• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heel Turn for Kelly Kelly?

King_of_Swing1520

The King of Swing
WrestleZone has learned that WWE creative has been discussing the idea of turning Smackdown Diva Kelly Kelly heel in the near future.

Kelly, who is said to be Vince McMahon's favorite Diva right now, has been working an angle with Edge, Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler on Smackdown and was recently "fired" from the show.

While no time table has been given for Kelly's turn, it's being said that Vince wants the Diva to make a dramatic "first heel turn" in the company as he currently views her as a the most marketable female in WWE.

really? sorry vince but kelly kelly aint shit. he's terrible. not a good wrestler and not good on the mic. why the hell would vince focus on kelly when he has divas like Kong, Natalya, Melina, Gail Kim, Beth, Eve, even Michelle and Layla.

sure she's hot. but thats it. he mic work with vickie and drew have been awful. hell even the commentators kept saying there was now way kelly was going to win that match. i mean she is a wrestler and u'd think he had some chance but the commentators completely buried her.

so what do u think about kelly kelly getting a push and a heel turn?

I am not sure this will work unless she is working with Drew McIntyre as a valet/girlfriend type thing. But as far as her personality she doesn't have that bitchy snob look to her or even a mean bone in her body. Does Vince realize this leaves Eve, Nattie, Gail and Beth as the only face divas in the company as they recently turned the Melina and the Bella twins heel within the last 3 months. There is no way Kong can be a face as she is to much of a monster.

I think this will be big huge fail as to many people like Kelly to much to for her to be believable heel.

when he has divas like Kong, Natalya, Melina, Gail Kim, Beth, Eve, even Michelle and Layla.

Even Michelle and Layla? McCool is easily one of the best divas in the WWE, she has the look, the in ring ability and can work the mic as both a heel and face. LayCool has been brilliant, and has brought back an interest, for me anyways, into the whole women's division.

I agree with the rest of the ones you listed though, and agree on what you said about Kelly. I think the ones you listed are all very capable in the ring (not seen much of Kong apart from a bit on youtube), some of them are pretty average on the mic though similar to Kelly. I think Maryse should be added to that list though, she isn't the best in the ring by far, but she is easily better than Kelly Kelly and a fair chunk of the diva's, can work the mic in english and french which is sexy as all hell, and she has an amazing look. Would love to see Maryse given a push as a heel champion.

McCool is easily one of the best divas in the WWE, she has the look, the in ring ability and can work the mic as both a heel and face.
In what fucking world is McCool a good babyface? She floundered for years with no crowd response as a face, before her and Layla went nuclear as heels.

@OP: I can't see Kelly Kelly as a heel. Not with Melina, Michelle (Layla seems imminent for a face-turn), Maryse, the Bellas and Kong (whenever she decides to debut).

Personally, I'd send her down to developmental for a while as Kong destroys the entire Divas division, starts doing open invitationals, and then Kelly comes back and holds her own with Kong in a battle for the championship. :shrug:

I think Kelly Kelly could be a great heel.

She is attractive. What more do you need to be a heel Diva? OK, you do need competent mic skills and while Kelly Kelly's aren't particularly good, they're passable as a face. If they're passable when she's a face they could be better if she's a heel (it is arguably harder to talk convincingly as a face than as a heel). Or she could always join Lay-Cool. This way, she could simply hide behind the superior mic skills of Layla and McCool.

I'm not even going to mention her in-ring ability. Since when has that been important for Divas?

When it comes to face/heel turns, I am of the belief that wrestlers must be given a chance. No one thought Justin Gabriel could be a heel. Now look at him. Who's to say Kelly Kelly won't excel as a heel if she's never done it?

I am gonna disagree with all of you. I think Kelly turning heel as can be just as impactful as Trish turning heel back in the day. Kelly gets a louder pop than Eve, Melina and Natalya the kids and men and parents love her. Kelly coming back and screwing Edge out of the title can be very played as she can say you screwed me out of a job.

In what fucking world is McCool a good babyface? She floundered for years with no crowd response as a face, before her and Layla went nuclear as heels.

From what i remember seeing of McCool she was ok as a face. No where near as good as when she is a heel obviously. When she had the whole teacher thing, was she heel or face? Because i don't remember much before that.

Either way, what i was trying to get at is that she wasn't a 'bad' face. The best? Of course not, but she wasn't horrible at it.

I'm not a huge Kelly Kelly fan and I don't really see why Vince is so high on her. Most likely because she's attractive, because it can't be her in-ring or mic work.

She's mediocore in the ring at best and is worse on the mic. Kelly does get very good pops, I will give her that, but other than that she's nothing special. When you have Divas like Lay-Cool, Melina, Natalya, Beth, and King on the roster, Kelly Kelly doesn't really stand a chance.

If they are going to turn her heel, they are going to have to make it huge. She's so over as a face that the crowd won't want to boo her. I'm BEGGING WWE not to do what they did with Melina. That was just terrible. I think that if she is given the right storyline and opponet that she could at least have a little success as a heel. She will probably end up as a valet for McIntyre, though.

Sunny, Sable, Trish, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler. What do they have in common? They are attractive, blonde, and have a great smile. This is basically the prototype of a marketable diva that can make it really big and Vince is correct in thinking that Kelly Kelly is the most marketable of the Divas right now.

However I cannot see how Kelly Kelly can portray a good heel with her terrible acting. She fumbles her lines in most of he mic work so that could be a stumbling block to her being a heel. She could do well as a manipulative valet using her charms to pitch two male wrestlers to fight for her. All she would need to do would be flirt and I don't think she could fumble that.

She's not good on the mic....but that's fine. As a heel, she DOESN'T NEED to speak...rather let her actions do the talking. Interference here, a slap there...etc.

All she has to do is cost Edge the title, Vickie re-hires her, and she aligns herself with Drew. This may also be the rub the Drew had so desperately needed to make himself a main eventer.

Hmmmm....Now, I'm not going to say that a Heel turn for K2 couldn't work!!! Now yes, Trish Stratus heel turn worked very well, but Trish Stratus was a wayyyyyy better wrestler than Kelly Kelly!!!

Personally, I say that if VKM, and company wants her to go after the Divas Title, she should win while she's so over with the fans!!!

As far as pairing her up with Drew McIntyre is concerned, I really don't think that that pairing really works, or maybe, I'm just saying that because (storyline, or no) all the fans know that Drew McIntyre is really married to Taryn (Tiffany) Terrell.

Now, here's a wild idea that I came up with on another site about the Kelly Kelly angle: suppose that when Kelly Kelly returns, could she possibly lay claim to the World Heavyweight Title???

You see, in the Handicap Mixed Tag Team match, the rules stated that if Kelly got pinned by either Michelle McCool, or Layla, Edge would lose the WHC to Dolph Ziggler!!!

Now, here's what I'm getting at: VG, and LayCool set the precedent. Since Kelly Kelly was defending the WHC along with Edge, that makes her as much the Heavyweight Champion as Edge!!! (remember LayCool splitting the Women's Championship between the 2 of them)???

Now, granted that is crazy!!! But, no crazier than Stephanie McMahon competing in a Triple Threat match for the Undisputed Championship!!!

Kelly Kelly could very well make a great heel despite her bubblegum appearance, but I fail to see what could be done with her other than being Drew's valet.

There's just no place for another heel Diva when you've got Laycool and Vickie on Smackdown. I fail to see her as Diva's Champion when you've got about 5 other Divas in line for it. Ofcourse VKM's backing shoves them out of the way I suppose, but it would still be foolish.

But if she does become Drew's valet, I could see it working out.

really? sorry vince but kelly kelly aint shit. he's terrible. not a good wrestler and not good on the mic. why the hell would vince focus on kelly when he has divas like Kong, Natalya, Melina, Gail Kim, Beth, Eve, even Michelle and Layla.

sure she's hot. but thats it. he mic work with vickie and drew have been awful. hell even the commentators kept saying there was now way kelly was going to win that match. i mean she is a wrestler and u'd think he had some chance but the commentators completely buried her.

so what do u think about kelly kelly getting a push and a heel turn?

oh god....

First things first, it says that Vince sees her as the companies most marketable diva. This is absurdly true. If your going to send any of the diva's to anything to represent the company, than Kelly is by far the one to use. She goes to everything ; from their press conference announcing the location of Wrestlemania XXVIII ,to that ESPN party she was sent to last week. She has the perfect look to appeal to all ages and is essentially the stereo-typical american female look, and she's young. She is a safe and reliable bet on that front.

As for the actual on-screen part, it has been clear for a long time that the diva's primary role now is eye candy. Sure you have the Natalya's who can wrestle well, but people just don't care about that. So why not use someone who is at least atractive and won't take up too much screen time as your top diva? Mic skills and ring work don't matter anymore, their looks do, and Kelly more than succeds in that department.

You know, this situation is like what the Miz is going through. People just don't realize the different aspects and roles that are required out of people in WWE. It isn't simply about being good in the ring or getting the crowd excited. It's about having some who is versatile enough to handle all of the on-screen and off-screen aspects off the company. Those are the people who will go far, and those are the people they will push.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Kelly Kelly is THAT hot? I mean she is good looking at times but I don't see the appeal. I don't see why so many are crazy over her looks.

Anyway, let her turn heel. When I think of the Divas division, I think of LayCool and to a lesser extent, Natalya and Melina. The day Kelly becomes Divas champ, I would really dread it. I know Eve is just keeping the belt warm for Kong. Just let her debut soon and take the damn thing off of her. I was really enjoying the Divas division in the past couple months until Eve won it.

With that being said, let Kelly turn heel. Or maybe even Drew turn face. Whatever it is, I hate this Drew/Kelly storyline and I hope something is shaken up to make this more enjoyable.

What I get from this is that Vince is high on pushing her in a valet/girlfriend type role not necessarily a wrestling role, if thats the case then the whole story makes sense because she probably is the best suited diva at the moment to fill a valet/girlfriend type role, agree?

Well I can see Kelly as a heel. Her mic skills are ok nothing terrible but nothing great either. Her wrestling has improved heaps IMO from her ECW days. Or should I say early days. She has the look and she does do off-screen work for WWE. The only problem I have is that she's too over as a face to turn heel. It's kinda like turning Melina heel when she was over. If Kelly has a connection with Drew isn't that just a replay of Ted and Maryse? Drew then will become useless and Kelly will be stuck with him.

Faces

Beth
Natalya
Gail
Eve
Tamina (with Santino/Koslov)
Kaitlyn (she pretty much does nothing)
Kelly (at the moment she's face well actually she's fired)

Heels

Melina
The Bella Twins
Maryse
Alicia
LayCool (they may break up)
Kong (don't see her being a face)

Then we have Rosa who kinda doesn't matter. Idk if she's heel or face lol. If Kelly turns heel we will be left with one face on SD (Beth) and 3.5 faces on RAW (Gail, Eve,Natalya and Tamina). 6 Faces would be left in the company and Kaitlyn does not count so make that 5. Then we would have 8 heels if Kelly turned heel. The heel to face ratio is the only reason why I wouldn't want to see Kelly turn heel.

What I get from this is that Vince is high on pushing her in a valet/girlfriend type role not necessarily a wrestling role, if thats the case then the whole story makes sense because she probably is the best suited diva at the moment to fill a valet/girlfriend type role, agree?

Yes. It's nice that Kelly was able to get the win last week in her pairing with Edge, but I doubt it will lead to her having much success as a wrestler. She's more the "damsel in distress" type and I think she's going to get plenty of action being bounced around between Edge and Drew.

I was afraid the Drew/Kelly program had been abruptly discontinued until Drew made mention last night of how he blames Edge for getting Kelly fired. I believe the Edge/Ziggler series is almost finished and the next feud for Edge is with Drew.

NOTE: Where is Beth Phoenix? She was out for a long time with an injury, then made a couple of pointless appearances.....and has been missing for the last month. Jeez, if there's any diva the company can do exciting things with, it's Beth.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: If Chris Masters is supposed to be getting a push, it sure didn't start last night, with him being quickly defeated by Drew.

I surelly hope that Kelly Kelly DO NOT turn heel, i was really excited with Drew becoming a face. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last night we saw Drew blaming Edge, so Drew is still a heel, and he will stay heel, by feuding with Edge, and we have seen him being heel, dont workout very well...
I guess that in Elimination Chamber, or Drew eliminates Edge, or Edge eliminates Drew...

I'm a major McIntyre fan, but he is kind of stuck in WWE! Every week he faces someone from the Supertars like Barreta, Masters and JTG, he is a low-mid, and doesnt have much time to show is "ring-abilities", but he has a great move-set, c'mon how many guys do we see using the ring as a weapon like he does?

Well Creative is doing a great job, because they put us guessing..

and i'm hoping for a McIntyre face turn maybe by eliminating Ziggler to save Edge or something like that..
And Kelly Kelly should stay a face and have more fights like she had with Laycool (i was really surprised last week)..

Sorry for my mistakes, young and portuguese is who i AM XD :D

EHH if Packaged properly then it my work. It worked for trish but she was on a whole different level than most of the divas are today. Who knows kelly could end up shocking us all lol. I wouldnt want to see michelle pushed at least not now shes been pushed to the heavens and lord know she doesnt needs it anymore. Although during he heel run she has been impressive and has some heat so a real test would be to see if she can turn it around and be a face.

Im sorry but as of now though a heell kelly kelly is something I just cant envision.

She is alright on the mic and in the ring. But she never showed full potential of what she really can do, except for last weeks SmackDown main event and the beginning of the show.

Kelly Kelly returns at EC to screw edge out of the WHC and reveals she's been "seeing" Dolph the whole time.

She gets major heel heat, doesn't have to be a valet for Drew like everyone is saying and immediately becomes a main event heel valet for Ziggler. Leaving Vickie to work her magic elsewhere.

Kelly Kelly returns at EC to screw edge out of the WHC and reveals she's been "seeing" Dolph the whole time.

She gets major heel heat, doesn't have to be a valet for Drew like everyone is saying and immediately becomes a main event heel valet for Ziggler. Leaving Vickie to work her magic elsewhere.

It wouldn't work as she came out to save the title for Edge during the Royal Rumble. Why would she cost Ziggler the title if they were seeing each other the whole time? It could work if she cost Edge the title after she was fired to earn an opportunity back into the WWE. Kelly Kelly could then use her earned trust from Vickie and Ziggler to create havoc in the Divas division, making a double turn with Laycool. Personally she should not be cast as 'seeing' Dolph as that would portray Vickie in a sympathetic light and might affect the heat she can draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back