• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GROUNDWORK LAID FOR CENA HEEL TURN???

bingaring

Dark Match Winner
This is only the second post I have ever written on here, so please bear with me. For months, damn close to a year now, people have been crying for Cena to turn heel. I am Cena fan. I'm not the 12 year old girl type of fan. I am a fan of John Cena the person, not the character. John Cena lives and breathes this business we all enjoy watching. He clearly loves his job, and he lives to entertain us all. That is where the problem comes in. His character has gotten so stale over the last year or more, and quite simply put, it's time to make a drastic change. The writing has been on the wall for so long now that he will turn heel, that I think it is simply a matter of time.

To me, tonight seemed to lay the groundwork for the heel turn to finally happen. Why? Here's why. Cena has been forced to help Barrett so that he doesn't get fired. Last night, Cena helped Barrett win by DQ, and tonight the reverse was true. Now, the stipulation put in place pits Cena as the guest referee of Survivor Series. If it were a simple case of Cena helps Barrett win and gets out of Nexus, then so be it. However, here is what I see happening. I believe that the outcome will be Cena forced into one of those situations where Barrett is telling him to do something to help him win. Cena will put on one of his "tortured" looks, playing off like he doesn't want to cheat Orton out of the title. Just when we are positive he is going to do the right thing, and walk away, he will cost Orton the title. The heel turn will happen when he does it with a smile on his face and then shakes Wade Barrett's hand. Cena will not be out of Nexus, but more likely will be the new leader of Nexus I believe.

The only thing that could potentially throw a monkey wrench in this is that HHH seems to always come back at Survivor Series after a long layoff. It's entirely possible as well that he comes back, and is somehow involved. I think the way to handle this is to have Cena help Barrett win, and then make Barrett unstoppable because he has Nexus and Cena watching his back. It's NWO type of unstoppable at that point.

My entire point here is simple. I like John Cena the person. I think he is a great role model, and an ambassador for the Sports Entertainment industry. Character wise, he and the fans desperately need and deserve a heel turn to shake things up, and see something new.

Here's to hoping that the higher purpose that Barrett continues to allude to is in fact their true leader John Cena.

What are your thoughts? Are we finally going to see the long overdue heel turn that makes John Cena's popularity soar to new heights. Are we finally going to see the John Cena character get interesting again?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

With Cena being named the special guest referee at Survivor Series, and this stipulation being if Barrett wins the title then Cena will be let go from the Nexus.

This would seem like the perfect chance to finally make the turn and make Cena a heel. I imagine it somewhere along the lines of the match is going for about 15-20 minutes, Orton gaining control, much like last night at Bragging Rights, Cena then grabs Orton and hits an AA or locks in the STF causing Barrett to then win the WWE Championship. At first Cena has a look of remorse on his face for causing Orton the title but then he would let out a big smile and start to celebrate with the Nexus, then making it look like this was the master plan all along and then would come the full fledged heel turn that we have been waiting for.

Any thoughts on it?, I can take the criticism being this my first thread I've created so fire away guys.

I can see how you would think that. This might not be relevant at all but I noticed the "Did You Know" segment coming back from the commercial break. It mentioned John Cena's involvement with the Make A Wish Foundation. I wouldn't think that the WWE would recognize this type of distinction if there was a possible heel turn in the near future. I'm also a big fan of John Cena, the man, however I do agree that his gimmick is in dire need of a shot in the arm. He can only be the noble, hero for so long and stay fresh.

I think that the Make a Wish Foundation recognition is two fold. First off, he deserves recognition for all the charitable work he does. He's a good guy outside the ring. The second part of it is that the face of WWE needs to look good for the media right now because elections are next Tuesday. Linda McMahon wants that Senate seat in Connecticut. If you notice, they are also using heels and faces both and breaking kayfabe when it comes to the Stand Up for WWE campaign. I don't think a heel turn would have any bearing on Cena's image.

I don't see it happening. Just because it seriously doesn't make any sense...

-Cena just AA'd Barrett so that he wouldn't get fired but WOULD stop Barrett from winning the title.
-Husky and McGillicuty (spelling?) just joined Nexus.... they cost Cena the title...
-Cena would be belittling himself, a perfectly fine main-eventer, so that someone else can have the title?
-Barrett just screwed Cena out of the Tag-Titles tonight and on top of that clothes-lined him...

If anything I guess this could start a rivalry (again...) with Cena and Orton. Other than that it really wouldn't make sense to me, but I'll appreciate Creative and hope the storyline plays out well either way.

NO NO NO NO dumb sorry guys. But listen there needs to be something bigger in all of this then Cena. if they turn Cena and make him the nexus leader everybody saw it coming and if you didnt your dumb. WWE needs to have a suprise a huge suprise. Besides Barrett is awesome as the leader if Cena or HHH becomes the leader it runies Barrett. The big picture needs to be that Barrett was smart used Cena to win the title and then drop is ass out of HIS group, They attacked Taker for a reason I think we all know that after tonight. Its part of the big picture so, on a side note Vince and the WWE need to make new stars for the future Barrett needs to be the big Heel of the future, People will bash me for this but Takers win streak at Mania is boring and overrated I been watching wrestling since I was 4 it was fun for awhile but now just boring. So with all that said this is what needs to happen and if it doesnt then WWE screwed themself. Have for the next few months Barrett contuine to grow as champion but leading up to Maina have him lose it to who eles but John Cena! becuase of Taker, and the big picture is still alive because Nexus and Barrett attacked Taker had Bragging Rights because Barrett wants Taker at Mania have them fight and have Barrett, and yes im dead serious have Barrett beat Taker clean win ending the streat and sending Takers ass packing. And then the future is born and you have your biggest Heel ever!

If anything I see less of a heel turn is in the near future. They way I see it playing out is Cena does the 3 count. Wade wins and is now the champ. Then right after the match AA by Cena to Wade. Setting up them fueding over the title. Remember most of the time the simplest solution is the right solution.

I agree! I think this is a GREAT chance for the WWE to make the Cena heel turn. IMO Cena with NEXUS would be amazing.

What i think is a bit different than yours. What i think is, due to whatever reason Barret will win the match and become WWE champion. Cena will leave Nexus and feud with Barret for the championship. This feud has been going on for months and right now its like Cena lost the feud. It doesn't end that way, it never does! So Cena will win the title back, we may probably see Taker's return somehere along the lines and thats it! Do i like it? No! But when everyone is waiting for Cena turning heel one month after another, WWE actually reached its goal by keeping viewers interested. They don't intend to turn Cena heel, not yet, they are just keeping viewers interested. Just like they did with Mystery Raw GM, or Miz's MIB case. It continues so that you follow each month hoping for a change. They might end up doing all these one day, just not that quick without getting it stale.

I was wondering this tonight also. Then it hit me while reading this, The Nexus attacked The Undertaker at Bragging Rights, there's some suspicion on why. Then all year long they've been saying they want either Sheamus or John Cena (heel) to face The Undertaker at WM 27. This goes along with your Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton w/ John cena as the special referee for the WWE Champioship at Survivor Series aka John Cena's epic heel turn match. The reason why I say epic is because basically the only really big heel turn in WWE history recently is when SCSA joined the WCW side of the "Invasion". Now I am a big John Cena mark, so if/when Cena turns heel, I'll still be behind him. JCF4L= John Cena Fan 4 Life!!!! I'm a mark I'm sorry.:lol:

I wouldn't think that the WWE would recognize this type of distinction if there was a possible heel turn in the near future.

Really, you doing think that building him up as a good guy in the month building up to this supposed heel turn would be a good way to make it just a little more shocking?

I do agree Cena needs a heel turn but I don't know if I see it happening. I'm pretty sure the anonymous GM is the Nexus leader and I'm thinking it's Triple H but that's another thread. Cena's way stale and a good heel turn could make him even more popular when he turns face after a few years if he can be an interesting and compelling heel. I'm sure he can.

If anything I see less of a heel turn is in the near future. They way I see it playing out is Cena does the 3 count. Wade wins and is now the champ. Then right after the match AA by Cena to Wade. Setting up them fueding over the title. Remember most of the time the simplest solution is the right solution.

No offence to you, but that is the most boring outcome anyone can think of. Everybody is tired of seeing Wade Barrett vs. John Cena. It's been done for the last four months. It's logical, but very uninteresting. Nobody wants to see it, WWE honestly needs something new. Plus, if you heard recent news, Vince, (For Some Reason), wants John Cena a heel. And this is the perfect time.

On Topic: Like I said, this is the perfect time for John Cena to turn heel. I'm not sure how it'll work, but it should be interesting. A scenario could be, John Cena costing Randy Orton the match, making Barrett win the title. John Cena shows remorse in the ending, but also shows happiness. He rips off his ref or his own t-shirt, and reveals a Nexus T-Shirt. He and the rest of Nexus attack Randy Orton, and they celebrate. This is my opinion, but if Vince is serious about making Cena heel, this should make some sort of sense.

I would like to see Cena turn heel, but I don't think they will do that. He is something that could happen, have Cena make the 3 count. As soon as Cena gets removed of nexus duties, have him give the AA to Barrett, then have the Miz run out and cash in money in the bank. The ref counts 3 and Miz is champ

Yeah I knida smiled at the end of Raw because I hope that this is what they're setting up. But if they still like to mess with the IWC, they know that we're well aware of the rumored Cena turn, and maybe they are going to change plans. But some things, even when predicted by the internet fans, are still bound to happen, and if they really want to turn Cena, I think this is clearly how it's going to happen.

I honestly see one of three scenarios happening, all of which end with Barrett beating Orton at Survivor Series.

1. Barrett wins with Cena not wanting to count the 3, but as to. Cena's free from Nexus and he and Barrett fued for the title.

2. Cena turns heel, helps Barrett win the title, and Cena focuses on dominating the WWE more than being WWE Champion for the time being, until Undertaker is ready to come back for a Wrestlemania showdown with Cena, with Cena being behind the attack of the Undertaker.

3. Same as the first as far as the match finish goes. Only this time, Cena gives Barrett the AA and locks in the STF until the referees break him off. During this, The Miz comes out with his MITB briefcase in hand, and uses Cena as the referee. Miz cashes in, hits the Skull Crushing Finale on Barrett and wins the WWE Title, with Cena giving a little smile as he exits and lets Miz celebrate.

Im pretty new to all this so give me a break. If you believe the internet then just put all the pieces together! Vince wants cena vs undertaker at mania. Makes PERFECT sense to why the nexus attacked him at Bragging Rights if cena has been in on it all along. IMO CENA NEEDS A CHANGE and this is the perfect oppurtunity. Everyone has their opinons and im probably gonna get bashed for this. Guess we just wait and see

I see it playing out with Cena helping Barrett win, then attacking him after the match and Miz coming down and cashing in his MITB briefcase so Cena can be out of Nexus, but also cost Barrett the WWE title immediately after he won it, and Cena and Barrett can feud without the title because they don't need the title on the line to keep the feud interesting.

cena can help barrett win and in the rematch he can help Barrett lose it's simple .. I think Kane is secret leader of nexus ! they only help Kane win so it's obvious they're working together .. cena isn't going heel this year it would be dumb and predictable .

A Cena heel turn has to be completely thought out and done to perfection. I just think that Cena costing Orton the title at Survivor Series, just so Barrett can win, takes away sooo much credibility from Cena's big heel turn moment.

I mean, what... their master plan for months now has been to get Cena to ref a match at Survivor Series so he can cheat to make Barrett a champ? I doubt it...

Cena's Heel turn will be historic, I doubt they'd use it just to give another guy a title... which would eventually make Nexus weak by lessening Barrett's character to make way for Cena.

I do, however, see an intriguing storyline developing here with Nexus and Cena, in which Nexus has Cena win all of their titles for them, just to eventually take them from Cena and hand them over to another Nexus member.

I do see Cena going heel, I just hope it's not wasted in a such predictable fashion, such a boring fashion... at Survivor Series.

The groundwork has been layed out for a heel Cena/Taker WM match... we just need to figure out another possible path to get us there. The Kane/Taker interference is completely significant in this, I just don't know how it'll happen.

Again, this is just IMO.

Here's to a non Survivor Series, Barrett winning, master plan all along, heel turn.

John Cena being the leader of Nexus makes perfect sense. I don't believe Cena has ever beaten The Undertaker 1 vs 1. He lost to Taker at Vengeance in 03, then again on an episode of Smackdown in 04. He wants revenge on Taker for those loses.

What better way then have Nexus destroy and bury him alive. I'm hoping he does become the leader rather than Triple H. We have seen Triple H be the leader of DX and Evolution as a heel. John Cena being the leader of a heel group would actually be fresh.

As much as I want to see Cena turn heel, I have to agree with this post. It is the most realistic option as well, I don't know how creative can explain how Cena is the leader of Nexus after their 5 or so month feud.

I doubt he will turn heel. I can see Cena screwing Orton out of the title but only to get out of the Nexus. Thus at what ever the ppv after that we will see a Barret vs Cena vs Orton match for the title or just Cena vs Orton in some revenge match. Cena vs Orton at WM27 maybe? We've seen them go at it time and time again but never at Mania one on one. This could be the beginning of the lead up to that. Not sure who will be on what side by then though since i can't predict the future.

Here's a new twist on this though. TNA recently turned Jeff Hardy heel in what many consider a very surprising move. Given that, do you think that Vince would be a little gun shy on turning Cena heel because "TNA just did that and Vince is borrowing ideas from Eric Bischoff." I'm not saying that this definitely means something, however Vince has shown that he can do stupid moves in order to be petty.

Do I think that a heel turn is coming? Probably. However, there has to be a reason. One reason could be that the Nexus leader, Cena, HHH, Barrett, or the GM whoever he/she is, wants to end Taker's streak for good or something like that. I really don't like that storyline though because it's been used twice in a row and I doubt anyone not named HBK could really pull that off if they play the story off a third time. I doubt it's HHH if that's the reason. He's gonna want to continue his feud with Sheamus when he returns and while we do have TLC coming up after Survivor Series, I mean you go from attacking Taker to getting revenge on Sheamus? That makes no sense. Now if they do the "you retired my friend so I'm going to retire you" angle. Okay, go ahead and do it or at least try. So I guess that could happen. If they do want this to go to Wrestlemania though and a feud with Taker, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have Cena behind the attack, go heel, and join Nexus if they want a Cena Taker match.

I actually see John Cena turning on Wade Barrett and taking control of the Nexus as a whole group. Anyone else notice the group falling apart under Barrett's leadership? Otunga humiliated, Darren Young kicked out, Michael Tarver and Skip Sheffield injured. I see the whole nexus faction turning on there leader right after he wins the title and John Cena being their new leader

I see a heel turn here. remember the interference that had cena join the nexus was not at barretts request, what if cena screws Barrett at Survivor Series with the support of the rest of Nexus who are seemingly growing tired of Barrett thus explaining the bigger picture is actually to end takers streak hence the attack on him at BR. I see Cena regaining the title soon as from Orton and taker defeating Kane for his title around rumble time to set up the expected title reunification match at wrestlemania.... making it an epic Taker-Cena encounter...with some beleivableness that Cena may end the streak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back