Hiding behind the bar room rules like a bunch of bitches

For the record, my name's been mentioned as part of the MSN group a few times, but I can't say I've ever been part of a group discussing the staff.

Really, my contribution to the discussions is usually raising hell and telling TM to fuck himself.

And banning me from Wikipedia.

For people that aren't quite sure what the hell we're talking about, here's the basic idea.

There apparently is a group of posters here that are absolutely sick of the staff as they feel we dominate the boards and that no one can get a fair shake unless they're in "our little clique". This is total and complete bullshit. We've been told by someone that there was a plan organized by this group to rep each other to the point where their reputations would be so high that one or more of them would have to be modded, leading to one day them being able to get rid of the current staff. This simply will not work and the staff is tired of having to deal with the drama and bullshit taht comes with their hypocriticalness. We've asked them many times to come to us and talk about this, but no one has. This is likely their last opportunity to do so.

If anyone involved in this wants to discuss it rationally, please PM or whatever any member of the staff. We want this to end one way or the other.

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao: OMFG....can't breath...laughing too hard....

Serious if anyone actually believes this plan will work, you are a fucking ******, stand up step away from your computer, put your helmet on hop back aboard the short bus and attempt to grow a brain cell, anyone who honestly believes this that the amount of rep determines who gets modded has got to be the biggest dumbass on earth

because whatever stupid little war is going on between the mods and this msn group is slowly starting to leak back onto the forums, and it needs to be addressed, because I for one am getting sick and tired of it, and am about to go old School Jonny on everyone.

For people that aren't quite sure what the hell we're talking about, here's the basic idea.

There apparently is a group of posters here that are absolutely sick of the staff as they feel we dominate the boards and that no one can get a fair shake unless they're in "our little clique". This is total and complete bullshit. We've been told by someone that there was a plan organized by this group to rep each other to the point where their reputations would be so high that one or more of them would have to be modded, leading to one day them being able to get rid of the current staff. This simply will not work and the staff is tired of having to deal with the drama and bullshit taht comes with their hypocriticalness. We've asked them many times to come to us and talk about this, but no one has. This is likely their last opportunity to do so.

If anyone involved in this wants to discuss it rationally, please PM or whatever any member of the staff. We want this to end one way or the other.

All right, I'll come out, for the sake of helping end this drama and giving y'all what you want to hear. If it gets me imprisoned, so be it.

There was a group of posters, as klunderbunker said, who mainly congregated on MSN and who decided to rep each other to get noticed. But, klunderbunker, this is where our reports on this group are going to differ. First, it was never the intention of this group to "oust" the current staff and "usurp" their powers. Rather, it was their intention to look out for each other's posts in the non-spam sections and give these posts positive and detailed rep comments. Second, this group was not about bitching about the mods. Rather, it was about how to get a spot as a moderator. It was the belief of this group that the current staff would choose future moderators on feedback. And, what tool for feedback is better than rep comments? Thus, why rep played such an important part in the plan of this group. Third, admittedly, certain members of this group did libel current members of staff, but that was of their own volition; the group, to the best of my knowledge, never conspired to malign members of staff.

It should be obvious by this point that I was asked to be a member of this group and that I accepted, for two reasons: one, I didn't think it was such a bad idea, as I respected the posting abilities of those already within the group and I thought that getting a little bit of a rub from them would not hurt in the least; and, two, there were certain members of this group that I thought were more than deserving of a spot on staff, and I wanted to help them in any way possible.

I will never out the members of this group, as someone else has that was asked to join this group and, to the best of my knowledge, was a part of it at one point (I'm only on MSN occasionally, and I never saw this certain person on there in the group conversations I was invited to, but I was told by other members of the group that this poster was a part of it). I have simply come out with this so that you have an accurate picture of what the "MSN group" was all about and what its intentions were.

Oh, and before it comes up, yes, I have had beef with staff here, with one member in particular and, in one instance, with the staff in general. The one member of staff I have already squashed my beef with, and I apologized to him and told him that the problems I had with him should have been handled through PM rather than out in public. The one instance I mention is CCS' imprisonment, which I still disagree with, but I respect the staff's position on him nonetheless. These problems in no way, shape, or form emanated from my affiliation with this group, and I suspect that the same is true for other members of this group and their past or present problems with staff.

All right, I'll come out, for the sake of helping end this drama and giving y'all what you want to hear. If it gets me imprisoned, so be it.

There was a group of posters, as klunderbunker said, who mainly congregated on MSN and who decided to rep each other to get noticed. But, klunderbunker, this is where our reports on this group are going to differ. First, it was never the intention of this group to "oust" the current staff and "usurp" their powers. Rather, it was their intention to look out for each other's posts in the non-spam sections and give these posts positive and detailed rep comments. Second, this group was not about bitching about the mods. Rather, it was about how to get a spot as a moderator. It was the belief of this group that the current staff would choose future moderators on feedback. And, what tool for feedback is better than rep comments? Thus, why rep played such an important part in the plan of this group. Third, admittedly, certain members of this group did libel current members of staff, but that was of their own volition; the group, to the best of my knowledge, never conspired to malign members of staff.

It should be obvious by this point that I was asked to be a member of this group and that I accepted, for two reasons: one, I didn't think it was such a bad idea, as I respected the posting abilities of those already within the group and I thought that getting a little bit of a rub from them would not hurt in the least; and, two, there were certain members of this group that I thought were more than deserving of a spot on staff, and I wanted to help them in any way possible.

I will never out the members of this group, as someone else has that was asked to join this group and, to the best of my knowledge, was a part of it at one point (I'm only on MSN occasionally, and I never saw this certain person on there in the group conversations I was invited to, but I was told by other members of the group that this poster was a part of it). I have simply come out with this so that you have an accurate picture of what the "MSN group" was all about and what its intentions were.

Oh, and before it comes up, yes, I have had beef with staff here, with one member in particular and, in one instance, with the staff in general. The one member of staff I have already squashed my beef with, and I apologized to him and told him that the problems I had with him should have been handled through PM rather than out in public. The one instance I mention is CCS' imprisonment, which I still disagree with, but I respect the staff's position on him nonetheless. These problems in no way, shape, or form emanated from my affiliation with this group, and I suspect that the same is true for other members of this group and their past or present problems with staff.

My respect for you has instantly gone through the roof. Allow me to clarify a few things in general though.

Rep means jack shit. The mods aren't dumb enough to rely just on that and the comments in it to determine who are good posters and who aren't. We determine such things by simply reading the posts and seeing who is consistant and who isn't. This is the example I have used for my entire stay on WZ: suppose that right now all rep is completely set equal to say, 10 points. Someone reps the newest poster we have, making him the highest repped poster on here. Does that make him better than Sam, IC, Shocky etc? Of course not. It means someone thought something of one thing he said. If rep disappeared tomorrow, we would know who was good and who wasn't.

As for handling this through PMs, we've tried to do that and have been met with either no replies or the same exact outcomes. There is no point to this as it simply isn't going to work. If the staff feels a person has earned a spot, it'll be discussed and if/when a spot becomes available, we discuss it and IC/Shocky make the final decision. What I find most ironic is this: some people involved in this were on our short list for candidates. This has caused them to be removed from it.

moral of the story: HAVE PATIENCE.

My question is do these people really understand exactly what a mod does?, I mean seriously it's not just all fun and games, the mods are given a thankless job, where they deal with a bunch of people complaining more often than not, I've been a mod and i assure you it's not nearly as much fun as some people may think

I just wanted rep. :thumbsup:

Me too. Rep may not mean you get to be a mod, but I just like opening control panel and seeing new rep. I could care less about who gets modded or not.

As far as bitching about staff goes, look at what the most popular threads always are. It's the NorCal thread, the Jake and Sam thread, etc. It is the mod threads. I bet if we showed activity at different points in the day, there would be spikes when NorCal is on. KB starts most of the spam threads, and participates in most of the Lounge threads, and is an outstanding non-Spam and wrestling poster. Becca can be polarizing, and that is her charm. Agree with her or not, you always feel compelled to respond, and that is what makes a good mod, she drives discussion. People try and test their nuts against Sly, look to IC for great stories, look to Sam for sarcasm, and look to Justin to jsut laugh. These people improve the forums, and that is what makes a good mod, not 50 green reps for a poop joke in a thread about a cat at McDonalds.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I didn't know what to expect when I became one. It wasn't quite what I expected but i like it.

My question is do these people really understand exactly what a mod does?, I mean seriously it's not just all fun and games, the mods are given a thankless job, where they deal with a bunch of people complaining more often than not, I've been a mod and i assure you it's not nearly as much fun as some people may think

You're not a mod right now? I always thought you were.

In that case, fuck you you stupid fucking fuck.

Good luck in the fantasy baseball challenge!!

Me too. Rep may not mean you get to be a mod, but I just like opening control panel and seeing new rep. I could care less about who gets modded or not.

As far as bitching about staff goes, look at what the most popular threads always are. It's the NorCal thread, the Jake and Sam thread, etc. It is the mod threads. I bet if we showed activity at different points in the day, there would be spikes when NorCal is on. KB starts most of the spam threads, and participates in most of the Lounge threads, and is an outstanding non-Spam and wrestling poster. Becca can be polarizing, and that is her charm. Agree with her or not, you always feel compelled to respond, and that is what makes a good mod, she drives discussion. People try and test their nuts against Sly, look to IC for great stories, look to Sam for sarcasm, and look to Justin to jsut laugh. These people improve the forums, and that is what makes a good mod, not 50 green reps for a poop joke in a thread about a cat at McDonalds.

Is it possible we don't get all the attention because we're mods, but we're mods because we get all the attention?

Is it possible we don't get all the attention because we're mods, but we're mods because we get all the attention?

That's a bit poetic.

You're mods because your body of work justifies it. Your contributions are beneficiary.

That's what I never understood. Why bitch about people in a forum who give people something to talk about.

The problem is that all the talking was on MSN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back