• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hard To Say Good-Bye

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
This is NOT an "I'm Leaving the Forums" thread

While, overall, I've been with the Company I work for, for going on 3 years now. I've only been at the Store I'm at, for collectively 7 months. Regardless, it doesn't exactly get any easier to say Good-bye to a place you love being at.

Since my time back this year, I've come to work with one of the greatest group of people I've ever had the privilege of working with. And I've come to meet some of the nicest (and some of the dumbest) group of customers, any business could ever as for.

With that said.. tonight, Sunday, was the last night of business for that Store. Ever. It's doors closed, and all in all its memories sealed.

Tomorrow I go back to more or less destroy whats left of the inside of the store, in taking out everything that wasn't sold. (literally, a price tag was on everything from the counter-tops to the computers and, empty, drawers we were not using to check people out from.)

Also tomorrow, I'm suppose to meet my new group of employee's. And I have to admit, for as much as I love the Company to death - I'm slightly scared and frightened at wondering how my new Co-Workers are going to turn out to be like.

I couldn't of asked for a better group at this Store I've been at, and now everyone still staying with the Company is heading off into different directions, for different Stores.. so all in all I just hope I can get lucky and wind up with yet another solid group of Co-Workers that makes an already amazing job, that much more worth it.

It's always sad to leave a place and a job that you have come to love overtime. But in life you have to be adventurous. Sometimes the consequences shouldn't matter. This is one of those times for you Will. You are entering a new adventure and I hope everything goes great for you.

Remember that you are a lucky man because you still have a job in this economy so always and I mean always Thank God for that blessing. Just pray that this new adventure will lead to good things and everything will be okay.

That does suck Will. I am sorry to hear that. I had a slightly similar situation. Not as extreme as the Store closing, because I work at a hospital. But I was transferred from one hospital, to another in the same network, and I was really nervous to meet everyone. Plus I had worked with the same group for literally two years. It was a bit of a hard change, but everyone welcomed me and were really cool. Hopefully your new group of co-workers can be similar to your old group.

I'm still with the same Company. It's still the same job. It's just a new location, and a different Crew.

Its nerve racking, because in the end.. if a person hates their job, they can look for a new job. But if a person doesn't get along with their Crew; unless they're Management, they can't change that.

I love this job way too much to give it up over any one, or any number of individuals who'd drag me down.. but I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't ruin my enjoyment of the Company, if I ended up working with someone who didn't get along with me - or wasn't in a position to want to try and get along with.

I'm still with the same Company. It's still the same job. It's just a new location, and a different Crew.

Same here. Same network company, same job (pay increase for coming here though), new location and new crew. Right there with you man.

Its nerve racking, because in the end.. if a person hates their job, they can look for a new job. But if a person doesn't get along with their Crew; unless they're Management, they can't change that.

I was nervous as hell my first day. New crew, not to mention new shift.

I love this job way too much to give it up over any one, or any number of individuals who'd drag me down.. but I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't ruin my enjoyment of the Company, if I ended up working with someone who didn't get along with me - or wasn't in a position to want to try and get along with.

Any one person or group can do that. At my old hospital this one guy just made it hell for me. He was just so negative that I hated working with him. I hear what you mean with the new crew though. I guess the only thing you can hope for is a group similar to your old one.

Holy shit. I thought this thread was you quitting mod... I actually got really sad for a moment.

All in all, my Manager took it hard.

Literally 2 minutes (more or less) after we locked the doors (for the last time, for customers) tonight. A guy came up to the door, trying to come in. She wanted to cry, then yelled "Its partly because of fuckers like you that we're having to close this Store."

No sooner than 10 minutes after close, the phone rang. As I was about to answer it, she yells "Don't answer the fucking phone!" I asked why.. and her reply was basically "Because we're officially fucking closed, and there's no longer a need or a reason to give a shit anymore on what anyone on the other end wants. Let the fucker ring."

It was hard, to say the least. (Its also in our rules that we aren't technically suppose to answer the phone past closing anyways. But all of us still did, because we were just nice that way.) I know exactly how it is for her though, especially because she was Manager over that Store. She was such a great Manager, she's being transferred to another Store herself to run.. and this one didn't get closed due to bad managing or anything like that.. unfortunately, from near as I've heard and can tell.. it was just too many other stores around, and a bad economy.

That and people are becoming really dependant on Red Box and Netflix. (Which, mind you - red box can't do shit for you if you rent a scratch/unplayable disc, as you can't contact anyone regarding it)

Holy shit. I thought this thread was you quitting mod... I actually got really sad for a moment.

I kinda figured someone would assume that, which is why I edited and went back to the original post to say it wasn't about me leaving the Forums. I guess I should've said, or Staff.

All in all, I assume too many people will actually attempt reading what I write - instead of just going off the title for "everything involved".

I definitely get what you're saying. I hated having to get used to a new group of co-workers, and love being back here at this job. Everyone is just comfortable with each other, and it makes work so much easier.

Im not even a prick or anything, i just tell it how it is when it comes to the place I work with. I hate the way some of the people talk to the customers and I have no problem telling them that...

Im not even a prick or anything, i just tell it how it is when it comes to the place I work with. I hate the way some of the people talk to the customers and I have no problem telling them that...

A real "Man Of The People" you are :lmao:

I am. It's all about small talk. And the same people come in on a daily basis so its very easy to find common ground. Like the one guy I always talk about the Pirates game from the night before. It's simple, he's interested, and at the same time keeps them happy. But at the same time I do need to drop the sarcastic gestures to the out of towners.. There was a dude from texas in there during the CFB season and they were about to play OU and i said Go Sooners.... :lmao:

I guess you didn't get the joke, and more than likely that banned would have been lifted too... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back