Haiku Hogan Presents: Random Pointless Tournament Predictions

I must say; it's very interesting to see my panel's take on the roster. Some very interesting discrepancies in listings...

#stirringtheshit

Just to whet everyone's appetite....

Currently we have eight members of our panel, with five of them turning in their ballot. Of the five posters ballot's.

The posters who garnered a #1 ranking.

Sam Smith: 1
Celeste: 1
Zeus: 1 (this is a technicality; the person picked ineligible competitors, but it's my fault as I didn't specify only people qualifying for the tournament)
Saboteur: 2 (one of Saboteur's votes was garnered in a similar way)

Howevah, there are only two characters that made everyone's (so far) Top 5:

Chris KO
SHIT

You should post what votes people got as you post the seeds

Say KO got #1 overall

1. Chris KO (2,2,4,5,1)

Or something like that

You should post what votes people got as you post the seeds

Say KO got #1 overall

1. Chris KO (2,2,4,5,1)

Or something like that

That's actually the plan. I'm also going to include my ranking in a little bit.

Sam Smith
SHIT
Dr. Zeus
Celeste Crimson
Saboteur
Chris KO
Grand Mystique
James Howard
Blade
Ace Stevens
Alhazred
Rush
DC
Mikey Stormrage
Matt Tastic
Mason Westoff
Vega
Isabel Stone
Beard
Grizzly Bob
David Whitman
Runn
Amber Warren
Angel
Thrash
Dusin Hunter

No hard feelings to the guys in the bottom. I pretty much picked them from who I feel have the better chances of winning.

Sam Smith
SHIT
Dr. Zeus
Celeste Crimson
Saboteur
Chris KO
Grand Mystique
James Howard
Blade
Ace Stevens
Alhazred
Rush
DC
Mikey Stormrage
Matt Tastic
Mason Westoff
Vega
Isabel Stone
Beard
Grizzly Bob
David Whitman
Runn
Amber Warren
Angel
Thrash
Dusin Hunter

No hard feelings to the guys in the bottom. I pretty much picked them from who I feel have the better chances of winning.

You missed five people by the way.

Keep in mind guys, this is just my rankings. I'll have the real thing out soon as my panelists are all set.

30. Thrash- no showing the biggest show of the year will do this for you. Sorry, brother.

28. Joey Sexton- new guy, hope this doesn't become Joey Ryan again.

28. Jimmy Flynn- Seems a nice guy, too squeaky clean a character.

27. Dustin Hunter- This is all based on the potential of the character; eventually Dustin needs to cash in on that potential. Shit, or get off the pot.

26. Angel- potential with the new character; then again I love the Nutty Professor

25. Ricky Runn- Sorry, fella; too much swag for me to handle.

24. Amber Warren- Before I hype her, I want to see her best someone big, not because of a no show.

23. Alex Bowen- Man can get it done, with some confidence. Doesn't seem to have any.

22. Mikey Stormrage- Can he bounce back from a crushing loss? It feels wrong putting him so long, but it also seems right.

21. Izzy Stone- I want to see her outright beat someone big. Could be great; I just haven't seen it yet.

20. Grizzly Bob- This could very well be the new big face of the company.

19. Alhazred- A consistent Alhazred would be a dark horse.

18. The Beard- perhaps Wrestlezone Weekend was just what he needed.

17. Mat Tastic- Big bloody win, has he lost a one on one match since returning?

16. Mason Westhoff- Could be really good, could be really bad. Halfway seems fitting.

15. Blade- Would like to see some direction.

14. Wasabi Toyota- See Blade

13. David Whitman- This is my dark horse pick of the dark horse picks.

12. Ace Stevens- I love Ace Stevens; I don't love the Schnide he seems to be on.

11. Dr. Zeus- I still have a lot to prove.

10. DC- ok, this is my dark horse pick. I think.

9. GM- Extremely dangerous, can he keep it up for four ish rounds?

8. James Howard- This could be his breakout.

7. Rush- Here's hoping he's back for good.

6. Vega- He may be the toughest out in the tournament.

5. Sam Smith- Here's where it gets really tricky.

4. SHIT- Could opponents for his new shiny ruin his tournament?

3. Saboteur- May be the hottest thing going in the tournament.

2. Celeste- Or it could be her....

1. Chris KO- nah.... It's him.

What? I didn't rank Chris K.O. in my top 5. Or S.H.I.T.. Actually, if you cut out former world champs, S.H.I.T. makes the top 5.

Flattered that I'm 3rd, though. Sadly, 3 of your top 5 aren't allowed in the tournament.

Meh, knew champs wouldn't be allowed in, if only because creative kept their mouths shut about the whole deal while I was asking. Makes winning at Kingdom Come bittersweet.

I'll likely post my seedings in here later. I've given them a little blurb of justification for each member of the roster too

Shotaro said:
I'll likely post my seedings in here later. I've given
them a little blurb of justification for each
member of the roster too
You have some big, bad, brass balls, brother, posting them publicly like that ;)

I submitted them a couple of days ago. I have no issue with my rankings and hopefully there is something constructive to take from the comments I've made to justify the rankings.

1. Sam Smith - This is a bit of a punt admittedly but I think there are 3 or 4 people in the running for winning the whole thing so I put Smith at #1 for reliability and consistency.

2. Celeste Crimson - Celeste would be at number one barring one thing, Echelon's tendancy to choke in big matches.

3. Rush - If Rush actually turns up for every week he should comfortably make the semi finals. If he doesn't he'll drop off this whole thing pretty quick but I believe he could win the whole thing.

4. Chris KO - He finally broke the title streak and that's huge for him. I think it will serve him well and give him a huge confidence boost going into the next round.

Realistically anyone in the top 4 could win the whole damn thing.

5. SHIT - traded wins with Barbosa. A serious one to watch

6. Vega - STILL unbeaten after how long? A huge win over Ace Stevens only cements this guys bright future.

7. Saboteur - I think many over-rate him but that's not to say he isn't good. I think he'll struggle to make it to the semi-finals but should be a safe quarter-finals bet.

8. Ace Stevens - Ace is great he's not been on great form recently but things like this bring out the best in people and Sanka has the skill to really shine in this tournament.

9. Dr Zeus - Unbeaten, hot gimmick and about to feud with a former world champion. Zeus may even make it to the Semi finals but I think guys like Saboteur and Ace Stevens have a slight edge over him

10. Wasabi Toyota - Again a consistently good RPer in his day, however he disappeared off the face of the earth previously and may very well do so again. Could do well and get past the quarters but is unlikely to reach the final.

11. D.C. - He's growing into the WZCW style and given free rein to do as he pleases he could really shine in the fed. DC knows this is his chance to prove himself and he'll go guns blazing. He isn't higher because he has only beaten the next guy once.

12. James Howard - I looked at the rest of the list and after seating DC I seemed to just sit here comfortably. A good draw could see me to the quarter finals but in all honesty that's likely my limit.

13. Blade - his last RP disappointed and I think it shows that his current gimmick is already beginning to run out of steam. He needs fuel in the tournament or he's out by the quarter finals.

14. Isabel Stone - She can do very well but I don't think she could beat anyone in the top 8. In fact given an unlucky draw she MAY be a second round loser. She's going to have a tough time getting further than that though.

15. Grand Mystique - Numbers is so inconsistent that he may not even get to the last 16. In all honesty he should, but who knows?

16. Mikey Stormrage – A real coin flip for the last 16, could, maybe even should get this far without issues but with a relatively poor track record in singles matches he might not even make it. That being said if Yazloz gets rolling with the character he could be a surprising quarter or even semi finalist.

NB From here things get a little vague. Some people haven't been around enough to be truly tested but have impressed so far, others haven’t really RPed at all.

17. David Whitman - Untested but his debut impressed. If anyone left on the roster is likely to be a surprise finalist it’s this guy.

18. Mason Westhoff - an inconsistent RPer but even at his best Westhoff will struggle against the top 10 or 12 guys. Can impress but one bad RP is all it takes.

19. Matt Tastic - I honestly feel bad that tastic is this low but for every great RP he writes there are at least two duff ones. His path is all about the draw and he could go real far, he could also crash out in round one.

20. Mr Alhazred - Much like Tastic he would be higher if he were anything resembling consistent. He usually pulls through in big matches but has losing streaks between them

21. Alex Bowen - Couldn't beat Tastic, long term Mayhem Champion taking into account that Bowen himself isn’t even keen on entering the tournament I would expect him to not try especially hard if his first round draw is likely to beat him.

22. The Beard - Theo can be great and Beard is probably the best of what is left. Again it's all about the draw but I honestly can't see him getting past the second round and even then he'll only get there if the draw falls well for him.

23. Ricky Runn - He needs a fresh gimmick (again) he's done well to evolve but he's just not THAT good every week. Can knock out a great RP once or twice between PPVs but can also get into a rut.

24. Amber Warren - again very new but so far has impressed. Can surely go better than this but has yet to face anyone outside of the bottom 4

25. Krypto – has had some good wins and impressive victories but given the uncertainty of his position within the fed and his big defeat at Kingdom Come it’s hard to imagine him overcoming in a big way and scoring a big scalp

26. Grizzly - again a solid newcomer but struggled against the beard and has lost to the likes of Krypto, Amber and Runn.

27. Sexton - Token new guy, untested, likely to out perform the bottom four

28. Jimmy Flynn - MM Soldier can be great. This character just isn't and his lengthy losing streak proves it.

29. Thrash – Has beaten Angel and Hunter

30. Angel – has beaten Hunter

31. Dustin Hunter - He's come a LONG way already and the difference between the last 3 or 4 guys is not massive. Anyone between 27 and 31 could beat each other at this point and it wouldn't be a huge shock.

Барбоса;4573707 said:
He most certainly has not.

Eh, either way he's proven he's not THAT far below that level and in this instance that's good enough.

At the very least you've never totally embarrassed him and for the majority of the roster that's one hell of an achievement

I WAS going to leave it, but (since we're correcting it) Grizzly lost only to Krypto and Beard, not Amber or Ricky. ;) I'm not saying Grizzly will win against Ricky and Amber, though.

You still got balls of cast iron, Shotaro :) Respect!

Eh, either way he's proven he's not THAT far below that level and in this instance that's good enough.

At the very least you've never totally embarrassed him and for the majority of the roster that's one hell of an achievement

It standing there in a sprayed on tuxedo and a clump of wedding cake on its head was pretty embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back