• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greatest spot I've ever seen

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Ok, I know I am way behind on the times, but I re-watched Rock v Cena. I had to comment about the spot they did at the end where Rock does the last ditch cross body. Cena catches it full on. They roll thru. Cena somehow, in an almost super human effort, holds the rock for a slam all the way from the ground to standing. Then one ups superman by taking the rock's 265lbs frame and lifting him above cena's head for an AA.

That match had already gone a half hour. It was 85degrees with humidity only south Florida can produce. I do not know how Cena did that, but damn man, that had me amazed. Greatest spot I have ever seen. I have watched wrestling since 1982 and I swear that is the best spot my eyes ever took in.

I'm not saying it's better than Foley falling off/through the cell, but that's a different type of spot.

Ok, I know I am way behind on the times, but I re-watched Rock v Cena. I had to comment about the spot they did at the end where Rock does the last ditch cross body. Cena catches it full on. They roll thru. Cena somehow, in an almost super human effort, holds the rock for a slam all the way from the ground to standing. Then one ups superman by taking the rock's 265lbs frame and lifting him above cena's head for an AA.

That match had already gone a half hour. It was 85degrees with humidity only south Florida can produce. I do not know how Cena did that, but damn man, that had me amazed. Greatest spot I have ever seen. I have watched wrestling since 1982 and I swear that is the best spot my eyes ever took in.

I'm not saying it's better than Foley falling off/through the cell, but that's a different type of spot.

You're 20?

I don't remember the spot but I am sure it was very cool.

I don't know what my favorite spot is of all time but it probably was in a TLC match or it was the time Charlie Haas' wife's boobs popped out on a Raw.

[youtube]C4ffhbFKsZQ[/youtube]

The one at Anarchy Rulz 99 is my favourite, couldn't find it though, but at any event this spot is always awesome.

[youtube]nQ6f8EUavpE[/youtube]

[youtube]mwwUVd2DphU[/youtube]

Come on now, you know the Big Show Shane jump was better:

[YOUTUBE]HXDWGUQpTZ0[/YOUTUBE]

I'd still go with the drop from Summerslam. For me, watching Shane's helpless fall is more shocking than the elbow drop. Then again, it's hard to pick out one jaw-dropping moment from Shane, because he was a glutton for punishment.

[YOUTUBE]Qzz72oqMtIc[/YOUTUBE]

Also, let's not forget about Foley from No Way Out 2000.

[YOUTUBE]c9rdngezFdQ[/YOUTUBE]

These are two of my favourite

[YOUTUBE]0q1XqW3Ta7E[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]r1zZNhNDsV8[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah OP I know what spot you're talking about it was a great moment helped by the fact everybody who watched that match was so invested in it. I was really worried when Cena did that, I thought Rock was gonna get pinned! Loved the finish to the match as well.

I think my favourite one in TNA (I can hear all your groans lol) in my favourite TNA match, the triple threat Unbreakable 2005 match. Daniels monkey flips AJ, AJ in mid air hurricaranas Joe. I was amazed. You could pick tons of other spots from that match too they're all great!

There is also a great one I can remember from ROH which was in the Steen vs Generico match at Final Battle 2009 I think? Generico flies THROUGH the rungs of a ladder then does a tornado DDT

I'd still go with the drop from Summerslam. For me, watching Shane's helpless fall is more shocking than the elbow drop. Then again, it's hard to pick out one jaw-dropping moment from Shane, because he was a glutton for punishment.

[YOUTUBE]Qzz72oqMtIc[/YOUTUBE]

Also, let's not forget about Foley from No Way Out 2000.

[YOUTUBE]c9rdngezFdQ[/YOUTUBE]

I agrre with your 'why pick' philosophy. They're all cool spots.

I remember Jeff Hardy hitting a Swanton Bomb on Randy Orton from one of the billboards or the titantron (not sure). Footage from another angle showed that he actually fell through a table and didn't actually hit Orton, but it still took some balls, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back