Greatest NBA Dynasty

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
I did do an NHL one, but the response to it was a little lower than I expected (Showtime 1-0 everyone else). I thought I would move on and hit up the NBA.

What is the greatest NBA Dynasty ever. I can think of three possibilities, but it really comes down to one for me. A while ago, I watched a great show on Red Auerbach, and it really showed a great insight into his life and his career as coach of the Celtics.

Winning 11 titles from 1957-1969 in any league, let alone the NBA is one hell of a record, and one could say that the Celtics were the team of titans and titles. They had a great lineup, that I still say is more impressive than their current team.

They are much better than the Lakers Dynasties and Bulls dynasties in my books. Who do you consider the best?

That has to be the celtics had down they run they had is unmatched and now with the Free Agency I think it is safe to say there run will never be matched again. Behind them would be the lakers then bulls. As much asi would love to put the bulls ahead of the lakers they have only had one stint at being dominant where as teh lakers have had many.

Boston Celtics are the ultimate dynasty and I do not want to just make reference to the 11 titles between 1957 and 1969. They hold the record for most NBA championships with 17, I think that is right, and have proven to just be a great team and franchise overall.

Sure there glory days may be behind them and they may not in another 11 titles for another 20 years but they have been the title team for a long time. Boston Celtics are the greatest dynasty ever, period.

As much as I would like to say the Lakers, I also have to go with the Celtics. Just because of the fact that they have won the most championships in the NBA and they always find themselves near the top of the table.

Bill Russel won 11 championships with them, Larry Bird helped them to 3 in what is considered the toughest time in basketball in the 1980's, Pierce, Garnett and Allen are looking to get another one this year. They have had many greats of the game, have one the most championships, Almost always a threat in the game. How could you go past them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back