanatics say it will help TNA. Sorry boys and girls that is bullshit. Hulk is out for one person himself. TNA will be used to promote his new reality show Brother and that is all TNA will become.

Look at Brooke knows best how many times did ole Terry show up at her door so he could be on TV ? In the first season I lost count it was like he lived there and the second season was worse. If memory serves he joked a few times that he should move in to keep an eye on her. More like so the cameras could keep on him.

Hogan is no Savior of TNA he is an old washed up never had anything but the 3 moves of Doom, punch big kick and leg drop, and only cares about who he can milk next to keep his name out there.

As I said before the Bret Farve of Wrestling. Just look how Bret is killing the Vikings as he did the Jets. Hogan cares for Hogan that's it so please stop trying to make him something he is not.

Alight, real quick, Last season Everyone was all about brett favre and how good he was doing. the guy is having a bad season.

As far as Hogan goes.... I'm not going to sit here and go on and on about how much I hate Hulk Hogan (even tho I do) but I will say this; My whole childhood, I was the typical red and Yellow wearing little kid and I couldn't get enough of wrestling, mainly because of the Hulkster.

Even during his many returns to WWE post WCW, I didn't hate him. His match(s) with the rock, Lesnar, ect.. But then.... We witnessed the ego of Hogan come back.

The night that Hulk Hogan beat Shawn Michaels; That was the first thing that really got me scratching my head. (ESPECIALLY when HBK said that they agreed to have Shawn go over in that match and have hogan win in a cage at judgement day ) HBK even said on his DVD that Hogan changed the outcome of the match THAT night, saying that He would put over HBK at judgement day instead. watch the match, you can see HBK making an ass out of the HUlk Hogan moveset.

But then, The nail in the coffin for me. Hulk Hogan beating Randy Orton. Now, what in the hell did hogan have to gain? (this is another situation where he changed the outcome pre match *source* randy orton shoot on youtube) It was supposed to be Orton going over. not the other way around. this is what really did it.

Hulk Hogan is a self absorbed, self-aggrandizing, greedy douchebag. Giving him another platform that could be referred to as the Hulk Hogan show, would only make matters worse. He is undeserving of what little respect he gets. He needs to pack his bags and head the hell away from the wrestling biz. the stupid bastard belongs doing nothing but his rent-a-center commercials.

The night that Hulk Hogan beat Shawn Michaels; That was the first thing that really got me scratching my head. (ESPECIALLY when HBK said that they agreed to have Shawn go over in that match and have hogan win in a cage at judgement day ) HBK even said on his DVD that Hogan changed the outcome of the match THAT night, saying that He would put over HBK at judgement day instead. watch the match, you can see HBK making an ass out of the HUlk Hogan moveset.

But then, The nail in the coffin for me. Hulk Hogan beating Randy Orton. Now, what in the hell did hogan have to gain? (this is another situation where he changed the outcome pre match *source* randy orton shoot on youtube) It was supposed to be Orton going over. not the other way around. this is what really did it.

You are talking about the same Shawn Michaels that supposedly didn't want to rematch Bret Hart at WrestleMania 13 because he lost his smile? Just wanting to make sure. The whole SummerSlam 2005 stuff about him and Hogan who the hell really knows unless you are one of the performers, the book or a creative team member. It's all here-say and nothing more, besides at HBK's stage in his career him losing to Hogan couldn't be any worse than the stuff he did later on his career like kissing Vince's ass (which we'll get into soon). So please spare me the BS rumors, there's no place for them in a true discussion about this subject.

Now I am not going to say I know what happened for a fact about Shawn Michaels throughout his career, but to go and attack Hogan on his backstage behavior but give Shawn Michaels a get out of jail free card because he found god is just plain stupid. I just loathe the "I'm Shawn Michaels and I found GOD and I am a better person because of it schtick". Because if you want my opinion his true support of Christianity and his love for God is something that we can speculate MORE about than Hulk Hogan's supposed unwillingness to put people over. Because let's see....if I remember right HBK has worked with a man (Vince McMahon) that booked him into a tag team match with "God" to face him and his son Shane at Backlash 2006. Now say what you want, Shawn Michaels is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, but I am not going to sit here and think he's such a great person either. The one thing I'll say is that Hogan's reality show at least unearthed how superficial and materialistic him and his family are, like you couldn't ever see that coming considering how much money he's made in this business. I am not shocked at all...but Shawn Michaels we can surely make a case for being no better. In my opinion, Shawn is just as big a hypocrite as any of these people. There was NO NEED for Shawn Michaels to have to involve God into any of his storylines. The fact that he tag teamed with "God" and had Vince openly make fun of religion is disgusting. There could have been more tasteful ways to test Michael's faith instead of having him kiss Vince's ass and teaming up with "God". What Shawn Michaels did was outright blasphemy, sure the Bible has some stories about some really nasty stuff, and not that I mind distasteful things. It's just that if Shawn Michaels truly honored his Christian beliefs, he never would have resorted to McMahon's ridiculous ideas. After all, if the stories of the HBK of old were accurate, you'd have thought he'd use his unwillingness to a more positive extent this time and NOT allow his faith to be mocked. And yes I KNOW HBK got his revenge on the McMahons as he gave them their comeuppance. But a true Christian would have found a more tactful way instead. The use of Vince McMahon's ass in this allegory makes me truly question someone like Shawn Michaels more than Hulk Hogan. Because at least with Hulk Hogan I can tell he's some rich asshole that's out for himself, but with HBK I have to wonder how true his Christian feelings are. And besides, nothing will ever change the fact that aforementioned speculation of what HBK was like as a youngster, the only reason most people buy into his "reformed tripe" is because WWE sold you and everyone else a bunch of bullshit that sounded good and looked good. If Hulk Hogan had done the same thing for Vince and decided to come back to WWE instead of going to TNA, I am sure a lot of idiots would have fallen for it too. Make no mistake, I am surely am entertained by McMahon's BS, but I can tell that it's BS, I am not going to be gullible and believe that these people are who they're marketed to be inside the ring and out, fuck that noise. And if you truly buy the WWE hype machine, then you have my deepest condolences. But just to show you why I question how sincere HBK is here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD8cJMZ-IH4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDB9UhKxK9o&feature=related

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3547/3362065463_57a5957144.jpg

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Vince_McMahon's_Kiss_My_Ass_Club

As far as Randy Orton goes, if you dare want to make an assumption on Randy Orton said about the original outcomes of his match with Hulk Hogan provide some god damned sources like you should have with HBK. If there's one thing I can't stand more is when people make a claim and dare not want to show the proof. Please show me the PROOF i.e. the Randy Orton shoot on youtube that you didn't even bother linking to us that talked about this original outcome. I have nothing against Randy Orton as a performer and despite being an HONORABLY discharged Marine veteran, I can look past the fact that he went AWOL because the Marine life wasn't for him, however your disdain for Hogan not putting him over is also debatable if I remember right, Randy Orton had been quite the troublemaker those past few months and there's no lying about that just go to these links:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070311.../06/randy-orton-speaks-out-on-his-suspension/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/archive/index.php/t-109488581.html

So I would like to argue that it's VERY possible that Randy Orton's professional behavior or lack there of, is the bigger reason why he lost to Hulk Hogan more than Hogan's geriatric temper tantrums being a reason. Again neither you or I were there to see this go down, but I would say that I have a better leg to stand on then you do, because you were not even able to provide any basis or proof for your arguments. You see unlike you, I won't resort to naming certain incidents Orton has been accused of in the past, even before his suspension because I am not going to speculate on something that I have no REAL idea has any credence.

We're both in agreement that Hulk Hogan is an ego maniac, but I disagree with how you paint him out to be one to the degree that you do, especially when you cite two individuals who also have a rap sheet according to the "experts" which if you even belief half of what Orton and Michaels do in the first place, makes Hogan seem kind of tame.

So I'm waiting for a solid rebuttal here, yea my post is long and laborious and I hope you can read it and understand it all, but I'm trying to make a point here. Please feel free to challenge me on anything I've said. I look forward to it.

I have to say it because well its oh so true ...Hulk Hogan is the BRET Farve of Wrestling. It is plain and simple he cannot handle not being in the spotlight.

Some TNA fanatics say it will help TNA. Sorry boys and girls that is bullshit. Hulk is out for one person himself. TNA will be used to promote his new reality show Brother and that is all TNA will become.

Look at Brooke knows best how many times did ole Terry show up at her door so he could be on TV ? In the first season I lost count it was like he lived there and the second season was worse. If memory serves he joked a few times that he should move in to keep an eye on her. More like so the cameras could keep on him.

Hogan is no Savior of TNA he is an old washed up never had anything but the 3 moves of Doom, punch big kick and leg drop, and only cares about who he can milk next to keep his name out there.

As I said before the Bret Farve of Wrestling. Just look how Bret is killing the Vikings as he did the Jets. Hogan cares for Hogan that's it so please stop trying to make him something he is not.

Actually, it's Brett Favre, and I'm sorry if Terry Bollea burst your bubble about the whole fantasy of his aura as wrestling's number one superhero. Face facts bucko, this is the entertainment business, and I don't ever begrudge the concept of someone making a living, even if they are as old and worn out like Hulk Hogan. Blame the people who are willing to pay the money in the first place.

Stop acting like you think the wrestling business is full of buddhists, saints or angelic sprits, because that's far from the case. If people like you truly have a problem with how these individuals make money, don't support them then. It's as easy as that. If no one ever bought into the Hulkamania schtick we wouldn't have this problem in the first place, it's the price our society pays for putting such an emphasis on idol worship. I hope your little heart isn't breaking over this, because it ain't worth that much.

Sorry for the cynical rap here, but that's just the truth boss, again sorry for the bubble bursting.

Now I am not going to say I know what happened for a fact about Shawn Michaels throughout his career, but to go and attack Hogan on his backstage behavior but give Shawn Michaels a get out of jail free card because he found god is just plain stupid. I just loathe the "I'm Shawn Michaels and I found GOD and I am a better person because of it schtick". Because if you want my opinion his true support of Christianity and his love for God is something that we can speculate MORE about than Hulk Hogan's supposed unwillingness to put people over. Because let's see....if I remember right HBK has worked with a man (Vince McMahon) that booked him into a tag team match with "God" to face him and his son Shane at Backlash 2006. Now say what you want, Shawn Michaels is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, but I am not going to sit here and think he's such a great person either. The one thing I'll say is that Hogan's reality show at least unearthed how superficial and materialistic him and his family are, like you couldn't ever see that coming considering how much money he's made in this business. I am not shocked at all...but Shawn Michaels we can surely make a case for being no better. In my opinion, Shawn is just as big a hypocrite as any of these people. There was NO NEED for Shawn Michaels to have to involve God into any of his storylines. The fact that he tag teamed with "God" and had Vince openly make fun of religion is disgusting. There could have been more tasteful ways to test Michael's faith instead of having him kiss Vince's ass and teaming up with "God". What Shawn Michaels did was outright blasphemy, sure the Bible has some stories about some really nasty stuff, and not that I mind distasteful things. It's just that if Shawn Michaels truly honored his Christian beliefs, he never would have resorted to McMahon's ridiculous ideas. After all, if the stories of the HBK of old were accurate, you'd have thought he'd use his unwillingness to a more positive extent this time and NOT allow his faith to be mocked. And yes I KNOW HBK got his revenge on the McMahons as he gave them their comeuppance. But a true Christian would have found a more tactful way instead. The use of Vince McMahon's ass in this allegory makes me truly question someone like Shawn Michaels more than Hulk Hogan. Because at least with Hulk Hogan I can tell he's some rich asshole that's out for himself, but with HBK I have to wonder how true his Christian feelings are. And besides, nothing will ever change the fact that aforementioned speculation of what HBK was like as a youngster, the only reason most people buy into his "reformed tripe" is because WWE sold you and everyone else a bunch of bullshit that sounded good and looked good. If Hulk Hogan had done the same thing for Vince and decided to come back to WWE instead of going to TNA, I am sure a lot of idiots would have fallen for it too. Make no mistake, I am surely am entertained by McMahon's BS, but I can tell that it's BS, I am not going to be gullible and believe that these people are who they're marketed to be inside the ring and out, fuck that noise. And if you truly buy the WWE hype machine, then you have my deepest condolences. But just to show you why I question how sincere HBK is here ya go...

As far as Randy Orton goes, if you dare want to make an assumption on Randy Orton said about the original outcomes of his match with Hulk Hogan provide some god damned sources like you should have with HBK. If there's one thing I can't stand more is when people make a claim and dare not want to show the proof. Please show me the PROOF i.e. the Randy Orton shoot on youtube that you didn't even bother linking to us that talked about this original outcome. I have nothing against Randy Orton as a performer and despite being an HONORABLY discharged Marine veteran, I can look past the fact that he went AWOL because the Marine life wasn't for him, however your disdain for Hogan not putting him over is also debatable if I remember right, Randy Orton had been quite the troublemaker those past few months and there's no lying about that just go to these links:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070311.../06/randy-orton-speaks-out-on-his-suspension/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/archive/index.php/t-109488581.html

So I would like to argue that it's VERY possible that Randy Orton's professional behavior or lack there of, is the bigger reason why he lost to Hulk Hogan more than Hogan's geriatric temper tantrums being a reason. Again neither you or I were there to see this go down, but I would say that I have a better leg to stand on then you do, because you were not even able to provide any basis or proof for your arguments. You see unlike you, I won't resort to naming certain incidents Orton has been accused of in the past, even before his suspension because I am not going to speculate on something that I have no REAL idea has any credence.

We're both in agreement that Hulk Hogan is an ego maniac, but I disagree with how you paint him out to be one to the degree that you do, especially when you cite two individuals who also have a rap sheet according to the "experts" which if you even belief half of what Orton and Michaels do in the first place, makes Hogan seem kind of tame.

So I'm waiting for a solid rebuttal here, yea my post is long and laborious and I hope you can read it and understand it all, but I'm trying to make a point here. Please feel free to challenge me on anything I've said. I look forward to it.

Honestly great post man. What I was trying to say with the "hogan not jobbing" issue was he never seems to have the biz in mind. He has creative control in how he is booked. You can say no to that all you want but you know its true. Orton had alot going for him with the whole legend killing gimmick, and he had alot to gain from that match. and as far as the shoot goes, Im really not talking out of my ass when I brought that up... I really just cant find the link. its going back a few years ago.

As far as HBK goes and the whole "christain" issue. That had nothing to do with my argument. If bret hart was a consummate professional, HBK prolly would've faced him at mania. was bret a professional? Ask Montreal.

And if i'm not mistaken, Michaels "lost my smile" thing was his on air reason for leaving. (pretty sure he had an injury could be wrong)

Now, For Hulk Hogan.... Do we agree that he needs to give it up?

i don't care what he has done in his professional/personal life mr. dwayne jason you don't go wishing death on another human being, reguardless of your feelings towards them, and speaking as a person who has lost both parents and two older brothers, i can tell you it's an unspeakable horror, to know that you'll never see your love one again on this earth, but for you to say you want this man to killed himself, speaks volumes of the type of person you are which is ( an asshole) i don't know what type of parents you have but i would suggest that they go back to parenting class and figure out where they went wrong in terms of raising you, because no person, nor human being should go around making statements about someone needing to end their life, because of the misfortunes that was placed upon them, every one fucks up in life but you pick yourself up and try to do better....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back