• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Graphic Maker In-Training: Please Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
The other day, I got "Photoshop CS3" and I got hooked making some graphics. I've some in this site that have blown my mind with awesomeness so I tried to make my own. Feel free to comment and give me suggestions.

Don't worry the next ones will be strictly about wrestling.

SIGN.jpg

Me(left) and a friend, we used to wrestle back in school, this is my first ever so it looks pretty bad.
Mexico%20.jpg

This one kicks the first ones ass, right?
Sig%20Panas.jpg

Tha%20Salsa-Rock%20Connection.jpg

TNA%20MattMorgan02.jpg

Don't worry the next ones will be strictly about wrestling.

OK here we go Again:

Me Left, Friend Right

HIStuntmen01.jpg

TNAHernandez01.jpg

HIPATO01.jpg

ThaSalsa-RockConnection.jpg

TNAMattMorgan02-2.jpg

THANKS A HELL OF A LOT for the help guys, lets see if it works now. I uploaded them on photobucket, hope it works, please comment now.

Two things that pop out immediately:
1. Way too big. Sigs have an 800 pixel limit on them.
2. They need borders.

YES, SENSEI !
Anyway, how about this one, 600px × 400px:

KevinNash04.jpg

By the way, how do I make the borders?

Still too big. 500x300 is the limit for that type of sig.

Are you using Photoshop?

YES, SENSEI !
Yeah I'm using "Photoshop CS3". OK, I resized them all to 500px X 300px, How's this:

KevinNash04.jpg

ThaSalsa-RockConnection.jpg

HIPATO01.jpg

TNAHernandez01.jpg

By the way, do I make the borders or work the brush tools?
TNAMattMorgan02-2.jpg

I've made some sig making tutorials you might find useful. It tells you all you need to know. Click my sig to read them and tell me if they help you out. I look forward to having another sig maker around here. :)

A tip:

You have too much going on in your sigs. It's too busy, try to tone it down.

I like the Matt Morgan one, and Hernandez.

They look pretty good considering you're a gfxer in training.

A couple of things;

- To make a border select all (ctrl A), then go to edit > stroke and choose how thick you you want the border, and what color

- Save your images as PNG format, the quality is higher because JPG is baaaaad

- Spice your cuts up a bit more, try blending them or using the layer effect. Basically, press; ctrl J, then ctrl shift U, and choose a layer style from the layer pallete on the left, only do it to your second cut, generally overlay or soft light look the best. You could also use photo filters, I think that's in Images > Adjustements

- You've got a good eye concept, but i'm with who ever said the sigs/banners looked a little cluttered, generally a few cuts, font, a nice bg and font, as well as some brushes do the work, it's like you've got too much going on in each picture

- Fonts are good, but a little i'm not sure, un-sophisticated? I can't think of the word, but try going for some sans serif fonts from dafont.com

- For HQ cuts of wrestlers go to PSDreams (google it), they've got thousands of pre-cut images you can use. Just sign up, search and download/save which ever psd you want

- For brushes, google Photoshop CS3 brushes (tis what I did, haha!). Extract the brushes if you need to, then open PS and go edit > preset manager, make sure the preset type is on brushes and then click load and load in your brushes

- I'd also advise you to use some textures, deviant art has some great ones at just a search away, when you've pasted them in over/under your work, choose soft light and it'll blend the texture in fairly nicely

But so far, so good. Check out some tutorials on PSD tuts, and you should be on your way :)

OK, hows this one, I had problems with the stroke option when I highlighted the layers but I managed to do it differently.

AJStyles01.png

Here's some more, I hope I'm not talking to myself here. I'm thinking about starting up shop, so if anyone wants to say I need more practice, or I"m ready please speak up... Please!?... Hello...?:
WWE01.png

Beer_Money1copy.png

Batista02.png

Custom02.png

Custom04.png

Hello...?
Hello...?
Side Note: Is anyone there... Hello...? Am I good or bad with sigs? Hello...? Goddammit they left.

your sigs pretty good :D here is one i edited of the Undertaker (my sig).
i use "photostudio SE 2.0"

it's the only thing i've made ( originally was going to be a wallpaper which it now is :D)
i've done other things, but they're
completed2.jpg
matches that have happened/i'd like them. here's one-

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww107/Midgetmania619/completed7.jpg

sorry if none show up =/ check my file on photobucket "Midgetmania619" or go to the link and follow the other pics :) (i've only recently started this too)

OK, this is my last post before opening up a thread to take requests, hopefully, my originality helps me get some people to ask me to make them some graphics. To all those who helped me get here, thanks a million, and to Doc, if you read this, that damn guide you told me about was really helpful, if your ever to stressed to work on a sig, or just wanna take a day off, fell free to send some customers over here to lighten your load. I'm nowhere near as good as you, but I'd like to return the favor as, in basic a student of yours(like I said the guide was like a GPS for me). After all I need the practice.

HI01.png

Side Note: I'm kinda thinking about putting jokes on my new request thread, is it a good idea, bad, of is it spamming?

You later ones are most definitely better than the earlier ones. You had far too much going on in them and it seemed hasty and rushed. The later ones do not have the same problem and the look a whole lot better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back