• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HHH vs Legacy....But where's HBK?

PDecicco

Occasional Pre-Show
So we know Randy Orton has assaulted HHH's family on more than one occasion.

Vince and Shane are apparently so incapacitated that they can't come back. Stephanie has been RKO'd and DDT'd.

Legacy has been getting involved with making sure Randy gets to do whatever he wants.

Now mostly this has been happening on Raw, but Orton and Legacy has shown up and SD! as well. So for the last few weeks, twice a week, Orton has been taking out everyone close to HHH as well as HHH himself. And he's been using his two goons to do it.

Now while all of this has been happening, where has HHH's real life best friend been? If Randy knew the McMahon's were HHH's family, then we surely must believe HBK knew. And it's not even hidden that HBK and HHH are friends in real life, they throw that in our faces every time DX comes out to play.

So while Hunter was on SD! shouldn't HBK have come to save his best friend's family on Raw?

Shouldn't we believe that when HHH offered to help Shawn with is financial problems a few weeks back, the favor would be returned by making sure his friend's wife was unharmed?

For me, I feel like I've been led to believe these two superstars are as close as brothers. And In my opinion this feud should be DX vs Legacy because of it.

Thoughts? Opinions? Verbal thrashings?

Funny you bring this up because I'm pretty sure I heard some "HBK" chants during the HHH/Legacy/Stephanie segment Monday.

The reason HBK isn't involved is obvious: he's already in storyline with the Undertaker. I disagree about the fued being DX vs Legacy. It's fine as it is, and, if it were to happen, Legacy would probably be destroyed by DX. Just because certain superstars are friends, kayfabe or not, they shouldn't ALWAYS interfere in each others storylines, especially if they're on different brands; where was Triple H during HBK/Jericho?

The fued is Legacy vs the McMahon family. Michaels is not a part of that family and as such is not a part of this angle.

Maybe DX vs Legacy was a bit too strong. But for a storyline driven by somebody's family being attacked it only makes sense for that person's best friend to be involved. At least to protect his wife.

I too thought I heard some HBK chants, and thats really when this idea clicked in my head.

The story is far to personally driven for HBK not to be somewhat involved. HHH at least made an appearance in an HBK storyline. HBK should make an appearance here. Especially when HHH was nowhere to be found to defend his family.

And also HBK does have a long storied history with the McMahon's. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. And that's not something hidden from the fans.

My personal feeling is that at Backlash we are either going to see a HHH/Orton title rematch in some sort of gimmick match and Rhodes and Dibiase going for the unified tag titles or we will see Legacy vs. DX. Sure the draft could have somewhat of an impact on what will occur at Backlash, but I think it's safe to assume that these 5 will be on Raw.

I agree, while Shawn does have his own storyline going with The Undertaker and so won't be an actual part of this storyline, I wouldn't be surprised if they booked HHH/HBK vs Legacy somewhere in the build up to Wrestlemania, it would make sense and coudl be a good match.

I dont think HBK needed to be involved in the storyline, however when all that shit went down on RAW with HHH being handcuffed i expected HBK or someone to see what was happening and for someone to run and help him out in some way, but i guess HBK was in the graveyard or whatever (which by the way was sick promo!)

He'll probably be involved in some way after mania as i doubt HBK/Taker will continue past mania, unless HBK wins.... hmmmm

This will probably be the last match at mania, so after the swerve everyone is expecting with Shane or Stephanie, I could see HHH enlisting HBks help.

Thats assuming that Orton wins. If Orton does win it will probably be after HHH has been beat on for 30 minutes and jumped by Legacy.

So that would leave him looking for someone to team with which [of course] leads to the 89th reunion of DX.

I heard th HBK chants also during the HHH beatdown... I agree he shouldnt be all up in it the whole DX thing happens to frequently anyway but at least have HBK confront HHH backstage and offer help as HHH did to HBK and of course HHH turns HBKs help aside because it is a family matter only

HBK wasn't there because he was in the graveyard, or out of the building because of his undertaker promo. but your right i can see him becoming involved in this somehow, and probably a third guy who had yet to become clear. I dont think it will be at mania because of the way its booked already. if Orton/HHH is the last match of the night i dont see HBK running out after his match with Taker. If HBK/Taker is the last match of the card it might happen, but who knows. possibly the next night it may play out.

I would normally agree, but I think they want to keep the focus with HBK on facing the Undertaker at Mania, so if he's going to get involved it will be after Mania if the feud between HHH & Orton is still going.

is it just me, or is stephanie doing really well working with orton? she went with the rko perfectly, and went with the ddt just as well. anyways, i don't want to see hbk get involved in this. i just want to see legacy keep kicking the mcmahon's around. the only thing i care about is that triple h is not wwe champion after wrestlemania and will not be wwe champion long after mania.

Honestly, I was actually thinking about where HBK was during the whole cuffed to the ropes thing. Then I remembered he was in a cemetery. I think it built great heat, HBK would have ruined it.

Think about it

Legacy vs The McMahon's

now that will sky rocket all 3 of there carrers
randy orton more but ted and cody will become big too

i do not think HBK should have showed up for any reason, in my opinion
this is between Legacy (mostly Randy Orton) vs The McMahons, so no one else needs to be involved into this argument...
and i would love to see Linda McMahon being the one who came up with the idea of Legacy and appointed Randy Orton the leader and told him to choose 2 others to join, and then Linda turns on the McMahon at Wrestlemania and make Randy Orton win the WWE Championship :)

Pretty sure OneLoneSapper pretty much ended this debate. Shawn Michaels was in the graveyard (though, no duh, it was pre-taped, but, you know, supsension of disbelief). The HBK chants were loud and clear, not so much of a "I think I heard some".

I think, storyline wise, it's smart to keep Shawn Michaels out of the picture at least for the time being. Say what you want about legacy but it's still Randy Orton and two greenthumbs who combine for a total of five years wrestling experience (under 15 between the three). People will buy three man beatdowns on the MacMahon family because, with the exception of the occasional RVD daydreams of Shane O'Mac, there's only one wrestler in the MacMahon family. But these guys aren't exactly the Freebirds. No one in their right mind would think Legacy stands a chance against DX at this present state; wrestling-wise, storyline-wise, mic-wise, promo-wise, any which way you slice and dice it, DX would just eat them up.

Give Legacy another year or two to develop, give Rhodes and DiBiase some personality besides being Orton's version of Edge's Hawkins/Ryder, get them some stick time, let them expand their moveset (I'm getting real sick of the developmental standard movesets they all come prepackaged with), then we can respectably have Legacy vs. DX, but right now it'd be Orton and his two friends versus Triple H and HBK and that sounds like a handicap match in the wrong way to me.

The trick on WWe's part is how to properly justify keeping Michaels out of the equation. The crowd was hard for Michaels coming in to save Trips and Steph, but how often can they use an excuse like, oh, well, Shawn Michaels had to cut a promo out in a cemetary out in Death Valley (or whatever the hell). It wouldn't be a problem if they could just keep everybody on their own god-damned brands but, shit, there goes that idea. Tangent: why was Jeff Hardy on Raw? Do they just not even bother giving us reasons for brand-jumping anymore?

Oh well, no big surprise that Orton'll be taking the belt home at Mania, at any rate. Which sucks because that means Cena will win the other belt (gotta have a good ending; easily the most annoying thing about 'Mania), but that doesn't bother me, all I really care about this year is HBK v. Taker and maybe the Hardy match in distant second. Really wish they didn't blow the Jericho angle. Tangents, sorry.

I do agree that the feud involves Legacy vs the McMahons but I also believe that at one point or another, HBK will be involved somehow. We're forgetting about someone else, though...Batista. When he comes back, he will be gunning for Orton, too, because according to the storyline before his surgery, Batista blamed Orton for putting him out of action and there have been reports recently that Batista could come back sooner than later. Stay tuned.

is it just me or does no body remember wrestlemania 22? HBK vs VKM. HBK isn't getting involved because everyone knows that they have repeatedly hated each other in the story lines, another reason of course is they don't want to ruin the jokers in DX. this story line is to serious for HBK to get involved because all DX do is joke around and then kick arse, they want to show the other side of HHH and they can't do that if HBK is there.

First off, like many have already said, HBK is already in a feud with the Taker. Throwing HBK into the mix with HHH and Orton would take focus off the actual storylines at hand... HBK vs Undertaker & Triple H vs Orton. Once again, I think some people are blurring the fine line between storyline, the rules that apply to normal television, and reality. Yes, in a perfectly made-up-television-world HBK would show how great of a friend he is by helping out HHH... but this is television. If you were the writer, would you bring in HBK and take the focus off not just one but TWO of the biggest matches of your biggest PPV of the year (and supposedly the last 25 years)?? I think not.

Orton is playing the quintessential heel by representing evil as he incorporates outside interference to enforce his wrong-doing. Triple H is playing the quintessential victim/underdog who is trying to rise above adversity in the name of what is good.

It's a wet-dream of a PG-rated storyline and doesn't need to enlist the services of HBK.

We're forgetting about someone else, though...Batista. When he comes back, he will be gunning for Orton, too, because according to the storyline before his surgery, Batista blamed Orton for putting him out of action and there have been reports recently that Batista could come back sooner than later. Stay tuned.

I know this is off topic. I mentioned this before in a previous post of mine, but I still believe there is a small but feasible chance for Batista to somehow be interjected into WM. Everything I've heard and read has Batista on the fast-track during his rehab and he is ahead of schedule. He has even mentioned himself that he could perform at WM if he needed to but that it wasn't in the "plans". Everyone knows Vince tries his hardest to keep secrets from the IWC, so maybe a surprise could somehow be in the works. As for being interjected into WM, who knows? Stranger things have happened at this particular event. I can't see him getting involved in the HHH/Orton match itself because he doesn't fit into the storyline, but but but I can see maybe a surprise Batista attack on Orton (can say it's retribution) after the match to set up something a little down the line between the two.

As for HBK/DX/Legacy... I can see something like that happening as maybe like a kiss-off to the feud. But it wouldn't make much sense for DX to reunite if HHH wasn't champion. DX is used primarily to bury people, not put over them. If HHH was chasing Orton for the title, you couldn't have DX jobbing to Legacy, it would look bad... plus you just crushed everything DX stood for and it makes Michaels look bad in the process as well.

Pretty sure OneLoneSapper pretty much ended this debate. Shawn Michaels was in the graveyard (though, no duh, it was pre-taped, but, you know, supsension of disbelief). The HBK chants were loud and clear, not so much of a "I think I heard some".

I think, storyline wise, it's smart to keep Shawn Michaels out of the picture at least for the time being. Say what you want about legacy but it's still Randy Orton and two greenthumbs who combine for a total of five years wrestling experience (under 15 between the three). People will buy three man beatdowns on the MacMahon family because, with the exception of the occasional RVD daydreams of Shane O'Mac, there's only one wrestler in the MacMahon family. But these guys aren't exactly the Freebirds. No one in their right mind would think Legacy stands a chance against DX at this present state; wrestling-wise, storyline-wise, mic-wise, promo-wise, any which way you slice and dice it, DX would just eat them up.

Give Legacy another year or two to develop, give Rhodes and DiBiase some personality besides being Orton's version of Edge's Hawkins/Ryder, get them some stick time, let them expand their moveset (I'm getting real sick of the developmental standard movesets they all come prepackaged with), then we can respectably have Legacy vs. DX, but right now it'd be Orton and his two friends versus Triple H and HBK and that sounds like a handicap match in the wrong way to me.

The trick on WWe's part is how to properly justify keeping Michaels out of the equation. The crowd was hard for Michaels coming in to save Trips and Steph, but how often can they use an excuse like, oh, well, Shawn Michaels had to cut a promo out in a cemetary out in Death Valley (or whatever the hell). It wouldn't be a problem if they could just keep everybody on their own god-damned brands but, shit, there goes that idea. Tangent: why was Jeff Hardy on Raw? Do they just not even bother giving us reasons for brand-jumping anymore?

Oh well, no big surprise that Orton'll be taking the belt home at Mania, at any rate. Which sucks because that means Cena will win the other belt (gotta have a good ending; easily the most annoying thing about 'Mania), but that doesn't bother me, all I really care about this year is HBK v. Taker and maybe the Hardy match in distant second. Really wish they didn't blow the Jericho angle. Tangents, sorry.

You think Cena v Edge v Big Show will be the main event? Naah, must be Triple H/Randy Orton in my opinion, given the build-up.

Can see several possibilities for Backlash:

HHH v Orton rematch (whoever's champion, probably Randy), most likely in a gimmick match.

HHH & Vince & Shane v Legacy

DX v Legacy

Batista maybe involved... who knows. I like unpredictability though.

As for HBK being involved in this storyline - a quite ridiculous idea in my opinion, given his own rivalry with the Undertaker, real-life friendships meaning fuck all in general on the WWE up to a point, and the fact that he 'hates' Vince (kayfabe). Maybe after Backlash and his rivalry with the Deadman, but not now.

i think WWE has done a great job in keeping the 2 HHH and HBK separate....

HBk was "not at raw this week" whilst doing his graveyard promo....hence he couldnt help HHH....

i am not sure this was a coincidence or worked that way but if it was worked it makes sence why HHH was left alone....

I do believe they might do a HHH/HBK Vs legacy tag match sometime after Wrestlemania maybe as soon as backlash but i hope not bc as mentioned above HHH/HBK would probably go over and i like seeing them separate...

Dear god I hope you're right Age of Orton, I'm just so used to WWE disappointing me that I get cynical from time to time; sobriety doesn't help, but I'm working on that.

I'm not the world's biggest fan of Trips in the ring, but I think this feud is being put together brilliantly so far (although, if WWE hadn't gone PG, I think Orton could've gotten a lot better heel heat if he groped Steph a little bit before his otherwise anti-climactic kiss). It really should end the show, but I have a hard time seeing Randy Orton lose this big match-up and an even harder time considering (what I've been hoping for a long time) a total swerve of Orton turning face and being the next Stone Cold (anti-hero/anti-MacMahon thing), given WM's history of "happy endings". The only other option would involve the MITB winner, and let's face it, i can't imagine any one of those guys really deserving to get the final "YAY!!!" at Mania (though, it would be cool for me personally if MVP or Christian got the nod and got to close the show out).

WWE seems keen on blurring the brand division lines so I suppose we could close the show out, somehow, with Cena unifying the titles after he wins his, but I would probably drink myself into a coma after that ending. Now that I think about it, that's a surefire way for WWE to once again bother the smark out of me.

When HBK's career was almost ended by Jericho, where was HHH? The WWE only teams them up when the storyline can't be sustained without DX together. The Jericho and Orton storylines are so good that they don't need the thousands in attendance and millions watching at home to suck it.

Shawn Michaels doesnt need to be involved in this feud. Triple H and Orton are working together very well. They've built up this match very nicely and just to be honest they dont need Shawn Michaels to be involved in this. If HBK got involved it would just be more of that old 2007 DX shit. This feud is about as personal as a wrestling feud can get. It needs to stay that way untill they have the payoff at Wrestlemania. Why the hell would you want HBK to save Triple H anyway? This feud would be shit if Orton wouldnt be putting beatdowns on HHH and the McMahons.

I just think that someone needs to step up for HHH when it is a complete beatdown. This could be security, the old guys in the back(heck they have them wrestling Jericho). Maybe in the coming weeks guys will at leat stop the total beat downs. I mean I like a little reality with my wrestling. If someone was getting beaten to a pulp, why will no one help him, not saying they should join HHH, but just stop the beating on any given night. Maybe someone who has something against Orton, or maybe they could make it a big conspiracy, where everyone in the back was in on HHH getting beat, because he married Steph, and took the easy way to the top. There has to be more than HHH getting beat on 3 on 1 every week. In my opinion that means HHH keeps the title. If you look at history, the person who take the beatings before the PPV usually wins, overcoming the odds.

It's just lazy story telling. The WWE creative team doesn't want to have HBK run in on HHH's storyline because they don't want to have to include Undertaker in as well and you would have to considering HBK is indeed feuding with Undertaker but it can be done and dramatically. Take this Monday night's past RAW ending, for example. Shawn Michaels could have run out when Orton was ready to DDT Stephanie and cleaned house, by which time, the lights would have gone out, Undertaker would have appeared and chokeslammed the hell out of Michaels. Sure, Taker might have gotten some heat from the live crowd for attacking Michaels while he was trying to help his best friend but it would have been minor at best. Besides, his character has never been the crusading hero so people would accept it given his beef with Michaels.

With Michaels down and Undertaker prowling him to the back, Legacy could have gone on to re-group and finish their thing while Stephanie tried to uncuff Hunter. Would have been much more dramatic and difficult for the bad guys as well, not to mention it would have added realism by reminding us that HHH and Michaels are indeed friends. Then on next Monday's RAW, HHH could just come up to Michaels and say he appreciates him trying to help but that he should stay out of it because Orton is his and besides, he has his own problem with the Undertaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back