• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help me here for a second, Daniel Bryan.

Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Mark.
I am not still familiar with the point of this section so bear(tehe) with me but I do not think it needs to be anywhere else since its just straight forward simple question, lacking any real quality.

I love me some Daniel Bryan. That said, god forbid I say anything wrong about the IWC golden boy but.

Does he ever really get a reaction?
Outside of his LaBell Lock does ever get the crowd into his matches?

Legit question,people always tell me "Reactions come off better on TV" or "No so and so does get big reactions" educate me.

To end my masterful topic....Thoughts?

I know that the events I attended recently (Old School and KOTR) Daniel Bryan was pretty over with the crowd. His reaction was great, but people really got into his in ring work.

He doesn't get much of a reaction for his entrance but during the match he gots alot of cheers which is just as important and its hard to get a Good Pop for an entrance with a Bad Theme. His in-ring work is over but the entrance isn't

What Joe said. Bryan gets people into his matches, but he never gets pops for his entrance. Could be the theme, could be his booking, who knows.

Also, it's great to see that not only are you an entertaining gimmick poster, you have great taste in wrestlers as well.

All good points and valid, just wanted to here any opinions because believe or not this is a real non trolling question. And thank you.

He got a considerable reaction regularly before the writers stopped handing him scripts and just started handing him pieces of paper they'd wiped their arses on.

When I want to get hope that Daniel Bryan amounts to something in this company, I rewatch the SummerSlam main event. Sure, it was his return, but during his absence there were "Daniel Bryan"-chants week in and week out and the reception of his return was thunderous. The Daniel Bryan we saw was different to the Daniel Bryan of now. He had an aggressive music which merged well with the high octane technical whirlwind he delivered, not seen since Benoit and even faster paced. That kept going some months until writers decided that he is better suited as a goofy joke and should lower his variety in the ring. Too bad it was obvious that he is great at selling, a fate that can determine your success in the WWE. When you're only allowed to have a goofy smile, be goody-two-shoes and that is your whole gimmick, it's hard to get over. The good thing is, WWE booking is often like a rollercoaster, so it can go up again. If he defeats Sheamus, I hope they have another story in plan and he is allowed to develop a character, if he loses... well, I think the options would be a heel turn or success in another company. A move to SmackDown could do wonders as well when I think about it.

I know that the events I attended recently (Old School and KOTR) Daniel Bryan was pretty over with the crowd. His reaction was great, but people really got into his in ring work.

But did you see those shows in Philly? Of course he's over in Philly. If you ask me, they need to do something with his theme.

Bryan Danielson (As an ROH fan for the last six - seven years I refuse to refer to him as his "entertainment" name) gets reactions a good few times, last night he got quite a good one, but it was in Chicago which has a long history with Ring of Honor. He also gets a lot of cheers in the ring, especially, as you said for the Lobell Lock and anytime he uses his kicks.

And, I think the reason for "Ride of the Valkryes" is because his trademark entrance music used to be "The Final Countdown", and whenever he was asked about why that is, he always says he likes "cheesy" entrance songs, don't get much cheesier than ROTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back