It's March Madness Time! WZ Tournament Betting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
*Slyfox note - Spam is allowed in this thread ONLY! **

One of the most popular aspects to the NCAA Basketball Tournament is the betting pools. Members of the pool pick who they think will win each game, and the winner gets a prize, whether it be money or bragging rights.

Well, here at WZ, we are going to be bringing that fun and excitement to you. But, not about the NCAA Tournament (at least, not what I'm talking about). Nope, welcome to the 3rd Annual Wrestlezone Tournament betting!

Here's how it works (hopefully). Once all the seeds have been announced, and all wrestlers placed, we will open up the bracket for picks.

Here's how to do it:

1. Register an account on www.bracketmaker.com
2. Choose your screenname. Make your name be the Screen name you go by on WZ. For example, my name would be Slyfox696. This is so we know who you are, and will avoid duplicate brackets.
3. Go to the bracket. You can find the link for each region in their respective sub-forums. Click on that link, and get access to the bracket.
4. Predict It! There will be a link in the top left corner that says "Predict It!". Click on that.
5. Pick your bracket. Choose who you think will win each match up in the first round, and then click "enter" at the bottom. Do the same for every round in the region, until you have chosen an overall winner.
6. Do it again for every region.

It's very simple how it works. If you plan on doing a bracket, feel free to say so. If you have any questions on how to do any of this, feel free to ask.

Oh, and one other thing. No cheating. If you are caught cheating, you will be disqualified. I plan on printing out all brackets before the tournament, so don't think about cheating.

As far as rewards go, we are not sure. We have been discussing some ideas in the Board Room, and will let people know at some point.

I will announce when the brackets are open to be Predicted.

I'm so in for this. And if you are caught cheating, not only will you be DQ'd, but we reserve the right to let Sly infract you and change your sig.

O god, I am down for this. Even though I will lose because of my strong love for some, and my huge hate for others. I won't help you though in your lawsuit against the NCAA.

Just to let you know, it's a very difficult process. Remember, that rounds 4 and 5 are the gimmick matches, so honestly, you have no idea what type of match two people are going to be in, especially in round 4. With Round 5 at least you have a general idea of either one match or another. Round 4 is the real crap shoot though, and could change the outcome of your entire bracket

However, since no one knows what type of matches are going to show up in round 4, it's an equal handicap.

Sly has to update the entire fields till. All the regions are finished, except who will be #143 in the WCW Region. Sly is running this part of the tournament, so when he's finished updating his brackets, it'll be ready to go. For certain though, this won't start until Monday. You could finish them now if you like, but they will be incomplete.

I'll participate in this, I might as well, I don't care enough about college basketball to participate in the March Madness tournaments, so I'll try my luck at this instead.

Sly has to update the entire fields till. All the regions are finished, except who will be #143 in the WCW Region. Sly is running this part of the tournament, so when he's finished updating his brackets, it'll be ready to go. For certain though, this won't start until Monday. You could finish them now if you like, but they will be incomplete.
Are all the sub-regions filled in now? I've been updating my bracket from those.

Cool, I'll participate. Even though the tournament will probably finish with a very similar final 8 as last years.

Ok, so the bracket's not working for me. I log in, but is there nothing on the current tournament available. I found last years tournament, but not this years.

What is not working? The links? Or you can't do the "Predict" thing. Because I haven't turned predictions on yet, as I was waiting for the last member of the tournament.

The prediction thingy. I forgot about the final member, even though I just put forth my vote for David Arquette.

The prediction thingy. I forgot about the final member, even though I just put forth my vote for David Arquette.
I haven't enabled the predictions yet. Once the last wrestler is entered, I will publish the brackets, and open up for predictions.

Just making sure, we aren't picking who we would pick to win are we? It's who we think the forum will pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back