• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HHH vs HBK - One More Match at WM28?

wewantchange

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok, so i know the title of this thread u guys r like wtf? this guy is an idiot. Here me out on WZ there a link that says hbk part of hhh angle? And this is the waY I see it. I see hbk being on hhh's side once he comes back. and when kevin nash gets involved in the mix he's going to be try to get michael's to be on his side and stuff about best friends dont fire best friend's or w/e. that will leadto nash vs hhh and see hbk turning on hhh or hhh turn on hbk and set up a match at wm for the first time. even tho they were in a match together at wm 20 with benoit(rip). either that or nash vs hhh at mania or hbk vs nash.

Give me your opinions and dont be dicks about the idea of hbk vs hhh at mania 28.

ENTERING THE REALITY ERA!!

I like it, but if they were gonna bring back HBK in any match it should be against The Rock, the greatest feud to never happen (1998's Shawn Michaels vs 2000's The Rock)

That, at WM29 would be cool

HBK/HHH I dont actually think they should have any last match of them both, if he does this he should make up with HHH again, they just shouldnt and couldnt bring up another Kliq inner feud and not patch it up later

They have to all be friends at some point definatively down the line and never fight again

I like it, but if they were gonna bring back HBK in any match it should be against The Rock, the greatest feud to never happen (1998's Shawn Michaels vs 2000's The Rock)
true that fued would have been AMAZING. hopefully they will have that match but there can only be one big macth at wm dont see how they can fit that in at 29 if punk and austin have a match which i think will happen!

Nah, I don't want to see HBK coming back for one more match. That is a spit to The Undertaker. Their match at WM26 is career vs. streak right? If HBK loses he leaves. It would also hurt the credibility of HBK since he already said that he would never come back for one more match.

Well if you can't get enough of HBK then go back and watch his tapes all over again.

did i ever say i wanted to see him wrestle again. NO i said maybe they will have one more match i garuntee he will wrestle another match if hes in wwe storylines he'll pretty much have no choice especially if its with cm punk. punk can cut a promo on him and basically break the fourth wall like he does and get hbk so pissed that he really wants to so ya think about that.

No, thank you. Other than their Summerslam match, their matches together were boring and mediocre for the most part. HBK should just stay retired and do what he does which I guess is hunt and stuff. They had plenty of chances to have a match at Wrestlemania.

I think the only way I could get on board with this is if it was a kliq fatal fourway with HHH vs HBK vs Nash vs Hall... If they can get Scott Hall sober and in shape to compete with the rest of them, I say go for it.

They can call it the Final Curtain Call.

And induct Hall, Nash, & HHH into the WWE HoF the night before.

Shawn Michaels Retired on one of the greatest matches of all time against one of the biggest ICONS in the history of the sport ('s entertainment) Why would he risk his integrity by getting back into the ring for a short run or even ONE match that will most likely pail in comparison?

Dont get me wrong HHH, HBK can put on a great match, but he already retired so well.

No, thank you. Other than their Summerslam match, their matches together were boring and mediocre for the most part. HBK should just stay retired and do what he does which I guess is hunt and stuff. They had plenty of chances to have a match at Wrestlemania.
You are out of your mind! Their match at the 2004 Royal Rumble was awesome. Their Hell in a Cell match was great. Their match at Armageddon 2003 was phenomenal. Please, show me where they have one "boring and mediocre" match. You can't because they haven't. When Triple H was at his worst (ie dominating WWE) from 2002 to 2004, his best matches were against HBK.

On topic, if Shawn were to come back (and I don't think he should or will), I don't think we need to see him and Triple H go at it again. I'd watch it if they did, but I'd rather see Shawn go against someone new if he was to return to the ring.

He could come back but not in a wrestling role, please let him retire he retired once and then came back and put on amazing matches for 9 years i believe. Let the man enjoy his new show and time with his kids, let him come back once in a while when he wants too.

No thanks, let Michaels retire and keep his health and his family strong. Let WE create the next heroes and villains, and let us fans support them instead of trying to bring in the old guard.

Look at how flat Kevin Nash was during this storyline. I know HBK is better than Nash... but let's concentrate on Punk etc. even HHH should just go away.

I don't see why Shawn can't come out of retirement to wrestle. I don't know how it would hurt his 'credibility' for him to come back and entertain again. Randy Savage vowed to retire if he lost to Ultimate Warrior and they wrestled one of the most entertaining and memorable matches in the history of wrestling. Savage lost and fans wanted him back so he came back. Didn't hurt his career at all, didn't tarnish his legacy. Ric Flair wrestled one of the most memorable matches in a retirement match with Shawn and returned. He lost to Hogan in a memorable match in 94 and returned. I could go on and on. It doesn't tarnish your legacy if you come out of retirement. Retirement matches make the match more dramatic but no one ever stays retired. It's not spitting at Taker, it's not spitting at Warrior or Hogan or Michaels that these wrestlers returned. I don't get fans who take Shawn Micheals for his 'word', this is the same guy who played the main part in the deceptive Montreal Screwjob. He vowed to never come back in 1998 because of his back injury and returned for 8 years in 2002. Why does it really matter if he sticks to his word if he never really stuck to his word in the past and it never really bothered us then?? lol..and really why does it matter if he changes his mind and wants back in the wrestling spotlight again..we all change our minds once and a while...he's perhaps the greatest wrestling entertainer of all time, all him changing his mind and coming back can do is making WWE better! Sounds a lot better than being a bible thumping hypocrite who sees nothing wrong with hunting and killing animals in his spare time.

All that said, if Michaels did come back in a wrestling role (which i doubt) i'd prefer to see Michaels vs Rock at WM 28. One of the biggest dream matches to never happen.

I kind of think HBK has given us all he has to give. When he came back after the injury, he had a lot left in the tank. He got a World Title run, and he gave us some of the greatest Wrestlemania matches ever, i.e. vs Kurt Angle, Jericho, Undertaker x2, HHH & Benoit, Flair, etc. I mean, these are all six top ten all-time contenders. But, that's my point: I think he got it all out of his system. Should HBK come back? No, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be any better than what he's given us. HHH should work with younger guys, instead. If there's one great strength of HHH, it's that he does bring out the best in his co-workers, and the young guys can use the rub.

I kind of think HBK has given us all he has to give. When he came back after the injury, he had a lot left in the tank. He got a World Title run, and he gave us some of the greatest Wrestlemania matches ever, i.e. vs Kurt Angle, Jericho, Undertaker x2, HHH & Benoit, Flair, etc. I mean, these are all six top ten all-time contenders. But, that's my point: I think he got it all out of his system. Should HBK come back? No, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be any better than what he's given us. HHH should work with younger guys, instead. If there's one great strength of HHH, it's that he does bring out the best in his co-workers, and the young guys can use the rub.

I'm sorry but that last sentance is absolutely laughable. Whenever HHH is in a program it's almost career suicide for the other guy. If HHH doesn't bury you in the ring he buries you on the mic. Cena is the only man to come out of a feud with him not de-pushed. Even a little while ago when Cena was the #1 contender for the title, HHH defeated him clean on Raw for absolutley no gain but to feed his ego.

One comment from HHH in a 10 second backstage segment sent Chris Masters back 5 years. Look how he came back to meet the Undertaker this year, and he squashed Sheamus in about 2 minutes negating any story or accomplihment Shemaus had by putting HHH on the shelf (which was booked as Sheamus beating him up in the back with a steel pipe and then doing it all through the match and then after 2 Brogh Kicks, HHH still kicked out...

He's on par with Hogan. HHH will never give anyone the rub, look at what's going on right now. As for HBK he's as selfish as HHH.

He could have had a guy like CM Punk for example get the rub off ending his career. But Shawn couldn't allow his ego to have anyone other than Taker be the one to end it. Missed opportunity to make someone a HUGE star.

So no. No more HBK and I could only wish no more HHH. WWE was fun when he wasn't around.

1. If HBK comes back, it is inevitable that the Undertaker won't be involved in whatever storyline he might be included. Afterall, he is the one who retired HBK. How the hell would you do that? Have one more match at WM? come on.

2. If HBK comes back, then what would future career-ender matches would mean? Even though it's all kayfabed, it should have meant something, otherwise fans wouldn't believe anymore.

3. Yes, most of us would agree that he might be the best of all time. But wouldn't you want him to retire with his last match at his best?

HBK should never wrestle again. He has the talent, but he should come back only as an on-screen character. Look at Bret Hart, his aura and mystique is completely diminished by coming back and half-assing it through matches.

Shawn would be perfect as HHH's backup after Survivor Series, like a character who helps transition the story.

I think if Shawn Michaels comes back, it will be to referee Undertaker vs. Triple H. at Wrestlemania 28. we seen a little preview of this just before the Mania 27 match, on Raw when HBK stood in between the two legends. I would book this Mania's match as the Streak vs. the Game( Wrestling Career) with HBK as ref, and trying to stay impartial, even though one guy is his best friend and the other is the man who ended his wrestling career. And of course, in the end, The phenom goes 20-0, and the Game is retired the same way as his best friend HBK. Possibly, a little DX reunion after the match.

Reading that opening post gave me a headache.

That aside, I would not want to see Michaels VS Trips at this year's Wrestlemania. Michaels should not wrestle another match because he had given his word that he was done and going back on your word with something like that tarnishes the legacy of the person who does it. Hi Flair, how's it going?

Trips and Michaels had that epic feud back in the day and already faced each other at Wrestlemania in the triple threat with Benoit that WWE refuses to admit ever happened. If anything they could bring back Michaels as a guest ref. I think Trips will be facing someone else though to put them over like he did for Sheamus.

Dear God no.

Michales had THE perfect send-off last year, so why would you want to ruin that? Everything about the storyline with Taker was pure gold. Shawn was desperate for one more shot at ending the streak, and he was willing to do anything for another match with Taker, so he put his career on the line. The build was excellent, Shawn main evented Wrestlemaina, the match was outstanding, and Shawn delivered his emotional farewell speech the next on Raw.

HBK doesn't need to return, and I can't think of a good reason for him to wrestle HHH again.

No no no no no no and NO. HBK retired, coming out of it now would spit in the face of The Undertaker. It would also spit in the face of all us fans who bought the 'retirement angle'.

I always enjoyed Triple H vs HBK but reasons mentioned just no.

I'm sorry but that last sentance is absolutely laughable. Whenever HHH is in a program it's almost career suicide for the other guy. If HHH doesn't bury you in the ring he buries you on the mic. Cena is the only man to come out of a feud with him not de-pushed. Even a little while ago when Cena was the #1 contender for the title, HHH defeated him clean on Raw for absolutley no gain but to feed his ego.

One comment from HHH in a 10 second backstage segment sent Chris Masters back 5 years. Look how he came back to meet the Undertaker this year, and he squashed Sheamus in about 2 minutes negating any story or accomplihment Shemaus had by putting HHH on the shelf (which was booked as Sheamus beating him up in the back with a steel pipe and then doing it all through the match and then after 2 Brogh Kicks, HHH still kicked out...

He's on par with Hogan. HHH will never give anyone the rub, look at what's going on right now. As for HBK he's as selfish as HHH.

He could have had a guy like CM Punk for example get the rub off ending his career. But Shawn couldn't allow his ego to have anyone other than Taker be the one to end it. Missed opportunity to make someone a HUGE star.

So no. No more HBK and I could only wish no more HHH. WWE was fun when he wasn't around.

1. You're really reaching with that Raw match are you? I'm just shaking my head at that.

2. So you claim Cena is the only man that has had a feud with HHH who hasn't been de-pushed? I seem to remember a guy named Jeff Hardy who came off of a suspension who feuded with HHH and at the end of the day became WWE Champion. My memory may be fuzzy but there was this man that they called "The Animal." I think you've heard of him. He beat HHH three straight times including giving him his only singles Hell in A Cell loss. If you want any more names, just ask and don't make idiotic statements.

1. You're really reaching with that Raw match are you? I'm just shaking my head at that.

2. So you claim Cena is the only man that has had a feud with HHH who hasn't been de-pushed? I seem to remember a guy named Jeff Hardy who came off of a suspension who feuded with HHH and at the end of the day became WWE Champion. My memory may be fuzzy but there was this man that they called "The Animal." I think you've heard of him. He beat HHH three straight times including giving him his only singles Hell in A Cell loss. If you want any more names, just ask and don't make idiotic statements.

You mean how HHH only dropped the title to EDGE first, then one month later Edge dropped it to Hardy? Why didn't HHH just drop it to Hardy?

Yeah he lost to Batista, then again he was his friend.

How well did HHH put over Sheamus last year? If being attacked from behind before the match is "putting over" a guy, then I'm lost.

Why is it Triple H keeps pedigreeing Zack Ryder? That makes him seem as a total joke for the live crowd (not the good kind of joke).
You can just tell he wants to do it on TV.

And on HBK vs HHH. HBK is retired and done. Please no more "one more match" threads. He's done.

Oh these threads when will they stop.

HBK retire. What good would facing Triple H at WM28 do for Triple H or HBK? Buy rates? Nope not likely, everyone knows these two are real life butt buddies. Who would win in this situation? Oh yeah you didn't think that part out.

Triple H stated last year how he's beaten them all before facing Undertaker at WM27. Triple H has beaten them all, and buried 90% of those who he's beat. So if you were HBK know you'd get physically beat down, then buried, tell me why you would agree to face Triple H at WM? It doesn't make sense.

Neither superstar in this great idea of the original poster comes out winning anything at the end. Their both beyond it.

Let HBK enjoy his retirement, and lets hope Triple H stays away from in ring action for as long as possible.

The only way this would happen is if his retirement was one big angle from the start, and Undertaker gives him permission to come back or says he wants him to come back, whether on TV or leaked to the sheets or what have you. But I just don't see it happening. I wish it would cus I'd start watching again.

I love when people get all bent about a worker maybe coming back after a retirement angle.

Look, no one got it better than Savage did. He lost the retirement match to Warrior at Wrestlemania and then he and Elizabeth reunited. Going into the match as the clear heel, Savage ended the night with one of the best Wrestlemania moments ever, the crowd cheering for him and he and Elizabeth crying in the ring. It was great.

He was back in the ring a short time later and wrestled for a long time after. It didn't dull that moment, it didn't hurt anyone's legacy, and it didn't lessen the appeal of a retirement match forever after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back