Knockout Reality Show?

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
How would a tna knockout reality show do?
tna has been trying to get over for many many years,
and even though tna has had many successes they keep planing for the future.
and never take a time to just rest without coming up with ideas.
so how bout a tna knockout show, wwe divas show is already beating tna in ratings. but what if tna could get a tna knockout show? a reality show about madison rayne "no longer in company but might would sign back with them" & taryn terell pregnancy. and gail kim's new marriage. velvet sky chris sabin relationship. and odb and some random guy lol. and possibely even brooke hogan "if they resign her" this actaully could bring in a ladies audience, and brooke is actually quiet famous believe it or not. she's use to reality shows so how bout this?

I think it could work, Spike TV already has a line up of reality television like Bar Rescue and Ink Master. I think you would some what different then Total Divas because Spike had a different demagraphic of older males. I think it would need edgier content like more fighting and skimpier outfits. I think the Knockouts like Brooke Tessmacher, Velvet Skye and Tarryn Tarrel already have a following and could definitely draw some rating.

No, Brooke is not quite famous. TNA told you over and over again that she was famous, so that you'd think she was famous, so that they could sell her as famous. Her career consists of an album that was an absolute disaster, a television show that was just about a disaster, and more recently, a television show that's slowly turning into a disaster.

That being said.

This idea is obviously spawned from 'Total Divas', so we can't really discuss it without having the Total Divas discussion. The WWE has been working for several years now on expanding their profile beyond professional wrestling, and Total Divas is just another extension of that. The total professional wrestling market is shrinking compared to previous eras; the logical extension then is to grow your business into other fields. Total Divas isn't some project that they grabbed a dozen random ladies for and put them in front of a camera- they've been planning this move for years. Did you think they've been training so many ladies down in NXT because they think the Divas will start putting asses in seats?

Now, you look at TNA. The Knockouts are an afterthought. They don't have the structure to build this kind of project upon. Once upon a time, maybe they did- back when making a Knockouts Tag Title actually sounded like a good idea- but now, you're offering a program to a mainly male audience about people whom they don't care for or are unfamiliar with.

And then the fact that there seems to be zero interest in additional TNA programming at this time. There's a reason Xplosion has never been seen in the US.

And then the fact that TNA is shrinking expenses right now, and the expenses of new programming are likely not a topic up for discussion currently. (Zeven, I confess that I don't know for sure if baby angels are running Briggs trucks to Orlando, or if they're signing super lucrative international marketing deals either.)

There's simply no way that TNA could pull off this kind of project within two years, and by then they're going to be under a different owner.

if TNA was to do a Knockouts "reality" type show where they showed clips from the matches, stuff before the matches, stuff after the matches, as well as personal life footage from the girls.. I think it could work. I think it should do well in ratings. the Knockouts have almost always done well in the Q ratings.
I've never seen the Divas show so I don't know what all happens on there. but like any reality show you need drama and entertainment. just wrestling and interviews wouldn't do so well.

i think it'd be kind of cool to get to know the girls behind their characters. they seem like they could be possibly be interesting and not totally full of themselves (unlike the divas in wwe who actually come off as divas IMO. i don't actually believe ODB is a lunatic alcoholic that goes after any redneck she can find :) so ya, if they did it right, it could work.

I've seen the divas show, and its really cool...but the one thing IWC harp on WWE for doing--not focusing on purely wrestling but going into entertainment/reality based projects as well..

Now you want TNA to do what you've been against WWE for doing?

Guess the slogan Wrestling Matters should be dropped.

nah. It'd just be seen as a ripoff of total divas. Plus Total divas had the WWE machine to promote. A knockouts show wouldn't. I like total divas but I watch it because I don't really take any of them serious as wrestlers. When I watch the KOs I want to see wrestling.

I hybrid show could work. You have an actual wrestling show and maybe have 1 segment each week where you show a bit of one of the girls real lives.

Don't forget Total Divas are on E Channel, and the Kardashian **** family comes on after, which most likely helps the ratings for Total Divas.

Could it work? As long as TNA didn't expect the show to bring in big numbers, then I suppose it could work. On average, Total Divas outdraws Impact Wrestling both in terms of overall audience and in the male demographics that Spike cherishes above all else. It doesn't blow it out of the water or anything along those lines, but it does outdraw it. I doubt that Spike or any other network with any real juice is interested in another TNA show, otherwise I believe they would have fielded one by now. The odds of a Knockout reality show drawing a million+ viewers probably wouldn't happen. Even if it did, it might even be thought of as an embarrassment if it came close to outdrawing or even did outdraw Impact Wrestling.

WWE is a much bigger and more recognized brand than TNA. That name recognition has a lot to do with why E! was willing to pick up Total Divas in the first place. Like it or not, when people think of anything regarding professional wrestling in the United States, WWE is what springs to mind for the VAST majority. WWE is extremely well connected with the honchos at NBC Universal and NBC Universal owns USA, Syfy and E!. Raw has been the top drawing show both in terms of overall viewers and the male demos on USA for many years and SmackDown! has been the highest rated show on Syfy since it debuted. WWE programs are proven, long term draws and that gives them leverage. As someone else mentioned, the fact that Keeping Up With The Kardashians is the lead in show to Total Divas probably only helps out all the more.

One of the few times I have to disagree with Jack-Hammer.

E!'s main audience is people who want to see a train wreck. Tell me seeing the behind the scenes lives of ODB, Velvet Sky, Gail Kim (who's married to Food Network personality Robert Irvine, btw), and Taryn Terrell wouldn't wet their palette.

Also, the off chance of seeing either Velvet Sky or Taryn in lingerie or in everyday settings would draw ratings that would be about on par with Total Divas. Total Knockouts is also a catchy name.

So yea, it could work. Just need to make sure there's gratuitous shots of Velvet or Taryn doing something erotic once a show.

I'm not interested in what WWE is doing or why. I am interested in seeing the KO division improve to 2007 standards. Back then that division was actually beating the divas...and they did it without any reality show. For me a reality show is a really lame idea and sounds like something McMahon would think was cool...Its right up his alley. Sorry to dissapoint all the plants posting here but no! No reality shows. I'm interested in wrestling. Its why I watch TNA.

and even though tna has had many successes they keep planing for the future.
and never take a time to just rest without coming up with ideas.

No idea what you're talking about here... TNA come up with ideas all the time. Sucessful ones? That's another issue.

Anyway TNA did a "reality" show, British Boot Camp, which was apparently very successful ratings wise. Talking in the UK here, not even sure if it was shown in America. Anyway according to Dixie that show was done because the UK network that shows TNA (Challenge) wanted more TNA programming. Whereas with Spike they don't want to do that, I mean they did with Reaction which was another type of reality show but that flopped, (although I actually loved it!)

One solely based on the Knockouts I probably wouldn't watch. Collectively I don't find them interesting enough.

I don't think they should have one mostly because it would be seen as a blatant rip off of Total Divas. Also, I don't know how many of you guys watch Total Divas but I caught an episode once and was pleasantly surprised it was very intriguing and somehow kept me from turning the channel and I don't think the knockouts would be able to generate that kind of intrigue from me anyway

TNA already gets complaints because of things it tries to copy from WWE. Doing a mock knockout reality show would be yet another direct ripoff of something that WWE did first. So my answer on a TNA KO reality show would be no. I do think TNA could branch out though and maybe do something similar to what they did with TNA Reaction in which talents talked about behind-the-scenes stuff and promoted their storylines. At least that way it would be a reality show but a total roster type of focus show which would be something different from what WWE is currently doing with "total divas". With TNA's recent financial woes, I'm not sure they could afford to do any reality show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back