Greatest NBA Draft Class: 1984, 1996, or 2003?

Which NBA draft class is the greatest?

Results are only viewable after voting.

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
Just like the title says; what do you consider to be the greatest NBA draft class of all the times: 1984, 1996, or 2003?

This draft consisted of 5 Hall of Famers and 8 All-Stars (correct me if I'm wrong). It included the likes of Hakeem Olajuwon, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, and John Stockton and is generally considered one of the greatest draft classes of all time.

This draft doesn't have any Hall of Famers yet, but I guran-damn-tee that it will. It does, however, have 10 different All-Stars and included the likes of Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Ray Allen, Jermaine O'neal, Peja Stojakovic, Marcus Camby (defensive player of the year), Stephon Marbury, and others. It is considered by many to be the greatest NBA draft ever.

This draft also has no Hall of Famers, but again, it will and it has 9 All-Stars. It consists of players such as Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Melo, Chris Bosh, Chris Kamen, Mo Williams, David West, Kyle Korver, and others.

So, what do you guys think? If we could gather up all of the draft picks from these 3 years and have them play against the other picks of the other years; which year do you think would be more likely to win? Also, besides that, which do you think is the greatest NBA draft class of all the times?

If this is based off pure talent alone coming in then I am going to roll with the '96 draft class. Class included Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Ray Allen, Steve Nash, Peja Stojakovic, Marcus Camby, Stephon Marbury, Jermaine O'Neal and Derek Fisher to name a few. So many of those players went on to become multi-time all-stars.

It's one thing to note that Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson and Steve Nash were MVPs. It's hard to overlook the accolades in this draft class considering this is probably the most decorated class in the history to this point.

I think the outlook of the 03 class will be hindered because 3 of the 4 biggest stars of that draft went on to team up with each other. If they were to all be on seperate teams their whole careers then the legacy of 4 franchises would be much better. However it is only tied to Miami and Cleveland. Toronto are having the best stretch in franchise history but I wonder what it would be like if Bosh stayed and Lebron never went to south beach as well.

96 is great and has fan favourites like Iverson and Kobe. Add in the fact that Peja Stojakovic, Derek Fisher and Marcus Camby are very underrated because they don't produce on the stat sheet or they excel in one area. Players like Steve Nash made huge a impact in the league with 2 MVPS and running the Suns in what was one of the most exciting teams of all time.

However when it comes down to it whatever draft has the best player in that respective sport to me is the best draft of all time. The fact that 3 teams had the chance to pick the greatest player of all time says it all to me. Add in 16 teams that could of picked John Stockon who in my opinion is the second greatest point guard of all time. I haven't even talked about one of my favourite players of all time in Hakeem the Dream. Charles Barkley to top off the list. Even though I want to pick the 96 draft, I can't lie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back