GWA

Remix

Is a thin rope
Jon Stevens: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the dawn of a new age of professional. For those who don’t know who I am, My name is Jon Stevens, And I’m the GWA president, and the man who is going to save pro wrestling. You see, for too long one company ruled by a dictator has held a strangling monopoly on American wrestling. I intend to change that. Ladies and gentlemen, tonight history will be made. Tonight, GWA Warzone’s very first broadcast gets broadcast live around the world. Tonight begins the first step to killing the empire created by Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Remember where you are tonight because this is the biggest thing to hit pro wrestling since Hulk Hogan defeated Andre the Giant.

Pyro explodes and the GWA theme blares around the arena as Warzone goes live, Jon still standing in the ring waiting for the noise to die down

Jon Stevens: To mark the birth of GWA, I’ve got one hell of a show lined up for you tonight, with some of GWA’s best and brightest stars in action, all fighting to become champions. Tonight will begin the first round of three tournaments, for the GWA World Television championship, the GWA World Tag Team Championship, and the GWA Women’s Championship. Half of the participents in the Tag Team and Television Championship tournaments have been decided, and will be in action tonight. Anybody else who wants a shot at these titles can sign up at any point before the end of the week. The contenders for the woman’s title will be determined in a last Diva standing tournament. Finally, our main event will be an over the top rope Battle Royale to determine the top 4 contenders to the GWA Heavyweight Championship. Those top 4 contenders will fight it out next week to determine Chris Jericho’s Number 1 contender. And we’re going to start off the action with the first match of the Television Championship tournament right here, in this very ring.

The crowd roars in appreciation of this, as the show takes a commercial break.

Todd Grisham: I’m Todd Grisham, and beside me is Matt Striker, and what an announcement from GWA President Jon Stevens

Matt Striker: Yes indeed Todd, the concept of using tournaments to crown both contenders for a title is an ingenious one. And what’s more, it can’t be influenced by politics. It’s down to whoever has the skill to earn their place as a true champion.

[YOUTUBE]7eGfIwW47ko[/YOUTUBE]

Dolph walks to the ring with a determined look in his eyes and a microphone in his hand. Clearly intent on talking the talk, before his opponent makes him walk the walk.

Howard Finkel: Making his way to the ring, from Holywood, California and weighing in at 220 pounds... Dolph Ziggler!

Todd Grisham: And the first competitor is one who certainly does have the skill to win.

Matt Striker: Dolph Ziggler is an excellent athlete, with a superb technical background. He certainly could go far in this tournament.

By now, Ziggler has entered the ring and raises the microphone to his mouth.

Dolph Ziggler: Before I wrestle in GWA Warzone’s first ever match, I’d like to set a few things straight. My name is NOT Dolph Ziggler, and I am THROUGH with playing management’s games. My name is Nick Nemeth, and I am the best natural athlete in this company. Hell I’m the best natural athlete in every other company I’ve worked for too. This may surprise you but it’s true.

Nick is clearly angry and he begins pacing while he talks

Nick Nemeth: just over 5 years ago I debuted on the big stage. I was excited. This was my dream. I was going to perform live, in front of thousands of people in a sold out arena. You know how they made me debut? They handed me a sweater-vest and made me Kerwin White’s golf caddy! But I put up with it, I’m still living the dream. WWE management is just making me pay my dues before they let me off the leash. Next they told me, and four other excellent athletes to dress like male cheerleaders, call ourselves the Spirit Squad and act like complete idiots. I thought, this was a step up. I’m a tag team champion. I’m on Raw, and beating other wrestlers. And I’m still a newbie paying my dues. This and being a caddy is just an initiation. They’ll make me act like an idiot for a few months and then let us go wild. This was until we associated with Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Those two bastards made our lives a living hell. They dumped human shit on our heads, locked us in cages and forced us to lie on our backs for a 60 year old who had passed his prime so long ago, that he was now in an entirelt different continent to it. And that was just the stuff that was televised. Backstage it was worse. They cancelled hotel reservations, hid our clothes, locked us out of the locker room and put laxatives in our food. You know why they did that? Because they were threatened by us, and they knew we couldn’t do anything about it. Whose word would Vince McMahon take, the 5 new guys, or his son in law? Mercifully the Spirit Squad died a quick death thanks to Degeneration-X. Two years after being put in crate destined for ‘OVW’ I was called again and told that they were giving me a third chance. After the liars promised me that there would be no shit dumped on me, I was told to introduce myself to anybody and everything. I mean sure, it beats being a cheerleader, but WWE management gave me a fetish for introducing myself. But the worst was yet to come. I got sent to Smackdown, where somebody liked me and I was told to drop the introduction fetish, and more or less be myself. I still had a stupid name, but the ridiculousness was gone. Eventually, I was told that I was going to be working with Rey Mysterio over the Intercontinental title. There was no doubt I could beat Rey. I’m younger than him, better than him, and his knee has been reconstructed more times more times than I’ve been mistreated by my..

He makes air quotes

Nick Nemeth: “Superiors”. So, backstage while I was warming up for my match against Rey, my friend in high places told me that Rey was demanding that I throw the match. If I didn’t take the fall, he was going to quit. Apparently the Mexican jumping has-bean is more valuable than I am, so I take the fall... twice, before he gets suspended for drugs. Now, this was the perfect time to give me the Intercontinental championship, right? I was the number one contender. Wrong. John Morrison was given the intercontinental title. John, unlike Rey was willing to fight fair. Management wasn’t. I was yesterday’s news. I was told that Vince’s new favourite wrestler was going to win the title, so I was told to lie on my back so that John Morrison could be free to do the same for Drew McIntyre. That was when I decided I was DONE with WWE management and started looking for employment elsewhere. I found it in GWA. Here it’s a clean slate with no politians to hold talented wrestlers down. I am “The Natural” Nick Nemeth, and win or lose it’s happening based on my abilities as a wrestler, and nothing else. I became a professional wrestler so I could entertain people with my God given gift. In GWA, I have found the place where I can do that.

Nick lowers the microphone and gets ready for the match, as another commercial break is taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back