• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HHH/Undertaker - Wrestlemania 28 - Rate the Match

I'm sorry, I'm not letting this go; let me guess, your favorite HIAC match was the six way at Armageddon because it had the most moves, right?

Wrestling is all about the story you tell, with the moves you use. And that match told a perfect story, with just enough violence that it was believable, without being gratuitous. The only flaw in that match was Shawn's over acting. That's it. Otherwise, it's easily a four and half star match.

You just love being the contrarian , don't you?

If this match is a five star classic then I don't want to see any more complaints about all the false finishes in Ring Of Honor.

I'm sorry, I'm not letting this go; let me guess, your favorite HIAC match was the six way at Armageddon because it had the most moves, right?

Wrestling is all about the story you tell, with the moves you use. And that match told a perfect story, with just enough violence that it was believable, without being gratuitous. The only flaw in that match was Shawn's over acting. That's it. Otherwise, it's easily a four and half star match.

You just love being the contrarian , don't you?

No. Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker,HHH vs Chris Jericho, HHH vs Cactus Jack all were better and told a much better story than this match. HHH vs Undertaker was too much over-acting and the Hell in a Cell wasn't even used.

No. Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker,HHH vs Chris Jericho, HHH vs Cactus Jack all were better and told a much better story than this match. HHH vs Undertaker was too much over-acting and the Hell in a Cell wasn't even used.

So then what movie most accurately depicts what it's like being dead inside? Or do you have your own opinion?

Wait, people think think that was the best HIAC ever? Oh my.

The main thing this match proved was that the match the two had the prior year wasn't nearly as good as many tried to claim at the time.

I can't watch Shawn Michaels crying without chuckling myself. Based on that alone, it ranks pretty high in my book.

Wait, people think think that was the best HIAC ever? Oh my.

If you ask me, and no one is in particular;

Shawn-Taker
Triple H-Cactus

Then I'd probably put Triple H-Taker. Though Batista-Triple H, I also heavily enjoyed. Edge and Taker would have been high were it not for the stupid ending. For the record, those matches and Randy Orton-Taker, Mankind-Taker, and Brock-Taker are easily 4 stars to me, with HHH-Shawn probably being 4 stars, but I need to see it again.

No. Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker,HHH vs Chris Jericho, HHH vs Cactus Jack all were better

Watch what I'm about to do; I'm about to give credit to a match without putting down others. You could learn something from this.

Why does it have to be that just because you feel there were better matches, that Taker-Triple H has to be knocked down? Can't you just look at the match separated from all others, and look at it as an individual match?

and told a much better story than this match.

Entirely subjective, which is the point of star ratings, but are to enlighten us all to the stories of these matches? I must be missing the Jericho-HHH story, and while Brock-Taker was good, I don't see what they did that wasn't done in Taker-HHH.

HHH vs Undertaker was too much over-acting and the Hell in a Cell wasn't even used.

Oh yes, because we needed to see one of these fucks flying off the cage.

Three and a half just seems ridiculous, especially when you describe it as an average HIAC, and only list three better. You do realize how many HIAC matches there are in history, right?

In a word: Underwhelming

The hype and the excitement in the build-up was so much that no match could live up to.

I give it a **** 3/4

Story-telling was just like their previous Mania match.. Still a good match, had me on the edge of my seat a few times.. easily best match of the night.. Adding HBK as referee was the icing and what sold the match ..

This was the WWE's match of the year, hands down. Regardless if you are fans or haters of the undertaker or Triple H you had to have been impressed on what the two of those did.

It wasn't perfect, nothing is, but damn right was simply the match of the year.

It didn't have enough moves, and wasn't fast paced enough. Negative a zillion stars

So what you're saying is that we should never take or opinion seriously, like ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back