Hey Look, Divas! Now, Do I Fast Forward Or Go For A Piss?

They probably get paid more in a week than most of us do in a year. I'm sure the small fortunes they pocket are more than enough thanks for their hard work.

They probably do get paid more in a week than most of us do in a year.... but it's not fair to the ones who legitimately want to be there for people to refer to their matches as restroom break opportunities when they could just as easily go during the commercials, because very few care about commercials.

I watch the occasional match. You know when you've recorded something and have the option to fast forward at any time, but you find yourself watching the adverts anyway? Yeah, it's like that.

Not really. I never watch the commercials when I've recorded something. The divas are part of the show, so I watch them too.

I generally find horrible fake-looking wrestling, which is either a hair-pulling catfight or a cringe-inducing botchfest.

The girls just aren't as good as most of the guys. Their matches can be held to a lower standard for that reason. They do need to train the ones who suck more though so the division can get some more respect.

You're right, I may have been a bit generous. I mean, she did shock the world by producing a women's match that wasn't dreadful at WrestleMania, but she also spent most of her career demonstrating how worthless the women's title was by constantly holding it.

You're very wrong here. Trish made the Womens Championship prestigious with her reigns. Divas who desire that belt can think to themselves, "Trish held that belt, I can get the same belt that Trish had!". The exact opposite of what you said happened. What would have made it worthless would have been if divas constantly traded it with short title reigns.

I don't know the characters in [insert bad television show here] either.

You don't watch [insert bad television show here] though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you watch WWE and TNA every week right? You should know who nearly all of them are then.

It did get people oddly wound up, I'll give you that much.

Yes it did and it was the most interesting angle at the time, including the world title feuds! So, the divas get boring angles as well as good ones, just like the guys.

I blame society.

Why?

Perhaps they should seek other employment.

That's not really fair though. Some of them legitimitately want to be there and just need more training. How'd you like it if one of the divas you don't like came and suggested to your employers that you should seek other employment? Wouldn't like that would you? Didn't think so.

I totally knew who they all were before they were expanded to create the world's largest battle royale division.

They needed to though. They have two main shows with two champions, and two midcard divisions. Why not have two female divisions too? I was a big supporter of that move from the moment it began changing.

If more people just gave the divas a chance and watched more of their matches then this thread wouldn't exist because the issue wouldn't be there, people would like the divas more and know who the champions are.

They probably do get paid more in a week than most of us do in a year.... but it's not fair to the ones who legitimately want to be there for people to refer to their matches as restroom break opportunities when they could just as easily go during the commercials, because very few care about commercials.

I'm sure they go back to their five star hotels and cry themselves to sleep. They really want to be there, they should be happy - they've made it to the most watched wrestling show on Earth. I don't know why they're reading my posts and getting upset.

Not really. I never watch the commercials when I've recorded something. The divas are part of the show, so I watch them too.

If it makes you feel better, I can exclusively reveal that the divas aren't the only filler that I won't bother watching. I'm not too hot on Drew McIntyre either. Y'know, if he wasn't wrestling The Undertaker. Should have Beth Phoenix wrestle The Undertaker.

The girls just aren't as good as most of the guys. Their matches can be held to a lower standard for that reason.

Well then, I-- uh, yeah. Cool.

You're very wrong here. Trish made the Womens Championship prestigious with her reigns. Divas who desire that belt can think to themselves, "Trish held that belt, I can get the same belt that Trish had!".

I seem to remember some random dude pinning her for the belt. Might have been Stevie Richards. Congratulations to him, I suppose; he toppled a legend.

The exact opposite of what you said happened. What would have made it worthless would have been if divas constantly traded it with short title reigns.

Nah, short title reigns are actually quite interesting in today's wrestling. Just ask John Cena.

You don't watch [insert bad television show here] though.

Heroes. Should have said Heroes. Was struggling to think of an example earlier. It just hit me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you watch WWE and TNA every week right? You should know who nearly all of them are then.

It's like me enjoying most of Heroes, but fast-forwarding Claire's segments and then not knowing who her new boyfriend or whatever is. It's the best comparison I can come up with.

Yes it did and it was the most interesting angle at the time, including the world title feuds! So, the divas get boring angles as well as good ones, just like the guys.

Yeah, but it's definitely an unfavourable ratio for the divas.

The objectification of women. Bastards.

That's not really fair though. Some of them legitimitately want to be there and just need more training. How'd you like it if one of the divas you don't like came and suggested to your employers that you should seek other employment? Wouldn't like that would you? Didn't think so.

Honestly, I'd find that a rather odd scenario, though if I were a sub-standard employee I wouldn't be all that surprised. You know, except for a professional wrestler telling my employer things.

If more people just gave the divas a chance and watched more of their matches then this thread wouldn't exist because the issue wouldn't be there, people would like the divas more and know who the champions are.

If only years of substandard wrestling hadn't alienated them.

I'm sure they go back to their five star hotels and cry themselves to sleep. They really want to be there, they should be happy - they've made it to the most watched wrestling show on Earth. I don't know why they're reading my posts and getting upset.

It isn't just you, the common mindset of fans is that divas matches are a break. I joke around sometimes myself about what match I'll go to the fridge for a snack during, but I never make an entire division into the match I'll never watch. Just being on Raw isn't good enough. They'd be happier if more fans watched them. It's like a domino effect, your posts are read by lots of people who might think to themselves "yeah, this guys right the divas do suck I'm not gonna watch them either" so word of mouth spreads and more people tell their friends the divas suck, it keeps spreading until far too many people don't give the division a chance. Your posts, while not mattering much alone, end up mattering in the end after all.

If it makes you feel better, I can exclusively reveal that the divas aren't the only filler that I won't bother watching. I'm not too hot on Drew McIntyre either. Y'know, if he wasn't wrestling The Undertaker. Should have Beth Phoenix wrestle The Undertaker.

How can you not like McIntyre? He's the future of WWE. I take it you don't like Trips either, MCintyre's already being predicted by some to be the next HHH. Why should they have Beth wrestle Taker? The Undertaker is over no matter what he does, he doesn't need to beat up a diva to send a message.

I seem to remember some random dude pinning her for the belt. Might have been Stevie Richards. Congratulations to him, I suppose; he toppled a legend.

No.... not unless you're accusing Jazz, Molly Holly, Victoria, Lita, or Mickie James of being men. Trish's title reigns were all ended by other divas.

Nah, short title reigns are actually quite interesting in today's wrestling. Just ask John Cena.

Short title reigns are terrible. They make the belts into props. A championship means more when a champion is tougher to defeat. Look at Cena's year long reign, or Orton's long reign that followed it. Infinitely better than any world title reign that followed them.

It's like me enjoying most of Heroes, but fast-forwarding Claire's segments and then not knowing who her new boyfriend or whatever is. It's the best comparison I can come up with.

That's still part of the show though. Why not watch the entire show? Are you in a hurry to do other things or something? True fans watch the show in its entirety.

Yeah, but it's definitely an unfavourable ratio for the divas.

No it's not. It's being fair. Each show has a world title, a midcard, and a female division. Just because the tag titles are unified doesn't mean we have to go and make an undisputed champion for every division.

The objectification of women. Bastards.

Oh, now you're standing up for women after calling them boring and refusing to watch their matches?

Honestly, I'd find that a rather odd scenario, though if I were a sub-standard employee I wouldn't be all that surprised. You know, except for a professional wrestler telling my employer things.

Yeah that's the thing about "what-if" scenarios.... the point is, you probably work hard at your job so you can keep it.... the divas are trying to do their job too. They can't do their job to the full extent if fans don't want to watch them.

If only years of substandard wrestling hadn't alienated them.

The substandard wrestling was always there, it's just that the loss of legends like Trish or Lita and the fact that they don't do matches that are as controversial anymore, cause people to not care about the division now. WWE can only do so much with the divas in a PG environment and not having a legend to build the division around hurts them even more. I say people should give them a chance because if more people watch them it motivates them to become better, this improving the division as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back